PDA

View Full Version : NY Times Admits Progress In Iraq

red states rule
05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Someone may be fired from the DNC Times for letting this news make it to the front page

Reid and Pelosi may burn their copy of the paper

Operation in Sadr City Is an Iraqi Success, So Far

BAGHDAD — Iraqi forces rolled unopposed through the huge Shiite enclave of Sadr City on Tuesday, a dramatic turnaround from the bitter fighting that has plagued the Baghdad neighborhood for two months, and a qualified success for Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki.

As it did in the southern city of Basra last month, the Iraqi government advanced its goal of establishing sovereignty and curtailing the powers of the militias.

This was a hopeful accomplishment, but one that came with caveats: In both cities, the militias eventually melted away in the face of Iraqi troops backed by American firepower. Thus nobody can say just where the militias might re-emerge or when Iraqi and American forces might need to fight them again.

By late Tuesday, Iraqi troops had pushed deep into the district and set up positions around hospitals and police stations, which the Iraqi government was seeking to bring under its control.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/world/middleeast/21sadr.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

retiredman
05-21-2008, 08:33 AM
"In both cities, the militias eventually melted away in the face of Iraqi troops backed by American firepower. Thus nobody can say just where the militias might re-emerge or when Iraqi and American forces might need to fight them again."

which has been my point all along. Sadr can make the violence go up or down and has had a much greater role in the "success" of the surge than anyone cares to admit.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:38 AM
"In both cities, the militias eventually melted away in the face of Iraqi troops backed by American firepower. Thus nobody can say just where the militias might re-emerge or when Iraqi and American forces might need to fight them again."

which has been my point all along. Sadr can make the violence go up or down and has had a much greater role in the "success" of the surge than anyone cares to admit.

To surrender monkeys like you, the glass is always half empty

The fact progress is being made must piss like like you off so bad

ranger
05-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Exactly, there's always going to be some kind of problem in Iraq because if there's not, Bush was right and the entire reason for the left's existence will vanish.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Exactly, there's always going to be some kind of problem in Iraq because if there's not, Bush was right and the entire reason for the left's existence will vanish.

Appeasers like MFM live for bad news and failure. They are only happy when Amercia is losing

retiredman
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
To surrender monkeys like you, the glass is always half empty

The fact progress is being made must piss like like you off so bad

different day, same lame insults from RSR.

I am always glad to see reports of progress and American success on the ground in Iraq. I merely point out that I have been saying for some time that Sadr controls a huge militia and a large segment of the shiite population is loyal to him... Maliki tried to be a tough guy and demand that Sadr's militia disarm at the confrontation in Basra...and Sadr just laughed at him and had his militia just melt back into the population - ready to stir up mayhem at a time of Sadr's chosing. That does not bode well for this multicultural jeffersonian democracy, would you think?

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:47 AM
different day, same lame insults from RSR.

I am always glad to see reports of progress and American success on the ground in Iraq. I merely point out that I have been saying for some time that Sadr controls a huge militia and a large segment of the shiite population is loyal to him... Maliki tried to be a tough guy and demand that Sadr's militia disarm at the confrontation in Basra...and Sadr just laughed at him and had his militia just melt back into the population - ready to stir up mayhem at a time of Sadr's chosing. That does not bode well for this multicultural jeffersonian democracy, would you think?

Different day - same old whining form one of our resident appeasers

Sadr is losing and he knows it. Much to the dismay of appeasers like you. The terrorists are backing your boy, and good news is the last thing you want coming out of Iraq

retiredman
05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Different day - same old whining form one of our resident appeasers

Sadr is losing and he knows it. Much to the dismay of appeasers like you. The terrorists are backing your boy, and good news is the last thing you want coming out of Iraq

How can Sadr be losing when he still commands a powerful armed militia and he still commands the respoect of the shiite community?

I am not an appeaser or a surrender monkey. I have told you on numerous occasions that I find such epithets to be insulting... yet you continue them....AND you continue to whine about how I have insulted you in the past. I would suggest that you might try NOT insulting me - like I have been trying to NOT insult you. Isn't that a reasonable and adult approach?

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:55 AM
How can Sadr be losing when he still commands a powerful armed militia and he still commands the respoect of the shiite community?

I am not an appeaser or a surrender monkey. I have told you on numerous occasions that I find such epithets to be insulting... yet you continue them....AND you continue to whine about how I have insulted you in the past. I would suggest that you might try NOT insulting me - like I have been trying to NOT insult you. Isn't that a reasonable and adult approach?

Powerful? He gets a huge ass whiping worse then Barry got last night

I do not whine about you insulting me - I remind you of them when you have your daily temper tanturm

You are an appeaser and a surrender monkey. You march with your party no matter how badly it hurts the troops and national security

You have put your party ahead of the troops and your country

If you don't like the truth - "redeploy" to other threads

ranger
05-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Because even parts of the Shiite community have seen Sadr for what he really is, an IRANIAN puppet. One things Iraqis can't stand are the Iranians.

Sounds like you're whining AGAIN. So, you don't like appeaser or surrender monkey, do you prefer, terrorist cum bitch? All are apt terms in describing your attitude and the attitude of the party on the left

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Sounds like you're whining AGAIN. So, you don't like appeaser or surrender monkey, do you prefer, terrorist cum bitch? All are apt terms in describing your attitude and the attitude of the party on the left

Again? He has never stopped crying and whining. This is his daily routine

retiredman
05-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Because even parts of the Shiite community have seen Sadr for what he really is, an IRANIAN puppet. One things Iraqis can't stand are the Iranians.

Iraqi shiites and Iranians do not have any deep seated hatred. The sunnis might, but they are going to be marginalized sooner or later anyway.

And I am not whining in the least.... I find it quite humorous to see all the folks who had whined so much about my insulting posts... "cum bitch"??? Pretty adolescent, don't ya think?:laugh2:

retiredman
05-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Powerful? He gets a huge ass whiping worse then Barry got last night

I do not whine about you insulting me - I remind you of them when you have your daily temper tanturm

You are an appeaser and a surrender monkey. You march with your party no matter how badly it hurts the troops and national security

You have put your party ahead of the troops and your country

If you don't like the truth - "redeploy" to other threads

If you don't like being insulted, perhaps you should consider not insulting people. That is what I am trying to do with you. Why not try it yourself?

red states rule
05-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Iraqi shiites and Iranians do not have any deep seated hatred. The sunnis might, but they are going to be marginalized sooner or later anyway.

And I am not whining in the least.... I find it quite humorous to see all the folks who had whined so much about my insulting posts... "cum bitch"??? Pretty adolescent, don't ya think?:laugh2:

Just like an appeaser. Make excuses for the terrorists

As far as being adolescent, Ranger is trying to talk to you on your level

red states rule
05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
If you don't like being insulted, perhaps you should consider not insulting people. That is what I am trying to do with you. Why not try it yourself?

I am not upset. I expect it from people like you. It is part of your personality and in your soul

ranger
05-21-2008, 09:04 AM

Damn, you truly are a fucking idiot. First of all, Arabs and Perisans don't like each other and haven't for centuries. Second, the Iraqis still remember the Iran-Iraq war that killed thousands (even if you don't). FInally, nationalism is taking hold and they don't want some guy who ran to the Mullahs in Iran when the going got tough to be their boss.

:lame2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Damn, you truly are a fucking idiot. First of all, Arabs and Perisans don't like each other and haven't for centuries. Second, the Iraqis still remember the Iran-Iraq war that killed thousands (even if you don't). FInally, nationalism is taking hold and they don't want some guy who ran to the Mullahs in Iran when the going got tough to be their boss.

:lame2:

a better one is

:gives:

ranger
05-21-2008, 09:08 AM
True.

retiredman
05-21-2008, 09:09 AM

Iraqi sunnis don't like Iranians. Most of the leaders of the shiite community lived in Iran throughout their exile.... and the bonds between Iraqi shiiteleaderss and Iran reman strong

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/03/02/iraq.ahmadinejad/index.html

"Ahmadinejad was warmly welcomed in Baghdad. An Iraqi military band played the Iranian and Iraqi national anthems as Ahmadinejad and Talabani stood side-by-side at the end of a long red carpet outside the presidential house. Ahmadinejad then walked down the carpet where he was greeted by two Iraqi children with flowers and a long line of Iraqi officials."

red states rule
05-21-2008, 09:11 AM
On CNN, John Roberts was shocked violence is down 70% from a year ago

Dem Jane Harmon could not bring herself to give credit to Pres Bush's policy or the troops

She said the people of Iraq are stepping up

Success in Iraq is bad news for Dems. It is their worst nightmare going into the election