PDA

View Full Version : Obama: My uncle liberated … Auschwitz?

red states rule
05-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Someone should tell Barry the Soviets liberated Auschwitz. Seems barry is trying to make up a story to cover his ass over his long line of gaffes he has made recently

Obama: My uncle liberated … Auschwitz? Update: No mention in 2002 speech; Update: Video added; Update: New videoposted at 10:54 am on May 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Obama also spoke about his uncle, who was part of the American brigade that helped to liberate Auschwitz. He said the family legend is that, upon returning from war, his uncle spent six months in an attic. “Now obviously, something had really affected him deeply, but at that time there just weren’t the kinds of facilities to help somebody work through that kind of pain,” Obama said. “That’s why this idea of making sure that every single veteran, when they are discharged, are screened for post-traumatic stress disorder and given the mental health services that they need – that’s why it’s so important.”

Follow the last link to Ace’s site for a reminder of who did the liberating at Auschwitz. I notice that the Auschwitz part of Obama’s remarks isn’t quoted, which made me suspect that he hadn’t specified the camp at all and the reporter had sloppily jumped to conclusions. Not so: WaPo’s account also mentions Auschwitz (although again without directly quoting him). The charitable explanation is that he simply mistook which camp it was that his uncle helped liberate — Patton’s army, for example, liberated Buchenwald and Mauthausen — but according to Obama it was his grandfather who marched with Patton, not his uncle. (Or was his uncle in the Third Army too?) The uncharitable explanation — well, follow the link to See-Dub for that. I don’t think Obama’s crazy/Hillaryesque enough to make up a story like this whole cloth knowing what the consequences would be if he got caught, but there is a parallel with the Tuzla debacle here insofar as it’s never a good idea to float a powerful personal story that hasn’t been thoroughly fact-checked. Exit question: Barry’s got some interesting theories about World War II, huh?

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/05/27/obama-my-grandfather-liberated-auschwitz/

glockmail
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
If McCain did that he's be accused of having Auschwitzheimer's.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 02:37 PM
If McCain did that he's be accused of having Auschwitzheimer's.

Obama's tale reminds me of Hillary's sniper fire tale

glockmail
05-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Obama's tale reminds me of Hillary's sniper fire tale
Maybe his uncle was just a typical white person who can't be trusted. So its not Obama's fault; his white uncle either told the story wrong or flat out lied.

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 02:44 PM
So Dan Quayle misspelled potato and was criticized for it to no end. hussein tells some WHOPPER of LIE and I don't hear SHIT from the MSM.... no.... they're not biased. hussein isn't their messiah.... :uhoh:

red states rule
05-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Maybe his uncle was just a typical white person who can't be trusted. So its not Obama's fault; his white uncle either told the story wrong or flat out lied.

Or it depends on the meaning of "liberated" Maybe the uncle was in the second or third wave of liberators

glockmail
05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
So Dan Quayle misspelled potato and was criticized for it to no end. hussein tells some WHOPPER of LIE and I don't hear SHIT from the MSM.... no.... they're not biased. hussein isn't their messiah.... :uhoh:
Be fair Pale. He was raised by typical white people, so can't be held responsible for facts as they relate to his family. :poke:

red states rule
05-27-2008, 02:48 PM

It will be fun to watch the Obama worshippers try to spin this lie. Or will they avoid this thread all together?

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Be fair Pale. He was raised by typical white people, so can't be held responsible for facts as they relate to his family. :poke:
Oh well rest assured, no one drinking their daily dose of hussein kool aid will say shit... like mfm.

It will be fun to watch the Obama worshippers try to spin this lie. Or will they avoid this thread all together?
Hannity is talking about it now. But so far, there is TONS of CRAP already out there on hussein, yet the liberal moonbats are so bent on getting a liberal into the White House, THEY JUST DON'T CARE, HE COULD BE HITLER INCARNATE, AND IT WOULDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE! They want a liberal in the White House and FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE! How STUPID can people actually be? Well... I guess I already answered that didn't I.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh well rest assured, no one drinking their daily dose of hussein kool aid will say shit... like mfm.

Hannity is talking about it now. But so far, there is TONS of CRAP already out there on hussein, yet the liberal moonbats are so bent on getting a liberal into the White House, THEY JUST DON'T CARE, HE COULD BE HITLER INCARNATE, AND IT WOULDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE! They want a liberal in the White House and FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE! How STUPID can people actually be? Well... I guess I already answered that didn't I.

It looks like we have a black version of Bill Clinton Pale

actsnoblemartin
05-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Barry thinks he created the internet too

:lol:

Someone should tell Barry the Soviets liberated Auschwitz. Seems barry is trying to make up a story to cover his ass over his long line of gaffes he has made recently

Obama: My uncle liberated … Auschwitz? Update: No mention in 2002 speech; Update: Video added; Update: New videoposted at 10:54 am on May 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Obama also spoke about his uncle, who was part of the American brigade that helped to liberate Auschwitz. He said the family legend is that, upon returning from war, his uncle spent six months in an attic. “Now obviously, something had really affected him deeply, but at that time there just weren’t the kinds of facilities to help somebody work through that kind of pain,” Obama said. “That’s why this idea of making sure that every single veteran, when they are discharged, are screened for post-traumatic stress disorder and given the mental health services that they need – that’s why it’s so important.”

Follow the last link to Ace’s site for a reminder of who did the liberating at Auschwitz. I notice that the Auschwitz part of Obama’s remarks isn’t quoted, which made me suspect that he hadn’t specified the camp at all and the reporter had sloppily jumped to conclusions. Not so: WaPo’s account also mentions Auschwitz (although again without directly quoting him). The charitable explanation is that he simply mistook which camp it was that his uncle helped liberate — Patton’s army, for example, liberated Buchenwald and Mauthausen — but according to Obama it was his grandfather who marched with Patton, not his uncle. (Or was his uncle in the Third Army too?) The uncharitable explanation — well, follow the link to See-Dub for that. I don’t think Obama’s crazy/Hillaryesque enough to make up a story like this whole cloth knowing what the consequences would be if he got caught, but there is a parallel with the Tuzla debacle here insofar as it’s never a good idea to float a powerful personal story that hasn’t been thoroughly fact-checked. Exit question: Barry’s got some interesting theories about World War II, huh?

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/05/27/obama-my-grandfather-liberated-auschwitz/

red states rule
05-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Or blackjack?

red states rule
05-27-2008, 03:14 PM

Pale, even Obama's home town newspaper is getting worried about Barry's stupid comments

Obama's gaffes start to pile up
One stump line sounds similar to John Edwards'

Consider the items that have been accumulating since Obama announced on Feb. 10:

• Marking the anniversary of the March 1965 "Bloody Sunday" in Selma, Ala., Obama, speaking at a church, said his parents got together "because of what happened in Selma." Obama was born in 1961.

• Obama told Larry King on CNN -- asked about that anti-Hillary Rodham Clinton YouTube ad, a doctored version of a spot created for Apple computers -- "We don't have the technical capacity to create something like that."

Obama did not know what he was talking about. Any professional media consultant can manipulate images on video. Turns out the creator -- unmasked last week as a political operative who worked for a firm overseeing the technical side of Obama's Web site -- made it at home on a Mac.

• Obama, asked if homosexuality was immoral, in the wake of comments by Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Peter Pace, sidestepped the question. After pressure from gay groups, Obama issued a statement stating he did not agree with Pace "that homosexuality is immoral."

for more on Barry's gaffes

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/316024,CST-NWS-sweet28.article

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 03:22 PM
It looks like we have a black version of Bill Clinton Pale

He's even worse than bubba pard. At least I think clinton was an intelligent person. A liberal ass wad, but an intelligent liberal ass wad. This little dog eared moron hussein is just a pathetic liberal, racist, lying, empty suit, and you have to be incredibly ignorant to support him!

red states rule
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
He's even worse than bubba pard. At least I think clinton was an intelligent person. A liberal ass wad, but an intelligent liberal ass wad. This little dog eared moron hussein is just a pathetic liberal, racist, lying, empty suit, and you have to be incredibly ignorant to support him!

When I think of Bill Clinton I think of a liar - that is what I was saying. But you are right, you have pegged Obama perfectly

And yes, you have to be ignorant, and a lackey, to support him

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
When I think of Bill Clinton I think of a liar - that is what I was saying. But you are right, you have pegged Obama perfectly

And yes, you have to be ignorant, and a lackey, to support him

Now imagine... there's FIVE MONTHS TO GO to November, and at this rate, hussein is going to be BURIED in his own DIRT, but judging by the BLIND FOLLOWING hussein has, I'll tell ya... and mccain is a lame duck... this election is going to be REAL interesting... we just may see a third party candidate come REAL close to the White House this year. I'd jump with joy if he won. I'm 90% sure I'll be voting for Bob Barr/Wayne Root.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Now imagine... there's FIVE MONTHS TO GO to November, and at this rate, hussein is going to be BURIED in his own DIRT, but judging by the BLIND FOLLOWING hussein has, I'll tell ya... and mccain is a lame duck... this election is going to be REAL interesting... we just may see a third party candidate come REAL close to the White House this year. I'd jump with joy if he won. I'm 90% sure I'll be voting for Bob Barr/Wayne Root.

Obama worshippers will need a backhoe to dig him out. Do they have backhoes for sale in Maine?

theHawk
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I think its pretty pathetic that the closest Obama has to any military roots is his grandpappy or an uncle, and even then has to lie about their deeds. Is he trying to earn respect through their deeds?

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I think its pretty pathetic that the closest Obama has to any military roots is his grandpappy or an uncle, and even then has to lie about their deeds. Is he trying to earn respect through their deeds?

Next up, Obama will claim his uncle will helped Ann Frank wrote her diary

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 04:18 PM

Did he even have an uncle in the military? I can't find any proof he did.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Did he even have an uncle in the military? I can't find any proof he did.

I thought Obama did not want anything to do with his mom's white side of the family - now he wants to embrance them

Yurt
05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
i'm sorry, but i find this thread and the posters posting in it to be .......... racist. you just hate the fact that a black man might be president and anything you say negative about him proves you are racist....

:laugh2:

figured i would write it before someone else does

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:56 PM
i'm sorry, but i find this thread and the posters posting in it to be .......... racist. you just hate the fact that a black man might be president and anything you say negative about him proves you are racist....

You have a point Yurt. Maybe Obama's uncle was a Soviet officer. It would explain his views on government, the economy, friendships, and racist attitude

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 04:57 PM

I thought I was racist because I am a white, Christian, male. According to the liberals, we're the only ones that CAN be racist.

Yurt
05-27-2008, 05:07 PM
You have a point Yurt. Maybe Obama's uncle was a Soviet officer. It would explain his views on government, the economy, friendships, and racist attitude

i think marx is his uncle

I thought I was racist because I am a white, Christian, male. According to the liberals, we're the only ones that CAN be racist.

its true, whitey is a bitter typical gun toting religious freak according to the antichrist obama...

red states rule
05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
i think marx is his uncle

its true, whitey is a bitter typical gun toting religious freak according to the antichrist obama...

and Bill Ayers can be a foreign policy advisor

namvet
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
and he doesn't know the name of the uncle???? well jezz i know mines name. do you???

red states rule
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
and he doesn't know the name of the uncle???? well jezz i know mines name. do you???

Maybe he only knows him as Uncle Whitey

Yurt
05-27-2008, 05:17 PM

last name = under the bus

uncle whitey under the bus

red states rule
05-27-2008, 05:19 PM
last name = under the bus

uncle whitey under the bus

Or could it be he slept through all the family history stories, as he did all of Wright's sermons

Yurt
05-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Or could it be he slept through all the family history stories, as he did all of Wright's sermons

:lol: thats the ticket, he never knew about those things, nope, never

Pale Rider
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM

......... :lol: ......... :lmao:........... :laugh:

Thanks.... just about shot Pepsi all over my keyboard.... :clap:

stephanie
05-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I still say..for someone who went to Harvard.

The BOY WONDER is as dumb as a rock.

Yurt
05-27-2008, 05:32 PM

don't forget he is half white

red states rule
05-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Hey if Al Gore can invent the internet, global warming, and be the insporation to Love Story,Obama can invent an alternate reality to history and seven extra states.

namvet
05-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Obama Campaign Scrambles to Correct the Record on Uncle’s War Service:

There were two obvious problems with the tale: Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviet Army, and Obama’s American mother was an only child.

another doink

correction please (correction please)

red states rule
05-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Obama Campaign Scrambles to Correct the Record on Uncle’s War Service:

another doink

correction please (correction please)

These are not gaffes by Obama - they are outright lies. The liberal media is giving him a huge pass, and it is an outrage this story is not getting more play

glockmail
05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
In all fairness I think this is no big deal. It's pretty common in my own family to describe a great-uncle as an "uncle" and to get historical stories confused. Sure he's a Prz candidate and ought to get these things straight before he opens his mouth, but this just proves that he's a bit of an idiot. The RNC will be wise to let this drop, and save it for McCain's next gaffe.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 06:43 PM
In all fairness I think this is no big deal. It's pretty common in my own family to describe a great-uncle as an "uncle" and to get historical stories confused. Sure he's a Prz candidate and ought to get these things straight before he opens his mouth, but this just proves that he's a bit of an idiot. The RNC will be wise to let this drop, and save it for McCain's next gaffe.

Well I have to admit my uncle was the first man to walk on the moon

It that a gaffe or a lie?

He told me it was a wonderful site to look down on all 57 states from space

Kathianne
05-28-2008, 04:08 AM

That was my initial take too, then I saw this, there are links to his published speech, when he wasn't so tired:

http://www.transterrestrial.com/archives/2008/05/its_nothing_new.html

It's Nothing New

Thanks to a link from one of my Obama-admiring commenters (thank you, Robert), we learn that Obama's tales of Americans liberating Auschwitz didn't start this weekend. He was telling similar stories about his grandfather back in 2002, in his now-famous Iraq speech, which I'd never previously read:

My grandfather signed up for a war the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, fought in Patton's army. He saw the dead and dying across the fields of Europe; he heard the stories of fellow troops who first entered Auschwitz and Treblinka.

The first troops to enter those two camps (in Poland) were Soviet troops, so unless Patton was leading them, this can't be true.

As I noted in comments, you'd think that if he's going to be telling these kinds of stories, he'd at least attempt to make them plausible (e.g., Dachau and Buchenwald). My guess is that he's unfamiliar with the actual history of the war, and just invoked two of the most notorious camp names to make his point. Whether his grandfather (or "uncle") actually told him tales of concentration camps will probably never be known....

red states rule
05-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Maybe the Obama spin team will come out and say Barry was talking about Uncle Sam. After all he is everybody's uncle, right?

retiredman
05-28-2008, 05:45 AM
great uncle...

Buchenwald

red states rule
05-28-2008, 05:52 AM
great uncle...

Buchenwald

So an Ivy League educated lawyer does not know the difference between an uncle and a great uncle; or Auschwitz from Buchenwald?

glockmail
05-28-2008, 06:01 AM
That was my initial take too, then I saw this, there are links to his published speech, when he wasn't so tired:

http://www.transterrestrial.com/archives/2008/05/its_nothing_new.html Thanks for setting me straight. This shows me that he's a congenital liar, just as much as Hillary, and for the same reasons.

retiredman
05-28-2008, 06:02 AM
So an Ivy League educated lawyer does not know the difference between an uncle and a great uncle; or Auschwitz from Buchenwald?
and this is a big deal.....why? the story was about his relative's reaction that, in another time, would have clearly been diagnosed as PTSD.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 06:04 AM
Thanks for setting me straight. This shows me that he's a congenital liar, just as much as Hillary, and for the same reasons.

Wrong relative: Great Uncle, he has no uncle

Wrong country: Germany or Poland

Wrong camp: Auschwitz or Buchenwald

Wrong time to miss speak about complex family military operations.

Wrong man for Commander in Chief

retiredman
05-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Wrong relative: Great Uncle, he has no uncle

Wrong country: Germany or Poland

Wrong camp: Auschwitz or Buchenwald

Wrong time to miss speak about complex family military operations.

Wrong man for Commander in Chief

that is certainly your opinion.... who is the right man for YOU this year?

red states rule
05-28-2008, 06:10 AM
that is certainly your opinion.... who is the right man for YOU this year?

No opinion - Barry lied like hell and got everything wrong as well

You make a lot of noise but clearly have nothing to say.

You enjoy the extension of exaggerations, lies and the twisting of words and meanings to meet your constant seek and destroy on those who call your boy on his lies and lieralism

Please let us all know when you will be ready to place country over agenda, and truth over lies.

retiredman
05-28-2008, 06:15 AM
No opinion - Barry lied like hell and got everything wrong as well

You make a lot of noise but clearly have nothing to say.

You enjoy the extension of exaggerations, lies and the twisting of words and meanings to meet your constant seek and destroy on those who call your boy on his lies and lieralism

Please let us all know when you will be ready to place country over agenda, and truth over lies.

It is because of my deep and abiding love for my country, that I believe that the agenda expressed in the democratic party platform will result in the best possible future for my country. I always place truth over lies.

Obama misspoke about minor details that do not alter the point of his statement. That is not a LIE.

and you avoided the question: who is the right man for YOU this year?

red states rule
05-28-2008, 06:16 AM
It is because of my deep and abiding love for my country, that I believe that the agenda expressed in the democratic party platform will result in the best possible future for my country. I always place truth over lies.

Obama misspoke about minor details that do not alter the point of his statement. That is not a LIE.

This is a very good example why one should never lie because it is so easy to get the facts mixed-up

You should know that first hand

GW in Ohio
05-28-2008, 07:36 AM
I'd like to get past all this personal horsecrap. Both Obama and McCain have stuff in their past that their opponents can use to attack them, and it's mostly just the old political game of "Gotcha!"

I'd like to start off with the assumption that they're both decent, honorable men and compare them on the issues.

I don't believe the Republicans will want to do that, though.

retiredman
05-28-2008, 07:44 AM
I'd like to get past all this personal horsecrap. Both Obama and McCain have stuff in their past that their opponents can use to attack them, and it's mostly just the old political game of "Gotcha!"

I'd like to start off with the assumption that they're both decent, honorable men and compare them on the issues.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you! At DP, its dem/lib/Obama bashing 24/7!:laugh2:

glockmail
05-28-2008, 08:00 AM

I don't believe the Republicans will want to do that, though. "Stuff in their past" is important, as it relates to character. We want to know, not simply assume, that the candidates are decent, honorable men.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 08:05 AM

So let me see if I have this straight,

we can't mention Obama's middle name

we can't talk about his many racist statements he has made in speeches and in his books

we can't call him a liberal

we can't talk about his wife when she makes hateful and racist comments

we't talk about Obama's racist and terrorists friends

we can't talk about Obama's socialist views

we can't talk about the lies, and embellishments

we can't talk about his recent string of gaffes

So what can we talk about?

PostmodernProphet
05-28-2008, 08:09 AM

so let me see if I understand this....Obama was attempting to communicate that he understood the sacrifice that those who have served in this country have made, because some guy he can't remember right did something he didn't recall correctly......I would say he managed to communicate something to veterans about how he feels about their sacrifice deep down in his heart....."yeah, some guy.....I think he was related to me somehow.....and he did something in some war.....and it really affected him deeply......so you can be assured that I will remember all of you just as well as I did that guy who was related to me somehow and what you did in some war, too".........

Hagbard Celine
05-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Who cares? You morons have been so tied up in the semantics of Obama's illustration that you've missed the point: He wants to give soldiers more medical/psych benefits. What's not to like? I wouldn't care if he said his grandfather spent six months in a bunker on the Death Star--he's offering our fighting men and women more benefits.
You guys would find something to b*tch about no matter what he says.

GW in Ohio
05-28-2008, 08:17 AM

we can't talk about his many racist statements he has made in speeches and in his books

Sure you can do all that. Knock yourself out.

I will agree that character is an issue, but once we make a candidate's character fair game, it opens the door to all kinds of nasty, snide, underhanded and unwarranted insinuations and attacks.

But wait.....

That's the Republicans' stock in trade.

namvet
05-28-2008, 08:24 AM
maybe someday he can take a trip to Auschwitz and see it for himself. even better would be a trip to Iraq.

glockmail
05-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Who cares? You morons have been so tied up in the semantics of Obama's illustration that you've missed the point: He wants to give soldiers more medical/psych benefits. What's not to like? I wouldn't care if he said his grandfather spent six months in a bunker on the Death Star--he's offering our fighting men and women more benefits.
You guys would find something to b*tch about no matter what he says.
Wow. A liberal offeering benefits to garner support. What do you expect Obama to do?

When I first heard this I thought "no biggie" as well, but, as Kate showed earlier, he's been pulling this line since 2002. It's about time he got called on it.

glockmail
05-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Sure you can do all that. Knock yourself out.

I will agree that character is an issue, but once we make a candidate's character fair game, it opens the door to all kinds of nasty, snide, underhanded and unwarranted insinuations and attacks.

But wait.....

That's the Republicans' stock in trade.

Great irony there.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 08:32 AM

You mean like the truth about what Obama says, does, stands for, and who he has a friends?

red states rule
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I wonder if the libs would be no tolerant if all the gaffes Obama have fgiven us came from a Republican?

Barack Potatoe Obama?

Imagine that John McCain named a young running mate to campaign with him, and this national rookie suggested America had 58 states, repeatedly used the wrong names for the cities he was visiting, and honored a Memorial Day crowd by acknowledging the "fallen heroes" who were present, somehow alive and standing in the audience. How long would it take for the national media to see another Dan Quayle caricature? Let’s raise the stakes. What if it was the GOP presidential candidate making these thoroughly ridiculous comments? This scenario is very real, except it isn’t McCain. It’s the other fellow.

ABC reporter Jake Tapper follows politicians around for a living. On his blog, he suggested Barack Obama has a problem: "The man has been a one-man gaffe machine."

Just in the last few days, in Sunrise, Florida, Obama said, "How's it going, Sunshine?" He did the same thing in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, calling it "Sioux City." Some of his geographic struggles seem calculated. When asked why Hillary Clinton trounced him in Kentucky, Obama claimed "I'm not very well known in that part of the country...Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it's not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle." But Obama’s home state of Illinois is more than "near" Kentucky – it borders Kentucky.

In Oregon, there was a doozy. Obama said of his long campaign, "I’ve been in fifty-seven states, I think, one left to go." No one in the press made much of this. As former ABC political reporter Marc Ambinder, now with the Atlantic Monthly magazine, admitted: "But if John McCain did this — if he mistakenly said he’d visited 57 states — the media would be all up in his grill, accusing him of a senior moment." If you doubt him, remember how most media outlets noted, then underlined McCain’s error about al-Qaeda being trained and funded by Iran.

In New Mexico, Obama suggested he was like a young Haley Joel Osment in "The Sixth Sense," with the ability to see dead people: "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong." Fallen heroes in the audience? Is this Barack Potatoe Obama? This is precisely the kind of misstatement that Dan Quayle-bashers would run ad infinitum

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2008/05/27/bozell-column-barack-potatoe-obama

theHawk
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I wonder if the libs would be no tolerant if all the gaffes Obama have fgiven us came from a Republican?

Barack has the gift that keeps on giving - the mouth of a liberal. All he has to do is keep opening up his yapper and it will provide us with golden nuggets over the campaign season.

Trigg
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM

I keep saying that the MSM picked him as their guy from the very beginning, going so far as to slam everything Hillary says.

They're in love with this guy and will do anything to see him elected. Including ignoring his associations with racists and anti-semits, ignoring the fact that he has no experience and ignoring any gaff he might make while blowing up any mistake made by another.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I keep saying that the MSM picked him as their guy from the very beginning, going so far as to slam everything Hillary says.

They're in love with this guy and will do anything to see him elected. Including ignoring his associations with racists and anti-semits, ignoring the fact that he has no experience and ignoring any gaff he might make while blowing up any mistake made by another.

This is not the first time Obama has lied about his family history. He did it in 2002

snip

My grandfather signed up for a war the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, fought in Patton’s army. He saw the dead and dying across the fields of Europe; he heard the stories of fellow troops who first entered Auschwitz and Treblinka.

Again, both Auschwitz and Treblinka were liberated by the Red Army. Meaning that unless Patton was leading the commies into battle, Obama’s grandfather could hardly have heard of these camps from his “fellow troops.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil

midcan5
05-28-2008, 02:31 PM
The wingnut circle jerk continues. LOL

Obama's story was basically correct, surely you wingnuts have some family stories that contain bits of wrong information. LOL

red states rule
05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
The wingnut circle jerk continues. LOL

Obama's story was basically correct, surely you wingnuts have some family stories that contain bits of wrong information. LOL

It was as basically correct as Hillary's sniper fire story

mundame
05-28-2008, 02:42 PM

I agree; it's just not important.

"Auschwitz" has come to stand for all the concentration camps that were liberated by the allies, whatever nationals they were. So that's how Obama remembers it, that's all.

There will be a lot of this "gotcha" stuff about memories, but I am not as impressed with that as I am with certain other things.

Hillary pretty openly hoping for Obama to be shot like Bobby Kennedy seems over the top to me.http://macg.net/emoticons/fear1.gif

red states rule
05-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree; it's just not important.

"Auschwitz" has come to stand for all the concentration camps that were liberated by the allies, whatever nationals they were. So that's how Obama remembers it, that's all.

There will be a lot of this "gotcha" stuff about memories, but I am not as impressed with that as I am with certain other things.

Hillary pretty openly hoping for Obama to be shot like Bobby Kennedy seems over the top to me.http://macg.net/emoticons/fear1.gif

It is not gotcha

Wrong relative

Wrong country

Wrong camp

mundame
05-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't care about wrong country, wrong camp...............................

Americans don't care about things outside our borders, nor should we bother to.

But wrong relative????

That's not so good.

What relative was it actually supposed to be?

red states rule
05-28-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't care about wrong country, wrong camp...............................

Americans don't care about things outside our borders, nor should we bother to.

But wrong relative????

That's not so good.

What relative was it actually supposed to be?

Obama said it was his uncle, it was his great uncle

and he was NOT in the Soviet army that liberated the camps

People should care if the guy who wants to be President lies like hell when he does not have to

midcan5
05-28-2008, 03:10 PM

You need to go back and learn to read then.

"The Obama campaign soon acknowledged that the Democratic candidate made a mistake. It explained that Obama’s great-uncle was in the 89th Infantry Division that helped liberate another notorious death camp, Buchenwald. Obama, the campaign said, “is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II -- especially the fact that his great-uncle was part of liberating of one of the concentration camps at Buchenwald.”

All of which raises the question: What's worse, Obama's apparent gaffe or the RNC pouncing on a Holocaust-related historical mistake for political advantage?"

What is worse is the empty heads of the likes of RSR.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/the-nazi-death.html

mundame
05-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Obama said it was his uncle, it was his great uncle

and he was NOT in the Soviet army that liberated the camps

People should care if the guy who wants to be President lies like hell when he does not have to

So earlier he said it was his grandfather to make the story better?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................. ........................

I agree with you, I don't care for that stuff at all.

Honest mistakes, okay. Confabulation and misremembering, okay.

But propagandizing, just lying?

Sheeeeeeeeesh.

Well, I wasn't planning on voting for him anyway. I already believe he's no good.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 03:14 PM

"The Obama campaign soon acknowledged that the Democratic candidate made a mistake. It explained that Obama’s great-uncle was in the 89th Infantry Division that helped liberate another notorious death camp, Buchenwald. Obama, the campaign said, “is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II -- especially the fact that his great-uncle was part of liberating of one of the concentration camps at Buchenwald.”

All of which raises the question: What's worse, Obama's apparent gaffe or the RNC pouncing on a Holocaust-related historical mistake for political advantage?"

What is worse is the empty heads of the likes of RSR.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/the-nazi-death.html

So this Ivy league educated lawyer could not get the relative, camp, and country right?

Yet Pres Bush mispronounces a word and libs call him an idiot

Or perhaps Obama ment Uncle Sam - he is everyones Uncle :laugh2:

mundame
05-28-2008, 03:20 PM

"The Obama campaign soon acknowledged that the Democratic candidate made a mistake. It explained that Obama’s great-uncle was in the 89th Infantry Division that helped liberate another notorious death camp, Buchenwald. Obama, the campaign said, “is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II --

Midcan5, he should certainly have known which relative did what!! I know what my father did in uniform during WWII (malaria research at Columbia University) and what my stepfather did (classified but I know): I don't get confused about that. And my husband knows what his father did --- fought in Germany and was wounded just before the Battle of the Bulge.

I don't think people get relatives in WWII mixed up unless they are just trying to make a better story. Not good. Sounds like Rev. Wright's kind of technique: lie, lie, lie for effect.

I suppose he'll do it the whole four years........http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif

red states rule
05-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Midcan5, he should certainly have known which relative did what!! I know what my father did in uniform during WWII (malaria research at Columbia University) and what my stepfather did (classified but I know): I don't get confused about that. And my husband knows what his father did --- fought in Germany and was wounded just before the Battle of the Bulge.

I don't think people get relatives in WWII mixed up unless they are just trying to make a better story. Not good. Sounds like Rev. Wright's kind of technique: lie, lie, lie for effect.

I suppose he'll do it the whole four years........http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif

Maybe Obama slept through all the stories told about him, as he did during Wright's sermons - and that is why he got everything wrong :laugh2:

Yurt
05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
the guy flat out lied and his cult followers still defend him, amazing

midcan5
05-28-2008, 06:36 PM

There was no lie there fool, he had the wrong camp. So what.

Yurt
05-28-2008, 08:09 PM

http://www.transterrestrial.com/archives/2008/05/its_nothing_new.html

There was no lie there fool, he had the wrong camp. So what.

Kathy proved it was a lie...this guy has been telling tall tales for quite some time

retiredman
05-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Kathy proved it was a lie...this guy has been telling tall tales for quite some time

mistakenly saying Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald is a "tall tale"?

in your fucking racist dreams, maybe.

Sitarro
05-28-2008, 11:27 PM
:laugh2::laugh2:

That's close but you also can't mention his chimpanzee ears or nappy ass hair..... or the curlys on his ass either.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Or the fact that he is a homosexual living with a lesbian..... did that go too far?:laugh2:

Sitarro
05-28-2008, 11:39 PM

So we can't mention the fact that a white fag(who remains anonymous) has come out complaining that obammysiah refused to perform oral on him because he was white and he is committed to Jeremiah Wright, his father figure and fag lover. Or..... that Michelle Obama hates Hillary because she stole Michelle's diesel dyke girlfriend....... I'm sure this is true, I read it on a web site.:laugh2:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 06:15 AM

No matter what proof you probvide, or regardless of how mnay facts you wave under their nose - the Obama Kool Aid drinkers will continue to rant their lame defenses

This must be the cahange they are talking about. Endless lies from a rookie politican, and if you dare to call him on it they tag you as a racist

red states rule
05-29-2008, 12:57 PM

Barry is just a boy who get's his facts messed up. Hey, he thinks we have 57 or is it 59 states in the union? Now, he can't get his camps right. He's just a lying POS who is going to be McGovern'd in November. What a joke.