PDA

View Full Version : Dead Troops Remembered by President Who Had Them Killed

red states rule
05-27-2008, 10:14 AM
The kook left always looks for and finds a way to attack Pres Bush - even on the holiday where America honors those who gave their lives defending the country

Dead Troops Remembered By President Who Had Them Killed

Yes, that's a harsh headline for this piece.

But I'll ask you to forgive me because, as a Veteran, there isn't a day on the calendar that causes my hatred -- and I do indeed mean hatred -- of George W. Bush to bubble over the top more than Memorial Day.

"On Memorial Day, we honor the heroes who have laid down their lives in the cause of freedom, resolve that they will forever be remembered by a grateful Nation, and pray that our country may always prove worthy of the sacrifices they have made," reads Bush's official Memorial Day proclamation, issued by the White House on Thursday.

The Chickenhawk-in Chief says a lot of things that make this Vet's blood boil but stuff like saying that he prays "...that our country may always prove worthy of the sacrifices they have made" is almost vomit inducing.

This statement comes from the same man who himself began dishonoring the sacrifices of all Veterans in such huge ways in March of 2003, when he invaded Iraq behind a veil of lies and deceit and started spilling barrels of military and civilian blood to start a war with a country that posed no threat whatsoever to our national security. These stirring words of remembrance come from an administration that began with a stolen election in 2000, which goes entirely against what I was taught way back when I was in the U.S. Navy, which was that part of the "way of life" we were protecting was symbolized by the ability of all of our citizens to have their votes counted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-geiger/dead-troops-remembered-by_b_103549.html

dread
05-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I didnt read the rest of the article but does the author talk about how President Clinton got 19 Americans killed in Somalia in October of 1993?

red states rule
05-27-2008, 10:27 AM
I didnt read the rest of the article but does the author talk about how President Clinton got 19 Americans killed in Somalia in October of 1993?

Of course not. Liberals still suffer from Bush Derangement Syndrome, and can't contian their insane hate for the man who beat them twice at the ballot box