PDA

View Full Version : Obama and his lobbyists

Trigg
05-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Has Obama been less than truthful when he says he takes "no money" from lobbyists???????

What is the difference between federal lobbyists and state lobbyists????? NOTHING they'll all be looking for kickbacks.

McCain recently adopted conflict-of-interest guidelines that led to the departures of several campaign aides due to their links to lobbyists.

"The fact is, John McCain's campaign is being run by Washington lobbyists and paid for by their money," Obama argued in Billings, Mont. "I'm not in this race to continue the special interest-driven politics of the last eight years. I'm in this race to end it."

McCain, in Savannah, Ga., dared Obama to follow his lead on the guidelines.

"We have enacted the most comprehensive and most transparent policy concerning lobbyist activities, and I challenge Senator Obama to adopt a similar policy."

Although Obama doesn't take money from federal lobbyists and political action committees, he does accept cash from state lobbyists and corporate executives interested in issues before Congress. He has had unpaid advisers with federal lobbying clients, and some of his campaign officials were lobbyists before.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080520/D90P91AG0.html