PDA

View Full Version : McCain Defends Screwing Of Vets On Memorial Day

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Ain't nothing like a good peaceful war, is it?

"WASHINGTON — John McCain on Monday defended his plan for veterans' college benefits, as both the war hero and Democratic rival Barack Obama reached out to veterans on the Memorial Day holiday.

The issue has become a point of contention between the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting and Obama, the Democratic frontrunner who has slammed McCain for opposing a measure in the Senate. The two have squared off from a distance in recent days, at times with heated words.

Meanwhile, Obama's longshot rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Rodham Clinton, continued to campaign Monday in Puerto Rico. The U.S. territory's primary on June 1 is one of just three left as the intense battle for the Democratic race begun in January winds down.

In his remarks Monday, McCain made no direct mention of Obama but seemed to poke at him nonetheless. McCain said his was the right position rather than the politically expedient one, suggesting Obama was on the wrong side of the measure sponsored by Democratic Sen. Jim Webb."

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/26/mccain-defends-gi-bill-op_n_103594.html

There was a time I thought much more of him.

ranger
05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I doubt you do much thinking at all. TROLL!

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 10:44 PM
You got something to say about the article or are you just trollin' for some real dickin', ranger?

I doubt you do much thinking at all. TROLL!

I know you're a real sweetie but you don't have to be so damn obvious about it.

stephanie
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
I can't believe you're are bringing stuff from the Huffpost here and expect it to be taken seriously..
Like the title...McCain screwing over the vets..

Hard up?

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Nooooooo, stevie!!!!!!! What would make you think anything like that? The igloo was o.k.

I can't believe you're are bringing stuff from the Huffpost here and expect it to be taken seriously..
Like the title...McCain screwing over the vets..

Hard up?

McCain screwed over the vets. End of statement. Do you have anything to dispute it?

ranger
05-26-2008, 11:09 PM
You got something to say about the article or are you just trollin' for some real dickin', ranger?

Bring your bitch ass on, pussy boy. You can't have any real brains behind this or you'd post something better then huffpuff pieces. Your insults are something from the 2nd grade and your writing style lets me know you haven't made it through grade school yet.

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm trembling with fear, snatch face.

Bring your bitch ass on, pussy boy. You can't have any real brains behind this or you'd post something better then huffpuff pieces. Your insults are something from the 2nd grade and your writing style lets me know you haven't made it through grade school yet.

You are so much of a queer that you have nothing to say about the article and insist only on attacking me. I'm cool with that. You need to get in touch with yourself before engaging anything beyond yourself.

ranger
05-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm trembling with fear, snatch face.

I know.

You are so much of a queer that you have nothing to say about the article and insist only on attacking me. I'm cool with that. You need to get in touch with yourself before engaging anything beyond yourself.

I have nothing to say about the article because it, like you, are bullshit. I attack you because you're a troll, it's what you want, and I figured, what the hell, I'm bored.

So far though, you have been the worst troll I've ever dealt with. You haven't had any good lines and you seem to be operating on a 2nd grade insult level.

Psychoblues
05-26-2008, 11:36 PM
You suck, don't you know, trouser troll.

I know.
I have nothing to say about the article because it, like you, are bullshit. I attack you because you're a troll, it's what you want, and I figured, what the hell, I'm bored.
So far though, you have been the worst troll I've ever dealt with. You haven't had any good lines and you seem to be operating on a 2nd grade insult level.

I hope the administration is as entertained with you as I have been.

ranger
05-27-2008, 12:16 AM
You suck, don't you know, trouser troll.

This is so second grade. Next you'll tell me I have cooties.

I hope the administration is as entertained with you as I have been.

Now you're hoping for the principal to come to your rescue. Spend a lot of time in lockers during high school?

Psychoblues
05-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I suggested by way of an article that McCain screwed the troops.

This is so second grade. Next you'll tell me I have cooties.
Now you're hoping for the principal to come to your rescue. Spend a lot of time in lockers during high school?

I still believe he did and you have offered no debate or argument to change my opinion. You have only offered to attack me personally and in your juvenile mind you think that you have succeeded. Perhaps with some equally as ignorant and juvenile as yourself you have done so.

Have a good night, trouser troll.

actsnoblemartin
05-27-2008, 01:01 AM
I read it, and it has no mention of why mccain opposed the bill, what the bill actually is that he opposed, and what mccains bill would be

Ain't nothing like a good peaceful war, is it?

"WASHINGTON — John McCain on Monday defended his plan for veterans' college benefits, as both the war hero and Democratic rival Barack Obama reached out to veterans on the Memorial Day holiday.

The issue has become a point of contention between the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting and Obama, the Democratic frontrunner who has slammed McCain for opposing a measure in the Senate. The two have squared off from a distance in recent days, at times with heated words.

Meanwhile, Obama's longshot rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Rodham Clinton, continued to campaign Monday in Puerto Rico. The U.S. territory's primary on June 1 is one of just three left as the intense battle for the Democratic race begun in January winds down.

In his remarks Monday, McCain made no direct mention of Obama but seemed to poke at him nonetheless. McCain said his was the right position rather than the politically expedient one, suggesting Obama was on the wrong side of the measure sponsored by Democratic Sen. Jim Webb."

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/26/mccain-defends-gi-bill-op_n_103594.html

There was a time I thought much more of him.

theHawk
05-27-2008, 01:18 PM
How is it screwing over vets? Is he abolishing the Montgomery GI Bill?

Trigg
05-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Nooooooo, stevie!!!!!!! What would make you think anything like that? The igloo was o.k.

McCain screwed over the vets. End of statement. Do you have anything to dispute it?

He isn't trying to screw over the vets, did you read your own article???

He is simply saying the scholarships should be based on the length of time a person spends in the military. The longer you stay in the more money is given.

How is this any different than bonuses given at any other place of employment???????

However, McCain said he opposed Webb's measure because it would give the same benefit to everyone regardless of how many times he or she has enlisted. He said he feared that would depress reenlistments by those wanting to attend college after only a few years in uniform. McCain said the bill he favored would have increased scholarships based on length of service.

Classact
05-27-2008, 03:00 PM

Next week almost every Democrat in the House of Representatives will vote NO on the GI Bill that McCain doesn't like. The Democrats will kill the bill and they will have to start all over.

The Bill was created for Obama to use as campaign new lines. It has no, zero chance to become law because all of Obama's super duper delegates in the House of Representatives will vote NO. The Republicans need not vote since they had nothing to do with the GI Bill that was created solely by the Democrats. Democrats suck ass.

rppearso
05-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Next week almost every Democrat in the House of Representatives will vote NO on the GI Bill that McCain doesn't like. The Democrats will kill the bill and they will have to start all over.

The Bill was created for Obama to use as campaign new lines. It has no, zero chance to become law because all of Obama's super duper delegates in the House of Representatives will vote NO. The Republicans need not vote since they had nothing to do with the GI Bill that was created solely by the Democrats. Democrats suck ass.

Thats why its better to go to college right out of high school while you are still dirt ass poor and apply for FAFSA and actually get a meaningful amount of the pie, take out some student loans and contribute your part to the national debt after all this nation does not take education very seriously. What ever new GI bill they come out with should not depend on time in service, it never did in WW2 why should it now, my boss payed for his ENTIRE education plus a stipend with the GI bill in the 40's and he was in for 2 years (he volunteered to avoid being drafted) with no combat time and opted out when the war was over, the programs they have now are a sham.

manu1959
05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
giving a blanket three years for one tour would only cause soliders to quit and a sliding scale of years of education for years served makes sense and is a touch more fair....in a time of war......