PDA

View Full Version : Camping

MtnBiker
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Well it is Memorial Weekend coming up. I usually take advantage of the long weekend and opening day of fishing season to go camping and do some fishing, then come back mid day monday to visit a few graves. However this year I will be staying home. The weather forecast is cold with rain and snow mix!! As well as the area that I usually go still has about 2 feet of snow on the ground. Global warming :rolleyes:

Yurt
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Well it is Memorial Weekend coming up. I usually take advantage of the long weekend and opening day of fishing season to go camping and do some fishing, then come back mid day monday to visit a few graves. However this year I will be staying home. The weather forecast is cold with rain and snow mix!! As well as the area that I usually go still has about 2 feet of snow on the ground. Global warming :rolleyes:

going to a wedding....manu is crashing, j/k

Abbey Marie
05-22-2008, 12:23 AM
I've only been camping once, and it was near the Appalachian Trail in PA. I think I could be the poster child for what not to do when camping.

First, after endless time cooking chicken over the fire, I dropped it into the fire when trying to take it off to eat it. No dinner for me. Well, there's always breakfast, right?

Rain started to pour down, and not long after we turned in, the tent fell on our heads. No way to really fix it in the dark and during a deluge. So we slept with the tent touching our noses. I was shivering all night.

Next morning, starving due to no dinner, and dying to eat. But, wouldn't you know it, there is a large animal bite taken out of our styrofoam (!) cooler, and the food is gone!

That was a long time ago, and believe it or not, I haven't been camping since. I think I'm a city girl. :laugh2:

hjmick
05-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Camping...

I don't work all year to pay my mortgage just to pretend I'm homeless for a week. :D

dan
05-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Camping...

I don't work all year to pay my mortgage just to pretend I'm homeless for a week. :D

Hahhaaha, that's hilarious! I actually like camping, though I haven't done it since last October.

glockmail
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Me and the boy are planning some nice hikes this weekend with a few of his buddies. Since the trails are under ten miles, and within 20 minutes drive of the cabin, we'll probably "camp" there instead. That way we can eat from the gas grill and fridge, and sleep in actual beds. I plan on drinking nice cold beer around a campfire at least two nights. :laugh2:

hjmick
05-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Hahhaaha, that's hilarious! I actually like camping, though I haven't done it since last October.

When I was a kid and a younger man I enjoyed camping, went frequently. Now that I am old and bitter, however, I want room service. LOL

Yurt
05-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I've only been camping once, and it was near the Appalachian Trail in PA. I think I could be the poster child for what not to do when camping.

First, after endless time cooking chicken over the fire, I dropped it into the fire when trying to take it off to eat it. No dinner for me. Well, there's always breakfast, right?

Rain started to pour down, and not long after we turned in, the tent fell on our heads. No way to really fix it in the dark and during a deluge. So we slept with the tent touching our noses. I was shivering all night.

Next morning, starving due to no dinner, and dying to eat. But, wouldn't you know it, there is a large animal bite taken out of our styrofoam (!) cooler, and the food is gone!

That was a long time ago, and believe it or not, I haven't been camping since. I think I'm a city girl. :laugh2:

what! hey, charcoal is good for you and who wouldn't eat a true fire roasted chicken :laugh2:

and touching noses, i love ya, thats a cute story eskimo

Trigg
05-23-2008, 07:07 PM
After tent camping last yr we bought a camper. Got a good price on a used one off e-bay that didn't have a canvas. Got the new canvas put on a couple of months ago.

But since hubby is on call all weekend and I work Mon. we can't camp. We set up the camper in the backyard and are going to let the boys sleep outside.

My daughter decided that camping in the backyard is "stupid", I love teenagers!!

82Marine89
05-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I was going to go camping this weekend, but this global cooling put a damper on that. Even my favorite mountain bike trails are to muddy to ride. I'm heading out the door to go hike iron mountain now. (In the rain) See y'all in about six hours.