PDA

View Full Version : Thank you...

bullypulpit
05-26-2008, 10:18 AM
To all who have served...Past, present and future...To all who have fought, and continue to fight to preserve the values enshrined in the Constitution by America's Founders...And especially to those who have paid the ultimate price in that endeavor and their families...Thank you.

gabosaurus
05-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I totally agree. Each Memorial Day and Veterans Day, I call my dad's best friend, who was the best man at my parents' wedding. He served two tours of duty in Viet Nam. I thank him for his service to our country. Veterans are what made this country great.
I also remember both of my grandfathers, each of whom served their respective countries in World War II.

A sincere thank you to every DP poster who is a veteran.

ranger
05-26-2008, 11:04 AM
You're welcome.

Kathianne
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
To all who have served...Past, present and future...To all who have fought, and continue to fight to preserve the values enshrined in the Constitution by America's Founders...And especially to those who have paid the ultimate price in that endeavor and their families...Thank you.

Well said BP. Thanks to you and all who have, are, and will serve.

I just came across this, it's nice to support those that support our troops and their families:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/05/memorial-day-co.html

I'm not shortening it, as you can see, they want the 'word' spread:

Memorial Day Coffee For The Troops
Posted By Laughing_Wolf

When I wrote about Community Coffee and their troop special the other day, I didn't know that yet another coffee company was doing something special for the troops as well (I either missed a memo or a staff meeting). Green Beans Coffee literally serves the troops at FOBs and other interesting locations, and they have a special going on TODAY(!) to benefit TAPS and Soldier's Angels.

Stolen shamelessly from MaryAnn:

May 22, 2008 Pasadena, CA - Green Beans Coffee Company (GBCC) announces the “Memorial Day Green Beans Coffee Special.”

For every purchase made on May 26, 2008 at any location worldwide or online, Green Beans Coffee will donate $1 from your order to the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) and Soldier’s Angels.

Green Beans Coffee has made a name for itself providing top-of-the-line coffee for U.S. troops stationed in war zones across the globe. They have more than 55 frontline locations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Africa and other overseas locales. They have won the hearts and minds of the troops with quality coffee drinks and baked goods. Their cafés provide a safe, inviting respite for soldiers in dangerous lands.

Jason and Jon Araghi founded Green Beans Coffee in 1996. Its first store, Art Nouveau Café, was located in Saudi Arabia. The café became popular with local U.S. soldiers, who asked the brothers to open a café on a nearby military base. Green Beans Coffee grew with the U.S. military as its footprint expanded in Southwest Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Today, there are more than 55 Green Beans cafés worldwide. Green Beans Coffee Company believes in giving back to its customers that serve in the United States military.

The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) provides a wonderful support network for the surviving families of those who have died in service to America. For more information visit www.taps.org.

Soldiers’ Angels is a grassroots 501(c)(3) non-profit comprised of 200,000 volunteers in over twenty different teams and programs with unique and effective ways to support members of the U.S. military. Soldiers’ Angels operates internationally to provide letters, care packages, and comfort items to the deployed, and support for their families at home. They also provide assistance to the wounded, continuing support for veterans, remembrances and comfort for families of the fallen and immediate response to unique situations. For more information, see www.soldiersangels.org or call (615) 676-0239.

For more information, visit www.greenbeanscoffee.com
Phone: US (415) 461-4023
Phone: Intl: +965-697-2223

So, you have two ways to help get good coffee to the troops. Please go do one, or both.