PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Admits Democrats Lied About Stopping War

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Where is the liberal media on this story? When it comes to Republicans, if there is not a isue to bash them on, the liberal media will create one

Here you have a Democrat admitting Dems lied to get elected, and there is nothing but silence

Kanjorski says Dems were insincere about ending war
By Aaron Blake
Posted: 05/23/08 01:46 PM [ET]

Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D-Pa.) is seen in a video that has surfaced on the Web saying that Democrats “sort of stretched the facts” in the 2006 elections about their ability to end the Iraq war.

In a video , posted to YouTube on Thursday, Kanjorski reflects on the Democrats’ approach to the war in 2006 and said they pushed the rhetoric “as far as we can to the end of the fleet — didn’t say it, but we implied it — that if we won the congressional elections, we could stop the war.

“Now, anybody who’s a good student of government would know it wasn't true,” he said. “But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress — we sort of stretched the facts.”

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/kanjorski-says-dems-were-insincere-about-ending-war-2008-05-23.html

Classact
05-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Where is the liberal media on this story? When it comes to Republicans, if there is not a isue to bash them on, the liberal media will create one

Here you have a Democrat admitting Dems lied to get elected, and there is nothing but silence

Kanjorski says Dems were insincere about ending war
By Aaron Blake
Posted: 05/23/08 01:46 PM [ET]

Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D-Pa.) is seen in a video that has surfaced on the Web saying that Democrats “sort of stretched the facts” in the 2006 elections about their ability to end the Iraq war.

In a video , posted to YouTube on Thursday, Kanjorski reflects on the Democrats’ approach to the war in 2006 and said they pushed the rhetoric “as far as we can to the end of the fleet — didn’t say it, but we implied it — that if we won the congressional elections, we could stop the war.

“Now, anybody who’s a good student of government would know it wasn't true,” he said. “But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress — we sort of stretched the facts.”

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/kanjorski-says-dems-were-insincere-about-ending-war-2008-05-23.htmlExcellent find!

I posted this story on a fair and balanced liberal debate site and it was closed immediately as inflammatory. You certainly have found a working subject to discuss. I welcome you and any other readers of this thread to join the other site if nothing else for this topic and post the topic in a similar fashion. The site is http://www.americasdebate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16829

I'm giving these fair and balanced folks there hell under the name Zack.

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 07:41 AM
I am waiting for all the libs who support surrender and appeasement (and we all know who they are) to try and defend and spin the confession

Yurt
05-25-2008, 10:20 AM
dems lie? nah. especially east coast dems from maine. nope, never.

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 10:32 AM
dems lie? nah. especially east coast dems from maine. nope, never.

Where is Little Lord Fauntleroy? Licking his wounds from the last couple days of beatings? :laugh2:

ranger
05-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I am waiting for all the libs who support surrender and appeasement (and we all know who they are) to try and defend and spin the confession

They won't. They'll just call him a deluded old man who misunderstood the platform of the national party.

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 11:17 AM
They won't. They'll just call him a deluded old man who misunderstood the platform of the national party.

The head liberal liar has been sliced, diced, chopped, and grated

semi liberal girl
05-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I wonder if on this Memorial Day, Hary "the war is lost" Reid will send his supportful comments to the troops in Iraq; and tell the surrender and appeasement base of the Dem party he will end this war soon?

ranger
05-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I wonder if on this Memorial Day, Hary "the war is lost" Reid will send his supportful comments to the troops in Iraq; and tell the surrender and appeasement base of the Dem party he will end this war soon?

He'll probably do both and throw in some George W hating comments as well.

red states rule
05-26-2008, 07:47 PM
He'll probably do both and throw in some George W hating comments as well.

A typical day in the life of a typical liberal

retiredman
05-26-2008, 09:42 PM

back home, I see.

welcome back in your RSR persona!

Pale Rider
05-26-2008, 10:19 PM

How small, bitter, and full of hate their lives must be.

ranger
05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
How small, bitter, and full of hate their lives must be.

You know it. Just look at MFM and Joe Steel.......not exactly bundles of joy are they?

retiredman
05-26-2008, 10:24 PM
You know it. Just look at MFM and Joe Steel.......not exactly bundles of joy are they?

What? I am one happy fella! I got a great wife, three great kids, my golf game is way ahead of where it was last year... the red sox are beating the mariners, and the celtics will, at worst, leave detoit tied 2-2. AND, my democratic party will undoubtedly win more seats in both chambers of congress and probably win the white house, I am as joyful as a guy could be!

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 03:49 AM

I have no conception of just how twisted their worlds must be. To have so much hate for their fellow man and America.

It explains why mfm is retiring in another country. He should take his brother joe tin with him, and psycho, and typo, and little pump, and bull, yeah we have our share of America haters here.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 05:52 AM
I have no conception of just how twisted their worlds must be. To have so much hate for their fellow man and America.

It explains why mfm is retiring in another country. He should take his brother joe tin with him, and psycho, and typo, and little pump, and bull, yeah we have our share of America haters here.

I noticed how the biggest liberal liar, the biggest cheerleader for surrender, and biggest defender of Dem lies did not comment on the thread

Classact
05-27-2008, 07:43 AM
What? I am one happy fella! I got a great wife, three great kids, my golf game is way ahead of where it was last year... the red sox are beating the mariners, and the celtics will, at worst, leave detoit tied 2-2. AND, my democratic party will undoubtedly win more seats in both chambers of congress and probably win the white house, I am as joyful as a guy could be!Yes and if such a disaster would happen the environwackos and trial lawyers will have you meat free, riding a bike to your union solar panel factory. Your children will be saying a prayer every night for the doom of Democrats just like the entire population prayed when Carter made it in the white house.

The "People's House" has the checkbook, their choice to fund war or own peace. It is political expedient to allow Bush to own the war so they will continue to fund it. Peace, Democratic style may just make gas prices and pump lines worse than during the Jimmy Carter administration.

glockmail
05-27-2008, 07:54 AM
dems lie? nah. ..... nope, never. and conspire? Wouda thunk that?

retiredman
05-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes and if such a disaster would happen the environwackos and trial lawyers will have you meat free, riding a bike to your union solar panel factory. Your children will be saying a prayer every night for the doom of Democrats just like the entire population prayed when Carter made it in the white house.

The "People's House" has the checkbook, their choice to fund war or own peace. It is political expedient to allow Bush to own the war so they will continue to fund it. Peace, Democratic style may just make gas prices and pump lines worse than during the Jimmy Carter administration.

predictions of impending disaster....doom and gloom.... why am I not surprised?

red states rule
05-27-2008, 09:57 AM
and conspire? Wouda thunk that?

Still, not one lib is trying to defend their party on admitting they lied to the voters and played them for chumps

Very telling

glockmail
05-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Still, not one lib is trying to defend their party on admitting they lied to the voters and played them for chumps

Very telling
That's always the way it is with them. Circle the wagons, deny, lie.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
That's always the way it is with them. Circle the wagons, deny, lie.

and when necessary, ignore the issue all together

What is amazing, this is the party that screamed "count every vote" in 2000 - even when Dem voters did not fill out their ballot correctly

theHawk
05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been saying all along that Dems are not willing to stop the war. All they do is scream about the war to appease their moonbat base. Then they turn around and its back to business as usual.