PDA

View Full Version : Wartime PTSD case jump 50 pct

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Now here is a "surge" that the Bushies were not thinking about. And probably don't care much about. As long as they can keep the cannon fodder rolling into the battlefields.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TROOPS_POST_TRAUMATIC?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-05-27-13-40-51

stephanie
05-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Now here is a "surge" that the Bushies were not thinking about. And probably don't care much about. As long as they can keep the cannon fodder rolling into the battlefields.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TROOPS_POST_TRAUMATIC?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-05-27-13-40-51

Of course there will be PTSD during a time of war, any war..
For you to make fun and turn it into a joke for your political pleasure, shows your lack of maturity..

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 12:33 AM
For you to admit the alarming nature of the massive jump shows your lack of intelligence and perception.

stephanie
05-28-2008, 12:37 AM
For you to admit the alarming nature of the massive jump shows your lack of intelligence and perception.

speaking in a mirror, my dear?

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 12:51 AM
If you can't grasp the significance of the story, I am not going to try to explain it to you.
Just keep on talking to the sled dogs...

stephanie
05-28-2008, 01:01 AM
If you can't grasp the significance of the story, I am not going to try to explain it to you.
Just keep on talking to the sled dogs...

Maturity..keep working on it..
experience life for yourself, don't just go by what everyone has fed you about others...:cheers2:

namvet
05-28-2008, 08:19 AM
they always relate this to vets. but civilians have to. it comes from:

Combat or military exposure
Child sexual or physical abuse
Terrorist attacks
Sexual or physical assault
Serious accidents, such as a car wreck.
Natural disasters, such as a fire, tornado, hurricane, flood, or earthquake.
link (link)

I think before Nam its was called shell shock.

gabosaurus
05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Excellent points, NamVet. Thanks for that link.

actsnoblemartin
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
exactly, i saw this same article, but was not gonna exploit something bad, just too get a few replies

Of course there will be PTSD during a time of war, any war..
For you to make fun and turn it into a joke for your political pleasure, shows your lack of maturity..

Mr. P
05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
PTSD has increased since WWII..but it has nothing to do with Bush nor any other President.

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:35 PM
The big jump is in THIS war, the illegal invasion by American forces into Iraq, that has precipitated this health analysis of the troops coming home.

PTSD has increased since WWII..but it has nothing to do with Bush nor any other President.

Just who was the CIC at this paricular time of national need?

crin63
06-09-2008, 12:26 PM
The part of the story I think that is missing here is how we are training up generations to expect to have mental health problems, to go looking for mental health problems and the overall increase of mental health providers.

Additionally parents are teaching their kids that being medicated is better than self control and learning to cope with their problems. I'm not saying that there aren't kids out there that need some help but good night. Parents are replacing there responsibility to teach their children self-discipline, coping and life skills with mood altering drugs more and more.

So I think it is going to have an impact on our military as well. I think the numbers will continue to go up as this current trend to parenting increases.

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate cases of PTSD either, I know there are. I've been through it myself.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 12:32 PM
The part of the story I think that is missing here is how we are training up generations to expect to have mental health problems, to go looking for mental health problems and the overall increase of mental health providers.

Additionally parents are teaching their kids that being medicated is better than self control and learning to cope with their problems. I'm not saying that there aren't kids out there that need some help but good night. Parents are replacing there responsibility to teach their children self-discipline, coping and life skills with mood altering drugs more and more.

So I think it is going to have an impact on our military as well. I think the numbers will continue to go up as this current trend to parenting increases.

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate cases of PTSD either, I know there are. I've been through it myself.

Excellent points. :clap: Do you think there is also a correlation between the frequency and/or severity of PTSD, and a lack of support at home for the particular war the PTSD sufferers are in?

crin63
06-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Excellent points. :clap: Do you think there is also a correlation between the frequency and/or severity of PTSD, and a lack of support at home for the particular war the PTSD sufferers are in?

I'm not sure, but it definitely doesn't help them. Lack of support can cause lack of morale and I would imagine that could play some part in it.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure, but it definitely doesn't help them. Lack of support can cause lack of morale and I would imagine that could play some part in it.

Yes, I think it's logical that anything that affects your state of mind, such as low morale, can aggravate a mental condition. But I'm only guessing here.

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Maybe all the lies and permanent campaigning on the part of the prez and his minions are contributing to it?

Yes, I think it's logical that anything that affects your state of mind, such as low morale, can aggravate a mental condition. But I'm only guessing here.

I often wondered in Viet Nam whether it was all worth it. It wasn't as it turned out.

actsnoblemartin
06-10-2008, 11:12 PM
vietnam from what i can gather was stupid to get into in the first place, and a waste all around.

as far as afghanistan and iraq, i guess history will be our ultimate judge

Maybe all the lies and permanent campaigning on the part of the prez and his minions are contributing to it?

I often wondered in Viet Nam whether it was all worth it. It wasn't as it turned out.

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Uhhhhh, martin. The connection between the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan exists only in the minds of the prez and a few of his minions. Everyone else now realizes that lies, propaganda and political prudence don't make for any reason to send our young men and women into a war of personal convenience and expected proof of presidential stature, don't 'cha know?

vietnam from what i can gather was stupid to get into in the first place, and a waste all around.

as far as afghanistan and iraq, i guess history will be our ultimate judge

Most Americans continue to understand why we are fighting in Afghanistan. Many, including me, never understood the invasion by American troops in Iraq.

God Bless All Of Our Troops!!!!!!!!!!! War for the vanity of anyone, however, is simply WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!