PDA

View Full Version : Castro call Obama speech "Formula For Hunger"

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 09:22 PM
What a twist of events!!!!!!

"HAVANA (Reuters) - Cuban leader Fidel Castro on Monday called Democrat Barack Obama the candidate most advanced on social issues running for U.S. president but said his speech on Cuba last week was a "formula for hunger."

In one of his periodic newspaper columns published in Communist Party newspaper Granma, Castro said he had "no personal rancor" toward Obama, but "if I defended him I would do a huge favor for his adversaries."

Obama, speaking before an influential Cuban-American group in Miami, said Cuba deprived its people of civil liberties and free elections, and vowed to maintain, with modifications, a 46-year-old U.S. trade embargo against the island.

Obama has called for lifting restrictions on travel to Cuba and the amount of money people in the United States can send to relatives in Cuba.

"Obama's speech can translate into a formula of hunger for the nation (Cuba), the remittances like alms and the visits to Cuba as propaganda for consumerism and the unsustainable lifestyle that he sustains."

Much More: http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2633744220080526

It might tax your thinking but give it a good read.

stephanie
05-26-2008, 09:38 PM
You got to give it to the Obambam..

He's got every terrorist group, and nutty dictator rooting for him to win..

How reassuring.

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I didn't take it that way, stevie.

You got to give it to the Obambam..

He's got every terrorist group, and nutty dictator rooting for him to win..

How reassuring.

Just how do you surmise that little piece of obviously inspired theology?