PDA

View Full Version : Friends in high places

gabosaurus
05-19-2008, 07:02 PM
There are times when it helps to have well-placed friends and associates. As I am sure some of you are aware of. Provides the needed assistance you need while trying to work the system in your favor.

One of my husband's clients is a high-profile lawyer. He was able to cut through the immense backlog of the family law system and get us an early June date for our adoption hearing.
A friend of my cousin Dahlia's husband, who was the best man at their wedding, got us in touch with his father, who does family law in Sacramento. He is going to come down and represent us pro bono. All we have to pay is court costs.
Dahlia's husband is getting an expedited passport for my daughter, so we can go to Europe this summer.

It's good to know Republicans sometimes. :)

82Marine89
05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
There are times when it helps to have well-placed friends and associates. As I am sure some of you are aware of. Provides the needed assistance you need while trying to work the system in your favor.

One of my husband's clients is a high-profile lawyer. He was able to cut through the immense backlog of the family law system and get us an early June date for our adoption hearing.
A friend of my cousin Dahlia's husband, who was the best man at their wedding, got us in touch with his father, who does family law in Sacramento. He is going to come down and represent us pro bono. All we have to pay is court costs.
Dahlia's husband is getting an expedited passport for my daughter, so we can go to Europe this summer.

Yeah, a democrat would have charged you. :poke:

MtnBiker
05-19-2008, 07:24 PM

I guess you are not a fan of bloated government bureaucracies.

Said1
05-19-2008, 07:46 PM
The Karma just gets worse and worse. Be careful.

Kathianne
05-19-2008, 07:56 PM

Yep, it was those sort of connections that got my daughter out of the Army, 3 days before she was supposed to go to boot camp. The only caveat was she could never apply again. ;)

Luckily they didn't hold it against the family. My son has filed a letter of intent upon graduation from the university for the Marines. BTW, he is a Democrat, I know, I failed somehow. ;)

manu1959
05-19-2008, 08:15 PM
The Karma just gets worse and worse. Be careful.

there is a ..... "no shit".....if there ever was one...