PDA

View Full Version : Carter really is a loose cannon

Abbey Marie
05-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Will someone please send this moron to Gitmo to shut him up? All that peanut dust has obviously eaten away at whatever brain cells he has.

Carter: Israel has 150 nuclear weapons

Jimmy Carter says Israel has at least 150 nuclear weapons. The former president made the claim during an appearance Sunday in Wales, according to BBC News.

"The U.S. has more than 12,000 nuclear weapons; the Soviet Union (sic) has about the same; Great Britain and France have several hundred, and Israel has 150 or more," Carter, a Democrat, says.

Israel, following a policy of ambiguity, has never confirmed reports that its arsenal includes nuclear weapons.

"The problem is that there are those who can use these statements when it comes to discussing the international effort to prevent Iran getting nuclear weapons," Aharon Zeevi-Farkash, a former intelligence official, tells Israel Radio, according to JTA.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/05/carter-israel-h.html

Hagbard Celine
05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
(shrug) Why does this make Carter "crazy?"
I think maybe it's just that you don't like him so you're going to pounce onto anything he says, distort it and then seethe and moan until you finally goade someone into paying attention to you.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Will someone please send this moron to Gitmo to shut him up? All that peanut dust has obviously eaten away at whatever brain cells he has.

Carter was the worst President in my lifetime, and now he is showing what abitter old man he really is

Abbey Marie
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
(shrug) Why does this make Carter "crazy?"
I think maybe it's just that you don't like him so you're going to pounce onto anything he says, distort it and then seethe and moan until you finally goade someone into paying attention to you.

Distort, seethe and moan? Who the hell are you talking about now?

Read what you wrote again. I think you are confusing this with the treatment of President Bush for 8 years. Carter's own mouth is what brings this upon him. Frankly, I cannot believe that anyone still defends him. You guys really need to learn when to cut someone loose.

AllieBaba
05-27-2008, 04:24 PM
They don't cut him loose because they agree with him.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Distort, seethe and moan? Who the hell are you talking about now?

Read what you wrote again. I think you are confusing this with the treatment of President Bush for 8 years. Carter's own mouth is what brings this upon him. Frankly, I cannot believe that anyone still defends him. You guys really need to learn when to cut someone loose.

For some reason the left loves to prop up their failures. Pres Peanut was a total disaster as President, an appeaser and fool in "retirement"

Carter has embraced terrorists, has shown what an anti semitic bastard he is

Hagbard Celine
05-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Carter was the worst President in my lifetime, and now he is showing what abitter old man he really is

You cite higher inflation, higher interest rates, sweaters and disco as the worst things from the Carter admin?
Ineffectiveness isn't the same as nationally disastrous. Not in my book anyway.
We haven't begun to see the worst of Bush's economic policies. Energy and food costs are already at historical record highs. The cost of living in the US is at an all-time high. I'd give anything for 70's-80's-era prices right now. Your jabs against Dems and Carter are pathetic.
Look at the cartoon you posted to mock Democrats' attempts at roadblocking the Iraqi mis-adventure. You think rolling-over accountability and international laws are admirable qualities? You must be stoned.

Abbey Marie
05-27-2008, 04:27 PM
You cite higher inflation, higher interest rates, sweaters and disco as the worst things from the Carter admin?
We haven't begun to see the worst of Bush's economic policies. Energy and food costs are already at historical record highs. The cost of living in the US is at an all-time high. I'd give anything for 70's-80's-era prices right now. Your jabs against Dems and Carter are pathetic.
Look at the cartoon you posted to mock Democrats' attempts at roadblocking the Iraqi mis-adventure. You think rolling-over accountability and international laws are admirable qualities? You must be stoned.

Well, disco alone... :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, disco alone... :laugh2:

Maybe it was something in the air that night...

The stars were bright...

Fernando...

:dance:

stephanie
05-27-2008, 04:29 PM

Were you around for the Carter administration?

Hagbard Celine
05-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Were you around for the Carter administration?

No. That means nothing--I'll prove it.

Were you around for WWII? The answer is no. Under your premise I guess you're not allowed to have an opinion on it.

Kinda painted yourself into a corner there didn't ya?

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:33 PM

So lets see how libs view the current economy and Pres Peanut's

Currently unemplyment is 5% - under Pres peanut is was about 9%

Currently interest rates are very low - inder Pres Peanut the prime rate was near 20%.

Currently inflation is running about 4% - under Pres Peanut it was about 15%

Currenly there is no gas shortage - under Pres Peanut gas lines went around the block

Any questions Hag?

Abbey Marie
05-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Maybe it was something in the air that night...

The stars were bright...

Fernando...

:dance:

http://www.brainwashed.com/wc/images/discosucks.jpg

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:34 PM

Were you around for WWII? The answer is no. Under your premise I guess you're not allowed to have an opinion on it.

It is clear you do not know what you are ranting about. I lived through Pres Peanut, and he was fired by the voters in a blowout in the 1980 election

Abbey Marie
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
It is clear you do not know what you are ranting about. I lived through Pres Peanut, and he was fired by the voters in a blowout in the 1980 election

Didn't Reagan win 49 states?

Edited to add: It was 44 states...

stephanie
05-27-2008, 04:36 PM

I don't go around spouting off at the mouth as if I was around during WWII.

So there..kinda dug yourself a hole and buried yourself, didn't ya.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:37 PM

http://www.presidentelect.org/e1980.html

AllieBaba
05-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I was. I remember the hostage crisis.....the direct result of attempting to NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS. And they turned the hostages over minutes after Reagan took office, because they knew very well what was in store for them if they didn't.

"The Carter administration attempted to mitigate the damage by finding a new relationship with the de facto Iranian government and by continuing military cooperation in hopes that the situation would stabilize. On October 22, 1979, however, the U.S. permitted the Shah, who was ill with cancer, to come to the Mayo Clinic for medical treatment.

The American embassy in Tehran had vigorously opposed the request, understanding the political delicacy, but after pressure from influential figures including former United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and Council on Foreign Relations chairman David Rockefeller, the Carter administration decided to grant the Shah’s request.[10]

Among the revolutionary factions, the Shah's admission to the US intensified their anti-Americanism and spawned rumors of another U.S.-backed coup and re-installation of the Shah. Revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini heightened rhetoric against the “Great Satan”, the United States, talking of what he called “evidence of American plotting.”[11] Khomeini had been exiled by the Shah in 1964, living outside Iran for 15 years.

The hostage takers were “convinced that the embassy was a center of opposition to the new government” and thus their action was connected to the 1953 U.S.-backed coup against the democratically-elected government of Prime Minister Mosaddeq.

"You have no right to complain, because you took our whole country hostage in 1953.”

said one of the hostage takers to Bruce Laingen, chief U.S. diplomat in Iran at the time.[12"

"...One week after the Shah was admitted (22 Oct. 1979) into the United States, Khomeini urged his supporters to demonstrate against United States and Israeli interests. Khomeini denounced the American government as the "Great Satan" and "Enemy of Islam."

"....The remaining 52 hostages were held captive until January 1981.

Although the hostage takers declared that the hostages were actually "guests of the Ayatollah", the "guests'" treatment was not always kind. They were often paraded blindfolded before local crowds and television cameras, "experienced long periods of solitary confinement, and for months were forbidden to speak to one another."[14]

But by golly, we should treat them with kid gloves at GITMO, shouldn't we? Obviously, if we treat them well, they'll respond in kind..the way they responded to dumbass Carter and his decision to allow the Shah access to Mayo Clinic. What a great move.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis

Abbey Marie
05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks. The 49 states was against against Mondale in '84.

red states rule
05-27-2008, 04:38 PM

Pres Reagan won reelection with 49 states over Walter Mondale

I hope Hag is enjoying his history lesson

Yurt
05-27-2008, 05:05 PM

reagan won 54 states - obama

:D

red states rule
05-27-2008, 05:08 PM

The true legacy of Pres Peanut is the misery index

The misery index is an economic indicator, created by economist Arthur Okun, and found by adding the unemployment rate to the inflation rate. It is assumed that both a higher rate of unemployment and a worsening of inflation both create economic and social costs for a country.[1] It is often incorrectly attributed to Chicago economist Robert Barro in the 1970s, due to the Barro Misery Index that additionally includes GDP and the bank rate.[2]

During the Presidential campaign of 1976, Democratic candidate, Jimmy Carter, made frequent references to the Misery Index, which by the summer of 1976 was at 13.57%. Carter stated that no man responsible for giving a country a misery index that high, had a right to even ask to be President. Carter won the 1976 election. However, by 1980, when President Carter was running for re-election against Ronald Reagan, the Misery Index had reached an all-time high of 21.98%. Carter lost the election to Reagan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_index_(economics)

Abbey Marie
05-27-2008, 05:22 PM

:laugh2:

Kathianne
05-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Carter is trying to undermine both our's and Israel's relationships with Europe:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/26/israelandthepalestinians.usa1

Carter urges 'supine' Europe to break with US over Gaza blockade

Ex-president says EU is colluding in a human rights crime

Britain and other European governments should break from the US over the international embargo on Gaza, former US president Jimmy Carter told the Guardian yesterday. Carter, visiting the Welsh border town of Hay for the Guardian literary festival, described the EU's position on the Israeli-Palestinian dispute as "supine" and its failure to criticise the Israeli blockade of Gaza as "embarrassing".

Referring to the possibility of Europe breaking with the US in an interview with the Guardian, he said: "Why not? They're not our vassals. They occupy an equal position with the US."

The blockade on Hamas-ruled Gaza, imposed by the US, EU, UN and Russia - the so-called Quartet - after the organisation's election victory in 2006, was "one of the greatest human rights crimes on Earth," since it meant the "imprisonment of 1.6 million people, 1 million of whom are refugees". "Most families in Gaza are eating only one meal per day. To see Europeans going along with this is embarrassing," Carter said.

He called on the EU to reassess its stance if Hamas agreed to a ceasefire in Gaza. "Let the Europeans lift the embargo and say we will protect the rights of Palestinians in Gaza, and even send observers to Rafah gate [Gaza's crossing into Egypt] to ensure the Palestinians don't violate it." ...

Yurt
05-27-2008, 05:56 PM
what is wrong with this guy?

The blockade on Hamas-ruled Gaza, imposed by the US, EU, UN and Russia - the so-called Quartet - after the organisation's election victory in 2006, was "one of the greatest human rights crimes on Earth," since it meant the "imprisonment of 1.6 million people, 1 million of whom are refugees". "Most families in Gaza are eating only one meal per day. To see Europeans going along with this is embarrassing," Carter said.

technically, that land should be all israel. but israel bowed to public pressure and let the terrorists have some land, notwithstanding, beating the crap out of the muslims in a six day war. israel could easily wipe them out, destroy gaza and this fool complains about a blockade....where the muslims helping their fellow muslims? oh wait, they don't give a shit...

red states rule
05-27-2008, 07:23 PM
For those of you who lived through the 4 years of Pres Peanut - here is another great moment in history

FLASHBACK:Jimmy Carter Attacked by Killer Rabbit (April 20, 1979
Unknown | Unknown

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 6:03:45 PM by NC Conservative

Today in Odd History, President Jimmy Carter was attacked by a rabbit during a fishing trip in Plains, Georgia. The rabbit, which may have been fleeing a predator, swam toward his boat, "hissing menacingly, its teeth flashing and nostrils flared." President Carter was forced to swat at the vicious beast with a canoe paddle, which apparently scared it off.

Upon his return to the White House, Carter told his staff about the furry amphibian's assault. Most of them refused to believe him, insisting that rabbits can't swim (although since most mammals can swim, there's no reason to believe that rabbits cannot), and that even if they could, they certainly wouldn't attack humans, and certainly not presidents. Fortunately, a White House photographer had been on the scene, and had recorded the bizarre attack. The photograph showed Carter with his paddle raised, warding off a small creature which might, or might not, have been a rabbit. One staffer was quoted as saying, "You couldn't tell what it was." Undaunted by their skepticism, Carter had the image enlarged, and there it was--a killer bunny rabbit, apparently bent on assassinating the president.

The story might have ended there, except that White House Press Secretary Jody Powell mentioned the incident to Associated Press reporter Brooks Jackson in August. The Washington Post ran it as front page news. The original photograph was not available (until the Reagan administration leaked it in 1981), but the paper filled the gap with a cartoon modeled on the poster for the movie Jaws, starring the rabbit and entitled Paws. Powell made a belated attempt to impress the public with the seriousness of the attack, calling the creature a "swamp rabbit," but since Carter had to appease his rabbit-loving constituents by insisting that he had not actually smacked his buck-toothed opponent with his paddle, but only splashed water at it to drive it away, it seemed unlikely that he had been in danger. The entire episode became a symbol of Carter's floundering presidency. According to Powell, "[I]t shows the extent to which an insignificant incident can snowball and end up in newspapers and news shows across the country.” Carter biographer Douglas Brinkley says, “It just played up the Carter flake factor.... I mean, he had to deal with Russia and the Ayatollah and here he was supposedly fighting off a rabbit.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/972968/posts

midcan5
05-28-2008, 02:57 PM
A truly good man, great even, our only moral president. Bravo Jimmy, give em hell.

Abbey Marie
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
A truly good man, great even, our only moral president. Bravo Jimmy, give em hell.

It's a shame that you have never bothered to read up on past Presidents. Jimmah is a fool, and we are lucky we survived him. A vast, vast, majority of the country figured that out decades ago. What happened to you?