PDA

View Full Version : Scott McClellan: traitorous surrender monkey!

retiredman
05-27-2008, 09:57 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10649.html

I suppose that the posse will now claim that McClellan is just another lying, traitorous asshole who was actually a democratic plant and is spouting an entire book full of lies...

Hagbard Celine
05-27-2008, 10:01 PM

I suppose that the posse will now claim that McClellan is just another lying, traitorous asshole who was actually a democratic plant and is spouting an entire book full of lies...

These guys are going to keep coming out of the woodwork.

retiredman
05-27-2008, 10:12 PM
It doesn't matter how many former administration insiders come out and tell their tales about the incompetence and malfeasance of the Bush administration.... people like RSR and his moronic posse will continue to wave pom poms for this terrible president and his terrible policies. Party over country for them, each and every time.:laugh2:

Dilloduck
05-27-2008, 10:17 PM
It doesn't matter how many former administration insiders come out and tell their tales about the incompetence and malfeasance of the Bush administration.... people like RSR and his moronic posse will continue to wave pom poms for this terrible president and his terrible policies. Party over country for them, each and every time.:laugh2:

naaaa Mission accomplished--democrats duped. :laugh2:

retiredman
05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
naaaa Mission accomplished--democrats duped. :laugh2:

and you must be so proud. what a patriot.:lol:

Dilloduck
05-27-2008, 10:20 PM
and you must be so proud. what a patriot.:lol:

Hell --I didn't do it. Why should I be proud ?

retiredman
05-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Hell --I didn't do it. Why should I be proud ?

it's your team dillo.... don't they make you proud?

Dilloduck
05-27-2008, 10:29 PM
it's your team dillo.... don't they make you proud?

I don't have a team. You're projecting your blind loyalty to a political party on to me. Try again

Sitarro
05-27-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm sure that everything is being taken out of context, right Dems?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
05-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't have a team. You're projecting your blind loyalty to a political party on to me. Try again

I may be loyal, but I am not blind. your hatred for the democrats blinds you.

Dilloduck
05-27-2008, 10:37 PM
I may be loyal, but I am not blind. your hatred for the democrats blinds you.

Whatever :rolleyes:

retiredman
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Whatever :rolleyes:

did you learn that at "snappy comeback" school?

Sitarro
05-27-2008, 11:09 PM

-4267 reputation points......... wow......... how do you get that many negative reps?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm curious, what type of things were you saying about Scott McCLellan when he worked for the administration? Honestly, as if GOD is listening to your reply. I know what most dems were saying.:cool:

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Who would know more about you than your own press secretary? Past presidents have stated that press secretaries are among the few staff members that know more about them than their closest relatives.
McClellan was very loyal to the Bushies while he was press secretary. Why would he lies now?

Dubya must be feeling a huge kick in the balls (if he has any left) right about now.

stephanie
05-28-2008, 01:12 AM
When McClellan was working for Bush, they didn't believe a word he said, couldn't stand the muffin face....

Now that he is a turncoat against Bush, the Libs and Democrats love a Republican..

Now his word is.....................THE TRUTH..:laugh2:

retiredman
05-28-2008, 05:52 AM
I'm curious, what type of things were you saying about Scott McCLellan when he worked for the administration? Honestly, as if GOD is listening to your reply. I know what most dems were saying.

I always thought that McClellan was nothing more than a mouthpiece for liars.

Dilloduck
05-28-2008, 06:46 AM

No---regular school. We used it on retards who weren't worth trying to explain things to.

glockmail
05-28-2008, 08:20 AM
-4267 reputation points......... wow......... how do you get that many negative reps?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm curious, what type of things were you saying about Scott McCLellan when he worked for the administration? Honestly, as if GOD is listening to your reply. I know what most dems were saying.:cool: Make that -5478. I unignored him to rip him for that whopper of a lie, that he's not blindly partisan. Now back on ignore.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Liberals treated Sctoo with as much contempt and hate as they did Tony Snow - now they worship the ground Scott walks on

Scott is now a media darling - until the next Bush basher comes along. Funny how Scott never protested beofre or quit if he was bening lied to

ABC's Martha Raddatz: 'Disappointed' McClellan Didn't Bash Bush Sooner
By Scott Whitlock | May 28, 2008 - 11:25 ET

ABC reporter Martha Raddatz openly editorialized on Wednesday's "Good Morning America" that she is "disappointed" in former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan for not slamming the Bush White House sooner. McClellan, who has written a tell-all book bashing the President, Karl Rove and other operatives, was prominently featured as GMA's top story.

After being prompted by co-host Robin Roberts for her opinion, Raddatz unloaded: "...I'm really surprised....and disappointed." She lamented that as press secretary, "[McClellan] didn't stand up and say wait a minute, I'm not going to say these kind of things anymore. So, we're surprised." Co-host Diane Sawyer could not restrain herself from describing the new book in the most dire terms. In an intro, she breathlessly announced, "A scathing presidential review. One of the President's most loyal political aides turns on him..."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2008/05/28/abcs-martha-raddatz-disappointed-mcclellan-didnt-bash-bush-sooner

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 12:08 PM
When McClellan was working for Bush, they didn't believe a word he said, couldn't stand the muffin face....

Now that he is a turncoat against Bush, the Libs and Democrats love a Republican..

I didn't love McClellan then, and I don't love him now. I have always thought he was a scumbag. Now he is a scumbag who is cashing in.
But if word was "the truth" back then, why shouldn't it be the "the truth" now?

Tell all books by presidential advisers are nothing new. I will be interested to read what it says.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I didn't love McClellan then, and I don't love him now. I have always thought he was a scumbag. Now he is a scumbag who is cashing in.
But if word was "the truth" back then, why shouldn't it be the "the truth" now?

Tell all books by presidential advisers are nothing new. I will be interested to read what it says.

Funny how the liberal media downplayed and tried to ignore the tell all books written by those who use to work in the Clinton White House

They would say how you can't trust him/her since she was fired. Or he/she never complained when they were working in the WH

Seems they tossed all those objections to the side when it comes to people who use to work in the Bush administration

Joe Steel
05-28-2008, 12:19 PM

Only because it's consistent with the evidence.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 12:22 PM

I doubt if you feel the same way about Gary Aldrich and his book "Unlimited Access: An FBI Agent Inside the Clinton White House"

I remember well how the left attacked and smeared him

His was based on facts. The jury is still out on Scott's book

05-28-2008, 12:31 PM

What evidence is that?

Oh yeah! You dont have any!

theHawk
05-28-2008, 01:16 PM

I really don't see what he is saying is all that new or anything we don't already know. I mean, the worst thing he has is the fact Rove wanted a picture of Bush on Air Force one after Katrina? Or that Rove and Libby had a "secret meeting"? Oh my! I don't understand how this idiot can hold Rove or Libby responsible for "outing Plame" when it was her ding dong husband who drew the spotlight on himself, and claimed it was the White House that sent him to Niger to "investigate" yellow cake....all of which was a lie and it came out that his own fucking wife, Plame, was the one who sent him. The reporters simply tracked down the truth and found out it was Plame that sent him, that was the big "leak". If Rove/Libby didn't point the finger at Plame and instead said "no comment", the media would of ate it up as another example of the administration being "secretive" and hiding the truth. And because Rove/Libby exposed the truth about the Plame/Wilson lies, they get blammed for "outing" an agents name. It was all bullshit, McClellan I guess was too dumb to figure out what was going on.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I really don't see what he is saying is all that new or anything we don't already know. I mean, the worst thing he has is the fact Rove wanted a picture of Bush on Air Force one after Katrina? Or that Rove and Libby had a "secret meeting"? Oh my! I don't understand how this idiot can hold Rove or Libby responsible for "outing Plame" when it was her ding dong husband who drew the spotlight on himself, and claimed it was the White House that sent him to Niger to "investigate" yellow cake....all of which was a lie and it came out that his own fucking wife, Plame, was the one who sent him. The reporters simply tracked down the truth and found out it was Plame that sent him, that was the big "leak". If Rove/Libby didn't point the finger at Plame and instead said "no comment", the media would of ate it up as another example of the administration being "secretive" and hiding the truth. And because Rove/Libby exposed the truth about the Plame/Wilson lies, they get blammed for "outing" an agents name. It was all bullshit, McClellan I guess was too dumb to figure out what was going on.

What's so unusual about this?

Libs hated McClellen when he was press secretary, now all of them love him?

Sure, this is more great news for all the Bush hater's out there. And I really like how all of you have proven your own hypocrisy to be true too!

At least this gives all of you something else to Lie about, instead of Obama, or Hillary for awhile.

I look forward to reading, and laughing at the posts this topic generates.

Go for it!

Little-Acorn
05-28-2008, 01:49 PM
The things McClellan has "accused" the Bush admin of doing:

Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House
By MIKE ALLEN | 5/27/08 6:18 PM EST

McClellan says the administration relied on "propaganda" to sell the war.

Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a surprisingly scathing memoir to be published next week that President Bush “veered terribly off course,” was not “open and forthright on Iraq,” and took a “permanent campaign approach” to governing at the expense of candor and competence.

Among the most explosive revelations in the 341-page book, titled “What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington’s Culture of Deception” (Public Affairs, $27.95):

• McClellan charges that Bush relied on “propaganda” to sell the war.

• He says the White House press corps was too easy on the administration during the run-up to the war.

• He admits that some of his own assertions from the briefing room podium turned out to be “badly misguided.”

• The longtime Bush loyalist also suggests that two top aides held a secret West Wing meeting to get their story straight about the CIA leak case at a time when federal prosecutors were after them — and McClellan was continuing to defend them despite mounting evidence they had not given him all the facts.

• McClellan asserts that the aides — Karl Rove, the president’s senior adviser, and I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, the vice president’s chief of staff — “had at best misled” him about their role in the disclosure of former CIA operative Valerie Plame’s identity.

In other words, McClellan is accusing the Bush administration of acting exactly like the previous Clinton administration. Except they didn't lie to any grand juries or tamper with any court evidence. And they waited until Congress had authorized the use of force before going to war. And unlike the Clinton administration, they actually managed to kill large numbers of the enemy and prevent further terrorist attacks on this country.

Hang them anyway!!!

Abbey Marie
05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Forced out of the job (sour grapes)
+Money from sales (greed)
= "Tell-all" book in the thick of the Presidential campaign.

The math is pretty easy here.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
McClellan and his publisher may have decided to appeal to the anti-Bush "crowd" in an effort to find customers who can read.

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 01:53 PM
You know something must be bad if the Bush apologists are dragging Clinton into it.

Once again: Just because Clinton screwed up a ton of shit (which he did) doesn't make it OK for Bush to do the same thing. Or worse.
Clinton fucked up massively.... The right-wing extremists loved it.
Bush fucked up massively.... Well hey! Clinton did it! Let's blame Clinton!

red states rule
05-28-2008, 01:57 PM
You know something must be bad if the Bush apologists are dragging Clinton into it.

Once again: Just because Clinton screwed up a ton of shit (which he did) doesn't make it OK for Bush to do the same thing. Or worse.

You are missing the point (or ignoring it)

When the Clinton tell all books came out, the left and liberal media dismissed them as lies and sour grapes from fired and former employees

When the Bush tell all books come out it is given 24/7 coverage as the truth from fired and former employees

Abbey Marie
05-28-2008, 01:59 PM

The cool thing is, history will judge then both with clearer vision than any of us have right now.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
The cool thing is, history will judge then both with clearer vision than any of us have right now.

The Clinton Memorial tells us all about the Clinton years

retiredman
05-28-2008, 02:07 PM
You are missing the point (or ignoring it)

When the Clinton tell all books came out, the left and liberal media dismissed them as lies and sour grapes from fired and former employees

When the Bush tell all books come out it is given 24/7 coverage as the truth from fired and former employees

your "point" in an anecdotal opinion. Why do you avoid talking about McClellan's book? Is he LYING? And why would you say so other than the fact that he is being critical of your boy?

We are talking about the book itself... you try to change the topic to be about the news coverage about the book.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 02:11 PM
your "point" in an anecdotal opinion. Why do you avoid talking about McClellan's book? Is he LYING? And why would you say so other than the fact that he is being critical of your boy?

We are talking about the book itself... you try to change the topic to be about the news coverage about the book.

Typically juvenile response. McLellan presents his opinion and calls it fact

The same thing happened in the 90s with all the resigning Clinton staffers. Oh, wait, no it didn't. They had evidence

It must been pretty hard to find sand deep enough to bury your head in during the Clinton years

retiredman
05-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Typically juvenile response. McLellan presents his opinion and calls it fact

The same thing happened in the 90s with all the resigning Clinton staffers. Oh, wait, no it didn't. They had evidence

It must been pretty hard to find sand deep enough to bury your head in during the Clinton years

Clinton staffers had evidence and McClellan only has opinion?

of course.

Now...just answer my question: is McClellan lying or not?

red states rule
05-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Clinton staffers had evidence and McClellan only has opinion?

of course.

Now...just answer my question: is McClellan lying or not?

Bla, bla, bla

The book is not even out yet and you are defending a guy you libs attacked and smeared as a liar for years

retiredman
05-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Bla, bla, bla

The book is not even out yet and you are defending a guy you libs attacked and smeared as a liar for years

I am not defending anyone. I merely asked you a question. are you gonna answer it?

red states rule
05-28-2008, 02:18 PM
I am not defending anyone. I merely asked you a question. are you gonna answer it?

McLellan presented nothing but his opinion. I'm not surprised that juvenile left-wingers accept it as fact. Are you also a fan of Dick Morris' books?

midcan5
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
The wingnuts are in denial over this one as they have been over the several hundred other honest appraisals of a failed administration they praise and still cling to like lemmings.

retiredman
05-28-2008, 03:20 PM
McLellan presented nothing but his opinion. I'm not surprised that juvenile left-wingers accept it as fact. Are you also a fan of Dick Morris' books?

but yet, the Clinton staffers' books were filled with FACTS?

:lol:

I am not accepting anything...I merely asked you what your take on the book was. Does the fact that McClellan now comes out and disses your hero mean that he is a liar? I have never read any of Dick Morris' books. Have YOU?

red states rule
05-28-2008, 03:23 PM
The wingnuts are in denial over this one as they have been over the several hundred other honest appraisals of a failed administration they praise and still cling to like lemmings.

If someone within the Bush administration writes a book praising Bush and compares him to Lincoln, will you believe that person?

retiredman
05-28-2008, 03:25 PM
If someone within the Bush administration writes a book praising Bush and compares him to Lincoln, will you believe that person?

of course not. I doubt that even dubya himself thinks he compares to Lincoln.:laugh2:

mundame
05-28-2008, 03:41 PM

Have you all noticed how many rats are fleeing across the ropelines this year?

This is their moment: get out now or go down with the ship. History is NOT going to be kind to collaborators with the disastrous Bush administration. But if they can get a book out in time, claiming "It wasn't my fault! It wasn't my fault!!" they think maybe they'll be saved.

I think I'll get the book; wow, great pre-publication publicity!

red states rule
05-28-2008, 03:43 PM

This is their moment: get out now or go down with the ship. History is NOT going to be kind to collaborators with the disastrous Bush administration. But if they can get a book out in time, claiming "It wasn't my fault! It wasn't my fault!!" they think maybe they'll be saved.

Funny how the Bush haters love these books based on opinion - but they hated the Clinton books based on facts

retiredman
05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Funny how the Bush haters love these books based on opinion - but they hated the Clinton books based on facts

man...the koolaid is powerful, ain't it RSR?

Clinton staffers tell-all books are filled with facts, while Bush staffers tell-all books are filled with opinions????:lol:

theHawk
05-28-2008, 03:57 PM
I've only read the summaries in the news stories. Anyone have actual quotes from the book stating some hard facts?

Like I said if the worst thing he has is Rove having a meeting with Libby...thats pretty damned weak. Rove has admitted to having meetings with Libby many times...they were both apart of the administration....

red states rule
05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I've only read the summaries in the news stories. Anyone have actual quotes from the book stating some hard facts?

Like I said if the worst thing he has is Rove having a meeting with Libby...thats pretty damned weak. Rove has admitted to having meetings with Libby many times...they were both apart of the administration....

Yeah, a presidential aide meeting with the VP's aide MUST be some sort of sinister conspiracy.

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Some of the books that came out about Clinton exposed a darker side that a lot of people didn't know he had. What was left of his reputation is much the worse because of it.

I am sure the same thing is starting to happen with Bush. He has relied heavily on staff and insiders over the last eight years. If some of those decide to turn on him, Bush is in for a heavy beating.
Spin it however you want. Nothing that make a man look worse than having the truth told about him.

red states rule
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Some of the books that came out about Clinton exposed a darker side that a lot of people didn't know he had. What was left of his reputation is much the worse because of it.

I am sure the same thing is starting to happen with Bush. He has relied heavily on staff and insiders over the last eight years. If some of those decide to turn on him, Bush is in for a heavy beating.
Spin it however you want. Nothing that make a man look worse than having the truth told about him.

People felt the same way about Harry Truman.

After Pres Reagan left office, libs said how history would judge him poorly

Yurt
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM

And McClellan issues this disclaimer about Bush: "I do not believe he or his White House deliberately or consciously sought to deceive the American people."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_mcclellan_book;_ylt=AlaON5FJjPQIzeALTSwbvh8Et bAF

bullypulpit
05-28-2008, 08:09 PM

McClellan's lack of moral courage is now fully revealed. He reveals the truth behind the Bush administration now, rather than when it would have done the most good...when he was press secretary.

05-28-2008, 08:16 PM
McClellan's lack of moral courage is now fully revealed. He reveals the truth behind the Bush administration now, rather than when it would have done the most good...when he was press secretary.

either that or he is lying so people like yourself will rush out to get his book. cant possibly be that. I mean why else would a fired employee go after his former boss?

Yurt
05-28-2008, 08:19 PM

And McClellan issues this disclaimer about Bush: "I do not believe he or his White House deliberately or consciously sought to deceive the American people."

is that truth?

retiredman
05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
but dubya was such a party animal he couldn't even REMEMBER if he did cocaine!

now THAT'S believable!

Do you think he remembers whether or not he did any heroin?

Do you think he remembers whether or not he had sex with any little girls?

Do you think he remembers whether or not he killed any wetbacks?

mundame
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM

"Facts" are just opinions, RSR. They're your opinions, so you call them facts, but that doesn't make them different from anyone else's opinions.

I never read any of the Clinton books. No real problem except the sex stuff, and I wasn't interested in reading about that!

Lots of very interesting books about the Bush failures and misbehavior and catastrophes and lies, though.

Sitarro
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM

What a joke, disastrous????? This isn't the Carter Administration or even that asswipe LBJ's....... those were disastrous administrations. Your parroting of the dimocrots talking point lies only works on DU or that garbage Arianna Huffington's pathetic site. You speak to people that know better here.

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:04 PM
What do you know about Arianna Huffington, zero?

What a joke, disastrous????? This isn't the Carter Administration or even that asswipe LBJ's....... those were disastrous administrations. Your parroting of the dimocrots talking point lies only works on DU or that garbage Arianna Huffington's pathetic site. You speak to people that know better here.

She and her late husband were once prominent and monetarrilly forthcoming Republicans. Have you examined the conversion?

Sitarro
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Funny, your boy obammessiah has 2 books out(that he supposedly wrote..... yea sure, he can write) that proves without a doubt what an idiot racist he is, are you still going to vote for that dumbass scum? He sees dead soldiers, ya know,..... He also thinks the U.S. consists of 59 states, he's been to 57 of them on his rock star tour while burning more fuel than any of us will use in our lifetimes. He is the ass that is running for President, not President Bush.

Sitarro
05-28-2008, 11:10 PM
What do you know about Arianna Huffington, zero?

She and her late husband were once prominent and monetarrilly forthcoming Republicans. Have you examined the conversion?

Yea, she married for money, killed him with her idiocy and is now prostituting herself for more money from dumbasses..... everyone knows that. What bull shit did you hear?

stephanie
05-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Yea, she married for money, killed him with her idiocy and is now prostituting herself for more money from dumbasses..... everyone knows that. What bull shit did you hear?

:clap:

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Soooooo, you really don't know much about Ariana Huffington, do you, zero?

I didn't expect that you would. You're not very curious, are you, zero?

Don't feel so all alone, zero, your greatest hero shares that particular personality disorder.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 06:06 AM

and did you but all the Clinton tell all books, or were you a loyal moonbat liberal and repeated what the liberal media "reported" about the books and writers?

Flashback: Press Didn't Like Tell-all Books About President Clinton
By Noel Sheppard | May 28, 2008 - 19:43 ET

As media gush over Scott McClellan's latest tell-all book about the Bush adminstration, a 1999 article by Margaret Carlson depicted a much less-pleased press corps when George Stephanopoulos's "All Too Human: A Political Education" cast an unfavorable light on then President Bill Clinton.

In fact, according to the former Time magazine columnist, people in the media referred to Stephanopoulos as a "turncoat," a "backstabber," and an "ingrate."

'Tis a far cry from the standing ovation McClellan is publicly receiving in press rooms around the country, wouldn't you agree?

"Books by people seduced and betrayed by the President are coming out of Washington at the rate of one a week. Just as Monica's Story was hitting No. 1 on the best-seller list, George Stephanopoulos uncorked All Too Human: A Political Education, an account of his years at Clinton's side. While it is a good read--galloping through the 1992 campaign and Clinton's bumpy first term--it will be known as the latest example of disloyalty at the top, an attempt to cash in on trickle-down celebrity with an instant book."

Hmmm. I couldn't have said it any better: the latest example of disloyalty at the top, an attempt to cash in on trickle-down celebrity with an instant book.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/05/28/time-mag-flashback-press-didnt-tell-all-books-about-president-clinton

red states rule
05-29-2008, 06:08 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_mcclellan_book;_ylt=AlaON5FJjPQIzeALTSwbvh8Et bAF

and where is the first place Scott goes to pedle his book?

McClellan's First Stop on Cable: MSNBC's Far-Left 'Countdown'
By Brent Baker | May 28, 2008 - 21:31 ET

Demonstrating that he certainly has come full circle from Bush-advocate to Bush-basher, Scott McClellan has agreed to give his first cable television news interview, on Thursday night, to the most vitriolic left-wing host: Bush-hater Keith Olbermann. McClellan went with MSNBC over CNN, where he is scheduled to appear Friday on The Situation Room. His fist television appearance will be Thursday morning on NBC's Today show. Maybe Countdown came as part of the deal with NBC?

Olbermann announced on his Wednesday night show:

We will have the first cable interview with Scott McClellan, now scheduled for tomorrow night. Scott McClellan, at this desk with me, tomorrow night. And I can't imagine which of us is more surprised by that eventuality.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/05/28/mcclellans-first-stop-cable-msnbcs-far-left-countdown

bullypulpit
05-29-2008, 06:45 AM
either that or he is lying so people like yourself will rush out to get his book. cant possibly be that. I mean why else would a fired employee go after his former boss?

He wasn't fired...He resigned. As for me, I won't be buying his book as I don't feel he should profit from his moral cowardice.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 06:51 AM
He wasn't fired...He resigned. As for me, I won't be buying his book as I don't feel he should profit from his moral cowardice.

Once again, you are showing your lack of knowledge when it comes to the facts

Scott was asked to resign - a polite way of firing someone

red states rule
05-29-2008, 06:56 AM
"Facts" are just opinions, RSR. They're your opinions, so you call them facts, but that doesn't make them different from anyone else's opinions.

I never read any of the Clinton books. No real problem except the sex stuff, and I wasn't interested in reading about that!

Lots of very interesting books about the Bush failures and misbehavior and catastrophes and lies, though.

In the Clinton books, the writers did have facts and the liberal media hated them for writing the books. Not so with this book

Lets take a loo at Scott's publisher. I have heard that Scott said the publisher "tweaked" some passages in his book

McClellan's Publisher a Liberal: Advances Soros & Slams Limbaugh
By Brent Baker | May 29, 2008 - 02:35 ET

Peter Osnos, who wrote Wednesday that he “worked very closely” with Scott McClellan on McClellan's new book published by PublicAffairs which Osnos founded, is a liberal whose publishing house is affiliated with the far-left The Nation magazine and the publisher of The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder. PublicAffairs has a roster of authors who are nearly all liberals and/or liberal-leaning mainstream media figures, including six books by far-left bank-roller George Soros. On Wednesday's CBS Evening News, Ari Fleischer related that “Scott told me that his editor did 'tweak,' in Scott's word, a lot of the writing, especially in the last few months.” In an “Eat the Press” blog entry Wednesday, Rachel Sklar asked Osnos: “Did you work directly on the book with McClellan? (Who was his editor?)” Osnos replied: “The editor was Lisa Kaufman and yes, I worked very closely with them.”

A reporter and editor at the Washington Post during the 1970s and 1980s before going into book publishing, Osnos pens a weekly column for the left of center The Century Foundation. In a March column he denounced Rush Limbaugh as “bombastic, aggressive, and mean,” bemoaning how the late William F. Buckley Jr. left behind “a right-wing culture that tends to be as coarse and leaden as his demeanor could be buoyant,” charging Buckley provided “unfortunate cover to others who followed with a spirit that was distinctly and consistently malevolent.”

In contrast, he hailed the late left-wing columnist Molly Ivins and wished she had more impact: “In the contest for power in America, Molly Ivins had a good perch in her column, nearly perfect pitch, and, alas, too little influence.” Ruminating this week about the Kennedy family's legacy in the wake of Senator Ted Kennedy's cancer diagnosis, Osnos asserted that “we are a distinctly better country for the message” which “Ted conveyed about our priorities as a people.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/05/29/mcclennans-publisher-liberal-advances-soros-slams-limbaugh

bullypulpit
05-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Once again, you are showing your lack of knowledge when it comes to the facts

Scott was asked to resign - a polite way of firing someone

Please, do present these "facts" as you call them. Your acquaintance with facts appears to be but a nodding acquaintance.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Please, do present these "facts" as you call them. Your acquaintance with facts appears to be but a nodding acquaintance.

Again, you have no knowledge of the facts. McClellan was a wimp at the podium, and the liberal media ran all over him during the daily briefings

Try learning the facts before you post son

retiredman
05-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Again, you have no knowledge of the facts. McClellan was a wimp at the podium, and the liberal media ran all over him during the daily briefings

Try learning the facts before you post son

and when will you produce proof that all the Clinton staffers tell-all books contained "facts", while all Bush staffer tell-all books only contain "opinions"

...or is that just your opinion?:laugh2:

GW in Ohio
05-29-2008, 07:38 AM
McClellan has only confirmed what most Americans already knew, that the Bush White House was filled with incompetents and liars.

This is indeed the final nail in Bush's political coffin. If you thought he was totally discredited before, now he is beyond totally discredited.

He might as well start drinking again. Sobriety hasn't done a damn thing for him.

Dilloduck
05-29-2008, 07:46 AM
McClellan has only confirmed what most Americans already knew, that the Bush White House was filled with incompetents and liars.

This is indeed the final nail in Bush's political coffin. If you thought he was totally discredited before, now he is beyond totally discredited.

He might as well start drinking again. Sobriety hasn't done a damn thing for him.

Our entire government is filled with incompetents and liars. Oh damn, you mean after 8 years of being POTUS he won't even stand a chance to be elected mayor of Crawford ? I bet THAT makes for some sleepless nights. :laugh2:

GW in Ohio
05-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Scott McClellan and the Bush damage repair team are all over the airwaves today. This story will have legs tomorrow and then, yes, it will fade.

But any shred of credibility the Bush White House had is gone.

I'd like to listen to Rush Limbaugh's show today, though. I like it when that fat, pill-popping blowhard works himself up into a righteous rage in reaction to the latest GOPer scandal.

glockmail
05-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Or he's lying to make a buck.

GW in Ohio
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Or he's lying to make a buck.

Your attempts to discredit McClellan are lame. But don't stop trying.

GW in Ohio
05-29-2008, 08:18 AM
President Bush: “And I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity. He really represents the best of his family, our state and our country.” [4/19/06]

White House Counselor Dan Bartlett: McClellan “served this country and this White House very well during very difficult times.” [On Hardball, 4/19/06]

Former Press Secretary Ari Fleischer: McClellan enjoyed “the trust and confidence of the president” and “was flawless in his performance, especially when you read the transcripts.” [4/20/06]

glockmail
05-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Your attempts to discredit McClellan are lame. But don't stop trying.
You're the lame POS here GW. All you do is toss bombs, run away, and never defend yourself.

glockmail
05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
President Bush: “And I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity. He really represents the best of his family, our state and our country.” [4/19/06]

White House Counselor Dan Bartlett: McClellan “served this country and this White House very well during very difficult times.” [On Hardball, 4/19/06]

Former Press Secretary Ari Fleischer: McClellan enjoyed “the trust and confidence of the president” and “was flawless in his performance, especially when you read the transcripts.” [4/20/06] There's three classy guys. To bad Scotty didn't deserve their accolades.

bullypulpit
05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
What I find most amusing is that the Administration and its lackeys are attacking the messenger while remaining silent about the message.

glockmail
05-29-2008, 08:30 AM
What I find most amusing is that the Administration and its lackeys are attacking the messenger while remaining silent about the message.
That's because there is not much to say about "the message" that hasn't been already said. Scotty's way over his head from the get-go, was given a chance, failed, was given the opportunity to resign gracefully. His replacement (Tony Snow) by way of his incredible competence made Scotty look like the incompetent boob that he was, so to “get back”, he surrendered to his former enemies and became a traitor. The only mistake the Bush made was hiring the guy to begin with. Anyone with a wisp of common sense can see this.

bullypulpit
05-29-2008, 08:34 AM
That's because there is not much to say about "the message" that hasn't been already said. Scotty's way over his head from the get-go, was given a chance, failed, was given the opportunity to resign gracefully. His replacement (Tony Snow) by way of his incredible competence made Scotty look like the incompetent boob that he was, so to “get back”, he surrendered to his former enemies and became a traitor. The only mistake the Bush made was hiring the guy to begin with. Anyone with a wisp of common sense can see this.

Yes...Tony Snow was a much more facile liar than Puffy McMoonface. As far as McClellan's competence, I'll let the Administration's own words speak for them...

<blockquote>President Bush: “And I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity. He really represents the best of his family, our state and our country.” [4/19/06]

Former Press Secretary Ari Fleischer: McClellan enjoyed “the trust and confidence of the president” and “was flawless in his performance, especially when you read the transcripts.” [4/20/06]</blockquote>

With thanks to GW in Ohio for the quotes.

GW in Ohio
05-29-2008, 08:39 AM

Gosh, glockie....

I bet if I searched through the archives I'd find some nice things you said about ol' Scotty McClellan.

Eh?

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:54 AM

Were you upset when the Clinton War Room went after the former staffers who wrote their books?

The differecne here is, it is coming out that Scott has nothing new, no new facts, no smoking gun.

Now we are finding out George Sooros is behind the funding of the book. How interesting

The Soros-McClellan Connection
Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:28:40 pm PST

The hat tip for this post goes to LGF reader John Williams in Texas.

The company that published Scott McClellan’s new Bush-bashing book is Public Affairs Books, and their Editor at Large is a guy named Peter Osnos: About The Century Foundation.

The owner of Public Affairs Books is a company called Perseus Book Group. Here’s their ownership tree: Perseus Books Home.

The firm is owned by Perseus Funds Group, (holding company Perseus LLC) a capital management firm that grew from about $20 million in 1995 to over $2 billion now. Big infusions of cash seemed to help it grow exponentially and it closed funds almost as fast as it opened them. The board has tons of liberals from the Clinton and Carter Administrations with credentials that almost put Osnos’ to shame as far as far left causes go. Their website is here: PERSEUS - merchant bank and private equity fund management.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/30118_The_Soros-McClellan_Connection

glockmail
05-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Gosh, glockie....

I bet if I searched through the archives I'd find some nice things you said about ol' Scotty McClellan.

Eh?
Go for it GayWay. But I expect that you won't accept this latest challenge, even though it entirely your making. :coffee:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Lets see, gas prices keep going up, the US has troops fighting a war, and Dems want to waste time with such important things like this

Wexler wants McClellan to testify

Calling the revelations in Scott McClellan’s book “earth-shattering,” Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.) has called on the former White House press secretary to testify under oath before the House Judiciary Committee.

In a statement released Wednesday, Wexler said McClellan’s admissions “allege facts to establish that Karl Rove and Scooter Libby - and possibly Vice President Cheney - conspired to obstruct justice by lying about their role in the Plame Wilson matter and that the Bush Administration deliberately lied to the American people in order to take us to war in Iraq.”

Wexler, the chairman of the Europe Subcommittee, has previously lobbied his colleagues to hold impeachment hearings for Cheney.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0508/Wexler_wants_McClellan_to_testify.html

Maybe Waxler missed Scott saying he was not in the meetings, and was pissed he was not in Pres Bush's inner circle

mundame
05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
What a joke, disastrous????? This isn't the Carter Administration or even that asswipe LBJ's....... those were disastrous administrations.

Yes, those were disastrous administrations.

So is this one, as pretty much everyone in the country agrees except you, Sitarro.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Yes, those were disastrous administrations.

So is this one, as pretty much everyone in the country agrees except you, Sitarro.

The only disaster is with the Bush haters who have been tossing out dire doom and gloom predictions that never happen

Damn libs must be pissed over no recession, violence down in Iraq, terrorists on the run worldwide, and they are obsessed with a book written by a fired WH employee :laugh2:

GW in Ohio
05-29-2008, 01:51 PM
The only disaster is with the Bush haters who have been tossing out dire doom and gloom predictions that never happen

Damn libs must be pissed over no recession, violence down in Iraq, terrorists on the run worldwide, and they are obsessed with a book written by a fired WH employee :laugh2:

Here's a news bulletin from earth, Red States.....

The doom and gloom have happened.

I realize you're incapable of accepting this, but everyone else knows that the Bush administration is a complete disaster. And one of the worst aspects of this disaster is right-wing Republicans who refuse to come to terms with the train wreck that is the current administration.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 01:54 PM

I realize you're incapable of accepting this, but everyone else knows that the Bush administration is a complete disaster. And one of the worst aspects of this disaster is right-wing Republicans who refuse to come to terms with the train wreck that is the current administration.

What diaster? No terror attacks since 9-11. No recession. We are winning in Iraq

I can see how that would be bad news to liberal moonbats like you - but it is good news for the rest of us

mundame
05-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Amen.

glockmail
05-29-2008, 02:06 PM
What diaster? No terror attacks since 9-11. No recession. We are winning in Iraq

I can see how that would be bad news to liberal moonbats like you - but it is good news for the rest of us:lol: How dare you confront GayWay with facts! No fair! He can't handle that.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Amen.

Still waiting for you guys to tell me what the disaster is. Or is this just more hot air from the Bush haters?

retiredman
05-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Still waiting for you guys to tell me what the disaster is. Or is this just more hot air from the Bush haters?

the vast majority of the country feels that we are headed in the wrong direction. Did you miss that? America has a terrible opinion of its president. Did you miss that as well?

GW in Ohio
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Hey, you know what?

You're right. There is no disaster, no doom and gloom. Everything is coming up roses for the Republican party.

Your congressional candidates will win in a breeze.

Your presidential candidate is a youthful 71 who is promising to give us more of the wildly popular Bush foreign policy.

I wouldn't worry about Bob Barr. There aren't any disaffected conservatives who will vote for him.

And the fact that none of your candidates want to be seen with President Bush doesn't mean anything; it's just schedule conflicts.

Everything is good. Be sanguine....be happy, Republicans. Your time is at hand.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
the vast majority of the country feels that we are headed in the wrong direction. Did you miss that? America has a terrible opinion of its president. Did you miss that as well?

and the Reid/Pelosi Congress are doing what?

Well they tried to fix.....eh,

They have plan to bring down.... eh,

Well they have this idea to repair.......eh,

retiredman
05-29-2008, 02:23 PM

What does the Reid/Pelos congress have to do with the country's opinion of its president and the direction he has taken us?

If people were really all that unhappy with the DEMOCRATS in congress, they would not be poised, by most all accounts, to gain significant numbers of seats in both chambers.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
What does the Reid/Pelos congress have to do with the country's opinion of its president and the direction he has taken us?

If people were really all that unhappy with the DEMOCRATS in congress, they would not be poised, by most all accounts, to gain significant numbers of seats in both chambers.

I am listung their accomplishements of the last 2 years. Right now Dems are putting pro life, small government Dems who are more Republican then they are Democrat

They are the reason the Dems have been unable to insert surrender dates in the spending bills

BTW, the average approval rating for the Reid/Pelosi Cingress is 18%

retiredman
05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I am listung their accomplishements of the last 2 years. Right now Dems are putting pro life, small government Dems who are more Republican then they are Democrat

They are the reason the Dems have been unable to insert surrender dates in the spending bills

BTW, the average approval rating for the Reid/Pelosi Cingress is 18%

again.... why do you run away from the questions?

answer this question:

address this point:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
again.... why do you run away from the questions?

answer this question:

address this point:

I remember Dems making a long list of promisies, noen of which they have kept. Dems are the only ones who can draft legislation, not Pres Bush

Dems are the only ones who decide where and how much money is to be spent. Not Pres Bush

BTW, you must have ignored how Dems are running conservative candidates, and not moonbat kooks like you. It is the only way they can win

retiredman
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I remember Dems making a long list of promisies, noen of which they have kept. Dems are the only ones who can draft legislation, not Pres Bush

Dems are the only ones who decide where and how much money is to be spent. Not Pres Bush

BTW, you must have ignored how Dems are running conservative candidates, and not moonbat kooks like you. It is the only way they can win
Bush can certainly draft legislation and his administration does so all the time.

And a "conservative" democrat is still a democrat... and the most conservative democrat is still not as conservative as a run of the mill republican.

Your party has certainly gotten its ass kicked in this last bout of special congressional elections, hasn't it? That's gotta sting. Kinda shows the handwriting on the wall, doesn't it?:laugh2:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Bush can certainly draft legislation and his administration does so all the time.

And a "conservative" democrat is still a democrat... and the most conservative democrat is still not as conservative as a run of the mill republican.

Your party has certainly gotten its ass kicked in this last bout of special congressional elections, hasn't it? That's gotta sting. Kinda shows the handwriting on the wall, doesn't it?:laugh2:

The conservatibe Dems are the ones blocking your desired surrender date, and blocking some of the pork

They are. for the most part, pro life

Somehow I see you having big issues with those Dems

Yurt
05-29-2008, 02:49 PM

more hot air and how honest of them to blame everything on bush, as if congress and the senate have absolutely no role in this country...

retiredman
05-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Somehow I see you having big issues with those Dems

you'd be wrong. the democratic party is a big tent.... there is lots of disagreement about issues in our party. I am fine with that and always have been.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 02:52 PM
you'd be wrong. the democratic party is a big tent.... there is lots of disagreement about issues in our party. I am fine with that and always have been.

Oh really? Tell that to Joe Lieberman :laugh2:

mundame
05-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey, you know what?

You're right. There is no disaster, no doom and gloom. Everything is coming up roses for the Republican party.

Your congressional candidates will win in a breeze.

Your presidential candidate is a youthful 71 who is promising to give us more of the wildly popular Bush foreign policy.

I wouldn't worry about Bob Barr. There aren't any disaffected conservatives who will vote for him.

And the fact that none of your candidates want to be seen with President Bush doesn't mean anything; it's just schedule conflicts.

Everything is good. Be sanguine....be happy, Republicans. Your time is at hand.

http://flyangler.ca/forum/style_emoticons/default/dito.gif Bravo. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/%E1llatok/animal-smiley-016.gif

mundame
05-29-2008, 02:54 PM

And there's this, too. http://www.strokeboard.net/style_emoticons/default/Good-Post.gif

We. Are. So. Incredibly. Screwed.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 02:58 PM
And there's this, too. http://www.strokeboard.net/style_emoticons/default/Good-Post.gif

We. Are. So. Incredibly. Screwed.

Only if Obama gets the WH. Then there is no stopping liberals from screwing everyone

We will go back to days of Peanut Carter. Then libs and the Bush haters will see what a real recession is

But they will blame Pres Bush for it - and not Obama and the Dem Congress

mundame
05-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Only if Obama gets the WH. Then there is no stopping liberals from screwing everyone

We will go back to days of Peanut Carter. Then libs and the Bush haters will see what a real recession is

But they will blame Pres Bush for it - and not Obama and the Dem Congress

Very likely. All of that. http://209.85.48.11/9104/76/emo/I-Am-Smiling.gif

red states rule
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Very likely. All of that. http://209.85.48.11/9104/76/emo/I-Am-Smiling.gif

Surviving Bush's Depression

I boiled one of my Birkenstocks for breakfast today. It’s not as terrible as it sounds – the Carbon Footprint caused by firing up my stove was actually offset by the Eco-Credits I earned for not wearing any shoes today. It’s not like I’ve never been forced to eat my footwear before, either. In the entire 20th Century, there was only one stock market crash, followed by one little depression. Since Bush stole the peeResidency, there has been a recession, a stock market crash, another recession, years of stagnation (not the good, Jimmy Carter kind of stagnation, either), then yesterday’s stock market crash which will likely lead to the Great Depression of our time. Thanks to the Shrub, I’ve digested enough shoes in the past six years to make Imelda Marcos gag.

I got smart after the 9/11 crash, though, and started squirrelling shoes away for the next big storm. So don’t worry about ol’ Larry, I’ll weather Bush’s Depression just fine. However, there are thousands of working families out there that can’t afford to put shoes on their dinner table. Who will care for them? Certainly not the so-called “Compassionate Conservatives”, who are far too selfish and greedy to feed someone the loafers off their own saintly feet. It must be up to us as progressives to scour the thrift stores and garage sales for every pair of used sneakers, sandals, and slippers we can find, and we must do it NOW before Bush and his gouging Big Footwear Buddies have a chance to corner the market.

It's too late to prevent Bush's depression. But together, we can rebuild America out of the ashes of Capitalism, leading it into a bright, new, social utopia with a government-issued boot in every pot and three families living in every garage.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2007/02/surviving_bushs.html

Gromit
06-05-2008, 11:50 PM
No one has refuted anything from McClellan's book yet.

hjmick
06-05-2008, 11:58 PM

What is there to refute? Presumably the man wrote the book himself. If this is indeed the case, then he drew upon his experience to do so. As such, I am sure, again presuming that he wrote it himself, that it the truth as he sees it.

Gromit
06-06-2008, 12:18 AM
I was responding to the posts claiming that the book was full of lies. I am very interested in knowing what they are but all I have so far is ad hominem arguments and unsubstantiated claims.

hjmick
06-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I was responding to the posts claiming that the book was full of lies. I am very interested in knowing what they are but all I have so far is ad hominem arguments and unsubstantiated claims.

My bad. I thought you were speaking generally.

Though I suppose my initial response could still be valid. Truthfully, I have not nor do I intend to read the book. Not my cup of tea.

bullypulpit
06-06-2008, 04:37 AM

It's just Red trying to change the subject as he can't debate the issues.

glockmail
06-06-2008, 05:42 AM
The only points that I've heard have been raised previously by the Democrats over the last 7 years and shot down. Is there anything new?

Besides the issue here (this thread) is Scott's disloyalty.