PDA

View Full Version : Are You Voting For Obama, And Why?

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I can not phathom how anyone would support hussein. So the question for our board liberals is, "do you plan to vote for him and why?" And a good follow up question would be, "if not, why?"

(Please try and keep insults out of this thread, and that goes for myself as well.)

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I plan on voting for him because he will be the standard bearer of my party and will run on the democratic party platform, which I endorse. I happen to agree with his position regarding the war in Iraq. I agree with his position regarding his willingness to talk with our adversaries. I feel confident that he will be able to unite my party, and will try hard to unite our nation. I am deeply concerned about the long term damage to our nation if we must endure four more years of a republican in the white house. I feel the damage to our stature in the world will become practically irreversible. I am concerned about the long term status of the supreme court with Stevens and Ginsberg approaching retirement. If two more young conservative justices join Roberts, Alito, Scalia and Thomas, the court could undo everything accomplished from the Warren court forward.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:21 PM
I plan on voting for him because he will be the standard bearer of my party and will run on the democratic party platform, which I endorse. I happen to agree with his position regarding the war in Iraq. I agree with his position regarding his willingness to talk with our adversaries. I feel confident that he will be able to unite my party, and will try hard to unite our nation. I am deeply concerned about the long term damage to our nation if we must endure four more years of a republican in the white house. I feel the damage to our stature in the world will become practically irreversible. I am concerned about the long term status of the supreme court with Stevens and Ginsberg approaching retirement. If two more young conservative justices join Roberts, Alito, Scalia and Thomas, the court could undo everything accomplished from the Warren court forward.

What platform is that?

Rape as many taxpayers as possible and take all we can get?

Surrender to terrorists?

Coddle our enemies and give them big hugs?

Get Judges on the bench who ignore the law but side with the little guy?

Let illegals stay without penalty and on top of that give them drivers licenses, in stae tuition, and fre healthcare?

Attack US companies for making a profit WE consider to much?

Yep, hell of a platform. Hugo Chavez would approve of it

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:40 PM
What platform is that?

Surrender to terrorists?

Let illegals stay without penalty and on top of that give them drivers licenses, in stae tuition, and fre healthcare?

Yep, hell of a platform. Hugo Chavez would approve of it

that is amazing. that is nearly the same list of limbaugh talking points that your alterego uses every time HE wants to insult the democratic party.

But you claim to be a democrat. Our party's basic platform has not changed in several elections. What part of our party's platform do you support? what part of the democratic party platform did you EVER support?

stephanie
05-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I'd vote for Mickey Mouse over the Obambam..

I believe Mickey is way smarter and his ears aren't as big..:coffee:

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
(Please try and keep insults out of this thread, and that goes for myself as well.)
well. I tried to honestly answer your question....

clearly, thus far anyhow, the rest of your posse has not felt similarly inclined to respect your wishes.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:50 PM
that is amazing. that is nearly the same list of limbaugh talking points that your alterego uses every time HE wants to insult the democratic party.

But you claim to be a democrat. Our party's basic platform has not changed in several elections. What part of our party's platform do you support? what part of the democratic party platform did you EVER support?

Can't defend the truth about how the Democrat party has fallen?

I have seen your posts defending higehr taxes. How you say Dems ned to SQUEEZE as mcuh as we can. There is no tax rate that is to high for you

I support gay marriage for one thing. I also want NASA to be done away with

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:52 PM

clearly, thus far anyhow, the rest of your posse has not felt similarly inclined to respect your wishes.

Do you ever stop crying and pouting? You brought all this one yourself

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:54 PM

I have seen your posts defending higehr taxes. How you say Dems ned to SQUEEZE as mcuh as we can. There is no tax rate that is to high for you

you support gay marriage, which isn't even a democratic party platform plank. Please... if you are a democrat, what democratic party planks have you traditionally supported? what democrat have you ever voted for for national office?

stephanie
05-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Oops, I missed that part..

Pale Rider

No one has insulted you. They have attacked hussein and his ideas, but NOT YOU! So don't even go there.

smg made several excellent points, and you were unable to defend any one of them other than to ridicule her for repeating R.L. talking points. C'mon... tell her she's wrong and why, don't fabricate non existent insults.

retiredman
Do you ever stop crying and pouting? You brought all this one yourself

I am not whining here SLG. Palerider started a thread where he asked folks to keep the insults out. I answered his original post thoughtfully. no one else seems to have read the last line of his original post, or if they did, they certainly did not care to abide by his wishes.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 01:56 PM
you support gay marriage, which isn't even a democratic party platform plank. Please... if you are a democrat, what democratic party planks have you traditionally supported? what democrat have you ever voted for for national office?

I will tell you ashole what I am fed up with

I am fed up being told I am undertaxed. I run my own business and I am taxed out he as. Obama wants MORE in taxes from me

I am fed up with Democrats trying to lose the war in Iraq

I am fed up being told Amercia is a racist nation

I am fed up with Demopcrats trying to excuse illegals. Obama now wants government paid healthcare for them

Ned more?

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 01:57 PM

Yes, homo marriage is a democrat party facet. Always has been, always will be. Republicans fight against it, democrats fight for it.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 01:58 PM
semi liberal girl sez:

What platform is that?

nothing in the democratic party platform says anything like that
Surrender to terrorists?

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I am not whining here SLG. Palerider started a thread where he asked folks to keep the insults out. I answered his original post thoughtfully. no one else seems to have read the last line of his original post, or if they did, they certainly did not care to abide by his wishes.

I am fed up being told I am undertaxed. I run my own business and I am taxed out he as. Obama wants MORE in taxes from me

I am fed up with Demopcrats trying to excuse illegals. Obama now wants government paid healthcare for them

Ned more?
Well no one had insulted you up until now.... c'mon people, no insults please.

retiredman
Yes, homo marriage is a democrat party facet. Always has been, always will be. Republicans fight against it, democrats fight for it.

gay marriage is not a part of the national democratic party platform.

semi liberal girl

Since my party is so far to the left gay marriage is about the only thing I support

To me it is a civial rights issue

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:00 PM

Ned more?

what planks of the traditional democratic party platform have you EVER supported? what democratic candidate have you EVER voted for?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:01 PM
semi liberal girl sez:

What platform is that?

Surrender to terrorists?

Dance around the issues MFM

Obama WILL increase personal and corporate taxes

Obama will give healthcare to illegals

Obama does want judges that will side wil the litle guy (he said so)

Dems have savaged oil companies and bashed them for making to much money for the last 2 days

You will never fess up to the truth MFM - nothing new

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 02:05 PM
semi liberal girl sez:

What platform is that?

Surrender to terrorists?

Oh no.... you're not being very honest here mfm....

the dems stand for:

More taxes,
Abortion on demand
Homosexual marriage
Give DL's to illegal aliens
Free government run health care for all
no more oil drilling
stem cell research
Illegal alien amnesty

and with hussein you can add:

Meeting with known terrorists
Open racism
Blacks first
Hate America
Whites are the problem
Whites created aides to kill the black man
Wife has never been proud of America

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Here's the link to the 2004 Democratic Party Platform:

http://www.democrats.org/a/2005/09/the_2004_democr.php

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
gay marriage is not a part of the national democratic party platform.

Yes it is. The only states where homo marriage is legal are liberal, democrat hell holes, like mass and cal. Democrats fight for homos including marriage, republicans/conservatives fight against it.

No amount of you saying otherwise will change that fact.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh no.... you're not being very honest here mfm....

the dems stand for:

More taxes,
Abortion on demand
Homosexual marriage
Give DL's to illegal aliens
Free government run health care for all
no more oil drilling
stem cell research
Illegal alien amnesty

and with hussein you can add:

Meeting with known terrorists
Open racism
Blacks first
Hate America
Whites are the problem
Whites created aides to kill the black man
Wife has never been proud of America

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Which is why alot of Democrats like me will be voting for McCain

Many of my friends and clients today have said if McCain picks Mitt as his VP they will go McCain in November

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 02:13 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Which is why alot of Democrats like me will be voting for McCain

Many of my friends and clients today have said if McCain picks Mitt as his VP they will go McCain in November

And now lets no forget to add the new information coming out about hussein's ties to communism, along with his father.

It's becoming abundantly clear why hussein and his racist, American hating wife sat front and center for twenty years and listened intently to the frothing at the mouth, racist, whitey hating, America hating rants of reverend wright.

manu1959
05-24-2008, 02:20 PM

he is close to retirement and is moving to mexico to do it.......consider the source......

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes it is. The only states where homo marriage is legal are liberal, democrat hell holes, like mass and cal. Democrats fight for homos including marriage, republicans/conservatives fight against it.

No amount of you saying otherwise will change that fact.

give me a link to a democratic national committee website that shows gay marriage as a plank in our party's national platform.

I'll wait.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:22 PM
SLG...you claim to be a democrat. Why are you afraid to answer these two simple questions:

what planks of the traditional democratic party platform have you EVER supported? what democratic candidate have you EVER voted for?

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 02:22 PM
give me a link to a democratic national committee website that shows gay marriage as a plank in our party's national platform.

I'll wait.

Give me a link that shows one instance when homo marriage wasn't backed by democrats.... I'll wait.

manu1959
05-24-2008, 02:23 PM

in other words it has not been written yet.....

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:23 PM
he is close to retirement and is moving to mexico to do it.......consider the source......

please stick to the topic and keep my personal life out of it.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:25 PM
in other words it has not been written yet.....

it gets written at the convention. the national platform has not changed much at all in several election cycles.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Give me a link that shows one instance when homo marriage wasn't backed by democrats.... I'll wait.

I said it is not in our national party platform. I stand by that statement. If you care to refute it, please go ahead and try.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 02:27 PM
To meet these challenges, we need a new national security policy guided by four new imperatives:
First, America must launch and lead a new era of alliances for the post-September 11 world. Assuming this stays for the coming election, I'd assume this means with Iran, Syria, and North Korea? Hey nearly forgot Cuba and Venezuela.

Second, we must modernize the world's most powerful military to meet the new threats. That must be why we see so many calls for the increase in military spending, not just 'for the troops' pork packages?

Third, in addition to our military might, we must deploy all that is in America's arsenal – our diplomacy, our intelligence system, our economic power, and the appeal of our values and ideas. Are we speaking of imposing Democracy? Is it that? Maybe capitalism?

Fourth and finally, to safeguard our
freedom and ensure our nation's future, we must end our dependence on Mideast oil. Wow, the democrats are going to lead us to the new world, one where no drilling or refining is necessary. How is that coming, 4 years later? Whoops, nothing done, including here at home. Oh yeah, Durbin busts his jaws a bit last week, still no votes as far as the eye can see.

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 02:28 PM
it gets written at the convention. the national platform has not changed much at all in several election cycles.

So getting back to hussein...

since you support him, you support:

racism
a crippling raise in taxes
government run health care
freebies and amnesty for illegal aliens
meeting with known terrorists
abortion on demand
homo marriage
and a President with known ties to communism

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:29 PM

I wish he would hurry up and move

Mexico deserves him

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:31 PM
And now lets no forget to add the new information coming out about hussein's ties to communism, along with his father.

It's becoming abundantly clear why hussein and his racist, American hating wife sat front and center for twenty years and listened intently to the frothing at the mouth, racist, whitey hating, America hating rants of reverend wright.

Obama supporetrs like MFM drive alot of people away from Obama and the Dem party

His arrogance, and constant lies and spin will get alot of people to vote for McCain

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:37 PM
So getting back to hussein...

since you support him, you support:

racism
a lie. Obama clearly does not suport racism
a crippling raise in taxes
"crippling"? that's your opinion. Was America "crippled" during the eight years of the Clinton administration?
government run health care
I fully support government healthcare
freebies and amnesty for illegal aliens
I support figuring a way to give those people who are here and a part of our economy a pathway to citizenship
meeting with known terrorists
I support talking with our adversaries
abortion on demand
I support a woman's right to choose
homo marriage
I support civil unions. I think that the government should get out of the marriage business and the church should get out of the civil contracts business
and a President with known ties to communism
ties? I disagree. He may know americans who espouse communism, but that does not mean he has "ties" to them or that he believes in the theories of Karl Marx in any way.

any luck in finding that democratic party platform plank supporting gay marriage?

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I wish he would hurry up and move

Mexico deserves him

I thought that pale asked you to stick to the topic and avoid personal insults.

why did you disregard him?

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I said it is not in our national party platform. I stand by that statement. If you care to refute it, please go ahead and try.

Not quite in favor of, but pretty close. Funny how they 'want' marriage on the state level, but abortion on the national, thanks to SCOTUS:

We will extend the promise of citizenship to those still struggling for freedom. Today's immigration
laws do not reflect our values or serve our security, and we will work for real reform. The solution is
not to establish a massive new status of second-class workers; that betrays our values and hurts all
working people. Undocumented immigrants within our borders who clear a background check, work
hard and pay taxes should have a path to earn full participation in America. We will hasten family
reunification for parents and children, husbands and wives, and offer more English-language and civic
education classes so immigrants can assume all the rights and responsibilities of citizenship. As we
undertake these steps, we will work with our neighbors to strengthen our security so we are safer from
those who would come here to harm us. We are a nation of immigrants, and from Arab-Americans in
California to Latinos in Florida, we share the dream of a better life in the country we love.
We support full inclusion of gay and lesbian families in the life of our nation and seek equal
responsibilities, benefits, and protections for these families. In our country, marriage has been defined at
the state level for 200 years, and we believe it should continue to be defined there. We repudiate
President Bush's divisive effort to politicize the Constitution by pursuing a "Federal Marriage
Amendment." Our goal is to bring Americans together, not drive them apart.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 02:39 PM
any luck in finding that democratic party platform plank supporting gay marriage?

sort of.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Not quite in favor of, but pretty close. Funny how they 'want' marriage on the state level, but abortion on the national, thanks to SCOTUS:

so...you didn't refute my statement either. Why am I not surprised?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I thought that pale asked you to stick to the topic and avoid personal insults.

why did you disregard him?

Not an insult. just expressing my wish for you to get the hell out of America

Seems you would be happier somewhere else anyway. I know of some people who would be happy if you left

retiredman
sort of.

thanks pale.

Kathianne
so...you didn't refute my statement either. Why am I not surprised?

Semantics, but that's you.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Semantics, but that's you.

I chose my words with precision. try it sometime.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:44 PM

NO, you choose your words like Bill Clinton. So you can wiggle off the hook when you are busted, and plead how you never said what you said

manu1959

just read it.....mfm should read it because...obama does not talk about what is in there......

retiredman
Not an insult. just expressing my wish for you to get the hell out of America

Seems you would be happier somewhere else anyway. I know of some people who would be happy if you left

If you were dining in a restaurant with your alterego and I came in and pointed at you and told you to get the hell out of the restaurant and that I knew many other people who wanted you out as well,
would you think that was insulting to you?:lol:

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:45 PM
NO, you choose your words like Bill Clinton. So you can wiggle off the hook when you are busted, and plead how you never said what you said

I said that the democratic national party platform did NOT support gay marriage. It does not.

Do you care to refute that statement or not?

and if you voted for Gore, I take it you voted for Clinton over Bush I as well as Dole?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:46 PM
If you were dining in a restaurant with your alterego and I came in and pointed at you and told you to get the hell out of the restaurant and that I knew many other people who wanted you out as well,
would you think that was insulting to you?:lol:

Sitting in a restaurant is not the same as wishing other people dead, or constantly insulting people over a different POV

Learn to live with it MFM - you have earned your reputation

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 02:46 PM

Funny, I try to go for honesty and expressing my opinion, not always on the same level. I do not try to just score points. Have a nice day.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:47 PM
just read it.....mfm should read it because...obama does not talk about what is in there......

I have read it. I read it when it was first written four years ago.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Funny, I try to go for honesty and expressing my opinion, not always on the same level. I do not try to just score points. Have a nice day.

you too! :)

Kathianne

For certain. It would be worth another thread, just to discuss that. I'm feeling too lazy and too few would respond.

Firing up the barbie?

semi liberal girl

And MFM wonders why he is treated like the bastard at the family reunion?

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Sitting in a restaurant is not the same as wishing other people dead, or constantly insulting people over a different POV

Learn to live with it MFM - you have earned your reputation

"If you were dining in a restaurant with your alterego and I came in and pointed at you and told you to get the hell out of the restaurant and that I knew many other people who wanted you out as well,
would you think that was insulting to you?"

can you answer my question, or will you run away just like your alterego always does?

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 02:51 PM
"If you were dining in a restaurant with your alterego and I came in and pointed at you and told you to get the hell out of the restaurant and that I knew many other people who wanted you out as well,
would you think that was insulting to you?"

can you answer my question, or will you run away just like your alterego always does?

Still trying to dance on the head of a pin? Grow up little boy - your chickens have come home to roost

manu1959
05-24-2008, 02:54 PM
sort of.

page 42 ... they advocate equal rights for gays and straights and punt the marriage issue to the states.....so at the fed level they are saying you all get the same rights you but you can't call it marriage if you are gay.....but if you can get the states to call it marriage then you can call it that......so they belive in marriage in all but name....

retiredman
05-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Still trying to dance on the head of a pin? Grow up little boy - your chickens have come home to roost
can you answer the question or not?

manu1959
05-24-2008, 02:56 PM
For certain. It would be worth another thread, just to discuss that. I'm feeling too lazy and too few would respond.

Firing up the barbie?

nah a friend of mine is throwing a 5 course sit down french cusine dinner party.....he is a chef.....been starving myself all day....you....

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 02:59 PM
nah a friend of mine is throwing a 5 course sit down french cusine dinner party.....he is a chef.....been starving myself all day....you....Sounds wonderful. I'm heading to my brother's tomorrow, looking forward to some People Eating Tasty Animals, red meat for the first time in like 3 months. Monday I'll still break the diet for a turkey brat, just not as bad as filets. ;)

retiredman
05-24-2008, 03:02 PM
page 42 ... they advocate equal rights for gays and straights and punt the marriage issue to the states.....so at the fed level they are saying you all get the same rights you but you can't call it marriage if you are gay.....but if you can get the states to call it marriage then you can call it that......so they belive in marriage in all but name....

the platform does not support or endorse gay marriage. that is what I said and that is a correct statement. period.

semi liberal girl
05-24-2008, 03:03 PM
the platform does not support or endorse gay marriage. that is what I said and that is a correct statement. period.

The words surrender to terorists is not in the Dem platform - but that is exactly what Dems are for

The same for gay marriage

retiredman
05-24-2008, 03:09 PM
The words surrender to terorists is not in the Dem platform - but that is exactly what Dems are for

The same for gay marriage

no. we do not want to surrender to terrorists.

Say... your pal, RSR, would never answer this question.... since you seem to think that turning over our occupied positions to the legitimate government of Iraq is somehow "surrender", can you tell me: when Britain turned over their occupied positions in Palestine to the legitimate arab and jewish authorities there in 1948, did they SURRENDER Palestine?

manu1959
05-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds wonderful. I'm heading to my brother's tomorrow, looking forward to some People Eating Tasty Animals, red meat for the first time in like 3 months. Monday I'll still break the diet for a turkey brat, just not as bad as filets. ;)

that sounds yummy as well.......the dinner party is all libs and mostly gay....

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 03:38 PM
that sounds yummy as well.......the dinner party is all libs and mostly gay....

But sounds like good eats and probably good wine choices, just get zen like and enjoy. The Buddha is good. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 03:54 PM
obama clearly does not support racism.
Clearly, hussein IS a racist, thus fully supports racism.

Find that link where the democrat party opposes homosexual marriage yet? Oh wait... don't bother... Kathy already found the proof that the democrats fully support homosexual marriage, even amidst your expect, empty denials.

hussein did vote against a Federal Marriage Amendment and opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Clearly, hussein IS a racist, thus fully supports racism.

Find that link where the democrat party opposes homosexual marriage yet? Oh wait... don't bother... Kathy already found the proof that the democrats fully support homosexual marriage, even amidst your expect, empty denials.

hussein did vote against a Federal Marriage Amendment and opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.

you need to reread the platform statement. Democrats do NOT support gay marriage. They support letting the states decide how marriage is defined.

Obama is not a racist. that is merely inflammatory rhetoric. I did what you asked in this thread.... I answered your initial question with as much civility as possible. I'm sorry that neither you nor the rest of your posse felt inclined to respond accordingly.

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 04:43 PM
you need to reread the platform statement. Democrats do NOT support gay marriage. They support letting the states decide how marriage is defined.

Obama is not a racist. that is merely inflammatory rhetoric. I did what you asked in this thread.... I answered your initial question with as much civility as possible. I'm sorry that neither you nor the rest of your posse felt inclined to respond accordingly.

hussein clearly is a racist. He sat front and center and listened to frothing at the mouth, racist, anti white hatred from his preacher for twenty years and never flinched... until of course he wanted to be President and it was all exposed, then he had to deny all the racism, much as you do now. Everyone knows better, in spite of the lies to the contrary.

He is also an ultra liberal, big brother, big government, steal all the people's money through hyper taxation and redistribute the wealth, communist ties, democrat.

And I haven't insulted you once, so don't give me that. DO NOT acuse me of it again unless I do.

It's already been established by an article posted by Kathianne that democrats back the homosexual agenda, and that includes marriage.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 04:50 PM
And somehow, you KNOW that Reverend Wright's sermons were filled with racist frothing at the mouth every Sunday for the past twenty years?

Please explain how you came by that tidbit?

and when you reduce what is supposed to be an intellectual discussion down to inane rhetoric such as you posted in post #21, you insult my intelligence, if nothing else.

You have no desire to have a civil discussion about anything. You just need a place to vent your anger at the democrats. It gets old.

Kathianne
05-24-2008, 04:59 PM

Who's the 'posse'? Where was I uncivil? Seriously throwing strawman, why? Could it be that the great MFM is wrong or at least misinformed?

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 05:15 PM
And somehow, you KNOW that Reverend Wright's sermons were filled with racist frothing at the mouth every Sunday for the past twenty years?

Please explain how you came by that tidbit?

and when you reduce what is supposed to be an intellectual discussion down to inane rhetoric such as you posted in post #21, you insult my intelligence, if nothing else.

You have no desire to have a civil discussion about anything. You just need a place to vent your anger at the democrats. It gets old.

Well there ya go.... if anyone insults your messiah, you take it as an insult against you.... why do I waste my time? Fuck man.... it's not all about you OK? IT - IS - NOT - ALL - ABOUT - YOU. I don't even come CLOSE to insulting YOU, even though YOU INSULT ME, but yet you twist it around to make it so in your mind. FUCK! Well.... at least the board can have a REAL GOOD example of just how you twist things around in your head.

What I say about hussein I mean. He is a racist, and reverend wright is racist. You are in absolute denial if you think differently. Absolute denial, and that is NO INSULT mfm... that is a FACT! Sure, that pisses you off your boy got caught. Sorry. That's the way it goes in politics. Your past is fair game. Who you've been associated with and idolized for twenty years is fair game. For some reason you don't seem to think so.

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I just can't take this reeking turd any more....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/2518925839_9dd0f223fa_o.jpg

retiredman
05-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Who's the 'posse'? Where was I uncivil? Seriously throwing strawman, why? Could it be that the great MFM is wrong or at least misinformed?

I would never consider you one of palerider's posse.

manu and semi literate girl are a different story.

And I am not informed. I understand the 2004 Democratic platform's position on gay marriage. I have always understood it. I said that the platform did not support gay marriage as pale had said it did. I was correct.

retiredman
05-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Well there ya go.... if anyone insults your messiah, you take it as an insult against you.... why do I waste my time? Fuck man.... it's not all about you OK? IT - IS - NOT - ALL - ABOUT - YOU. I don't even come CLOSE to insulting YOU, even though YOU INSULT ME, but yet you twist it around to make it so in your mind. FUCK! Well.... at least the board can have a REAL GOOD example of just how you twist things around in your head.

What I say about hussein I mean. He is a racist, and reverend wright is racist. You are in absolute denial if you think differently. Absolute denial, and that is NO INSULT mfm... that is a FACT! Sure, that pisses you off your boy got caught. Sorry. That's the way it goes in politics. Your past is fair game. Who you've been associated with and idolized for twenty years is fair game. For some reason you don't seem to think so.

you seemed to have avoided the first question I posed. I wonder why that is?

but DO run away... I expected nothing more.

Pale Rider
05-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Yup... I had to follow the growing number of peope that have told me they have this turd on ignore. Yurt buddy, you're right, BLISS....... :laugh:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3147/2519836006_316820f4f5_o.jpg

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
How many different positions does Obama have on one issue? He is the black version of John Kerry?

FNC Shows Obama's Iran Flip-Flop, Colmes 'Might' Talk to Hitler
By Brad Wilmouth | May 23, 2008 - 20:47 ET

Wednesday's Hannity and Colmes showed viewers clips of Barack Obama making contradictory statements from Sunday and Tuesday about whether Iran was a serious threat, with the Illinois Senator on Sunday saying "they don't pose a serious threat to us," but on Tuesday saying "Iran is a grave threat." Pollster Frank Luntz also sparred with FNC's liberal co-host Alan Colmes over whether it would be wise to meet with dictators like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Adolf Hitler, and got Colmes to admit that "I might" meet with Hitler. Luntz: "Would you talk to Hitler?" Colmes: "It would depend upon the circumstances. ... I might." (Transcript follows)

The segment began with a clip of Democratic Governor and Obama supporter Bill Richardson talking about Obama's desire to "talk to the Iranian leaderhip," and the clip of Obama talking about Iran were soon played, as they had been played on the previous night's show:

BARACK OBAMA CLIP #1, DATED MAY 18: Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a serious threat to us.

OBAMA CLIP #2, DATED MAY 18: Iran, they spend 1/100th of what we spend on the military. I mean, if Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn't stand a chance.

OBAMA CLIP #3, DATED MAY 20: Iran is a grave threat. It has an illicit nuclear program. It supports terrorism across the regions and militias in Iraq. It threatens Israel's existence. It denies the Holocaust.

GOP pollster Frank Luntz appeared as a guest and reported that he had found that "90 percent of Americans actually see Iran as a threat," and contended that "what Obama just said is absolutely opposed to what the vast majority of Americans -- Republicans and Democrats alike -- would support."

As he and Colmes argued over the wisdom of Obama talking to Ahmadinejad, Luntz asked: "Would you have talked to Adolf Hitler?"

Colmes resisted answering the question directly as he focused on denying that Hitler and Ahmadinejad are comparable. Colmes: "I don't buy the Hitler analogy. ... Iran does not have expansionist powers. Iran hasn't taken over Czechoslovakia. Iran hasn't taken over other countries."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/05/23/fnc-shows-obamas-iran-flip-flop-colmes-might-talk-hitler

Gaffer
05-25-2008, 12:16 PM
No iran hasn't taken over an other countries, but they are working real hard on it. Iraq, lebanon and yemen to name a few.

DragonStryk72
05-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Well, I'm not voting for Obama, here's my run of it: He is running the party line, with few if any deviations. As well, although he has proposed many good changes, I do not think that he has fully thought out where he is getting the support structure for it.

Now, separately, I also have a difficulty with him and the others, because they are not talking about curbing government spending really, or how they would go about decreasing government spending.

Through NPR, I saw an article that listed that 62% of Americans would favor fewer government programs, with lower taxes. This I believe, is the direction we need to be going in, and most people are beginning to see it as well.

Pale Rider
05-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, I'm not voting for Obama, here's my run of it: He is running the party line, with few if any deviations. As well, although he has proposed many good changes, I do not think that he has fully thought out where he is getting the support structure for it.

Now, separately, I also have a difficulty with him and the others, because they are not talking about curbing government spending really, or how they would go about decreasing government spending.

Through NPR, I saw an article that listed that 62% of Americans would favor fewer government programs, with lower taxes. This I believe, is the direction we need to be going in, and most people are beginning to see it as well.

No to mention his racism, his buddy the terrorist bomber ayers, or his buddy the slum lord resko, or his inexperience, and also don't mention the new evidence connecting him with communists, and his America hating, whitey bashing, bigot preacher... those things don't matter... just that he's going to spend a whole lot more money and expand government.

None the less, I'm glad to hear you have enough common sense to not vote for this ass wad. He's the worst thing to come down the pike pretending to be Presidential material in the history of America.

glockmail
05-26-2008, 06:52 PM

You forgot abortion. Kill as many babies as possible. Especially black ones.

Yurt
05-26-2008, 07:10 PM

but the death penalty is wrong, wrong i tell you!!!!

manu1959
05-26-2008, 07:13 PM

nah....we need the black ones to play sports and entertain us.......

Yurt
05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
nah....we need the black ones to play sports and entertain us.......

and assuage white guilt for those that live in maine.

DragonStryk72
05-27-2008, 03:57 PM
No to mention his racism, his buddy the terrorist bomber ayers, or his buddy the slum lord resko, or his inexperience, and also don't mention the new evidence connecting him with communists, and his America hating, whitey bashing, bigot preacher... those things don't matter... just that he's going to spend a whole lot more money and expand government.

None the less, I'm glad to hear you have enough common sense to not vote for this ass wad. He's the worst thing to come down the pike pretending to be Presidential material in the history of America.

No, I didn't include the sad ass BS that is being hyped up beyond measure. Decided I'd actually answer your question, but really, he does owe you a debt of gratitude, I mean if you, and those of like mind weren't bringing him up so often, he wouldn't have nearly the amount of supporters and publicity that he has currently.

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
No, I didn't include the sad ass BS that is being hyped up beyond measure. Decided I'd actually answer your question, but really, he does owe you a debt of gratitude, I mean if you, and those of like mind weren't bringing him up so often, he wouldn't have nearly the amount of supporters and publicity that he has currently.

I totally disagree. It's the liberal MSM that's hyping hussein 24/7 as if he was some sort of diety, and I find their complete blindness towards all his horrible gaffes and racist, America hating connections to be an outrage.

gabosaurus
05-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes, I am voting for Obama. Miraculously enough, my husband has pledged to vote for Obama as well. He believes (as I do) that McCain will be a continuation of the failed Bush presidency -- an illegal and immoral war, high energy prices, collapsing housing market, substandard way of living.
Obama is far from perfect. But he offers a change from Bush policies. We need to regain the support of our allies and restore our own country.

Yurt
05-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes, I am voting for Obama. Miraculously enough, my husband has pledged to vote for Obama as well. He believes (as I do) that McCain will be a continuation of the failed Bush presidency -- an illegal and immoral war, high energy prices, collapsing housing market, substandard way of living.
Obama is far from perfect. But he offers a change from Bush policies. We need to regain the support of our allies and restore our own country.

that is sad. obama is so liberal....karl marx looks like a republican. are you saying that mccain is just like bush....not likely. then again, i don't blame your husband for not voting for mccain, but obama? WTF!

gabosaurus
05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
i don't blame your husband for not voting for mccain, but obama? WTF!

What's the third choice? Some crackpot who will get three percent of the vote?
My husband doesn't like Obama. But he dislikes McCain more.
Those are the choices.

Yurt
05-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Those are the choices.

obama is more socialist and harmful than mccain. that is is simple.

mundame
05-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Those are the choices.

The third choice is voting Libertarian in the realistic hopes that they can begin to get that highly popular party organized to replace one of the defunct, hapless parties we have now. (I don't care which one; they are both terminal.) This is the first election that the Libertarians are actually running real candidates, men who have served as representatives in the House, for instance. So while a Libertarian won't win, I feel it would be okay as a building exercise.

Or, I could not vote at all, and I may do that.

I'm not voting for Obama (even if Hillary is his VP candidate) and I'm not voting for McCain.

I'll let the rest of you play at democracy ---- I've realized it doesn't work in America anymore. Bush is simply a tyrant who does whatever he wants no matter what the people need or want, and presumably the next prez will be the same.

Abbey Marie
05-28-2008, 03:10 PM
The third choice is voting Libertarian in the realistic hopes that they can begin to get that highly popular party organized to replace one of the defunct, hapless parties we have now. (I don't care which one; they are both terminal.) This is the first election that the Libertarians are actually running real candidates, men who have served as representatives in the House, for instance. So while a Libertarian won't win, I feel it would be okay as a building exercise.

Or, I could not vote at all, and I may do that.

I'm not voting for Obama (even if Hillary is his VP candidate) and I'm not voting for McCain.

I'll let the rest of you play at democracy ---- I've realized it doesn't work in America anymore. Bush is simply a tyrant who does whatever he wants no matter what the people need or want, and presumably the next prez will be the same.

You could replace Bush with the "courts" and make the same statement.

mundame
05-28-2008, 03:15 PM
You could replace Bush with the "courts" and make the same statement.

You think people should vote for McCain because of the activist federal judges.

Perhaps many will.

However, I won't. The wars go on and on, pointlessly, uselessly, failing forever, and until some party or official actually shows something ressembling effectiveness and competence and gets us OUT of these wars, I'm not voting. Why bother? The elected officials are liars and failures, the parties are failures.

I've believed in democracy all my life until this year, but I've given up on it now. It is apparent no attention is paid to the will of the people or the vote.

midcan5
05-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Obama represents a radical change from the moronic current administration and the social darwinist supply side economics that is making America a third world nation. Out separation of rich and poor already is similar to third world nations and our infant mortality rate even worse, and demonstrate values that would bomb rather than help people out of empty fear. I'm not sure our democratic republic can take another 4 or 8 years of failed republican rule. You cannot govern a nation nor make it great when your only values are greed, hate, and fear. You only have to read many of DP's posters to see that.

BHO, words that represent values republican pretend to support:

"My parents shared not only an improbable love, they shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation. They would give me an African name, Barack, or blessed, believing that in a tolerant America your name is no barrier to success.

We have an obligation and a responsibility to be investing in our students and our schools. We must make sure that people who have the grades, the desire and the will, but not the money, can still get the best education possible.

The Bush Administration's failure to be consistently involved in helping Israel achieve peace with the Palestinians has been both wrong for our friendship with Israel, as well as badly damaging to our standing in the Arab world.

We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States and have gay friends in the Red States.

Where the stakes are the highest, in the war on terror, we cannot possibly succeed without extraordinary international cooperation. Effective international police actions require the highest degree of intelligence sharing, planning and collaborative enforcement.

With the changing economy, no one has lifetime employment. But community colleges provide lifetime employability.

You know, my faith is one that admits some doubt."

Barack Obama

mundame
05-28-2008, 03:25 PM
BHO, words that represent values republican pretend to support:

"My parents shared not only an improbable love,

"Improbable" is right. Dad had several other "wives" back in Kenya; he didn't hang around more than a year, high-tailed it back to Africa when everybody else was trying to get here, died young, after fathering lots and lots of illegitimate kids.

I think it's a disgusting story. Something seriously wrong with Obama's mother, carrying on like she did, with men all over the world, as long as they weren't white.

She must have really hated her parents. And then in the end, she couldn't even raise him and they had to take him in!! A very low-class young woman.

theHawk
05-28-2008, 04:19 PM

At least you admit you're a partisan hack thats only voting for him because he has a (D) by his name.

I almost want to rep you....almost...

retiredman
05-28-2008, 04:43 PM
At least you admit you're a partisan hack thats only voting for him because he has a (D) by his name.

I almost want to rep you....almost...

It is not merely that he has a (D) by his name, but that he upholds and believes in the ideals of the party that the (D) stands for.

If he didn't, he wouldn't get the nomination.

Abbey Marie
05-28-2008, 06:55 PM
You think people should vote for McCain because of the activist federal judges.

Perhaps many will.

That wasn't the reason I made the statement in the post, but, you are right, that is one of the major reasons I will probably end up voting for him.

I am also hoping that he picks a true conservative running mate, so that person will be primed for a future run.

05-28-2008, 07:56 PM
No. I wont.

I am not sure who I'm voting for yet. But the man's policies are downright scary.

05-28-2008, 07:57 PM
It is not merely that he has a (D) by his name, but that he upholds and believes in the ideals of the party that the (D) stands for.

If he didn't, he wouldn't get the nomination.

Yeah choke individvualism, freedom, and ingeniuty out of people and make them dependent on politicians in Washington. Great ideals.

retiredman
05-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah choke individvualism, freedom, and ingeniuty out of people and make them dependent on politicians in Washington. Great ideals.

if you don't like the ideals of the democratic party, vote for some other motherfucker. I could give a shit.