PDA

View Full Version : US Defends Imprisonment Of Children In Iraq

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 09:35 PM
War is war. Why can't they just admit it?

"GENEVA (AFP) - The United States on Wednesday defended its detention of around 500 minors in Iraq, saying it had developed an "extensively robust" programme to meet the special needs of child combatants.

"The US does detain juveniles that are encountered on the battlefield," said Sandra Hodgkinson, deputy assistant secretary at the Department of Defense.

"We go to great lengths when we do detain juveniles to recognise the special needs of the juvenile population and to provide them with a safe environment away from hostilities," she told journalists.

She said it was US policy to aim to detain minors for only one year, and that the military authorities had set up an "extensively robust" programme along with the Iraqi government to meet the detainees' educational and social needs."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080521/wl_mideast_afp/unusiraqprisonchildren_080521131319

Why can't kids just be kids anymore?

gabosaurus
05-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Wait until they take the kids swimming and give each of them a tailored "surf board."

ranger
05-26-2008, 11:02 PM
SO, did DU send you here to splat or did you escape all on your own?

gabosaurus
05-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I am banned from DU.
Unfortunately, the extreme right-wing element still embraces you.

ranger
05-26-2008, 11:28 PM
I am banned from DU.
Unfortunately, the extreme right-wing element still embraces you.

I was talking to the troll about DU. And no, the extreme right wing doesn't embrace me. I'm not a church going person and I think organized religion is a bunch of crap.

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't do DU, trouser patrol.

I was talking to the troll about DU. And no, the extreme right wing doesn't embrace me. I'm not a church going person and I think organized religion is a bunch of crap.

Wussa matta wit U? Did DU insult U in some way and now U want to take it out on me?

ranger
05-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't do DU, trouser patrol.

Wussa matta wit U? Did DU insult U in some way and now U want to take it out on me?

You're starting to slur your typing. Time for another round??

Psychoblues
05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Kids just ain't your thing, are they?

You're starting to slur your typing. Time for another round??

You don't care about them and I don't care much about any adult that can't care for the kids.

actsnoblemartin
05-27-2008, 01:04 AM
I dont see kids as special, anyone can pick up a gun and kill our troops

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 03:41 AM
I dont see kids as special, anyone can pick up a gun and kill our troops

Especially since they've been brain washed to kill infidels since they were three years old. They're trained killers, just like any other terrorist. They NEED to be locked up. Fuck their age.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2344/2527654880_dca672a802_o.jpg

PostmodernProphet
05-27-2008, 05:14 AM
I wonder if that is an Iranian grenade missile.....

bullypulpit
05-27-2008, 07:00 AM
I wonder if that is an Iranian grenade missile.....

In his <a href=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2008/05/iraq-the-elusiv.html>weekly briefing</a> on May 7th, Maj. Gen. Kevin Bergner was prepared to point out the weapons seized in Iraq that were of Iranian manufacture, until it was realized that there weren't any.

theHawk
05-27-2008, 08:10 AM
We imprison kids in our own country. Whats the big deal?

PostmodernProphet
05-27-2008, 09:11 AM
In his <a href=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2008/05/iraq-the-elusiv.html>weekly briefing</a> on May 7th, Maj. Gen. Kevin Bergner was prepared to point out the weapons seized in Iraq that were of Iranian manufacture, until it was realized that there weren't any.

the photo is of Palestinians, not Iraqis......

JERUSALEM: Seven Iranian weapons experts were seized yesterday in a raid by Fatah-affiliated security forces on the Islamic University, a Hamas stronghold in Gaza City.
Amid an escalation in the confrontation between Hamas and Fatah Palestinian factions, an eighth Iranian was reported to have committed suicide rather than be taken prisoner.

In addition to the Iranian personnel, the attackers claim to have captured about 1400 Kalashnikov rifles, as well as anti-tank missiles and rockets.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21161016-2703,00.html

Trigg
05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
War is war. Why can't they just admit it?

Why can't kids just be kids anymore?

These "kids" are planting bombs in the roads in order to KILL our troops. The US gov. is treating them the same way our police officers treat "kids" who murder people. They detain them.

The United States on Wednesday defended its detention of around 500 minors in Iraq, saying it had developed an "extensively robust" programme to meet the special needs of child combatants

Hodgkinson said that some of the minors held in Iraq had planted roadside bombs -- known as Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) in military parlance -- which targeted US and other foreign troops in the country

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 09:44 PM
If indoctrination of our children is your mantra, why don't you speak out more vociferously on the subject?

mundame
05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Banning is an act of ego of the banner.

No, it's more of a power play, isn't it?

That is, whoever has power will use it to kill their virtual enemies virtually.

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I didn't mean that as a topic of discussion, mundame.

No, it's more of a power play, isn't it?

That is, whoever has power will use it to kill their virtual enemies virtually.

I thought it was more obvious than that.

Thanks for the honest consideration.

actsnoblemartin
05-28-2008, 10:47 PM
thank you for making my point better then i could, the west has this illogical reverence for women and children when they are just as capable of killing our troops as men are, and we say we want women to be equal, but its sexist to think women are somehow less capable , as well as kids of killing people

Especially since they've been brain washed to kill infidels since they were three years old. They're trained killers, just like any other terrorist. They NEED to be locked up. Fuck their age.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2344/2527654880_dca672a802_o.jpg

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Promise me, martin, that you will not be alarmed in the reverse.

thank you for making my point better then i could, the west has this illogical reverence for women and children when they are just as capable of killing our troops as men are, and we say we want women to be equal, but its sexist to think women are somehow less capable , as well as kids of killing people

I hope you don't think the ambitions of our own aren't somehow superior to the equally crazy renditions of other foriegn entanglements. I am totally flustered with the cheerleading from those who either will not or can not sacrifice themselves for such an "American" cause. Know what I mean?

actsnoblemartin
05-28-2008, 11:10 PM
the reverse, what are you talking about?
Promise me, martin, that you will not be alarmed in the reverse.

I hope you don't think the ambitions of our own aren't somehow superior to the equally crazy renditions of other foriegn entanglements.

again, what are you talking about?

I am totally flustered with the cheerleading from those who either will not or can not sacrifice themselves for such an "American" cause. Know what I mean?

I have no idea what your talking about.

I dont wanna be a dick, but can you be a little more direct, I feel like your beating around the bush, and im a shoot from the hip, direct kinda guy.

I love you man, but im confused, please cut me some slack.

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm not beating around the bush, martin. The fire is in the bush and I ain't for it setting my house ablaze, can you dig it?

the reverse, what are you talking about?

I have no idea what your talking about.

I dont wanna be a dick, but can you be a little more direct, I feel like your beating around the bush, and im a shoot from the hip, direct kinda guy.

I love you man, but im confused, please cut me some slack.

When American women and children cast bombs upon those they suggest as oppressors will you be so kind? That is a simple enough question, isn't it?