PDA

View Full Version : why i became an independant

actsnoblemartin
05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
I saw too much meanness in the republican party, It really bothered me, to see a lot of mean-spiritedness i thought only existed in the democrat party, that has too some extent become a cancer in the republican party.

Now, i dont condemn conservatives, republicans arent conservatives anymore.

Its just i gotta think for myself, and cant allow any party or ideology to make my decisions for me when it comes to believes

glockmail
05-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I saw too much meanness in the republican party, It really bothered me, to see a lot of mean-spiritedness i thought only existed in the democrat party, that has too some extent become a cancer in the republican party.

Now, i dont condemn conservatives, republicans arent conservatives anymore.

Its just i gotta think for myself, and cant allow any party or ideology to make my decisions for me when it comes to believes I don't see meanness in the GOP, just stupidity. That's whay I became a registered conservative almost 20 years ago.

actsnoblemartin
05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
stupidity is probably the better word.

I don't see meanness in the GOP, just stupidity. That's whay I became a registered conservative almost 20 years ago.

Pale Rider
05-28-2008, 02:37 AM
I registered Independent after the republican party nominated juan mccain. To me, nominating a RINO that does more catering to liberals than fighting for conservative values meant the republican party had turned into something other than what it used to be, so I left the party... problaby for good.

Gaffer
05-28-2008, 07:38 AM
I've been a registered independent since 1968. I have never followed a party line or supported a party.