PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Rewrites History…Again

82Marine89
05-25-2008, 11:14 AM
The movie, “Recount”, arrives at a time when the Democrat Party is trying to determine whether the “popular” vote in its primaries takes precedent over the actual number of delegates, whether “pledged” or “super delegates” whose only allegiance is to (1) retaining their power in Congress and the Party and (2) actually trying to win the national election in November.

There is enough written about the 2000 election results in Florida to suggest that, had the Supreme Court not intervened and stopped the vote count, Al Gore would have won by the slimmest of margins, but that ignores the way the Gore campaign successfully got the absentee military votes that would have unquestionably put Bush over the top disqualified from consideration.

In short, Florida, where apparently the voters in Palm Beach County were retarded, remains a great historic muddle. In 2000 it became a battle ground between two evils, the Republican and Democrat parties.

In the end, George W. Bush won the election, became President, and, because of 9/11, transformed his presidency into a military conflict in Afghanistan and extended it into Iraq. The reason why there is so little news current coverage of events in Iraq is that some real measure of political stability has arrived and because no one in the mainstream media wants to report that Iran has been engaged in war with the U.S. and Iraqi troops there. That war was unofficially declared in 1979 when they took our diplomats hostage and held them for 444 days. Al Qaeda has since been reduced to the ravings of Osama bin Laden.

Click for full text... (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/05/22/hollywood-rewrites-historyagain/)

ranger
05-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Another movie not to watch..............it'll tank just like all of the other ones do.

April15
05-25-2008, 06:26 PM
The movie should do wonderful for HBO.

manu1959
05-25-2008, 07:01 PM
The movie should do wonderful for HBO.

doubtful.....

stephanie
05-25-2008, 07:15 PM
I've seen the previews..
Another hollyweird make believe.

Sitarro
05-25-2008, 07:36 PM
What species of tree is playing the Algore?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-25-2008, 08:05 PM
They just can't let go... :laugh2:

82Marine89
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
They just can't let go... :laugh2:

And now karma is coming back to get them. I can't wait for the uncounted votes to get counted and give Hillary the popular vote.

Abbey Marie
05-25-2008, 08:28 PM
And now karma is coming back to get them. I can't wait for the uncounted votes to get counted and give Hillary the popular vote.

Yup it's going to be fun.

Give me an "H"
Give me a "Y"
Give me a "P"
Give me an "O"
Give me a "C"
Give me a "R"
Give me an "I"
Give me a "T"
Give me an "E".

What do you get?

The DNC!

82Marine89
05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Yup it's going to be fun.

Give me an "H"
Give me a "Y"
Give me a "P"
Give me an "O"
Give me a "C"
Give me a "R"
Give me an "I"
Give me a "T"
Give me an "E".

What do you get?

The DNC!

Or mfm spell checking you. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Oh come on, you enjoyed it when Hollywood rewrote "Blackhawk Down."

semi liberal girl
05-26-2008, 05:40 AM
The looney left can try to rewrite history all they want - but it has been proven Pres Bush won FL in 2000

Newspapers' recount shows Bush prevailed

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes — more than triple his official 537-vote margin — if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm

Gaffer
05-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh come on, you enjoyed it when Hollywood rewrote "Blackhawk Down."

I don't enjoy any history being rewritten for anything, let alone dramatic effect. And Blackhawk Down was actually one of the few movies that was fairly accurately portrayed. Of course it was made before Bush was president so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Rewriting history is hollywoods trademark. They call it artistic license, it's real name is lies.

05-26-2008, 10:27 AM
they still cant let go of it. you know thats the only reason they hate Bush. He beat them in an election twice. and they think they are smarter than him. so they try to claim he stole it.

Yet they dont even understand that the person with more votes is the winner.

82Marine89
05-26-2008, 10:30 AM
This one paragraph says it all...

There is enough written about the 2000 election results in Florida to suggest that, had the Supreme Court not intervened and stopped the vote count, Al Gore would have won by the slimmest of margins, but that ignores the way the Gore campaign successfully got the absentee military votes that would have unquestionably put Bush over the top disqualified from consideration.

Pale Rider
05-26-2008, 11:10 AM
HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?

This is the most interesting thing I've read in a long time. The sad thing about it, you can see it coming.

I have always heard about this democracy countdown. It is interesting to see it in print. God help us, not that we deserve it.

How Long Do We Have?

About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

'A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.'

'A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.'

'From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.'

'The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years'

'During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. from bondage to spiritual faith;

2. from spiritual faith to great courage;

3. from courage to liberty;

4. from liberty to abundance;

5. from abundance to complacency;

6. from complacency to apathy;

7. from apathy to dependence;

8. from dependence back into bondage'

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats: 19 Republicans: 29

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: 'In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare...' Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the 'complacency and apathy' phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the 'governmental dependency' phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal aliens and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.