PDA

View Full Version : McClellan's book proves....

midcan5
05-28-2008, 06:58 PM
McClellan's book proves something that has been obvious for a long time, MSM is not liberal, and never was liberal, I do not want to offend any genuine conservatives, so for lack of a better word I will call it corporate BS. C-BS is so tied to wishy washy news, that nothing today is hard hitting in the way say, Murrow's newscasts or Eugene Smith's pictorials were. We are becoming a nation of rich and poor and yet you hear nothing about this divide. I guess maybe, today it is only the rich and connected who can go to journalism school, so the picture you get is bland BS from preppy dumb W types?

05-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Okay. Ill bite how does the book prove the media, which is clearly liberal, is not biased.

April15
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
McClellans book is just a repeat of what is known by those who have paid attention.

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Scott speaks his mind regardless his prior allegiance in this book.

We have all known for some time that gwb is an idiot and now we understand his administration is at least criminal.

Dilloduck
05-28-2008, 10:37 PM

We have all known for some time that gwb is an idiot and now we understand his administration is at least criminal.

OH YA ??? Well I bet you a nickle the next president can be even MORE of an idiot and MORE criminal. Records are made to be broken. :laugh2: Here's to another hillarious 4 more years . :cheers2:

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I will accept your concession to defeat in 2008.

OH YA ??? Well I bet you a nickle the next president can be even MORE of an idiot and MORE criminal. Records are made to be broken. :laugh2: Here's to another hillarious 4 more years . :cheers2:

And I'll up your bet to a dime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
psycho in 08, can i be your running man? :dance:

I will accept your concession to defeat in 2008.

And I'll up your bet to a dime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retiredman
05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
psycho in 08, can i be your running man? :dance:

nope.

you wouldn't pass the "test".

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Don't make the mistake of selling martin short, mfm.

nope.

you wouldn't pass the "test".

martin is vetted and accepted in my view on American politics. martin is not an enemy of yours or mine. martin is no enemy of anyone as far as I can see. Why do you insist?

retiredman
05-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Don't make the mistake of selling martin short, mfm.

martin is vetted and accepted in my view on American politics. martin is not an enemy of yours or mine. martin is no enemy of anyone as far as I can see. Why do you insist?

because he neg reps me like a homo bitch all the time sticking up for his butt buddies. that , and he is dumb as a box of rocks.

manu1959
05-28-2008, 11:40 PM
so when scott was working in the white house he was a liar but never spoke up.....now that he has quit he is and honest man with morals and integrity.....

Psychoblues
05-28-2008, 11:56 PM
He spoke loudly with his uncomfortableness, m'59.

so when scott was working in the white house he was a liar but never spoke up.....now that he has quit he is and honest man with morals and integrity.....

You didn't hear it? Why am I not surprised?

manu1959
05-29-2008, 12:10 AM
He spoke loudly with his uncomfortableness, m'59.

You didn't hear it? Why am I not surprised?

really.....he was spouting the party line when he was at the mic.....if it was so awful and corrupt why was he there so long compromising his morals and ethics......

live on your feet or die on your knees.......reminds me of richard clarke.....he got hit a half dozen times on his watch.....then when he gets fired after 911 blames bush for all his failures......and yes i have read the book and seen him speak.....

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 12:24 AM
He thought lies were his living at the time, m'59.

really.....he was spouting the party line when he was at the mic.....if it was so awful and corrupt why was he there so long compromising his morals and ethics......

live on your feet or die on your knees.......reminds me of richard clarke.....he got hit a half dozen times on his watch.....then when he gets fired after 911 blames bush for all his failures......and yes i have read the book and seen him speak.....

He has since discovered that only the truth will set him free. Do you have specific argumentation to dispute his claims?

manu1959
05-29-2008, 12:36 AM
He thought lies were his living at the time, m'59.
He has since discovered that only the truth will set him free. Do you have specific argumentation to dispute his claims?

i always find it interesting when for years someone is one way then does a 180......and those that called him a liar then believe him now.....

your enemy is now your friend....and ally now your enemy....sorry but i don't buy it.....

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 12:58 AM
I can dig it, m'59. But I never knew the administration ever to call him a liar in the past.

i always find it interesting when for years someone is one way then does a 180......and those that called him a liar then believe him now.....

your enemy is now your friend....and ally now your enemy....sorry but i don't buy it.....

The 180 degree is perplezing, isn't it? Didn't even your small mind see it coming?

manu1959
05-29-2008, 01:05 AM
I can dig it, m'59. But I never knew the administration ever to call him a liar in the past.
The 180 degree is perplezing, isn't it? Didn't even your small mind see it coming?

the left called him a liar and a cheat in the past and now they hold him up as a prophet of truth.....one must wonder at about both.....

it seems your accusations my in fact be freudain projection.....

Psychoblues
05-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Care to link me to any accusation of the left calling Scott McClellan a liar or a cheat? Seems to me that you are at the very least distorting the truth and possibly even lying to support a ridiculous theory. It is not a secret that reichwingers will distort the history of events to suit themselves.

the left called him a liar and a cheat in the past and now they hold him up as a prophet of truth.....one must wonder at about both.....

It seems your accusations may in fact be freudain projection.....

Carry on, student of Freudian Projection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

midcan5
05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Okay. Ill bite how does the book prove the media, which is clearly liberal, is not biased.

Because MSM supported the war effort and was part and parcel of the propaganda and fear that made an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation Ok.

And April15 is correct but the wingnut MSM propaganda machine presented a simpler argument and buried what little truth there was under a mushroom cloud of distortion.

ranger
05-31-2008, 01:09 PM
The only thing that this book proves is the Scott McClellan is a fucking hypocrite. I find it hard to believe that he found his morals and conscience after getting the big advance check from the publishing company.

midcan5
05-31-2008, 01:10 PM

If a 'left,' your favorite bogeyman existed, the point was missed as it took till now for him to personally feel he screwed America by his distortions. He only confirms what was known by many.

midcan5
05-31-2008, 01:11 PM
The only thing that this book proves is the Scott McClellan is a fucking hypocrite. I find it hard to believe that he found his morals and conscience after getting the big advance check from the publishing company.

That's only because you see the world through a narrow mind.

ranger
05-31-2008, 09:36 PM

Nope, it's because I can smell bullshit when it's being shovelled out. McClellan spends three years as the press secretary and has no problem with what's going on in the White House. Suddenly, a publishing company comes along and offers $$$$$$$$$ and he's horrified at what happened. SO, what's his excuse for going along with the program for so long? "I was only following orders" doesn't cut it since Nuremburg, so what's he going to say?

05-31-2008, 11:33 PM

We know nothing of the sort. You might imagine this to be the case. And you might ignore all evidence to the contrary. But that doesnt mean its true or even likely to be true.

05-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Because MSM supported the war effort and was part and parcel of the propaganda and fear that made an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation Ok.

And April15 is correct but the wingnut MSM propaganda machine presented a simpler argument and buried what little truth there was under a mushroom cloud of distortion.

There was nothing illegal about the liberation of Iraq. The only requirement for it to be legal is the authorization of Congress. Congress authorized military action twice. First, following 9/11 when it authorized the President to go to war with any nation that supports terrorism. Second, when the Democrats insisted on having another vote, specifically on Iraq, because they wanted to be on the record as being for the war. Both votes were completely legal. Hence, its impossible for them to have gone to war illegally.

Also, I don't know where you were the past 5 or so years, but the MSM has been against the war in Iraq from the beginning.

05-31-2008, 11:38 PM
If a 'left,' your favorite bogeyman existed, the point was missed as it took till now for him to personally feel he screwed America by his distortions. He only confirms what was known by many.

yeah, cause no one has ever told people what they want to hear to make money. We should without any serious examination just assume that Scott is being honest now because it supports the Neo-Comunist agenda.

05-31-2008, 11:40 PM

When the narrow lense is critical examination of the facts, people tend to get a pretty well rounded world view.

starwolf
06-01-2008, 03:49 AM
yes true smells like cattle yard stuff...why be quite for so long...

Sitarro
06-01-2008, 03:55 AM
McClellan's book proves something that has been obvious for a long time, MSM is not liberal, and never was liberal, I do not want to offend any genuine conservatives, so for lack of a better word I will call it corporate BS. C-BS is so tied to wishy washy news, that nothing today is hard hitting in the way say, Murrow's newscasts or Eugene Smith's pictorials were. We are becoming a nation of rich and poor and yet you hear nothing about this divide. I guess maybe, today it is only the rich and connected who can go to journalism school, so the picture you get is bland BS from preppy dumb W types?

Soros backed publisher who is a flaming faggot liberal....... what a surprise. You dimwits are a riot.

Psychoblues
06-01-2008, 04:21 AM
You dumbasses are a riot!!!!!!!! It is no wonder this board can't grow as intended by jimnyc. Who in hell wants to argue against such hypocrits and those that can do 180 degrees in such an instant?

Scott did well in the White House. The prez said so, so that must be so, correct? Scott tells some truth and you jerks can't take it. I have not heard in this entire conversation any refutation of his remarks in the book but only namecalling and character assination for him and any that at least give honest consideration to his relevations. Shame on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
06-01-2008, 07:25 AM
You dumbasses are a riot!!!!!!!! It is no wonder this board can't grow as intended by jimnyc. Who in hell wants to argue against such hypocrits and those that can do 180 degrees in such an instant?

Scott did well in the White House. The prez said so, so that must be so, correct? Scott tells some truth and you jerks can't take it. I have not heard in this entire conversation any refutation of his remarks in the book but only namecalling and character assination for him and any that at least give honest consideration to his relevations. Shame on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you mean revelations, board idiot? Psycho, you have always been playing with half a deck but it seems you have misplaced even more cards...... do you have a brain aneurism or did you wreck one of those redneck ugly cars going around the mud track?

midcan5
06-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Soros backed publisher who is a flaming faggot liberal....... what a surprise. You dimwits are a riot.

LOL - such profound analysis, how do you think Soros pulled off this amazing turn around? But who is this Soros guy you refer to? Only one I could find didn't seem as you describe, you sure you have the right guy Swifty?

http://www.soros.org/about/bios/a_soros

"As his financial success mounted, Soros applied his wealth to help foster the development of open societies. In 1979, Soros provided funds to help black students attend the University of Cape Town in apartheid South Africa. Soon he created a foundation in Hungary to support culture and education and the country’s transition to democracy. (One of his projects imported photocopy machines that allowed citizens and activists in Hungary to spread information and publish censored materials.) Soros also distributed funds to the underground Solidarity movement in Poland, Charter 77 in Czechoslovakia, and the Soviet physicist-dissident Andrei Sakharov. In 1982, Soros named his philanthropic organization the Open Society Fund, in honor of Karl Popper, and began granting scholarships to students from Eastern Europe. Bolstered by the success of these projects, Soros created more programs to assist the free flow of information. He supported educational radio programs in Mongolia and later contributed $100 million to provide Internet access to every regional university in Russia."

red states rule
06-01-2008, 08:12 AM
The book could have ben written by liberal twits and the contents taken from their posts

Media Agrees with Rove: McClellan Book Has Lefty-Blogger Tone
By Tim Graham | June 1, 2008 - 08:09 ET

When Karl Rove went on Fox and suggested former White House press secretary Scott McClellan sounded like a left-wing blogger in his book, he was hardly alone. Reporter Mike Allen of the Politico completely endorsed that view on a giddy Wednesday night "special edition"of MSNBC’s "Hardball" exploiting the McClellan book, even though he thought the valiant David Gregory yelling at a series of press secretaries proved them wrong. MRC’s Geoff Dickens sent me the transcript:

MIKE ALLEN, POLITICO: The other great power of this book is that it validates, as David [Gregory] said, these criticisms that have come from the liberal and left wing bloggers.

MATTHEWS: Right.

ALLEN: Most especially his point that the White House press corps was too deferential to this administration. David and I have fought back about those charges over the years. Largely because of the work of people like David Gregory it just wasn’t true. But now the left can say, "Even Scott McClellan says you guys were too easy on the Bushies."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/06/01/media-agrees-rove-mcclellan-book-has-lefty-blogger-tone

red states rule
06-02-2008, 11:23 AM
LOL - such profound analysis, how do you think Soros pulled off this amazing turn around? But who is this Soros guy you refer to? Only one I could find didn't seem as you describe, you sure you have the right guy Swifty?

http://www.soros.org/about/bios/a_soros

"As his financial success mounted, Soros applied his wealth to help foster the development of open societies. In 1979, Soros provided funds to help black students attend the University of Cape Town in apartheid South Africa. Soon he created a foundation in Hungary to support culture and education and the country’s transition to democracy. (One of his projects imported photocopy machines that allowed citizens and activists in Hungary to spread information and publish censored materials.) Soros also distributed funds to the underground Solidarity movement in Poland, Charter 77 in Czechoslovakia, and the Soviet physicist-dissident Andrei Sakharov. In 1982, Soros named his philanthropic organization the Open Society Fund, in honor of Karl Popper, and began granting scholarships to students from Eastern Europe. Bolstered by the success of these projects, Soros created more programs to assist the free flow of information. He supported educational radio programs in Mongolia and later contributed $100 million to provide Internet access to every regional university in Russia."

More proof the book was not written by Scott but by the publisher

Scott McClellan Originally Planned to Attack Media, Defend Bush
By Matthew Sheffield | June 2, 2008 - 10:44 ET

Although today his book is being touted by left-wing reporters and pundits, his initial plans for the project show former White House press secretary Scott McClellan intended to take a much different approach, one that was more sympathetic to President Bush but also quite hard on the "liberal elites" of the Washington press corps and their "hostility" toward the administration.

Reading through McClellan's original book proposal, obtained by Politico.com, it is clear that before his editor Peter Osnos took the book on a sharp leftward turn, McClellan wanted to turn the tables on foes in the press gallery including far-left columnist Helen Thomas and NBC correspondent David Gregory.

"I came to know and respect those who were assigned to the White House beat. They are solid professionals, but rarely scrutinized or put under the microscope. I will take a look at notable personalities in the White House Briefing Room, including David Gregory and Helen Thomas. I anticipate an entire chapter about the former," McClellan writes in his proposal.

According to McClellan, America's elite journalists have a dramatic problem with political diversity which in turn leads them to skew the political debate in a leftward direction. The media are in a "constant state of denial" when it comes to admitting this.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2008/06/02/scot-mcclellan-originally-wanted-attack-media-defend-bush