PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Marines Battle muslim Militants

Pale Rider
05-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Filipino Marines Battle muslim Militants

2008-05-25 03:33:39
By JIM GOMEZ Associated Press Writer

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Two Muslim rebel groups, including the al-Qaida-linked Abu Sayyaf, attacked a military outpost and a convoy of troops Sunday in the southern Philippines, sparking a clash that killed two guerrillas and wounded 14 marines, the military said.

The fighting between the marines and the combined forces of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and Abu Sayyaf broke out after dawn on southern Basilan island, forcing villagers to flee, according to the military and the rebels.

Both sides blamed each other for starting the fighting, which erupted during a withdrawal of Malaysian peacekeepers who have helped stop such violence in the past.

Philippine marines commandant Lt. Gen. Benjamin Dolorfino said an unknown number of MILF and Abu Sayyaf guerrillas attacked a marine detachment in Basilan's remote Ungkaya Pukan township at day break, sparking a gunbattle that wounded 10 marines.

Marine reinforcements aboard an armored carrier and trucks were later ambushed by the rebels, setting off a clash near Ungkaya Pukan that killed two rebels and wounded four marines, including an officer. The armored carrier was damaged by a rebel land mine, Dolorfino said.

Government troops were pursuing the attackers, who fled in small groups, and helicopter gunships were on standby in case the conflict escalates. The MILF-led attack violated a cease-fire, he said.

Article continues here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14663745&feedid=249)

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 09:34 PM
And American Christians battle each other!!!!!!

Just whose side are you on, pr?

Dilloduck
05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
The MILF-led attack violated a cease-fire, he said.

:lol:

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 10:06 PM
"Cease Fire"? Who gave the order to "Begin Firing"?

Mr. P
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 10:30 PM
You think killing is funny?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I fail to see your humor in that. Care to give it an explanation? Or are emoticons your thing? You aren't alone in that thought.

Dilloduck
05-28-2008, 10:32 PM

I fail to see your humor in that. Care to give it an explanation? Or are emoticons your thing? You aren't alone in that thought.

If you had a clue what MILF means even YOU mgiht get a kick out of it. :laugh2:

Mr. P
05-28-2008, 10:34 PM

Laughing at the thread and the fact you don't have a clue what I'm laughing about. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I exactly know what you're talking about, Mr.P.

Laughing at the thread and the fact you don't have a clue what I'm laughing about. :laugh2:

Care to explain your humor to the unwitting readers? It's your time in the barrel, I suppose!!!!!!!!!

Mr. P
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I exactly know what you're talking about, Mr.P.

Care to explain your humor to the unwitting readers? It's your time in the barrel, I suppose!!!!!!!!!

Nope..but be my guest if you'd like to explain what you think I am talking about.
I don't do barrel chit, sorry. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Then why do you insist on being so cryptic, mfm?

Nope..but be my guest if you'd like to explain what you think I am talking about.
I don't do barrel chit, sorry. :laugh2:

I'm not the first to notice your weebiejeebies, dumbass, if you know what I mean?

dread
05-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Then why do you insist on being so cryptic, mfm?

I'm not the first to notice your weebiejeebies, dumbass, if you know what I mean?

Ummm I think you need to lay off the booze. Everyone on this board knows what a MILF is EXCEPT you. The fact that you couldnt see the hilarity in the post is outstanding.

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Think so?

Ummm I think you need to lay off the booze. Everyone on this board knows what a MILF is EXCEPT you. The fact that you couldnt see the hilarity in the post is outstanding.

Carry on, dread, I see you are at least interested, haha, know what I mean?

dread
05-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Think so?

Carry on, dread, I see you are at least interested, haha, know what I mean?

I already asked you when are you taking me to Mass. to have our lesbian marriage made legal. I still call dibs with the strap on.

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 12:34 AM
I never invited you, dead, so please contain your excitement.

I already asked you when are you taking me to Mass. to have our lesbian marriage made legal. I still call dibs with the strap on.

I still enjoy and love my marriage of now 32 years with my beautiful and way more intelligent than you wife. I doubt if you can make an equivalent claim.

Damn, you're a tigger!!!!!!!!!!!