PDA

View Full Version : The film "Recount" draws protests from Democrats

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Maybe they're on to something?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"Wounds from the Florida recount, still healing for many Democrats, are being ripped open again for some prominent former advisers to Al Gore. They say that a coming HBO film dramatizing the ballot battle after the 2000 election unfairly blames them for the Democrats’ failure to secure the White House.

Warren Christopher, the former secretary of state who served as the public face of the Gore team in the early days of the recount effort, said this week that he believed the film, “Recount,” was “pure fiction” in its portrayal of him as a weak strategist unprepared to stand up to the aggressive tactics of James A. Baker III, the former secretary of state who was the chief Republican adviser.

William M. Daley, Mr. Gore’s campaign chairman, who helped to lead the Democratic recount team in Florida, said the film created misperceptions about the Gore team’s decision-making process. Mr. Gore, who oversaw the team from Washington, is largely absent from the film.

Even Mr. Baker questioned the portrayal of Mr. Christopher. “I don’t think I was as ruthless as the movie portrays me, and I know he was not as wimpish as it makes him appear,” Mr. Baker said."..............

Much More: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/14/arts/television/14reco.html?_r=2&8dpc&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Could have been different, don't you know?

stephanie
05-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh my gawd..I'm dying of laughter..:dance:

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
And I imagine you're still pissin' in your drawers, stevie.

Oh my gawd..I'm dying of laughter..:dance:

The film hasn't made it's way to Alaska has it? Have you seen it? I doubt it.

ranger
05-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Maybe they're on to something?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"Wounds from the Florida recount, still healing for many Democrats, are being ripped open again for some prominent former advisers to Al Gore. They say that a coming HBO film dramatizing the ballot battle after the 2000 election unfairly blames them for the Democrats’ failure to secure the White House.

Warren Christopher, the former secretary of state who served as the public face of the Gore team in the early days of the recount effort, said this week that he believed the film, “Recount,” was “pure fiction” in its portrayal of him as a weak strategist unprepared to stand up to the aggressive tactics of James A. Baker III, the former secretary of state who was the chief Republican adviser.

William M. Daley, Mr. Gore’s campaign chairman, who helped to lead the Democratic recount team in Florida, said the film created misperceptions about the Gore team’s decision-making process. Mr. Gore, who oversaw the team from Washington, is largely absent from the film.

Even Mr. Baker questioned the portrayal of Mr. Christopher. “I don’t think I was as ruthless as the movie portrays me, and I know he was not as wimpish as it makes him appear,” Mr. Baker said."..............

Much More: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/14/arts/television/14reco.html?_r=2&8dpc&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Could have been different, don't you know?

Who the fuck cares?

stephanie
05-26-2008, 10:27 PM
And I imagine you're still pissin' in your drawers, Stevie.

The film hasn't made it's way to Alaska has it? Have you seen it? I doubt it.

It was on two different HBO channels today..No matter, I wouldn't bother watching it, unless I need to be put to sleep..

But, the Democrats crying it puts them in a bad light...I snort..:laugh2:

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Me.

Who the fuck cares?

Who the fuck are you? Does your fuckin' vote count more than mine? Nice fuckin' talk, you fuckin' imbecile.

ranger
05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Me.

Whoopdee fucking do.

Who the fuck are you? Does your fuckin' vote count more than mine? Nice fuckin' talk, you fuckin' imbecile.

Yes it does, since the criminally insane aren't allowed to vote.

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I didn't figure that you'd seen it, actually, stevie.

It was on two different HBO channels today..No matter, I wouldn't bother watching it, unless I need to be put to sleep..

But, the Democrats crying it puts them in a bad light...I snort..:laugh2:

Wonder why the Dems are protesting it?

ranger
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
I didn't figure that you'd seen it, actually, stevie.

Try not to think, you're not very good at it.

Wonder why the Dems are protesting it?

Maybe they finally realized Bush isn't running for office so they had to dig up something about him to protest about.
Maybe their underwear is too tight and it makes the crabby.
Maybe they're not happy unless they're whining about something.

Once again, who gives a fuck?

manu1959
05-26-2008, 10:37 PM
i watched it .......the dems lost....four times....

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Tell me, trouser trooper, you haven't seen the film? Correct?

Try not to think, you're not very good at it.

Maybe they finally realized Bush isn't running for office so they had to dig up something about him to protest about.
Maybe their underwear is too tight and it makes the crabby.
Maybe they're not happy unless they're whining about something.

Once again, who gives a fuck?

Once again, I give a fuck and once again who the fuck do you think you are?

ranger
05-26-2008, 10:57 PM

Why should I? I was there for the real thing. I don't need a Hollyweird reenactment to tell me the Dems got their asses spanked.
Tell me, did you go see it multiple times in the hope that maybe this time the Dems would win?

I am the rational one. You are the dipshit troll splatting on the message board thinking you are the internet version of Errol Flynn when you're more like Daffy Duck. Yikes and away!

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Right now, you're the cat with the wild ass imagination.

Why should I? I was there for the real thing. I don't need a Hollyweird reenactment to tell me the Dems got their asses spanked.
Tell me, did you go see it multiple times in the hope that maybe this time the Dems would win?

I am the rational one. You are the dipshit troll splatting on the message board thinking you are the internet version of Errol Flynn when you're more like Daffy Duck. Yikes and away!

But, you ain't got nothin' on Daffy Duck.

ranger
05-26-2008, 11:13 PM
IS this the best you can do. You're boring the shit out of me. Even MFM is better at it then this and he sucks. Common, show me something before you bore me to death.

Fucking 2nd grader........

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Something tells me you are a rubberneck, danger ranger.

IS this the best you can do. You're boring the shit out of me. Even MFM is better at it then this and he sucks. Common, show me something before you bore me to death.

Fucking 2nd grader........

You have been fuckin' your own mouth all night now. When you get tired of suckin' yourself off you can just shut up.

Do you have anything objective, hell, I'll even take subjective, to say about "Recount" and the Dems protestations of it?

82Marine89
05-26-2008, 11:45 PM

Did you see the movie? Did it tell how Al Gore had the military vote thrown out?

stephanie
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Who needs to see movie..Just the article posted in the NYslimes about the Democrats WHINING how Recount makes THEM look bad......

Is snortworthy..:laugh2::cheers2:

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 11:52 PM
It didn't make that point, exactly.

Did you see the movie? Did it tell how Al Gore had the military vote thrown out?

Give me your version, OK?

82Marine89
05-26-2008, 11:56 PM
It didn't make that point, exactly.

So they rewrote history again?

Give me your version, OK?

He had the military absentee ballots tossed.

Psychoblues
05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
The film didn't make that point, M'89, and it would not have been useful to do so.

So they rewrote history again?

He had the military absentee ballots tossed.

Do you have any credible links to demonstrate your allegation is correct? I think you are mistaken and only dependant on incompetent and incomplete information.

ranger
05-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Of course he did, they would have all voted for Bush instead of another four years of Clinton's policies.

05-27-2008, 12:13 AM
The film didn't make that point, M'89, and it would not have been useful to do so.

Do you have any credible links to demonstrate your allegation is correct? I think you are mistaken and only dependant on incompetent and incomplete information.

were you not paying attention at all when it happened? It was all over the news.

That's why i think this movies such a joke. everyone saw how Al Gore tried to steal the election. Thankfully he failed.

Psychoblues
05-27-2008, 12:24 AM
The reichwing msm said plenty and apologized afterward.

were you not paying attention at all when it happened? It was all over the news.

That's why i think this movies such a joke. everyone saw how Al Gore tried to steal the election. Thankfully he failed.

Do you have any credible links?

82Marine89
05-27-2008, 12:28 AM

Because only Bush is bad.

Google is your friend.

Psychoblues
05-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Why is bush the only bad one?

Because only Bush is bad.
Google is your friend.

You are correct. Goggle is a friend of mine. Are you comprehensive?

PostmodernProphet
05-27-2008, 05:09 AM

Senator Lieberman, who appeared on five Sunday talk shows on November 19th was pressed to explain this. The Democrats were insisting that hand counting the ballots in four Democratic counties was required to insure that no ballots were rejected on technicalities if the intention of the voter was clear, but at the time they were insisting that ballots sent by servicemen overseas should be rejected if they lacked a postmark. Lieberman, who is supposed to be the moral pillar of the Democrats, waffled. He agreed that there should be no discrimination against military personnel, but he said it was not up to him to decide what to do about it.

Two days later, the Washington Times reported in a front-page story that in Duvall County, Democrats battled for 19 hours to maximize the rejection of military absentee ballots and succeeded in disqualifying ten percent of them. That included one where a Navy officer had written on the envelope that he could not get it postmarked on the ship he was on. That cost Bush 30 or 40 votes that he would need to offset the votes Gore is picking up in the hand counts being conducted to determine the intentions of the voters.

http://www.aim.org/media-monitor/military-absentee-ballot-flap/

red states rule
05-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Here is more on how members of the US military were under attack from Democrats to make sure their votes were not counted

Date: November 15, 2000
To: FDP Lawyer
Subject: Overseas Absentee Ballot Review and Protest

State and Federal law provides for the counting of "absentee qualified electors overseas" ballots for 10 days after the day of the election or until November 17, 2000. Sections 101.62(7)(a), Florida Statutes defines as "absentee qualified elector overseas" to mean members of the Armed Forces while in the service, members of the merchant marine of the United States and other citizens of the United States, who are permanent residents of the states and are temporarily residing outside of the territories of the United States and the Districts of Columbia. These "absent qualified electors overseas" must also be qualified and registered as provided by law.

You are being asked to review these overseas absentee ballots to make a determination whether acceptance by the supervisor of elections and/or the county canvassing board is legal under Florida law. A challenge to these ballots must be made prior to the time that the ballot is removed from the mailing envelope. The specific statutory requirement for processing the canvass of an absentee ballot including of overseas absentee ballot, are set forth in Section 101.62(2) (c)2. Florida Statutes:

If any elector or candidate present believes that an absentee ballot is illegal due to a defect apparent on the voter's certificate, he or she may at anytime before the ballot is removed from the envelope, file with the canvassing board a protest against the canvass of the ballot specifying the precinct, the ballot, and the reason he or she believes the ballot to be illegal. A challenge based upon a defect in the voterÕs certificate may not be accepted after the ballot has been removed from the mailing envelope.

The form of the voter's certificates on the absentee ballot is set forth in section 101.64(1), Florida Statutes. By statutory provisions, only overseas absentee ballots mailed with an APO, PPO, or foreign postmark shall be considered a ballot. See Section 101.62(7)(c). Florida Statutes.

In reviewing these ballots you should focus on the following:

1. Request for overseas ballots: Determine that the voter affirmatively requested an overseas ballot, and that the signature on the request for an overseas ballot matches the signature of the elector on the registration books to determine that the elector who requested the overseas ballot is the elector registered. See Section 101.62(4)(a), Florida Statutes.

2. The voter's signature: The ballot envelope must be signed by the voter. The signature of the elector as the voter's certificate should be compared with the signature of the elector of the signature on the registration books to determine that the elector who voted by ballot is the elector registered. See Section 101.68(c)x, Florida Statutes.

3. The ballot is properly witnessed: The absentee ballot envelope must be witnessed by a notary or an attesting witness over the age of eighteen years. You may note that these requirements vary from the statutory language from the Section 101.68(2)(c)1, Florida Statutes. Certain statutory requirements in that section were not proclaimed by the Justice Department pursuant to Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, Sec. DE 98-13.

4. The ballot is postmarked: With respect to absentee ballots mailed by absolute qualified electors overseas only those ballots mailed with an APO, PPO, or foreign postmark shall be considered valid. See Section 101.62(7)(c), Florida Statutes. This statutory provision varies from rule 15-2.013(7), Florida Administrative Code, which provides overseas absentee ballots may be accepted if "postmarked or signed and dated no later than the date of the federal election."

5. The elector has not already voted (duplicate ballot). In some instances, an absent qualified elector overseas may have received two absentee ballots and previously submitted another ballot. No elector is entitled to vote twice. (Please insert appropriate Fl. xxx.)

for the complete article

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:fWHsVsNXHSsJ:www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a18c3013fbe.htm+drudge+herron&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us&client=safari