PDA

View Full Version : Can Barack Appease Hillary's Base?

red states rule
05-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Since Barry wants to appease terrorists, can he appease the Hillary backers?

BARACK & THE FURIES
CAN HE APPEASE HILL'S CORE?

May 21, 2008 -- IF Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, what kind of fury can millions of women unleash?

Last night, Barack Obama delivered a much-anticipated speech following the Oregon and Kentucky primaries. After letting it leak that he'd be declaring victory, the Obama campaign pulled back - seemingly wary of the brewing backlash among Hillary supporters.

Speaking to the Iowa crowd, he celebrated the milestone of earning the majority of pledged delegates (the equivalent of victory) but generously added that it put him only "within reach of the Democratic nomination."

He said, "No matter how this primary ends, Sen. Clinton has shattered myths and broken barriers and changed the America in which my daughters and yours will come of age." He praised her as "one of the most formidable candidates to ever run for this office."

Looming behind his speech was a primal scream from female Clinton supporters enraged over her treatment.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05212008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/barack__the_furies_111822.htm?page=1

glockmail
05-21-2008, 08:07 AM
No he can't. Now that Black Liberation Theology has come out of the closet, Obama's dead in the water.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:10 AM
No he can't. Now that Black Liberation Theology has come out of the closet, Obama's dead in the water.

Dems are indeed doing their best to lose this election by going with Obama

Chris Matthews was so upset last night, I thought he was going to cry. He played the race card several times, and even compared Hillary to the dust of the Roadrunner

mundame
05-21-2008, 11:24 AM

Yeah. Well, for me he's dead in the water.

Unluckily, a national poll today reported Obama is now up 8% over McCain: I guess that's the big bumpup they were expecting, and shows people are getting reconciled to his being the nominee.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah. Well, for me he's dead in the water.

Unluckily, a national poll today reported Obama is now up 8% over McCain: I guess that's the big bumpup they were expecting, and shows people are getting reconciled to his being the nominee.

The poll is from Zogby who has been wrong many times.

The Dem party is going with a clown who is now losing the popular vote

Telling FL and MI to fuck off

Obama has lost 5 of the last 7 primaries

More the 50% of Dems find Barry untrustworthy

Yes, Dems are going with another Mondale and McGovern

mundame
05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
The poll is from Zogby who has been wrong many times.

Oh, was that Zogby? I do class him with Rassmussen the Rong. Better wait and see another poll.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh, was that Zogby? I do class him with Rassmussen the Rong. Better wait and see another poll.

Zogby had Hillary winning in Iowa

and has over polled Barry in others

The popualr vote does not elect the President. Watch the Electoral College

mundame
05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
The popualr vote does not elect the President. Watch the Electoral College

We've all noticed that.

May 24 HBO has a TV movie on The Recount, with stars playing Katherine Harris and so on.

The Electoral College is presumably one of the reasons O. and H. are campaigning in Florida today.

But I still think Hillary does mean to make a play for their delegates. What are her other choices, you know? She has to.

Gabby, what do you think about that?

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:45 AM
We've all noticed that.

May 24 HBO has a TV movie on The Recount, with stars playing Katherine Harris and so on.

The Electoral College is presumably one of the reasons O. and H. are campaigning in Florida today.

But I still think Hillary does mean to make a play for their delegates. What are her other choices, you know? She has to.

Gabby, what do you think about that?

Libs still can't get over 2000 and how Gore lost by less then 600 votes

It would be great to see the same thing happen to Barry, and watch the libs go through their self imposed misery again

Yet the party hacks are screwing the FL voters - their own voters!

Pale Rider
05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Since Barry wants to appease terrorists, can he appease the Hillary backers?

BARACK & THE FURIES
CAN HE APPEASE HILL'S CORE?

May 21, 2008 -- IF Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, what kind of fury can millions of women unleash?

Last night, Barack Obama delivered a much-anticipated speech following the Oregon and Kentucky primaries. After letting it leak that he'd be declaring victory, the Obama campaign pulled back - seemingly wary of the brewing backlash among Hillary supporters.

Speaking to the Iowa crowd, he celebrated the milestone of earning the majority of pledged delegates (the equivalent of victory) but generously added that it put him only "within reach of the Democratic nomination."

He said, "No matter how this primary ends, Sen. Clinton has shattered myths and broken barriers and changed the America in which my daughters and yours will come of age." He praised her as "one of the most formidable candidates to ever run for this office."

Looming behind his speech was a primal scream from female Clinton supporters enraged over her treatment.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05212008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/barack__the_furies_111822.htm?page=1

Clinton STILL has the "popular vote," and don't think she isn't going to push that.

bambam can't win, period. With or without hillary's votes.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Clinton STILL has the "popular vote," and don't think she isn't going to push that.

Pale, the same party that shit their pants over the 2000 election is about to deny the nomination to the candidate who is winning the popular vote in the primaries

They are denying the votes to count in FL and MI

Why?

So they can give the nod to black liberal, and appease the black voting block

Meanwhile, pissed off Hillary supports will stay home or cast a protect vote for McCain

mundame
05-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Pale, the same party that shit their pants over the 2000 election is about to deny the nomination to the candidate who is winning the popular vote in the primaries

They are denying the votes to count in FL and MI

Why?

So they can give the nod to black liberal, and appease the black voting block

Meanwhile, pissed off Hillary supports will stay home or cast a protect vote for McCain

No, wait, it's not that simple.

They are ------- clearly with great reluctance or it would already be done!!! -------- favoring Obalamabama NOT just because of the blacks. Obviously the arithmetic does not add up to catering only to blacks!

They are also thinking of several other issues, I believe:

Barry does do effective campaigning
He doesn't have Clinton's well-known "negatives" --- her unpopularity
They can appropriately hope the Dems can unite after: why not, given the VERY unattractive GOP candidate's positions
The young people! Young Dems are 133% supporting Obama and they are the future: do they want them to become cynical and discouraged and turn to the GOP or a third party?
It's very close for Obama in terms of popularity -- they are quite even, so the other issues matter
I think they are underestimating just how vulnerable Obama is going to be to this Black Liberation Theology crap and to attacks on his being raised Muslim (which he certainly was, after all) and to all the really regrettable things in his book and on tape from Michelle's speeches.

And if Bush goes to war on Iran, that could help McCain, and Bush may do it: he has no shame at all, he doesn't care who dies if he gets to do whatever he wants.

So I think the whole race is still well up in the air. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/juggle.gif

manu1959
05-21-2008, 01:38 PM

she has the popular vote if you count two states that obama wasn't even on the ballot and don't count all the caucus states he won because they don't release the raw vote data.......if you count that way ... ya she leads the popular vote....

Pale Rider
05-21-2008, 02:24 PM
she has the popular vote if you count two states that obama wasn't even on the ballot and don't count all the caucus states he won because they don't release the raw vote data.......if you count that way ... ya she leads the popular vote....

He was on the ballot in Florida but not Michigan, by his own choice.

Hillary will have those votes counted, if she has to do it by court order, or she'll see the democratic party brought down like a burning heap of rubble.

Abbey Marie
05-21-2008, 02:35 PM
He was on the ballot in Florida but not Michigan, by his own choice.

Hillary will have those votes counted, if she has to do it by court order, or she'll see the democratic party brought down like a burning heap of rubble.

Ooh, another Florida vote count in the courts. Good times! :coffee:

red states rule
05-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Ooh, another Florida vote count in the courts. Good times! :coffee:

Libs can't let go of the 200 election. Now HBO (home of Bill Maher) has a movie on the 2000 recount

The film is told from the Dems POV. What a shocker. I wonder if the film will show that after the liberal meida did their own recount they found Pres Bush did win FL

Spacey Confirms HBO's 'Recount' Is from 'Democratic Point of View'
By Brent Baker | May 22, 2008 - 03:31 ET

Actor Kevin Spacey, who stars as Al Gore adviser Ron Klain in HBO's Sunday night Recount film about the 2000 post-election battle in Florida, conceded on Wednesday's Countdown on MSNBC that “the movie is done from the Democratic point of view.” That matches the observation of Entertainment Weekly magazine reviewer Gillian Flynn: “Recount is an underdog story, and thus a Democrat story.” On Monday's Late Show with David Letterman, in apparent references to Katherne Harris and President George W. Bush, Spacey quipped Florida in 2000 was “a confluence of events and personalities -- some of whom perhaps weren't qualified for their jobs, [pause] some of whom probably aren't currently qualified for their job.”

Wednesday night, Spacey told Keith Olbermann that Bush's team was more ruthless than Gore's: “I think there's no question what the movie illustrates is there were two differing philosophies about how to approach this recount fight. The Republicans pretty much, it was a street battle in their eyes. And I think on the Gore side, I think there was a -- perhaps an overestimated view of the patience of the American people.” Bottom line for Spacey in echoing the liberal take at the time: “It does seem that on the one hand the Bush people were trying to stop votes from being counted and the Gore people were just trying to get votes counted.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/05/22/spacey-confirms-hbos-recount-democratic-point-view

red states rule
05-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Did Al Gore write the script for this HBO hit piece?

Actress Dern: 'Loved' Making Katherine Harris Look 'Clueless' in HBO Film
By Warner Todd Huston | May 22, 2008 - 19:27 ET

It's not often that a denizen of Hollywood is so crass as to admit that they enjoyed using their film work as a bludgeon with which to beat up a living person, but Reuters is reporting that the folks that made the upcoming HBO film "Recount" -- and actress Laura Dern in particular -- really relished making at least one person look like an idiot. Apparently Dern really enjoyed skewering Katherine Harris, the former Florida Secretary of State responsible for certifying the 2000 general election results.

Reuters helpfully informs us that actress Dern is a "self-described liberal" who "loved portraying (Harris) in the new HBO movie." And, why was it so fun for our "self-described liberal" to portray Representative, then Florida Sec. of State Harris? Because they made her look "clueless about the workings of her office," of course.

So, how is Harris depicted?

Throughout the TV movie, writer Danny Strong characterizes Harris as clueless about the workings of her office but shrewd about decision-making that would favor Republicans. Harris' dual nature, Dern said, is why she loved the role.

Yeah, she "loved" it alright. In fact she even resorted to that well-known style of denigration while talking about her victim.

"That's what made it even more fun to be honest, to get inside the head of that sort of person, to examine her look and be like her -- all those challenges make it more fun," Dern told Reuters in a recent interview.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/05/22/actress-dern-loved-making-katherine-harris-look-clueless-hbo-fil