PDA

View Full Version : Obama Scares Seniors On Social Security

red states rule
05-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Barry Obama tried to turn the tables on his critics, saying they were guilty of “bluster” and “dishonest, divisive” tactics. Bush and McCain Are ‘Fear Mongering’

Barry now does it to seniors can do it. Hasn't this idiot figured out you can't accuse some one of doing some thing one day and then turn around and do it yourself the next day?

Oh, he is a liberal - so he can do it, and the liberal media will back him up

Obama warns seniors on Social Security

May 18 04:17 PM US/Eastern
By MIKE GLOVER
Associated Press Writer

GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama told seniors Sunday that Republican John McCain would threaten the Social Security that they and millions like them depend on because he supports privatizing the program.
Obama turned to a bedrock, pocketbook issue as he spoke to about 130 people at an assisted living facility and sought to tie the GOP's presidential nominee-in-waiting to an unpopular President Bush on an issue that motivates seniors.

"Let me be clear, privatizing Social Security was a bad idea when George W. Bush proposed it, it's a bad idea today," Obama said. "That's why I stood up against this plan in the Senate and that's why I won't stand for it as president."

Bush proposed a Social Security plan in 2005 that focused on creating private accounts for younger workers, but it never came up for a vote in Congress. Democrats strongly opposed the idea and few Republicans embraced it.

Obama said McCain would push to raise the retirement age for collecting Social Security benefits or trim annual cost-of-living increases. Obama has rejected both ideas as solutions to the funding crisis projected for Social Security in favor of making higher-income workers pay more into the system.

"We have to protect Social Security for future generations without pushing the burden onto seniors who have earned the right to retire in dignity," he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90O8VD80&show_article=1&catnum=0

retiredman
05-20-2008, 06:54 AM
and yet in nearly all the national polls, Obama leads McCain and his lead is growing. I guess he's figured out what issues are important to seniors!

red states rule
05-20-2008, 06:56 AM
and yet in nearly all the national polls, Obama leads McCain and his lead is growing. I guess he's figured out what issues are important to seniors!

You are such a liar. Todays Gallup tracking has Barry with a one point lead

Give it up Bob, and stop the lies

Now back to the topic

There is nothing wrong with offering people OPTIONS. Barry, as a liberal, I finds that to be offensive. It reduces the power Dems have over seniors

retiredman
05-20-2008, 07:12 AM
You are such a liar. Todays Gallup tracking has Barry with a one point lead

Give it up Bob, and stop the lies

Now back to the topic

There is nothing wrong with offering people OPTIONS. Barry, as a liberal, I finds that to be offensive. It reduces the power Dems have over seniors
No lies here at all. Gallup has Obama up and previously, McCain had been leading... and nearly every other tracking poll not only shows Obama leading, but shows that his lead is increasing. I would suggest that he has figured out how to use social security to solidify his support among seniors.

red states rule
05-20-2008, 07:15 AM
No lies here at all. Gallup has Obama up and previously, McCain had been leading... and nearly every other tracking poll not only shows Obama leading, but shows that his lead is increasing. I would suggest that he has figured out how to use social security to solidify his support among seniors.

Still trying to derail another thread with your lies I see. Bary HAD a 7 point lead in the Quinnipac poll on 5/15 - 5/18

That lead in now gone

If you want to post your crap about Barry's "huge" lead - start a thread

Back to this threads topic...
A privitization plan would not effect the seniors currently on social security or anyone close to that golden age.

It is, in fact, for younger Americans who would like to take the option of investing SOME of their future retirement in a plan that will grow their retirement nestegg.

glockmail
05-20-2008, 07:29 AM
... Democrat Barack Obama told seniors Sunday that Republican John McCain would threaten the Social Security that they and millions like them depend on because he supports privatizing the program. .... Predictably, Democrats use this at every election, and if elected, the Republican fails yet again to toss seniors under the bus. How long are people going to believe this lie?

red states rule
05-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Predictably, Democrats use this at every election, and if elected, the Republican fails yet again to toss seniors under the bus. How long are people going to believe this lie?

Republicans can prove what a rip-off is to younger Americans. Ignorance is the only thing that keeps Americans supporting this liberal shell game.

I doubt if Obama understands enough about economics and the markets to even understand what a rip off social SS is.

retiredman
05-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Still trying to derail another thread with your lies I see. Bary HAD a 7 point lead in the Quinnipac poll on 5/15 - 5/18

That lead in now gone

If you want to post your crap about Barry's "huge" lead - start a thread

Back to this threads topic...
A privitization plan would not effect the seniors currently on social security or anyone close to that golden age.

It is, in fact, for younger Americans who would like to take the option of investing SOME of their future retirement in a plan that will grow their retirement nestegg.
There is no more recent Quinnipiac poll that would indicate that his lead had decreased. Nearly every poll shows him leading with the lead increasing in that poll since the prior data point. And I like talking about it in this thread, so I will continue to do so.... especially as it relates to seniors and SS.

If privatizing social security was really such a great idea, I wonder why Bush and his republican controlled congress could not do anything about it during the first six years of the Bush administration?

red states rule
05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
There is no more recent Quinnipiac poll that would indicate that his lead had decreased. Nearly every poll shows him leading with the lead increasing in that poll since the prior data point. And I like talking about it in this thread, so I will continue to do so.... especially as it relates to seniors and SS.

If privatizing social security was really such a great idea, I wonder why Bush and his republican controlled congress could not do anything about it during the first six years of the Bush administration?

Pres Bush tried it, and the Dems and RINOS opposed it. So far, the current Reid/Pelosi Congress have done nothing

Barry's answer is a $1 trillion tax increase

Every 4 years Dems scare seniors by telling them Republicnas are going to take their SS check - yet it never happens

As far as your lies about the polls, please stay on topic here - or are you determined to derail another thread? The current poll is at RCP

Stop the lies Bob, you are embarrassing yourself

retiredman
05-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Pres Bush tried it, and the Dems and RINOS opposed it. So far, the current Reid/Pelosi Congress have done nothing

Barry's answer is a $1 trillion tax increase

Every 4 years Dems scare seniors by telling them Republicnas are going to take their SS check - yet it never happens

As far as your lies about the polls, please stay on topic here - or are you determined to derail another thread? The current poll is at RCP

Stop the lies Bob, you are embarrassing yourself

You are the embarrassment, RSR. There are many current polls at RCP. RCP averages polls and comes up with a number, but it is silly to compare the results of one poll on one day to another poll on the next day and try to extrapolate any "trend" information. I am not lying about anything...you are. Nearly every poll has Obama up and nearly every poll shows him with a lead that is increasing from that poll's previous data point. He is stretching out his lead over McCain and he hasn't even gotten the nomination yet. Wait til the Clinton voters start coming on board!

I would suggest that if you are going to blame inaction in congress on the democratic leadership today, that you need to be willing to blame the inaction of the congress for the first six years of the Bush administration on the republicans who were leading the congress during that time.

And if your party really thinks that democrats are fearmongering over SS, just tell the seniors that. I'm sure they'll believe you.

red states rule
05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
You are the embarrassment, RSR. There are many current polls at RCP. RCP averages polls and comes up with a number, but it is silly to compare the results of one poll on one day to another poll on the next day and try to extrapolate any "trend" information. I am not lying about anything...you are. Nearly every poll has Obama up and nearly every poll shows him with a lead that is increasing from that poll's previous data point. He is stretching out his lead over McCain and he hasn't even gotten the nomination yet. Wait til the Clinton voters start coming on board!

I would suggest that if you are going to blame inaction in congress on the democratic leadership today, that you need to be willing to blame the inaction of the congress for the first six years of the Bush administration on the republicans who were leading the congress during that time.

And if your party really thinks that democrats are fearmongering over SS, just tell the seniors that. I'm sure they'll believe you.

Is is to hard for you to say on topic MFM - or are you mentally challenged?

This thread is about SS, and the Dems scaring seniors. Dems have done nothing to solve the pending trainwreck SS will cause the economy - can you talk about that?

Come on Bob, I am sure you have "facts" you have not used yet :laugh2:

glockmail
05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Republicans can prove what a rip-off is to younger Americans. Ignorance is the only thing that keeps Americans supporting this liberal shell game.

I doubt if Obama understands enough about economics and the markets to even understand what a rip off social SS is.

Since when do Democrats even pretend to understand SS? They just say that it needs to be "fully funded" and that Republcans will toss seniors to the curb.

red states rule
05-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Since when do Democrats even pretend to understand SS? They just say that it needs to be "fully funded" and that Republcans will toss seniors to the curb.

The last thing Dems want is for people to assume responsibility for their retirement. It would cripple their power they have over seniors

Younger workers WANT to invest their SS money in the stock market. They know full well they will be better off when they retire

But Dems want the power and could care less people would be better off

retiredman
05-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Is is to hard for you to say on topic MFM - or are you mentally challenged?

This thread is about SS, and the Dems scaring seniors. Dems have done nothing to solve the pending trainwreck SS will cause the economy - can you talk about that?

Come on Bob, I am sure you have "facts" you have not used yet :laugh2:

when I think of all the threads of mine that you ruined by failing to address the question at hand, this morning's little discussion is cause for laughter.:laugh2:

Republicans had six years to fix SS.... a republican in the white house...republican control of both houses of congress.... why didn't THEY fix it and why don't you criticize THEM?

SS will get fixed when there is political will on both sides of the aisle to come together and craft a bipartisan solution. Until then, it's all just posturing.

red states rule
05-20-2008, 08:04 AM
when I think of all the threads of mine that you ruined by failing to address the question at hand, this morning's little discussion is cause for laughter.:laugh2:

Republicans had six years to fix SS.... a republican in the white house...republican control of both houses of congress.... why didn't THEY fix it and why don't you criticize THEM?

SS will get fixed when there is political will on both sides of the aisle to come together and craft a solution. Until then, it's all just posturing.

I did. Dems and RINOS would not do what is needed

Again, where is the Dems answer after nearly 2 years?

Barry says a $1 trillion tax increase is the answer. It is not nearly enough to fully fund this liberal created nightmare

retiredman
05-20-2008, 08:11 AM
I did. Dems and RINOS would not do what is needed

Again, where is the Dems answer after nearly 2 years?

Barry says a $1 trillion tax increase is the answer. It is not nearly enough to fully fund this liberal created nightmare

I told you...when the political will is there, both sides will come together and forge a bipartisan solution. until then, it's all posturing.

RINOS seem to be a problem for you muscular conservatives. What do you intend to do about them?

I mean...really... this past year you had guys who called themselves republicans running for the presidency and they were pro-gay rights, and pro-gun control and pro choice.... oh....I forgot....you were SUPPORTING one of those guys!:poke:

red states rule
05-20-2008, 08:14 AM
I told you...when the political will is there, both sides will come together and forge a bipartisan solution. until then, it's all posturing.

RINOS seem to be a problem for you muscular conservatives. What do you intend to do about them?

I mean...really... this past year you had guys who called themselves republicans running for the presidency and they were pro-gay rights, and pro-gun control and pro choice.... oh....I forgot....you were SUPPORTING one of those guys!:poke:

As usual, you can give no ezamples of waht your party has done on SS. The same bullshit you always sprew

Tax increase are all they have offered. Their usual answer to all issues

For some reason, "Republicans" think they can when by becoming funcking libs. It will not work

PostmodernProphet
05-20-2008, 08:47 AM

I take it you haven't been looking at the state by state polling data?.....Obama has some serious catching up to do if he wants to carry the electoral college vote......

red states rule
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
S.S. Is a masterful Ponzi scheme set up so politicans on both sides can piss through it

People never get back what they paid in, and Dems want to widen that gap on the so called "rich"

PostmodernProphet
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
if I were running for president, I would push for a Real Security plan instead of social security.....turn it into an insurance instead of retirement plan.....you pay premiums and in return get assurance that you will receive at least two times "poverty level" at retirement.....those that already receive two times poverty level get nothing back, those that earn between one and two times poverty level get sliding scale return up to a max of 2X, those that have no other income get the 2X......

there is no logical reason to give a person who earns $150k a year and $11k SS payment....and no logical reason to expect a widow to live on only $11k......

we have the same problem currently with Medicaire....why do we subsidize the insurance premiums of people who earn $150k a year?......

red states rule
05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
if I were running for president, I would push for a Real Security plan instead of social security.....turn it into an insurance instead of retirement plan.....you pay premiums and in return get assurance that you will receive at least two times "poverty level" at retirement.....those that already receive two times poverty level get nothing back, those that earn between one and two times poverty level get sliding scale return up to a max of 2X, those that have no other income get the 2X......

there is no logical reason to give a person who earns $150k a year and $11k SS payment....and no logical reason to expect a widow to live on only $11k......

we have the same problem currently with Medicaire....why do we subsidize the insurance premiums of people who earn $150k a year?......

Those people pay into the system -they are entitled to their payments

Why not let people put their Ss money into a private account, and slowly raise the amount they can invest - and SS will become a thing of the past

The way libs are talking, SS will become the worlds largest welfare program. People pay into the system and get little or nothing back

PostmodernProphet
05-21-2008, 05:17 AM
Those people pay into the system -they are entitled to their payments

Why not let people put their Ss money into a private account, and slowly raise the amount they can invest - and SS will become a thing of the past

The way libs are talking, SS will become the worlds largest welfare program. People pay into the system and get little or nothing back

/shrugs....and you pay taxes.....are you entitled to ALL of them being spent on you?.....you pay insurance premiums.....are you entitled to all of them being paid back in claims.....does it make more sense to send Ross Perot $11k a year or make sure some old woman gets $24k a year instead of $11K when she has nothing else.....

because some of them are going to put all their money into Enron.......

red states rule
05-21-2008, 06:03 AM
The way libs have sold the program to the masses is they will get the money back they paid into it

Now they want to turn the program into a welfare program

Why should I finance anyone elses retirement plan - and visa versa

retiredman
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Why should I finance anyone elses retirement plan - and visa versa

"In a rich society, no one should be allowed to suffer from deprivation such as homelessness, starvation and illness. This ideal is essential, not simply as a matter of human good, but as the price we pay for a measure of domestic tranquility."

John Kenneth Galbraith

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:40 AM
"In a rich society, no one should be allowed to suffer from deprivation such as homelessness, starvation and illness. This ideal is essential, not simply as a matter of human good, but as the price we pay for a measure of domestic tranquility."

John Kenneth Galbraith

You libs have already financed $9 trillion in wealth transfers, and all we here "poverty" is worse then ever

What the hell is your exit plan on your failed war on poverty?

retiredman
05-21-2008, 08:48 AM
You libs have already financed $9 trillion in wealth transfers, and all we here "poverty" is worse then ever

What the hell is your exit plan on your failed war on poverty?

I disagree with your assessment of failure. I would suggest that poverty would be MUCH worse than it is if we had not had some form of social safety net in place. And then....as Galbraith said, domestic tranquillity could be seriously threatened.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I disagree with your assessment of failure. I would suggest that poverty would be MUCH worse than it is if we had not had some form of social safety net in place. And then....as Galbraith said, domestic tranquillity could be seriously threatened.

Yep, throw more money at the problem. Typical response from a big government tax and spend liberal

We have only thrown $9 trillion at the problem, and libs whine how we need to throw more at it - while ignoring the utter failures of their expensive handouts

40 years of failure is not enough for the left

retiredman
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Yep, throw more money at the problem. Typical response from a big government tax and spend liberal

We have only thrown $9 trillion at the problem, and libs whine how we need to throw more at it - while ignoring the utter failures of their expensive handouts

40 years of failure is not enough for the left

and it irks you to no end to see the handwriting on the wall, doesn't it? A democrat in the white house and a stronger democratic congress. Just think of all the social safety nets we'll put in place with your tax dollars!:laugh2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:57 AM
and it irks you to no end to see the handwriting on the wall, doesn't it? A democrat in the white house and a stronger democratic congress. Just think of all the social safety nets we'll put in place with your tax dollars!:laugh2:

You idiots have already turned the safety net into a King size bed

Looking at how Barry is tanking, I would not count my chickens as of yet.
They are coming home to roost for your boy

retiredman
05-21-2008, 09:10 AM
You idiots have already turned the safety net into a King size bed

Looking at how Barry is tanking, I would not count my chickens as of yet.
They are coming home to roost for your boy

I was counting on the money from our bet....until you welched, of course!

red states rule
05-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I was counting on the money from our bet....until you welched, of course!

Keep ignoring he exit polls and the numbers MFM

I can see you whining how the election was stolen, and Diebold screwed your boy out of the WH

Your own Dems are not happy with Barry - but that fact escapes you

I guess you were losing this debate so bad, you had to change the subject once again. There are many Barry threads you could go to if you wnat to redeploy from this thread :laugh2:

retiredman
05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Keep ignoring he exit polls and the numbers MFM

I can see you whining how the election was stolen, and Diebold screwed your boy out of the WH

Your own Dems are not happy with Barry - but that fact escapes you

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080521/pl_nm/usa_poll_politics_dc

"Obama, who was tied with McCain in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup last month, moved to a 48 percent to 40 percent lead over the Arizona senator in May as he took command of his grueling Democratic presidential duel with rival Hillary Clinton."

tied a month ago.... and an eight point lead this month. Looks like all yoru whining about exit polls and Rev. Wright and Ayers and Resko didn't convince too many folks!:laugh2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:00 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080521/pl_nm/usa_poll_politics_dc

"Obama, who was tied with McCain in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup last month, moved to a 48 percent to 40 percent lead over the Arizona senator in May as he took command of his grueling Democratic presidential duel with rival Hillary Clinton."

tied a month ago.... and an eight point lead this month. Looks like all yoru whining about exit polls and Rev. Wright and Ayers and Resko didn't convince too many folks!:laugh2:

Still trying to derail another thread? One poll shows your boy with a lead while the others have him with a one point lead

Zogby did have Hillary winning Iowa and has not been very accurate

Gave up trying to defend the Dems war on poverty?

You must be ignoring the exit polls where DEMS do not trust Barry and how many will vote for McCain

retiredman
05-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Still trying to derail another thread? One poll shows your boy with a lead while the others have him with a one point lead

Zogby did have Hillary winning Iowa and has not been very accurate

Gave up trying to defend the Dems war on poverty?

You must be ignoring the exit polls where DEMS do not trust Barry and how many will vote for McCain

I have never given up defending my party's stance on poverty. I am quite proud of our record on that issue.... and I am excited about moving our agenda forward once again when we get a unified democratic government.

Lots of polls have Obama leading by different amounts...the interesting phenomenon is that nearly every poll shows his leads are increasing over the last time the same poll was taken....but you keep saying that Wright and Resko and Ayers are hurting him...the polls all show him increasing his leads in those polls.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I have never given up defending my party's stance on poverty. I am quite proud of our record on that issue.... and I am excited about moving our agenda forward once again when we get a unified democratic government.

Lots of polls have Obama leading by different amounts...the interesting phenomenon is that nearly every poll shows his leads are increasing over the last time the same poll was taken....but you keep saying that Wright and Resko and Ayers are hurting him...the polls all show him increasing his leads in those polls.

So how much more on top of the $9 trillion alrady spent do you want? How many more people do you want on the government handout list? How much more in taxes do you want form people who are already forking over more then 50% of their income to the government

Lets see, polls had Gore, and Kerry ahead about this time in previous elections.

Barry has lost 5 of the last 7. Is trailing in the popular vote. FL and MI are giving the one figure salute from the party leaders

Yet to you, this is Barry's finest hour

Please start another thread, or go to one the Narry threads. Or is this your way of avoiding speciifcs on liberal handouts and how they have failed to end poverty?

Abbey Marie
05-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Predictably, Democrats use this at every election, and if elected, the Republican fails yet again to toss seniors under the bus. How long are people going to believe this lie?

So far, the only senior being thrown under the bus is Hussein's granny, and HE did it. :laugh2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:28 AM
So far, the only senior being thrown under the bus is Hussein's granny, and HE did it. :laugh2:

His RACIST Granny

and Wright is now laying next to her. He could be considered a senior. (The crazy uncle you keep hidden in the attic)

retiredman
05-21-2008, 11:28 AM
So how much more on top of the $9 trillion alrady spent do you want? How many more people do you want on the government handout list? How much more in taxes do you want form people who are already forking over more then 50% of their income to the government

Lets see, polls had Gore, and Kerry ahead about this time in previous elections.

Barry has lost 5 of the last 7. Is trailing in the popular vote. FL and MI are giving the one figure salute from the party leaders

Yet to you, this is Barry's finest hour

Please start another thread, or go to one the Narry threads. Or is this your way of avoiding speciifcs on liberal handouts and how they have failed to end poverty?

how much more do we want? as much as we can squeeze out of congress, and when we have both chambers AND the white house, we'll be able to turn the tap back on!

And like I said earlier, to see you, of all people, whining about posts off topic is really quite hilarious.
The fact remains: Obama is increasing his lead in national polls.... your predictions of him crashing and burning have not played out.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
how much more do we want? as much as we can squeeze out of congress, and when we have both chambers AND the white house, we'll be able to turn the tap back on!

And like I said earlier, to see you, of all people, whining about posts off topic is really quite hilarious.
The fact remains: Obama is increasing his lead in national polls.... your predictions of him crashing and burning have not played out.

So even though the top 1% pay 38% in fedeal income taxes - it is not enough for you?

Screw the producers and get more people dependent on government os your plan?

BTW, you can have the popular vote - I am looking at the Electoral College and McCain is ahead of both Barry and Hillary :laugh2:

Keep trying to derail the thread - it is what you do best when you are losing

retiredman
05-21-2008, 11:39 AM
So even though the top 1% pay 38% in fedeal income taxes - it is not enough for you?

Screw the producers and get more people dependent on government os your plan?

BTW, you can have the popular vote - I am looking at the Electoral College and McCain is ahead of both Barry and Hillary

Keep trying to derail the thread - it is what you do best when you are losing

not quite enough.... we'll take just a little bit more whether you like it or not!

which poll are you looking at? I can recall when you used to swear by RCP.... Obama is increasing his lead there as well!:laugh2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
not quite enough.... we'll take just a little bit more whether you like it or not!

which poll are you looking at? I can recall when you used to swear by RCP.... Obama is increasing his lead there as well!:laugh2:

As usual, you are out to screw the producers, and coddle the nonprodcers. Lets se Barry sell that economic plan

The Electoral College update is on ABC's site. I guess your knowledge of the US Constitution is limited - the popualr vite does not elect the President

Remember 2000? The same moonbats who were pissed over FL in 2000 are now telling FL voters to shut up and toss out their votes

retiredman
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
As usual, you are out to screw the producers, and coddle the nonprodcers. Lets se Barry sell that economic plan

The Electoral College update is on ABC's site. I guess your knowledge of the US Constitution is limited - the popualr vite does not elect the President

Remember 2000? The same moonbats who were pissed over FL in 2000 are now telling FL voters to shut up and toss out their votes

Like I said...just a little bit more...and there won't be thing you can do about it.

I understand the way our govenment works.

can you read this:

http://www.trendlines.ca/electusa.htm

:laugh2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Like I said...just a little bit more...and there won't be thing you can do about it.

I understand the way our govenment works.

can you read this:

http://www.trendlines.ca/electusa.htm

:laugh2:

Sorry, Obama is losing to McCain in this one

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/05/roves-latest-el.html

retiredman
05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry, Obama is losing to McCain in this one

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/05/roves-latest-el.html

wow....Karl Rove's map gives the edge to a republican. Now THAT'S a shocker!:laugh2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
wow....Karl Rove's map gives the edge to a republican. Now THAT'S a shocker!:laugh2:

Roves numbers have been more accurate in this election then your sources :laugh2:

retiredman
05-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Roves numbers have been more accurate in this election then your sources :laugh2:

:link:

:lol:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:03 PM
:link:

:lol:

On Fox Rove said Barry would win Iowa while your guy Zogby said Hillary would

Rove has called the delegate count on all the election nights with great accuracy

retiredman
05-21-2008, 12:04 PM
On Fox Rove said Barry would win Iowa while your guy Zogby said Hillary would

Rove has called the delegate count on all the election nights with great accuracy

:link::lol:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:09 PM
:link::lol:

Already answered numbnuts

BTW, Barry now wants to tell us what we can drive, how much we can eat, and how the temp inside our homes

Will he tax us if we exceed his limits? Oh, he plans to tax us more no matter what we do

retiredman
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Already answered numbnuts

BTW, Barry now wants to tell us what we can drive, how much we can eat, and how the temp inside our homes

Will he tax us if we exceed his limits? Oh, he plans to tax us more no matter what we do

you told me your opinion about Rove's accuracy. I asked for a link that would support your opinion...and all you did was state your opinion again.

so...I am still asking for a link that shows that Rove's election prognostication is better than the host of polls I have already put up showing Obama leading McCain and increasing his leads in those polls over their previous data points.

Obama plans on taxing the wealthiest Americans at the same rate they were taxed during the prosperous Clinton years.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
you told me your opinion about Rove's accuracy. I asked for a link that would support your opinion...and all you did was state your opinion again.

so...I am still asking for a link that shows that Rove's election prognostication is better than the host of polls I have already put up showing Obama leading McCain and increasing his leads in those polls over their previous data points.

Obama plans on taxing the wealthiest Americans at the same rate they were taxed during the prosperous Clinton years.

Try watching Fox News and you will see how good he is

retiredman
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Try watching Fox News and you will see how good he is

I didn't think you had a link.... just more flatulence.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I didn't think you had a link.... just more flatulence.

Try turning off DNC TV and the Barry 08 campaign rally held nightly on Hardball, and you will see for yourself

But then again you have shown facts and truth mean nothing to you. You live off lies and spin

retiredman
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Try turning off DNC TV and the Barry 08 campaign rally held nightly on Hardball, and you will see for yourself

But then again you have shown facts and truth mean nothing to you. You live off lies and spin

so....no links to show that Rove has beaten all the other polling firms?

I didn't think so.:laugh2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
so....no links to show that Rove has beaten all the other polling firms?

I didn't think so.:laugh2:

I saw it

You are to busy watching the Obama rallies on DNCTV and CNN to know any different

Gaffer
05-21-2008, 01:11 PM

Remember, mfm doesn't believe in links. Experts and sources don't count. Only what he says matters.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Remember, mfm doesn't believe in links. Experts and sources don't count. Only what he says matters.

Yep

He dismisses them as "cut and paste" and whines how I won't debate him with my own owrds

retiredman
05-21-2008, 01:14 PM
I saw it

You are to busy watching the Obama rallies on DNCTV and CNN to know any different

you "saw it"???

now there is an unimpeachable and non-partisan source!

wow.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
you "saw it"???

now there is an unimpeachable and non-partisan source!

wow.

I do not have the reputation as a liar as you do

retiredman
05-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I do not have the reputation as a liar as you do

so you get to just tell us what you saw and that is as good as an entry in the encyclopedia!:lol:

Pale Rider
05-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Barry Obama tried to turn the tables on his critics, saying they were guilty of “bluster” and “dishonest, divisive” tactics. Bush and McCain Are ‘Fear Mongering’

Barry now does it to seniors can do it. Hasn't this idiot figured out you can't accuse some one of doing some thing one day and then turn around and do it yourself the next day?

Oh, he is a liberal - so he can do it, and the liberal media will back him up

Obama warns seniors on Social Security

May 18 04:17 PM US/Eastern
By MIKE GLOVER
Associated Press Writer

GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama told seniors Sunday that Republican John McCain would threaten the Social Security that they and millions like them depend on because he supports privatizing the program.
Obama turned to a bedrock, pocketbook issue as he spoke to about 130 people at an assisted living facility and sought to tie the GOP's presidential nominee-in-waiting to an unpopular President Bush on an issue that motivates seniors.

"Let me be clear, privatizing Social Security was a bad idea when George W. Bush proposed it, it's a bad idea today," Obama said. "That's why I stood up against this plan in the Senate and that's why I won't stand for it as president."

Bush proposed a Social Security plan in 2005 that focused on creating private accounts for younger workers, but it never came up for a vote in Congress. Democrats strongly opposed the idea and few Republicans embraced it.

Obama said McCain would push to raise the retirement age for collecting Social Security benefits or trim annual cost-of-living increases. Obama has rejected both ideas as solutions to the funding crisis projected for Social Security in favor of making higher-income workers pay more into the system.

"We have to protect Social Security for future generations without pushing the burden onto seniors who have earned the right to retire in dignity," he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90O8VD80&show_article=1&catnum=0

The dems do this EVERY SINGLE TIME rsr. EVERY SINGLE TIME! I've heard this in every campaign I can remember in my adult life.

And then the dems turn around and accuse the repubs of "fear mongering." Ppphht... can you say "hypocrite?"