PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Global Warming

Yurt
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
5-22-08
Snow fell in the San Bernardino Mountains, thunderstorms unleashed downpours and hail, and heavy surf was building along the coast Thursday as Southern California moved from a spring heat wave into blustery, rainy weather.

The overnight snowfall in the mountain resort region northeast of Los Angeles coated some peaks but melted quickly at lower elevations.

“It’s bizarre,” Snow Valley ski resort marketing supervisor Roger Vieau told KABC-TV. “It’s very late in the spring for this to be happening. I don’t ever remember it snowing this late in the season.”

In Central California, a National Weather Service surf advisory was in effect for wind-driven 10- to 14-foot waves, with some local sets to 18 feet along the coast of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/breakingnews/story/367467.html

we should sell short any stocks al bore owns...

PostmodernProphet
05-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I was just talking about the local weather with someone today.....about how cold it was the week before Memorial Day.....it brought to my recollection that this is actually "normal" since the general rule of thumb around here is not to plant tender flowers until after Memorial Day because we can still get a killing frost.....it has been unusually warm in the spring for the last five or six years and we got spoiled.....

ranger
05-23-2008, 10:34 PM
This is the coldest it has been in Phoenix in May in years. It was in the 60s with rain and wind. May is usually our dry month with everyone talking about how it's been 50+ days without any measureable rain.

retiredman
05-23-2008, 10:37 PM
those who don't understand the difference between climate and weather probably should avoid threads that discuss either.

ranger
05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
those who don't understand the difference between climate and weather probably should avoid threads that discuss either.

Those who can't discuss things with people without acting like a spoiled little 2nd grader should spend their time elsewhere. Like in timeout or something.

retiredman
05-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Those who can't discuss things with people without acting like a spoiled little 2nd grader should spend their time elsewhere. Like in timeout or something.

can you talk about the difference between climate and weather or are you only capable of sophomoric insults?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 05:43 AM

and thise whoi walk in lockstep with Al Gore and the global warming kooks will run down the thread, and pretend we are to dumb to understand the nyth of global warming

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 05:44 AM
can you talk about the difference between climate and weather or are you only capable of sophomoric insults?

You are the one who acted like a typical arogant self centered liberal - which of course - you are

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 05:45 AM
You are the one who acted like a typical arogant self centered liberal - which of course - you are

31,000 scientists signed a petition saying global warming does not exist - but you and Al know more then they do. :rolleyes:

PostmodernProphet
05-24-2008, 05:47 AM

tell me something, Maine....we know from the study of ice core samples that the temperatures of the globe are cyclical.....we also know that we are nearing that point of the cycle which would be the peak of "warm"......at some point in the relatively near future we may begin our plunge to the ice age, or it may get slightly warmer before that happens......(by relatively near future, I mean somewhere in the next couple thousand years)......

we also know that when you look at records of the last few hundred years it has gotten warmer......and if you look at records of the last ten years, it has gotten colder......

now, given all that, why is YOUR prediction of the next thousand years any more accurate than some one else's?........

does the record of the last ten years show the warming trend is over?....no......does the record of the last hundred years show the warming trend is going to continue?......no......but, does the record of the last 450,000 years show that we are near the turning point?......yes.......

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 05:55 AM
tell me something, Maine....we know from the study of ice core samples that the temperatures of the globe are cyclical.....we also know that we are nearing that point of the cycle which would be the peak of "warm"......at some point in the relatively near future we may begin our plunge to the ice age, or it may get slightly warmer before that happens......(by relatively near future, I mean somewhere in the next couple thousand years)......

we also know that when you look at records of the last few hundred years it has gotten warmer......and if you look at records of the last ten years, it has gotten colder......

now, given all that, why is YOUR prediction of the next thousand years any more accurate than some one else's?........

does the record of the last ten years show the warming trend is over?....no......does the record of the last hundred years show the warming trend is going to continue?......no......but, does the record of the last 450,000 years show that we are near the turning point?......yes.......

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Great post

Classact
05-24-2008, 06:31 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Great postYes, it makes me wonder why they didn't just wait?

The first expedition to Greenland was mounted in 1977. It failed, as did several more. Not until 1992 was the P-38 found--buried under 260 feet of ice. They had to melt it, and cut the plane up to pull it out.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceandsociety/2007/06/glacier-girl.html

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Yes, it makes me wonder why they didn't just wait?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceandsociety/2007/06/glacier-girl.html

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FXS95q63go0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FXS95q63go0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yurt
05-24-2008, 10:32 AM

true, those who can't debate but only come to this or any thread and cut a quick insult should keep quiet. people like that feel superior intellectually by running into a thread and quickly yelling:

you're wrong stupidhead, i'm right

and then that is all the 'proof' offered. obviously such people have nothing of value to offer to anyone.

the natural global tempature changes science has never been disproven. i find it intellectually dishonest for those who follow al snore to, on the one hand say....we are coming out of our last ice age....ice ages are cyclical....

retiredman
05-24-2008, 12:26 PM
31,000 scientists signed a petition saying global warming does not exist - but you and Al know more then they do.

so...do you think they make up the vast majority of scientists and climatologists studying the issue?

82Marine89
05-24-2008, 12:34 PM
so...do you think they make up the vast majority of scientists and climatologists studying the issue?

Enlighten us with you vast wealth of knowledge on this subject. How many are there studying this issue?

retiredman
05-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Enlighten us with you vast wealth of knowledge on this subject. How many are there studying this issue?

I asked a question. do you have a problem with that?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Well Mr Liberal Know It All, it points out how the debate is not over - as many of the idiots who buy this global warming crap like to scream

82Marine89
05-24-2008, 12:38 PM
I asked a question. do you have a problem with that?

So did I. Answer it.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 12:42 PM
So did I. Answer it.

MFM is checking to see where Obama stands on the issue, and that will be his position as well

retiredman
05-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Well Mr Liberal Know It All, it points out how the debate is not over - as many of the idiots who buy this global warming crap like to scream

I have never said that the debate was over. You make it sound as if the proponents of global warming have been overwhelmed by a tidal wave of scientists discounting it and there is no one but Al Gore left believing in it. I only asked if you thought that the 31K scientists represented the majority of the scientific community worldwide who are studying the problem.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 12:47 PM
MFM is checking to see where Obama stands on the issue, and that will be his position as well

why do you feel compelled to insult all the time?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 12:48 PM
why do you feel compelled to insult all the time?

Because you are a piece of shit

Any other questions?

82Marine89
05-24-2008, 12:52 PM

Puss boy asked a question in such a way that it appeared he had the answer. Since he doesn't, he nows appears to be more of a liberal shitbag than before.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Puss boy asked a question in such a way that it appeared he had the answer. Since he doesn't, he nows appears to be more of a liberal shitbag than before.

Most arrogant people like MFM talk a great game. They brag how they are so informed, and so smart. Then when it is time to belly up to the bar they just belly up

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Because you are a piece of shit

Any other questions?

do you ever intend to discuss this thread's subject with me or not?

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I have never said that the debate was over. You make it sound as if the proponents of global warming have been overwhelmed by a tidal wave of scientists discounting it and there is no one but Al Gore left believing in it. I only asked if you thought that the 31K scientists represented the majority of the scientific community worldwide who are studying the problem.

any reply to this, for example?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:04 PM
do you ever intend to discuss this thread's subject with me or not?

I have read enough of your vile and hate filled rants to know all about you

You make me want to puke you piece of crap

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:05 PM
any reply to this, for example?

NO but Al Gore and the liberal media have said the debate is over. You beter fall in line with the liberal talking points or they will come after you

82Marine89
05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I have read enough of your vile and hate filled rants to know all about you

You make me want to puke you piece of crap

Apparently puss boy won't respond to me now. *pats own back for job well done* Maybe the ignorant has me on ignore.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Apparently puss boy won't respond to me now. *pats own back for job well done* Maybe the ignorant has me on ignore.

No great loss in not geting a reply from MFM. You are saving the Earth from how much CO2 and hot air being pumped into the atmosphere?

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Global warming is real, the IPCC was right. However, due to some weird weather, the predictions are being delayed, but not to worry, it will happen:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/04/30/eaclimate130.xml

Global warming may 'stop', scientists predict

By Charles Clover, Environment Editor
Last Updated: 6:01pm BST 30/04/2008

Global warming will stop until at least 2015 because of natural variations in the climate, scientists have said.

Researchers studying long-term changes in sea temperatures said they now expect a "lull" for up to a decade while natural variations in climate cancel out the increases caused by man-made greenhouse gas emissions.

Global warming may stop, scientists predict The study predicts the IPCC's 0.3ºC temperature rise for the next decade may not happen
Melting icebergs: The study predicts the IPCC's 0.3ºC temperature rise for the next decade may not happen

The average temperature of the sea around Europe and North America is expected to cool slightly over the decade while the tropical Pacific remains unchanged.

This would mean that the 0.3°C global average temperature rise which has been predicted for the next decade by the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change may not happen, according to the paper published in the scientific journal Nature.

However, the effect of rising fossil fuel emissions will mean that warming will accelerate again after 2015 when natural trends in the oceans veer back towards warming, according to the computer model....

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:19 PM
SLG:

it seems to me that you really have no desire to debate this, or any other issue, but would prefer to just dump on libs and dems unabated, much like your alterego.

is that really fun when you refuse to actually exchange ideas with anyone who disagrees with you?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:22 PM
SLG:

it seems to me that you really have no desire to debate this, or any other issue, but would prefer to just dump on libs and dems unabated, much like your alterego.

is that really fun when you refuse to actually exchange ideas with anyone who disagrees with you?

I am a Democrat shithead. And having you in my party is very embarassing

I once respected my party leaders, but now they are doing nothing to solve problems - you continue to kiss their ass out of party loyality

What have they accomplished in the last 2 years?

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I am a Democrat shithead. And having you in my party is very embarassing

I once respected my party leaders, but now they are doing nothing to solve problems - you continue to kiss their ass out of party loyality

What have they accomplished in the last 2 years?

could you tell me the last democrat you voted for for national office?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:48 PM
could you tell me the last democrat you voted for for national office?

Gore in 2000

and my poarty that screamed to count every vote is now telling FL voters to fuck off so they can give the noimination to Obama

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Gore in 2000

and my poarty that screamed to count every vote is now telling FL voters to fuck off so they can give the noimination to Obama

Why would you vote for Gore when the platform he ran on is essentially the same one that Kerry ran on and that Obama will run on?

And I am confident that Florida's delegation will be seated at the convention.

again.... what planks of the democratic platform that Gore ran on and Clinton ran on and Dukakis ran on and Mondale ran on and Carter ran on have you EVER supported?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Why would you vote for Gore when the platform he ran on is essentially the same one that Kerry ran on and that Obama will run on?

And I am confident that Florida's delegation will be seated at the convention.

again.... what planks of the democratic platform that Gore ran on and Clinton ran on and Dukakis ran on and Mondale ran on and Carter ran on have you EVER supported?

It was before I had my eyes opened and saw how rotten those polices were for the country

Watching my party tuck their tales between their legs and want to surender to terrorists was the last straw

retiredman
05-24-2008, 03:11 PM
It was before I had my eyes opened and saw how rotten those polices were for the country

Watching my party tuck their tales between their legs and want to surender to terrorists was the last straw

so you are no longer a democrat?

Can you tell me what parts of the democratic platform you EVER supported?
healthcare? tax reform? strong support for labor unions? social safety net? anything?

Silver
05-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Smart people don't vote for party platforms..
Why..because smart people have watched both party's ignore their platforms because changing times demand decisions that can't be conceived of 2 or 3 or 4 years in the past....SMART people vote for leaders that will do what is right, as opposed to what conforms to party doctrine....
A profound difference between R's and D's.....

ranger
05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Smart people don't vote for party platforms..
Why..because smart people have watched both party's ignore their platforms because changing times demand decisions that can't be conceived of 2 or 3 or 4 years in the past....SMART people vote for leaders that will do what is right, as opposed to what conforms to party doctrine....
A profound difference between R's and D's.....

Exactly! Is Obama the type that will do what is right at the time, even if the polls tell him not to? I don't think so. George Bush did what he thought was right and time will tell if his decision was the correct one. I think John McCain will do the same, although with his recent penchant for pandering I am starting to wonder.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Exactly! Is Obama the type that will do what is right at the time, even if the polls tell him not to? I don't think so. George Bush did what he thought was right and time will tell if his decision was the correct one. I think John McCain will do the same, although with his recent penchant for pandering I am starting to wonder.

You have to start from somewhere. You have to approach the middle from some direction. I prefer a president that approaches the middle from the left, as opposed to one who does so from the right...if for no other reason than I think that Stevens and Ginsberg retiring and being replaced by two Alito/Thomas/Scalia/Roberts clones will be disasterous for America for decades to come.

82Marine89
05-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey puss boy stop with the PM's and address me publicly.

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 06:04 AM
You have to start from somewhere. You have to approach the middle from some direction. I prefer a president that approaches the middle from the left, as opposed to one who does so from the right...if for no other reason than I think that Stevens and Ginsberg retiring and being replaced by two Alito/Thomas/Scalia/Roberts clones will be disasterous for America for decades to come.

Why would Alito/Thomas/Scalia/Roberts by bad? Becasuse they rulke on what is in the US COnstitution and not make shit up like liberal Judges do?

Because Alito/Thomas/Scalia/Roberts do not make law from the bench as liberal Judges do?

Yurt
05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey puss boy stop with the PM's and address me publicly.

yeah, he does that. talks shit, then pm's you with hopes of a truce only to turn around and screw you. then when you don't take his crap anymore, his will probably complain to the mods about how you are harassing him after he sends you a nasty pm and then he might say....do not respond to my nasty email.....and if you do i will report you. stranger things have happened....

i find it humerous how global warming idiots rely on logical fallacies by continually asking whether the number of scientist who believe in global warming are greater than the number of those who do not. only an idiot would ask such a question in order to prove that the greater number must be right.

but such a fool knows they are a fool, and relishes in being a fool because they like sounding smart and know that in fact they are not, so they fiendishly provoke others in order to get under their skin and thus, become superior.

Gaffer
05-25-2008, 05:28 PM
The global warming supporters want to impress us with numbers because they think a majority wins. They actually believe climatology works like a democracy. The more people that say it the more right it is.

Yurt
05-25-2008, 06:01 PM
The global warming supporters want to impress us with numbers because they think a majority wins. They actually believe climatology works like a democracy. The more people that say it the more right it is.

the same people that believe america is a true democracy and not a republic.... duck, duck, goose, if they say duck enough, they believe the goose will lay the golden egg....erm.....contributions

retiredman
05-25-2008, 07:09 PM
The global warming supporters want to impress us with numbers because they think a majority wins.

oh really?

31,000 scientists signed a petition saying global warming does not exist

semi liberal girl
05-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Another article showing how off the forcasters have been

Unlike Global Warming Alarmists, Hurricane Forecasters Now Deliberately Vague
By P.J. Gladnick | May 24, 2008 - 09:14 ET

In stark contrast to the global warming alarmists, hurricane forecasters have now become almost comically vague in their forecasts. The problem for the hurricane forecasters is that their predictions can be checked for accuracy just months after the initial forecast. While global warming alarmists feel free to predict disaster years into the future, hurricane forecasters are now forced to be very very cautious, especially in light of their highly inaccurate 2006 hurricane season predictions.

On the heels of the very active 2005 hurricane season which many blamed on global warming, forecasters didn't even wait for 2006 to begin before issuing a forecast in early December 2005 which predicted a very active hurricane season:

Just days after the official close of the busiest Atlantic hurricane season on record and with one hurricane still churning in the Atlantic, the first 2006 forecast is out already. To the surprise of no one it predicts an active season.

The 2006 forecast calls for:

17 named tropical storms; an average season has 9.6.
9 hurricanes compared to the average of 5.9.
5 major hurricanes with winds exceeding 110 mph; average is 2.3.

The reality? Here is the description of the rather lame 2006 hurricane season in Wikipedia which was something of a disappointment to many in the media who eagerly accepted the "inevitability" of global warming causing worse hurricane seasons in the future:

The 2006 Atlantic hurricane season was a fairly inactive Atlantic hurricane season compared to the 2005 season. It was also unusual in that no hurricanes made landfall in the United States of America, something which had not happened since 2001.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/05/24/unlike-global-warming-alarmists-hurricane-forecasters-now-deliberately

Yurt
05-26-2008, 07:34 PM
i'm dying here in this global warming.... 59 degrees, dying of heat i tell you...

boca burgers give you farts btw

MtnBiker
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
boca burgers give you farts btw

Oh great, methane gas, boca burgers cause global warming!