PDA

View Full Version : 'Extraordinary heroism' Soldier posthumusly awarded the Medal of Honor.

82Marine89
05-24-2008, 12:37 PM
*HAND SALUTE!*

http://www.thederrick.com/strimg/mcginnis.jpg

Knox hometown hero Spc. Ross A. McGinnis will posthumously receive the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military honor, during a private White House ceremony Monday, June 2.

The White House formally issued the announcement Friday.

McGinnis "distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism," White House deputy press secretary Tony Fratto said.

U.S. Congressman John Peterson (R-5th) said in a statement Friday "It is with deep gratitude and sorrow that I recognize the selfless act Ross McGinnis performed on Dec. 4, 2006."

"This young man, just 19 years old, was a soldier's soldier who enlisted in the Army to fight for causes larger than any individual - freedom and liberty. Ross gave his life to save the lives of his fellow soldiers - an act nothing short of heroic," Peterson's statement said.

Click for full story of this American hero... (http://www.thederrick.com/stories/05242008-6002.shtml)

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 12:46 PM
*HAND SALUTE!*

http://www.thederrick.com/strimg/mcginnis.jpg

Knox hometown hero Spc. Ross A. McGinnis will posthumously receive the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military honor, during a private White House ceremony Monday, June 2.

The White House formally issued the announcement Friday.

McGinnis "distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism," White House deputy press secretary Tony Fratto said.

U.S. Congressman John Peterson (R-5th) said in a statement Friday "It is with deep gratitude and sorrow that I recognize the selfless act Ross McGinnis performed on Dec. 4, 2006."

"This young man, just 19 years old, was a soldier's soldier who enlisted in the Army to fight for causes larger than any individual - freedom and liberty. Ross gave his life to save the lives of his fellow soldiers - an act nothing short of heroic," Peterson's statement said.

Click for full story of this American hero... (http://www.thederrick.com/stories/05242008-6002.shtml)

Great Memorial Day post! There are so many fine young men and women doing so much for our country, yet we seldom hear of them from the media. This is a link to "Someone You Should Know" (http://www.blackfive.net/main/someone_you_should_know/index.html) from Blackfive. All the Medal of Honor Winners, bronze stars, silver stars, and just plain good soldier stories.

Yesterday I was teaching from the Civil War unit, going through the generals from both sides I realized, we are failing to give our children real heroes, though they are out there. Next year I'm going to incorporate some of these young men and women into my lesson plans.

rppearso
05-24-2008, 06:12 PM
What exactly is it that they are doing for THIS COUNTRY? Fighting the evil terrorists one terrorist at a time with M-16's, until we pull out the BIG GUNS and start fighting as if our lives depended on it, I dont believe our freedom is being fought for, we are over there messing around. When OUR freedom is actually being fought for you will see a drastic shift in tactics.

Do you practice your new karate moves on someone who just broke in your house and can threaten your family with a knife or crow bar or do you just cut them down with a 12 gauge and call it a day. Its like people have totally lost common sense.

Are you trying to stay overly positive with medal of honor winners to keep your head buryed in the sand about how this war is being fought. Are you people for real?

rppearso
05-24-2008, 06:35 PM
So sad you cant even engage me on an open forum you resort to a neg rep, although this is the back stabbing that is typical of military members. BTW it is not memorial day. You also address nothing of what I said, you simply lashed out with an emotion back stabbing response.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 06:38 PM
So sad you cant even engage me on an open forum you resort to a neg rep, although this is the back stabbing that is typical of military members. BTW it is not memorial day. You also address nothing of what I said, you simply lashed out with an emotion back stabbing response.

Nothing back stabbing about it, you denigrate your betters. BTW, perhaps you didn't notice but this IS an OPEN forum.

rppearso
05-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Nothing back stabbing about it, you denigrate your betters. BTW, perhaps you didn't notice but this IS an OPEN forum.

Rep points are not open and that is exactly what you did. And again you have nothing interesting to say. And yes neg reping is back stabbing because they are not my "betters" by any stretch of the imagination, most people in the military don't qualify as my intellectual superior. BTW is English your first language who the hell uses the term "betters".

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Rep points are not open and that is exactly what you did. And again you have nothing interesting to say. And I would not call them my "betters".

I would.

Gaffer
05-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Rep points are not open and that is exactly what you did. And again you have nothing interesting to say. And yes neg reping is back stabbing because they are not my "betters" by any stretch of the imagination, most people in the military don't qualify as my intellectual superior. BTW is English your first language who the hell uses the term "betters".

I neg repped you too. And as this thread gets read you can expect many more. People that are better than you are your "betters". That includes most of America. There are a number of libs on here I really despise, but every one of them is better than you.

May you have misery and unhappiness all the days of your life.

ranger
05-25-2008, 10:01 AM
What exactly is it that they are doing for THIS COUNTRY? Fighting the evil terrorists one terrorist at a time with M-16's, until we pull out the BIG GUNS and start fighting as if our lives depended on it, I dont believe our freedom is being fought for, we are over there messing around. When OUR freedom is actually being fought for you will see a drastic shift in tactics.

Does this mean that when the Dems feel threatened they'll actually let us take the gloves off and go after people, but until then, we have to play pattycake with people?

Do you practice your new karate moves on someone who just broke in your house and can threaten your family with a knife or crow bar or do you just cut them down with a 12 gauge and call it a day. Its like people have totally lost common sense.

I understand this analogy, but it doesn't fit here. The military is trying new thinks because they never think ahead to different kinds of warfare. As a result, they end up making new shit up as they go.

Are you trying to stay overly positive with medal of honor winners to keep your head buryed in the sand about how this war is being fought. Are you people for real?

We are acknowling the fact that there are still heroes in this world, despite the left's constant assault against them and constant belittlement of them.

As for you and your "argument"......:fu:

ranger
05-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Here's an address for you

1300 Fuckyou Lane
Kissmyassville, AZ

population.......you.

ranger
05-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I neg repped you too. And as this thread gets read you can expect many more. People that are better than you are your "betters". That includes most of America. There are a number of libs on here I really despise, but every one of them is better than you.

May you have misery and unhappiness all the days of your life.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Kathianne
05-25-2008, 11:04 AM

Just because you are unfamiliar with a term, doesn't mean I don't know English:

3 results for: betters

Cite This Source

Add these citations to your bibliography. Select the text below and then copy and paste it into your document.

American Psychological Association (APA):
betters. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved May 25, 2008, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/betters

Chicago Manual Style (CMS):
betters. Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/betters (accessed: May 25, 2008).

Modern Language Association (MLA):
"betters." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 25 May. 2008. Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/betters

–noun
13. that which has greater excellence or is preferable or wiser: the better of two choices.
14. Usually, betters. those superior to one in wisdom, wealth, etc.

82Marine89
05-25-2008, 11:08 AM

Count me in there as putting you in the race to beat Joe Steel in the red column.

82Marine89
05-25-2008, 11:25 AM

Do us all a favor and go drink a gallon of Drano.

Gaffer
05-25-2008, 12:35 PM
I think he ought to be banned from the military threads completely. If he wants to complain he can go fight for his own right to free speech. He doesn't deserve what's been given to him.

Kathianne
05-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I think he ought to be banned from the military threads completely. If he wants to complain he can go fight for his own right to free speech. He doesn't deserve what's been given to him.

While 'debate' is fine, he doesn't. He just wants to get his message out, that the military stinks, basically because he flunked out.