PDA

View Full Version : Gunfire At California Church

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 09:43 PM
So much for the California gun laws.

"A man with a rifle opened fire near a church Saturday morning in the San Fernando Valley and wounded three people, Los Angeles police said.

The intended victim was the gunman's 30-year-old ex-girlfriend, according to CNN affiliate KTLA. The ex-girlfriend was struck in the shoulder and is in stable condition at a local hospital, KTLA reported.

A second victim was in stable condition and a third was in critical condition, Los Angeles police spokeswoman Norma Eisenman said.

The man in critical condition was shot in the chest. He is 45. Another man, 47, was struck in the leg and is in stable condition, reported KTLA.

-----

The suspect was reloading his weapon when he was tackled by several witnesses who were volunteers at the church festival. The shooter put up a fight, struggling and taunting people as they were trying to take him down. KTLA said the suspect and the weapon were taken into custody near the church, St. John Baptist de la Salle Parish in the Granada Hills area of Los Angeles."

More: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/17/church.shootings/index.html

The man was obsessed with the NRA and gun rights!!!!!!! Or maybe he is just nuts and has a gun?

Nate
05-27-2008, 03:25 AM
Well, imagine if Gumby hadn't signed SB23 and this psycho had been legally able to attach a "conspicuously-protruding" $0.99 plastic pistol grip onto his centerfire semiautomatic rifle! Not to mention a flash hider or collapsible buttstock! LOL

Thankfully Heller v. DC may end the insanity once and for all.

At the state level Hunt v. Lockyer may do a bit to curb CA's insane gun control laws in the interim.

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 09:48 PM
You seem to know a lot about the law, nazi nate.

Well, imagine if Gumby hadn't signed SB23 and this psycho had been legally able to attach a "conspicuously-protruding" $0.99 plastic pistol grip onto his centerfire semiautomatic rifle! Not to mention a flash hider or collapsible buttstock! LOL

Thankfully Heller v. DC may end the insanity once and for all.

At the state level Hunt v. Lockyer may do a bit to curb CA's insane gun control laws in the interim.

Please give us a comprehensible synopsis/explanation or do you just ignore the gun debate?

82Marine89
05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
The suspect was reloading his weapon when he was tackled by several witnesses who were volunteers at the church festival. The shooter put up a fight, struggling and taunting people as they were trying to take him down. KTLA said the suspect and the weapon were taken into custody near the church, St. John Baptist de la Salle Parish in the Granada Hills area of Los Angeles."

I wonder if they read the weapon its rights?

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I am lost in your humor, M'89.

I wonder if they read the weapon its rights?

Are you making light of a more serious subject or are you just fuckin' with me?

I love ya, marine, but I really don't think I am your type.

82Marine89
05-29-2008, 12:24 AM
I am lost in your humor, M'89.

Are you making light of a more serious subject or are you just fuckin' with me?

I love ya, marine, but I really don't think I am your type.

I'm making fun of the writing or should I say lack of writing skills of the author of this piece. I just feel that what is accepted as writing nowadays makes the case of why the government and unions should get out of the education business. If I were fucking with you, you'd know.

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 12:44 AM
I promise you, m'89, I knew.

I'm making fun of the writing or should I say lack of writing skills of the author of this piece. I just feel that what is accepted as writing nowadays makes the case of why the government and unions should get out of the education business. If I were fucking with you, you'd know.

Do you have anything more to say about the unions and government and generally Americans?

Is organization your problem or just anyone beyond your own comprehension?

manu1959
05-29-2008, 12:47 AM
I promise you, m'89, I knew.

Do you have anything more to say about the unions and government and generally Americans?

Is organization your problem or just anyone beyond your own comprehension?

if you have a govt and regulations is a union necessary.........and vice versa.....

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Do what, m'59?

if you have a govt and regulations is a union necessary.........and vice versa.....

Man, you gotta lay off the dope and give it at least an honest attempt, don't 'cha know?

manu1959
05-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Do what, m'59?
Man, you gotta lay off the dope and give it at least an honest attempt, don't 'cha know?

accusations of others may in fact be guilt of ones self.....

none the less....unions were created to protect workers when the government would not.....now that we have osha.....employment laws and minimum and fair wage laws....are unions still necessary....are they not redundant....

hjmick
05-29-2008, 01:21 AM
I see nothing in the article you linked that mentions his obsession with the NRA and gun rights. Is this a conclusion you drew yourself, or do you have a link to another more in depth piece that explains the man's "obsession?"

California has the most restrictive gun laws in the country. The Brady Campaign ranks California number one for it's gun laws. And yet there are probably just as many, if not more, criminals in posession of guns in this state than there are legal gun owners. What does that tell you about strict gun control laws? It tells me that, no matter how strict the laws, the bad guys will still find a way to get a gun. No matter what.

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Obviously you think they are redundant. I don't agree and I suggest you post your observations of the redundancies.

accusations of others may in fact be guilt of ones self.....

none the less....unions were created to protect workers when the government would not.....now that we have osha.....employment laws and minimum and fair wage laws....are unions still necessary....are they not redundant....

Are common workers less worthy of organization than the powers that have reduced our national media from 187 owners to just 6 owners? Not to mention the effects of the Walmarts and Federated Stores in the retail world? Have you no sense of bearing in what is sensible and what is not as the American confluence of world domination aspiration that tends to grow itself?

The question is comprehensive and I seriously doubt that you can give it an honest answer and I am confident that you don't desire to do so. Such is life in America.

5stringJeff
05-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I see nothing in the article you linked that mentions his obsession with the NRA and gun rights. Is this a conclusion you drew yourself, or do you have a link to another more in depth piece that explains the man's "obsession?"

California has the most restrictive gun laws in the country. The Brady Campaign ranks California number one for it's gun laws. And yet there are probably just as many, if not more, criminals in posession of guns in this state than there are legal gun owners. What does that tell you about strict gun control laws? It tells me that, no matter how strict the laws, the bad guys will still find a way to get a gun. No matter what.

Agreed. The only thing that California's gun laws prevented was innocent citizens from defending themselves with equal firepower.

crin63
06-09-2008, 10:38 PM
I live 30 minutes from there and didn't even here about it until I read this thread.
FYI, it was .22 cal semi-auto rifle. I read 3 or 4 articles and found no mention of the NRA. 3 shots were fired and he had 20 rounds of ammo with him.

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I suppose you'll next tell me the gun was somehow "snatched" from his momma's purse and she had every right to carry it? Pitiful.

crin63
06-10-2008, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=Psychoblues;258555]I suppose you'll next tell me the gun was somehow "snatched" from his momma's purse and she had every right to carry it? Pitifu

What are you talking about?

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Gun control. What are you talking about?