PDA

View Full Version : Flash exploit

diuretic
05-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Apologies if you've read this elsewhere and I am merely burdening you with more info but if you have Windows and run Flash you may like to take a look at this:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1189&tag=nl.e589

Malware hunters have spotted a previously unknown — and unpatched — Adobe Flash vulnerability being exploited in the wild.

The zero-day flaw has been added to the Chinese version of the MPack exploit kit and there are signs that the exploits are being injected into third-party sites to redirect targets to malware-laden servers.

Technical details on the vulnerability are not yet available. Adobe’s product security incident response team is investigating.

More at the link.

I don't know if this makes a difference but Firefox (I have 3.0b5) has an add-on which allows you to block Flash on a page but gives you the ability to activate it by simply clicking on an icon.

namvet
05-28-2008, 04:41 PM
great. i just got this in an email. adobe just posted this

flash player issue (flash player issue)

namvet
05-30-2008, 07:58 PM
ok. adobe says use their uninstall tool here (here) this tool will uninstall all previous versions as well

then install new version here (here)

here's good little free program that will find any problems and advise as what to do. it also has an end of life program that will advise you of any old programs you have. so you can update them or delete
secunia (secunia)