PDA

View Full Version : CBS Makes Fun of McCain's War Injury

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 06:04 AM
It is clear the liberal media is in the tanlk for Obama, and it is becoming clear they will stop at nothing to slime Sen McCain - no mater what the subject is

Now the injurioes he took as a POW are fair game to them

It is disgusting

CBS: 'Substance Abuse'? People Think McCain's War Injuries 'Funny'?
By Brent Baker | May 23, 2008 - 21:16 ET

The night after ABC's World News raised the possibility John McCain's POW ordeal caused “psychological damage,” on Friday's CBS Evening News Dr. Sanjay Gupta thought it noteworthy that the release of McCain's medical records ignored the Senator's “mental health,” any “mention of post-traumatic stress disorder” or of “substance abuse.” Oddly, Dr. Jon LaPook asserted that “people” notice McCain is “not able to raise his arm” and think “'doesn't that look funny?'” Who thinks McCain's limitation, caused by an attack on him after his plane crashed in North Vietnam and he was denied medical care, looks funny? In what circles does CBS's doctor travel?

From Fountain Hills, Arizona, CNN's Gupta, identified by Katie Couric as “a CBS News contributor” and on-screen as “contributing medical correspondent,“ marveled:

What I didn't see I thought was interesting, as well. There was hardly any mention of his mental health. There was no mention of depression. You know, this is man who had two admittedly weak suicide attempts when he was a prisoner of war. There was no mention of post-traumatic stress disorder or anything that may have been asked, or substance abuse, none of that was even mentioned.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/05/23/cbs-substance-abuse-people-think-mccains-war-injuries-funny

dread
05-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I had more respect for Dr Sanjay Gupta.....Not anymore.

ranger
05-24-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't have any respect for any of these media clowns. I'mto the point now where I get my news from the internet because watching the news these days is like watching a promo for Obama or a travelling circus.

namvet
05-24-2008, 11:17 AM
what took em so long????

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't have any respect for any of these media clowns. I'mto the point now where I get my news from the internet because watching the news these days is like watching a promo for Obama or a travelling circus.

That's all it is... except for Fox News, all the other channels are nothing more than a 24/7 pep rally for bambam. It's so obvious it's pathetic. But do you think they care if you know what they're doing? Fuck no, because all the empty headed liberals, drop outs, welfare queens and quota low lifes drink it all up without ever knowing they're being brain washed.

namvet
05-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Liberals want to know why he can't raise his arms above his shoulders. and whats with those teeth????? :lol:

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 12:40 PM
That's all it is... except for Fox News, all the other channels are nothing more than a 24/7 pep rally for bambam. It's so obvious it's pathetic. But do you think they care if you know what they're doing? Fuck no, because all the empty headed liberals, drop outs, welfare queens and quota low lifes drink it all up without ever knowing they're being brain washed.

MSNBC is the worst. With Matthews leading the way, they are constanly lying about and smearing McCain - while in full spin and defense mode for Obama

Now even war injuries are subject to attack - and ridicule

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 12:58 PM
MSNBC is the worst. With Matthews leading the way, they are constanly lying about and smearing McCain - while in full spin and defense mode for Obama

Now even war injuries are subject to attack - and ridicule

Honestly... REALLY... I don't see how anyone in their right mind can support bambam.

Could ANYONE here that IS supporting him tell us WHY?!

I have to know... I'm going to start a thread for it.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Honestly... REALLY... I don't see how anyone in their right mind can support bambam.

Could ANYONE here that IS supporting him tell us WHY?!

I have to know... I'm going to start a thread for it.

Because Obama represents change and the future, and these people do not things to remain unchanged. So if you believe that Obama believes in everything you believe in - vote for Obama

Is that clear enough fo you? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-24-2008, 01:42 PM
I just returned from a Memorial Day parade and an outdoor service for Vietnam vets. It was very touching, and sure beats the heck out of listening to these media clowns belittling McCain's extraordinary service. I simply cannot watch the traditional networks; haven't for years.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:44 PM
I just returned from a Memorial Day parade and an outdoor service for Vietnam vets. It was very touching, and sure beats the heck out of listening to these media clowns belittling McCain's extraordianry service. I simply cannot watch the traditional networks; haven't for years.

You are not mising anything Kathiane except a headache

Abbey Marie
05-24-2008, 01:58 PM
You are not mising anything Kathiane except a headache

Thanks, but I'm not Kathianne; I'm Abbey. :)

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks, but I'm not Kathianne; I'm Abbey. :)

I'm sorry. Trying to post in between customers

Abbey Marie
05-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry. Trying to post in between customers

No problem, SLG. :salute:

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:05 PM
No problem, SLG. :salute:

I have several clients under the hairdryer and I am going to fast

Thanks Abbey - have a great day

emmett
05-24-2008, 02:32 PM
It is clear the liberal media is in the tanlk for Obama, and it is becoming clear they will stop at nothing to slime Sen McCain - no mater what the subject is

Now the injurioes he took as a POW are fair game to them

It is disgusting

CBS: 'Substance Abuse'? People Think McCain's War Injuries 'Funny'?
By Brent Baker | May 23, 2008 - 21:16 ET

The night after ABC's World News raised the possibility John McCain's POW ordeal caused “psychological damage,” on Friday's CBS Evening News Dr. Sanjay Gupta thought it noteworthy that the release of McCain's medical records ignored the Senator's “mental health,” any “mention of post-traumatic stress disorder” or of “substance abuse.” Oddly, Dr. Jon LaPook asserted that “people” notice McCain is “not able to raise his arm” and think “'doesn't that look funny?'” Who thinks McCain's limitation, caused by an attack on him after his plane crashed in North Vietnam and he was denied medical care, looks funny? In what circles does CBS's doctor travel?

From Fountain Hills, Arizona, CNN's Gupta, identified by Katie Couric as “a CBS News contributor” and on-screen as “contributing medical correspondent,“ marveled:

What I didn't see I thought was interesting, as well. There was hardly any mention of his mental health. There was no mention of depression. You know, this is man who had two admittedly weak suicide attempts when he was a prisoner of war. There was no mention of post-traumatic stress disorder or anything that may have been asked, or substance abuse, none of that was even mentioned.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/05/23/cbs-substance-abuse-people-think-mccains-war-injuries-funny

Well, this explains it. It's quite simpple really. Anyone who has ever been a POW should have no right to be president. Furthermore we could save millions of tax dollars, personal time, ad time on TV and the hassle of the election process by just lettong Mr. Gupta and a few of his pals get together on their off time and choose the president.

John McCain has paid dues for and to this country that the average American could not begin to understand. Not only was his arm broken but his leg was broken many times. An operation he recieved while a POW was boggled intentionally, ligaments were cut and tied to wrong locations simply to torture and he was beaten sometimes daily for months at a time. Just imagine, everybody, for just a minute how long you would endure such treatment. Go ahead you heros and tell us all how you wouldn't ever break or how damn tough you are. John McCain was an American Fighting Soldier in a POW camp. He resisted to his last effort and THAT is MORE than we can be expected to do. I would only hope that if I was taken prisoner that I could manage a fraction of the resistance or hold half the standard he was able to.

I anxiouslt await the press' responses to his ad's when they begin to air. I can't wait to hear that little chicken shit's response to any question relating to leadership ability in comparison betweeen the two candidates.

Barack Obama has already displayed in my opinion an attitude conducive with a coward. Anyone who does openly say that America is the greatest country on earth and sets the standard for a world of Democracy (and every member of their family agrees), cannot lead that country. There is no comparison between he and John McCain.

The press getting started on their bandwagon of insulting him for his handicapped physical disposition is going to finally expose these shits for what they are. Even the lefties will read this writing. I didn't see any of them making fun of the Honorable Max Cleland (former Senator from Georgia, a democrat, Secretary of State of Ga and distinguished war hero) when it was obvious that he could not stand.

Personally my political reasoning dosen't overlap my sense of respect for these wonderful men. I agreed very little with Max's politics however I love and respect him so much for his contribution as a soldier that if were to run for President against someone with NO military experience I would vote for him because I openly admit that dues paid like this earn a fellow a chance regardless.

Mr. Gupta..............:fu::finger3::fu::finger3::fu:: finger3::fu::finger3::fu:

And additionally...............:pee: U 2

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:39 PM
The liberal media is clearly in the tank for Obama

The coverage will get much worse as we get closer to November. People like Matthews, Gupta, and Couric no longer try to hide their bias

They are consumed with having a Dem in the WH, and they do not care how they help Obama make it

emmett
05-24-2008, 02:51 PM
And furthermore.......

I was not necessarily a JM supporter and tended to lean in the direction of a more conservative candidate (Fred Thompson, IF I VOTED REPUBLICAN. Which I do not!) as my favorite of the Repub's. As you all know I will vote Libertarian so many of you may not consider my opinion to matter and that is OK. Flip on the next thread then.

John McCain may get my vote though even though I disagree with a good bit of his politics and history as a voting Senator. I just sit here on a weekend like this imagining the contribution that has been made by so many people to ensure that I can sit and type opinions openly on a forum such as this. My right to come and go as I please and aspire to do what I like. I can go anywhere, do anything that does not infringe on another's right to do the same and if I want to quit what I am doing and start all over, I can do that too. I can, sit upright in my EZ chair after a snooze and go get in my truck and go trout fishing if I like. There are precious liberties. Precious!!!!!

PEOPLE DIED! THEY GAVE THE ONLY LIFE THEY WOULD EVER HAVE......so that I, me, Emmett could live as comfortably as I do. They laid in battlefields, bleeding in pain, screaming, wishing that their moment of passing would come so thjeir sacrifice could be com[plete. Imagine the only aspiration you have in life which would be only seconds from that exact moment would be to live in agonizing pain and then die for your country.

Anyone who has made this kind of sacrifice and lived should be allowed to live among us and never be criticized, despite their shortcomings, for ANY reason WHAT SO EVER!!!!

Anyone who does not clearly understand this has in my opinion a serious problem that will be not be repaired by low gas prices, a better economy or
a better understanding of Global Warming.

I'm done!!!

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I hope McCain picks Mitt as his VP. He will get alot of my clients and firends to vote for him then

It would be the best thing he can do to get Independents and Reagan Dems to leave Obama

manu1959
05-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I hope McCain picks Mitt as his VP. He will get alot of my clients and firends to vote for him then

It would be the best thing he can do to get Independents and Reagan Dems to leave Obama

whoever he picks will get to run against hillary in 12.....

retiredman
05-24-2008, 03:24 PM
whoever he picks will get to run against hillary in 12.....

explain....

are you suggesting that McCain will win in '08 but not run for reelection? or are you suggesting that Hillary will win the nomination and general election this year?

namvet
05-24-2008, 03:33 PM
he came damned close to making it to the wall first. in jul of 67 he almost died on the Forrestal explosion. my ship (and many more) answered the distress call. but they steered us clear for fear she would have detonated.

tzgV5QM5fi8

the Hanoi Hilton is today a tourist attraction................

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/USS_Rupertus%3B025916.jpg

135 were not so lucky

http://safetycenter.navy.mil/MEDIA/images/a-m/Forrestal2sm.jpg

dread
05-24-2008, 05:39 PM
NamVet,

I doubt if our other presidental candidates can say the same. I dont think any of them would have the balls to do what McCain did.

namvet
05-24-2008, 06:40 PM
NamVet,

I doubt if our other presidental candidates can say the same. I dont think any of them would have the balls to do what McCain did.

no i doubt it to. he had a chance to go home and chose to stay. that's a pro. he was not my 1st choice for prez. I am worried about his age. but he's in great shape.

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 08:32 PM
no i doubt it to. he had a chance to go home and chose to stay. that's a pro. he was not my 1st choice for prez. I am worried about his age. but he's in great shape.

He's not my first choice either... or second, or third, or forth, or fifth... you get the idea. But as a service connected disabled veteran myself, I deeply appreciate his military duty. But I disagree with him on too many things. I think he's too close to being a democrat, and flirts too much with the liberals. Every time I hear him say "reach across the isle" I shudder. Well John, then why don't we just GIVE UP and all become LIBERALS? Politics is about fighting for your ideals, your morals, your party. It's not about giving in or giving up, and I'm afraid John is just too liberal for me. But just to add the one deciding reason why I will NOT vote for mccain is, he's all about giving amnesty to the twenty million illegal aliens that are here. I just think that's got to be one of the worst acts of treason a politician can partake in, selling out our countries sovereignty to a bunch of third world, uneducated, non English speaking criminals.

This year, since I left the republican party and registered Independent, I have two people that I am deciding which to vote for, and they are Wayne Root and Ron Paul.

namvet
05-24-2008, 08:58 PM
He's not my first choice either... or second, or third, or forth, or fifth... you get the idea. But as a service connected disabled veteran myself, I deeply appreciate his military duty. But I disagree with him on too many things. I think he's too close to being a democrat, and flirts too much with the liberals. Every time I hear him say "reach across the isle" I shudder. Well John, then why don't we just GIVE UP and all become LIBERALS? Politics is about fighting for your ideals, your morals, your party. It's not about giving in or giving up, and I'm afraid John is just too liberal for me. But just to add the one deciding reason why I will NOT vote for mccain is, he's all about giving amnesty to the twenty million illegal aliens that are here. I just think that's got to be one of the worst acts of treason a politician can partake in, selling out our countries sovereignty to a bunch of third world, uneducated, non English speaking criminals.

This year, since I left the republican party and registered Independent, I have two people that I am deciding which to vote for, and they are Wayne Root and Ron Paul.

well I think its high time we "reach across the isle". this grid lock shit has me so damned mad i just wanna roll up my fist and knock someones lights out. we pay these politicians big $$$ and big benifits to do one thing. solve this country's problems. NOT sit there and stick their toungues out at each other like HS delinquents. and I would applauded any effort to solve this serious problem. and if something isn't done it just gets worse. if we don't unite I don't want to consider the consequences. just an old dude's opinion.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
namvet...

I think that president Obama will surprise you by doing a great deal to "reach across the aisle.

I really do.

I agree with you that the partisan acrimony has poisoned our system and someone needs to unilaterally beat their sword into a plowshare. I honestly think that Obama may very well use the historical significance of his victory to do just that.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 09:20 PM
namvet...

I think that president Obama will surprise you by doing a great deal to "reach across the aisle.

I really do.

I agree with you that the partisan acrimony has poisoned our system and someone needs to unilaterally beat their sword into a plowshare. I honestly think that Obama may very well use the historical significance of his victory to do just that.

What makes you think so? He's got 100% approval rating from the left. He's the most left leaning current Senator.

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 09:29 PM
well I think its high time we "reach across the isle". this grid lock shit has me so damned mad i just wanna roll up my fist and knock someones lights out. we pay these politicians big $$$ and big benifits to do one thing. solve this country's problems. NOT sit there and stick their toungues out at each other like HS delinquents. and I would applauded any effort to solve this serious problem. and if something isn't done it just gets worse. if we don't unite I don't want to consider the consequences. just an old dude's opinion.

I just don't believe it should be the conservatives giving in to the liberals, instead of the liberals giving in to the conservatives, and conservatives giving in the liberals is what you'll get with mccain. That's his track record. Fuck that. Might as well vote for a democrat.

I think the country is on a fast track into the toilet as is. We need a President that will stand up and fight, non stop, for true conservative values, not sell them out. (bush is NOT that guy.)

My two cents.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 10:41 PM
What makes you think so? He's got 100% approval rating from the left. He's the most left leaning current Senator.

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

your thinking is part of the problem and not part of the solution. This isn't a matter of left versus right, it is an opportunity for right instead of wrong.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 10:42 PM
your thinking is part of the problem and not part of the solution. This isn't a matter of left versus right, it is an opportunity for right instead of wrong.

Your take on solution is not what many of us want. It's not just left, but wrong.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Your take on solution is not what many of us want. It's not just left, but wrong.

it isn't MY take that is in question...it is Obama's.

If you don't want him to be president, nominate someone who will energize - and not alienate - the republican base.

And if Obama IS elected, give him a shot at doing the right thing for America - which I KNOW is a pipedream because the right will start attacking him even before his inauguration because to them, party and ideology are more important than country.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 10:48 PM

If you don't want him to be president, nominate someone who will energize - and not alienate - the republican base.

And if Obama IS elected, give him a shot at doing the right thing for America - which I KNOW is a pipedream because the right will start attacking him even before his inauguration because to them, party and ideology are more important than country.

As you would McCain, the most liberal GOP candidate put forth? Why would I give Obama a break?

retiredman
05-24-2008, 10:57 PM
As you would McCain, the most liberal GOP candidate put forth? Why would I give Obama a break?

I happen to LIKE John McCain. We are fellow alumni of the same college. We both had careers in the US Navy. I will definitely give him the benefit of the doubt should he win the election....because I am a patriotic American. You would NOT give Obama a break because political ideology is more important to you than country, it would seem.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 11:01 PM
I happen to LIKE John McCain. We are fellow alumni of the same college. We both had careers in the US Navy. I will definitely give him the benefit of the doubt should he win the election....because I am a patriotic American. You would NOT give Obama a break because political ideology is more important to you than country, it would seem.

You are intellectually a liar, beyond the literal. I'm not the one throwing out the GOP platform, screw that crap. I don't care for Obama because he's way too liberal, may well be corrupted from 20 years in Chicago, and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 11:05 PM
You are intellectually a liar, beyond the literal. I'm not the one throwing out the GOP platform, screw that crap. I don't care for Obama because he's way too liberal, may well be corrupted from 20 years in Chicago, and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

if you could find a lie of mine, you should post it. or retract your slander.

And because you don't "care" fore Obama, you will fight his efforts to heal our country.

why am I not surprised?

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 11:06 PM
if you could find a lie of mine, you should post it. or retract your slander.

And because you don't "care" fore Obama, you will fight his efforts to heal our country.

why am I not surprised?

As one says, yada, yada, yada.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 11:08 PM
As one says, yada, yada, yada.

as one says, don't call me a liar without proof.

to do so is an indication of defective ethics.... and tapdancing away from that is pretty weak.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 11:10 PM
as one says, don't call me a liar without proof.

to do so is an indication of defective ethics.... and tapdancing away from that is pretty weak.

Know what? I'm not going back to pull out the posts. I took way too much time at the moment, which you just f'd with. So I'm comfortable here, a few months later.

Thanks for toughening me up. I thought you were honorable, you proved not. My regret is that I chastised so many for not giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now you have the audacity to say no one criticized those who were 'unfair.' I did, I was wrong, they were right.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Know what? I'm not going back to pull out the posts. I took way too much time at the moment, which you just f'd with. So I'm comfortable here, a few months later.

Thanks for toughening me up. I thought you were honorable, you proved not. My regret is that I chastised so many for not giving you the benefit of the doubt.

you fall in line with the posse way too easily. I am not a liar and have never been one.

I AM honorable, and if you can't see that, it's your problem and not mine.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 11:15 PM
you fall in line with the posse way too easily. I am not a liar and have never been one.

Console yourself with that. How many have you disappointed?

retiredman
05-24-2008, 11:23 PM

I don't keep score. I keep my principles intact and let the chips fall where they may. That I might "disappoint" some members on an overwhelmingly conservative board is not a big surprise to me...NOR is it a "disappointment". I didn't come here for the purpose of making friends, although I had thought that you and I had transcended our political differences, I came here to talk issues. That has not changed, not will it regardless of how many neg reps I get from the posse.

It is really quite telling that, when I made a conscious decision to NOT insult people regardless of what they said to me, THEN, and only then did the avalanche of neg reps from the posse push me into negative numbers. My reputation would have been better served had I continued my junkyard dog attitude. Climb onto the high ground and the posse eats me alive. classic.

Abbey Marie
05-24-2008, 11:49 PM

If we do, it will be because you Dems set the bar lower than the gutter in your treatment of President Bush.

retiredman
05-25-2008, 12:00 AM
If we do, it will be because you Dems set the bar lower than the gutter in your treatment of President Bush.

I was fully supportive of president Bush until he invaded Iraq. He has earned my my poor opinion of him. I am sure that you won't give Obama any such grace period.

stephanie
05-25-2008, 12:04 AM

you mean like your party did with President Bush?

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 06:16 AM

You are a liar, and more amd more people are starting to see it

Yoiu are without honor, without credibiulity, and without integerty

You are reaping what you have sowed

Joe Steel
05-25-2008, 06:32 AM
I just returned from a Memorial Day parade and an outdoor service for Vietnam vets. It was very touching, and sure beats the heck out of listening to these media clowns belittling McCain's extraordinary service. I simply cannot watch the traditional networks; haven't for years.

Extraordinary service?

He was captured and harshly interrogated in a stress position.

What's extraordinary about that? It's the same thing the US is doing to the prisoners it captures.

Abbey Marie
05-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Extraordinary service?

What's extraordinary about that? It's the same thing the US is doing to the prisoners it captures.

Yet another post that shows you to be either a liar or a fool. Either way, certainly not worth my time.

ranger
05-25-2008, 09:52 AM

Kathi

The ignore button works well for his drivel.

ranger
05-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Extraordinary service?

Oh please? You're comparing a little loud music and sleep deprivation to the beating and starvation in Vietnam. You've either been smoking too much crack (paid for by your food stamps, I'm sure) or you're currently residing in some mental institution and you've managed to undo the straightjacket long enough to type some stupid shit.

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Is Joe the son of MFM?

Gaffer
05-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Extraordinary service?

McCain was tortured by your kind joe, you know, communists. Of course, to you, the only people that deserve human rights are you and your fellow bolsheviks. But keep up the good work stalin would be proud.

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 10:24 AM
McCain was tortured by your kind joe, you know, communists. Of course, to you, the only people that deserve human rights are you and your fellow bolsheviks. But keep up the good work stalin would be proud.

I never hear idiots like Joe screaming for the rights of members of the US military. Only the rights of terrorists

I hear outrage from the like of Joe when a terrorist is killed, but silence when one of ours is beheaded and the video shown

Tells you alot about what is important to Joe and his ilk

Joe Steel
05-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Yet another post that shows you to be either a liar or a fool. Either way, certainly not worth my time.

Americans are torturing prisoners. Why is it OK for them and not for the Vietnamese?

Joe Steel
05-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh please? You're comparing a little loud music and sleep deprivation to the beating and starvation in Vietnam. You've either been smoking too much crack (paid for by your food stamps, I'm sure) or you're currently residing in some mental institution and you've managed to undo the straightjacket long enough to type some stupid shit.

"Stress positions" and water-boarding are not "a little loud music and sleep deprivation." Neither are attacks by vicious dogs and electrodes wired to body parts.

jimnyc
05-26-2008, 07:43 AM
"Stress positions" and water-boarding are not "a little loud music and sleep deprivation." Neither are attacks by vicious dogs and electrodes wired to body parts.

I wish someone would do that to you. In fact, I would contribute to see it happen if it were possible.