PDA

View Full Version : Hillary evokes RFK assassination in SD

gabosaurus
05-23-2008, 05:47 PM
"Why should I drop out? Remember back in 1968? Robert Kennedy was the front runner. We all know what happened to him. Heh heh..."

Nice going, Hillary. We all know about the success that Slick Willy has in getting annoying people rubbed out.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080523/UPDATES/80523037

manu1959
05-23-2008, 06:13 PM
i told ya.......

Dilloduck
05-23-2008, 06:17 PM
i told ya.......

must have been around 2 months ago you and I discussed this very subject, eh Manu ? :laugh2:

Trigg
05-23-2008, 06:25 PM
"Why should I drop out? Remember back in 1968? Robert Kennedy was the front runner. We all know what happened to him. Heh heh..."

Nice going, Hillary. We all know about the success that Slick Willy has in getting annoying people rubbed out.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080523/UPDATES/80523037

As much as I don't like the woman I don't think she was wishing an Obama assassination.

She IMO was merely stating that her husband didn't secure the nomination until June and that anything can happen and the media should stop wishing her departure.

Honestly!! The media picked Obama from the beginning and slammed everyone else. They wanted Hillary to drop out after Iowa and have been singing her demise every since. Let the woman run!!

Nuc
05-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Saying that she won't drop out of the race, in case Obama might get assassinated, is the lowest in a long history of low comments and behavior from this particular piece of white trash.

I interpret her statement as saying, in effect, "Sure I am out of the running, but there is one way I can prevail. Maybe one of my followers is willing to help me out with this one? Go for it!"

Even if you think your opponent might be assassinated you DON'T SAY IT.

It's a fact that Tiger Woods has heavy bodyguard presence because he is the focus of a lot of racist death threats. But if a journalist asks Phil Mickelson, "Tiger is ahead by 6 strokes, what do you think of your chances?" he doesn't say, "Hey maybe someone will kill him!"

Hillary should not only drop out of the race, but should go into seclusion for the rest of her life and do penance. I guess this blows any chance of a unified ticket and means the Democrats are headed for another self inflicted defeat.

82Marine89
05-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Clinton regrets RFK assassination remark

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton quickly apologized Friday after citing the June 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in defending her decision to keep running for the Democratic presidential nomination despite increasingly long odds.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said.

The episode occurred as Clinton campaigned in advance of the June 3 South Dakota primary.

Responding to a question from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader editorial board about calls for her to drop out of the race, she said: "My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. You know I just, I don't understand it," she said, dismissing the idea of abandoning the race.

Click for full text... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080523/ap_on_el_pr/clinton)

Trigg
05-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Hillary should not only drop out of the race, but should go into seclusion for the rest of her life and do penance. I guess this blows any chance of a unified ticket and means the Democrats are headed for another self inflicted defeat.

Oh come on!

She was only saying that the media should stop trying to get her to drop out since Bill didn't secure the nomination until June and shit happens.

I can't stand the woman and even I don't think this was wishfull thinking on her part.

Kathianne
05-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Saying that she won't drop out of the race, in case Obama might get assassinated, is the lowest in a long history of low comments and behavior from this particular piece of white trash.

I interpret her statement as saying, in effect, "Sure I am out of the running, but there is one way I can prevail. Maybe one of my followers is willing to help me out with this one? Go for it!"

Even if you think your opponent might be assassinated you DON'T SAY IT.

It's a fact that Tiger Woods has heavy bodyguard presence because he is the focus of a lot of racist death threats. But if a journalist asks Phil Mickelson, "Tiger is ahead by 6 strokes, what do you think of your chances?" he doesn't say, "Hey maybe someone will kill him!"

Now we have one of the first excuses in advance for McCain being elected.

Nuc
05-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh come on!

She was only saying that the media should stop trying to get her to drop out since Bill didn't secure the nomination until June and shit happens.

I can't stand the woman and even I don't think this was wishfull thinking on her part.

Absurd. Her original premise is also wrong. If she dropped out of the race 2 weeks ago and then Obama is assassinated, where does that leave the Dems? With no candidate? No. Obviously she would still have the most delegates of any living candidate and get the nomination. So she doesn't have to stay in the race to get the nomination in that event.

It was a call for one of her followers to assassinate Obama.

Nuc
05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Now we have one of the first excuses in advance for McCain being elected.

Not an excuse, an explanation.

Dems deserve to lose after the slimy race they've run.

05-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I think this is being taken way out of context. She wasnt saying kill Obama. She was saying that there is still tons of campaign time left and anything can happen. She cited several nomination processes going to june.

Abbey Marie
05-23-2008, 08:51 PM
I think this is being taken way out of context. She wasnt saying kill Obama. She was saying that there is still tons of campaign time left and anything can happen. She cited several nomination processes going to june.

That's how I see it, too.

retiredman
05-23-2008, 08:55 PM

as do I

Silver
05-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Its nice to see the media treat her a little like the Repubs have been treated by the liberal media, 24/7 for 7 years now;.....there in the tank for Obama....

She probably love the spin and biased shit before when it wasn't aimed at her...

Dilloduck
05-23-2008, 10:49 PM

As do I yet someone with the political skills that she has should know full well this was an idiotic thing to say. Far more of a suicidal statement than a homicidal one. Certainly not something a pro like her would allow to come out of her mouth.

Nuc
05-23-2008, 11:07 PM
As do I yet someone with the political skills that she has should know full well this was an idiotic thing to say. Far more of a suicidal statement than a homicidal one. Certainly not something a pro like her would allow to come out of her mouth.

Except that this is not an off the cuff gaffe, she mentioned the same thing before in March in an interview with Time. Whether she consciously wants him to be assassinated or it's just a repeated Freudian slip doesn't matter. She is obviously dwelling on the subject.

I think we all realize there's a high chance of any president being assassinated which is magnified by racism in Obama's case. However most of us would not voice this in the hopes that America is better than that. Hillary on the other hand looks upon the possibility as something that could work for her personal benefit in securing her the nomination.

Sure Dillo, it was idiotic. Also mean spirited. I don't want anyone that stupid in the White House.

Dilloduck
05-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Except that this is not an off the cuff gaffe, she mentioned the same thing before in March in an interview with Time. Whether she consciously wants him to be assassinated or it's just a repeated Freudian slip doesn't matter. She is obviously dwelling on the subject.

I think we all realize there's a high chance of any president being assassinated which is magnified by racism in Obama's case. However most of us would not voice this in the hopes that America is better than that. Hillary on the other hand looks upon the possibility as something that could work for her personal benefit in securing her the nomination.

Sure Dillo, it was idiotic. Also mean spirited. I don't want anyone that stupid in the White House.

Sorry--we don't let any smart ones run for office. :laugh2:

manu1959
05-23-2008, 11:11 PM

funny thing.....obama is a white liberal, raised by white liberals living allhis formative years outside of america......his skin happens not to be white..... black.....

Nuc
05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Now that Hillary rang this bell it can't be un-rung.

So......if Obama is assassinated before the Democratic Convention (as she speculates) or even after he's elected President (possibly with Shrillary as VP) how will she be able to say her statement had nothing to do with it?

This is about the dumbest thing any candidate has ever said in any election.

This came directly from the horses mouth, not just guilt by association as with the Wright nonsense. Nobody forced Hillary to bring up such a tasteless topic.

05-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Honestly, with all the death that surrounds the Clintons, I think if she wanted him dead, he would be dead. I don't think this is a call for people to assassinate him.

However, I can see why a devious power monger such has Hillary would consider that. Have someone take him out, she gets the nomination and blames the right for his assassination. The media goes along with it. Get everyone emotionally entrenched with her and use his death to get what she wants done in "his name"

Scary thought to think that major candidates might resort to this....

mundame
05-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Now that Hillary rang this bell it can't be un-rung.

So......if Obama is assassinated before the Democratic Convention (as she speculates) or even after he's elected President (possibly with Shrillary as VP) how will she be able to say her statement had nothing to do with it?

This is about the dumbest thing any candidate has ever said in any election.

This came directly from the horses mouth, not just guilt by association as with the Wright nonsense. Nobody forced Hillary to bring up such a tasteless topic.

At first I thought she should get to discuss well-known matters of history: after all, I have speculated on two forums that the several political assassinations of the '60s is a GOOD reason to stay in the race.

But then I realized that if I were running, I wouldn't say it: because it wouldn't be polite. It does look like she's hoping, or at least cheerfully accepting the possibility that Obama will be assassinated. One of the commentators at the Washington Post says never mind the nomination, Hillary needs to worry about her SOUL!

And yes: if he DOES get assassinated, of course she'll be suspected of arranging it now that she's said it. A few people would think that anyway, but now..................

If he's shot people will at least suspect she put it in some crazy's mini-mind.

There are some things you Just Don't Say in a political campaign; Michelle Obama's discussion of toilet seats being up or down was one, and Hillary's all-too-open hope that someone shoots Obama was another.

As Henry II said,
"Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?"