View Full Version : Obama/Clinton

MtnBiker
05-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Will this be the Democrat ticket?

Should this be the Democrat ticket?

Is it a winning ticket?

ranger
05-19-2008, 07:09 PM
If I was Obama, I'd be worried about Clinton having me shot.

gabosaurus
05-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Not gonna happen.

Never

No

MtnBiker
05-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Not gonna happen.

Never

No

At the Democrat convention there are 2 seperate roll call votes, one for the president canidate and one for the vice president canidate. So, if Hillary wants the VP slot and makes it known and has almost half of the delegates including super delegates (many of whom owe alot to the Clintons) that support her for VP, it will make it quite difficult for Obama to say no.

Yurt
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
not sure i see hillary wanting it, so close to the oval office but so far away...

manu1959
05-19-2008, 09:49 PM
not sure i see hillary wanting it, so close to the oval office but so far away...

she is one bad meal, plane flight, car ride, stroke, bullet............away...

05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
nope. thats a death wish.

Yurt
05-19-2008, 10:02 PM

hmmmmmmmmmm and i suppose it could set her up after oblaba leave in 8 years

retiredman
05-19-2008, 10:07 PM

sick

manu1959
05-19-2008, 10:09 PM
sick

but not impossible.........

05-19-2008, 10:11 PM
sick

What's sick about it? It's a fact.

MtnBiker
05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
She would be the first female vice president, she may want to be the vp.

05-19-2008, 10:19 PM

not if Obama didn't win

Dilloduck
05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I think it has a great chance of being the winning ticket if Hillary can step that low.

MtnBiker
05-19-2008, 10:20 PM
not if Obama didn't win

Good point.

MtnBiker
05-19-2008, 10:23 PM
It was Hillary's turn she thought the Presidency was all but hers to take, the primary was just a coronation, but Barrack got in the way. She is going to have just under half of the delegates needed along with her ego, it is conceivable that she is going to make Barrack deal with her and make her the VP canidate.

Yurt
05-19-2008, 10:41 PM
It was Hillary's turn she thought the Presidency was all but hers to take, the primary was just a coronation, but Barrack got in the way. She is going to have just under half of the delegates needed along with her ego, it is conceivable that she is going to make Barrack deal with her and make her the VP canidate.

i can see that and then manu's "prediction" will come true :D

retiredman
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
i can see that and then manu's "prediction" will come true :D

would you be the source of the bullet? seems as if you'd like that.

Yurt
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
would you be the source of the bullet? seems as if you'd like that.

go away...here's a quarter

retiredman
05-19-2008, 11:48 PM
go away...here's a quarter

I'll stay, thank you anyway.

Yurt
05-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I'll stay, thank you anyway.

can i have my quarter back :coffee:

DragonStryk72
05-20-2008, 12:08 AM

Actually, assuming she could take after Obama, she could be the first female VP, then the first female Pres, and take both slots.

DragonStryk72
05-20-2008, 12:11 AM
More to the point though, no, not a chance. They've got at each other too hard, and low-blowed one another far too hard for there to be a Obama-Clinton ticket.

Yes, clinton is willing to do a Clinton-Obama ticket, but then, would you concede a race that you are, by all the numbers, winning? Clinton is not looking at reality, and her antics are only going to put people off the next time she tries to run for office. As is, she's in the hole now in the race, and won't have the funds available to reclaim her NY seat when she doesn't get the nod from the DNC

PostmodernProphet
05-20-2008, 04:52 AM
I hear she wants the campaign signs to look like this.....".Vote Obama < Hillary - 08".....

NightTrain
05-20-2008, 09:35 AM
I really think the smartest thing the DNC could do at this point would be to convince Hillary to take the VP slot. Those two on the ticket will give McCain a serious run for the money. I suspect that's how things will end up, she has no chance now as it is, and having Veep on the resume will strengthen her next shot.

I shudder to envision the chaos that would ensue with those two knuckleheads at the helm.

But if she doesn't accept the VP slot, I think McCain can beat Obama without too much trouble.

PostmodernProphet
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I really think the smartest thing the DNC could do at this point would be to convince Hillary to take the VP slot. Those two on the ticket will give McCain a serious run for the money. I suspect that's how things will end up, she has no chance now as it is, and having Veep on the resume will strengthen her next shot.

I shudder to envision the chaos that would ensue with those two knuckleheads at the helm.

But if she doesn't accept the VP slot, I think McCain can beat Obama without too much trouble.

I don't understand this "next shot" business.....up until December of 07 everyone and his mother thought Hillary was a shoe in for nomination......up until the point it was realized that not even the majority of Democrats actually wanted her.....do you folks think that things will get better if we have more time to "get to know her"?......

NightTrain
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
No, my point is that she wants the title of "First Woman President" and will do anything in her power to achieve her goal.

Since she can't win the nomination, her next step would logically be to add VP to the resume - assuming she can swallow her pride, and that's something I don't think she'll do.

Having both Senator and VP under your political belt is better than just Senator.

GW in Ohio
05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Will this be the Democrat ticket?

Should this be the Democrat ticket?

Is it a winning ticket?

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Obama certainly needs someone on the ticket who can appeal to blue-collar, working-class people.

Either Hillary or John Edwards would fill this need.

manu1959
05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Obama certainly needs someone on the ticket who can appeal to blue-collar, working-class people.

Either Hillary or John Edwards would fill this need.

i guess someone would have to show my a poll that blue collar working class people would vote for obama if you put the right lipstick on the pig.....

MtnBiker
05-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Why??

mundame
05-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Why??

Because otherwise McCain might win?

Or do you think that is completely impossible whatever Dem has the nomination, MtnBiker?

Pale Rider
05-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Well I'll go out on the limb here and say there is NO WAY hillary is going ride BITCH for DOG EAR. Ain't gonna happen, no way, no how. I think that the bambamites would be very pissed at him for accepting her as VP, and the hitleryites would feel the same way towards bambam if the roles were reversed. But, say I'm wrong and they DO get together on the ticket, I think the pissed off dems will vote for mclame, and he'll win in a landslide. Well... either way... I see mclame winning.

manu1959
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Or do you think that is completely impossible whatever Dem has the nomination, MtnBiker?

i seriously believe hillary is staying in to make sure obama does not win.....

it will maintain the clinton power base for another 4 years....

so when mccain is done in 2012 she can make another run......

and who mccain picks for VP is critical as he/she will be the pub candidate in 2012.....

so the real question is.....who can beat hillary in 2012....

Pale Rider
05-20-2008, 02:10 PM
i seriously believe hillary is staying in to make sure obama does not win.....

it will maintain the clinton power base for another 4 years....

so when mccain is done in 2012 she can make another run......

and who mccain picks for VP is critical as he/she will be the pub candidate in 2012.....

I've heard more than once that this is hillary's one and only hurrah, that if she doesn't make it this time, it's over for good. Course that was more than likely opinion.

But the only way I'd vote for mccain is if he choose a Tom Tancredo or Duncan Hunter for VP. I WOULD vote for him then, in hopes that one of those would run for prez from the VP slot. I don't think that's going to happen though. I see mccain choosing Joe Lieberman for his VP, in which case you can say hello to a bambam presidency.

Trigg
05-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I agree with everyone here to said Hillary won't take the VP slot.

I don't see her taking a backseat to anyone. If she can't get the nomination she'll wait until she can run again.

Too much animosity between the two now.

MtnBiker
05-20-2008, 05:16 PM

I think it is quite possible for either dem to beat McCain.

mundame
05-20-2008, 08:08 PM

That's what the professional pols are saying. They think anyone remotely Dem can beat the stained, tattered, ground-into-the-dirt Bush Republicans this year.

That as soon as the Dems actually choose someone ---- it could be Biden or Dodd --- the polls will shoot up for the Dem and crash for McCain.

Well, we'll see.

mundame
05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't see her taking a backseat to anyone. If she can't get the nomination she'll wait until she can run again.

I agree. She already took backseat ---------------------

To her husband.

Ain't gonna happen again. Numero Uno or she stays put in the Senate.

DragonStryk72
05-20-2008, 09:56 PM

I don't think so, if they said all of what they said against one another and then turned around and made like they were some sort of pals, McCain would actually gain points against them. Had they run clean campaigns, then they wouldn't be in that position, but it is what it is.

PostmodernProphet
05-21-2008, 05:09 AM

is that before or after the question "can she get the nomination in 2012"?......

red states rule
05-21-2008, 06:18 AM

Over at DNC TV, the libs are worried about Barry's chances. They are already making excuses should he lose

Now tell me again how there is NO liberal bias in the media

NBC's Mitchell Suggests Republicans May Cheat Obama in November
By Brad Wilmouth | May 21, 2008 - 01:43 ET

During MSNBC's live coverage of the Kentucky and Oregon Democratic presidential primaries on Tuesday, NBC's Andrea Mitchell seemed to take seriously suggestions by Hillary Clinton campaign members who argued that Republicans in control of the election process in some red states Barack Obama hopes to carry may deny him a "fair vote." Mitchell: "There are ... Republican governors and Secretaries of State, if you will, Katherine Harris-type election officials in those states. ... he has to go up against the establishment, which would be Republican, and he has to figure out a way to get a fair vote if he's the nominee in those red states." (Transcript follows)

During an interview with Lisa Caputo of the Clinton campaign, Caputo commented that the possibility of Clinton winning the popular vote among Democratic primary and caucus voters while Obama wins the delegate count reminds her of the 2000 election. Matthews then contended that Al Gore "may well have won the election" if he had requested a statewide recount instead of "just a couple of counties" because Gore might have won most "intended votes."

A few minutes later, at about 7:56 p.m., Mitchell appeared and brought up an accusation by the Clinton campaign, which Mitchell treated as credible by calling her sources on the Clinton campaign "realists," that "Katherine Harris-type election officials" in some red states may make it difficult for Obama to carry some states he hopes to win, as Obama would have to "figure out a way to get a fair vote." Mitchell:

Other Clinton loyalists, but realists, say that that electoral map is a stretch in one regard: There are, you know, Republican governors and Secretaries of State, if you will, Katherine Harris-type election officials in those states. So, even though [Obama] may have won primaries or caucuses in those states, he has to go up against the establishment, which would be Republican, and he has to figure out a way to get a fair vote if he's the nominee in those red states.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/05/21/nbcs-mitchell-suggests-republicans-may-cheat-obama-november