PDA

View Full Version : New York state and the equal protection clause...

bullypulpit
05-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Article 4 Section 1 of the United States Constitution states,

<blockquote>Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.</blockquote>

New York will live up to this commitment in the decision by Gov. David Paterson to honor same-gender unions from other localities, which are currently limited to Massachusetts, California and Canada.

<center><a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/29/nyregion/29marriage.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin>New York to Back Same-Sex Unions From Elsewhere</a></center>

Contrary to the protestations of opponents of same-gender unions, this will not lead to cats and dogs copulating with each other in the streets...fire and brimstone falling from the sky...every straight person waking up one morning with a hankering to screw their neighbors of the same gender...or halitosis.

05-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Except the full faith and credit clause doesn't support your position here.

However, I've also been saying for years this is why we need a federal amendment. So the left cant use the full faith and credit clause argument. You guys told me I was delusional. After all you just all support states rights on the issue.

Atleast till i was convenient for you.

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Pennsylvania has similar legislation. For the benefit of and protection from some of its rural citizens.
It's called "The anal protection law." :p

5stringJeff
05-31-2008, 11:40 AM
So will the other 49 states recognize my concealed carry permit?

bullypulpit
06-02-2008, 10:41 AM
So will the other 49 states recognize my concealed carry permit?

They should. If you've gone through the process and demonstrated the ability to carry a fire-arm responsibly...Who cares? I don't.

bullypulpit
06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Except the full faith and credit clause doesn't support your position here.

However, I've also been saying for years this is why we need a federal amendment. So the left cant use the full faith and credit clause argument. You guys told me I was delusional. After all you just all support states rights on the issue.

Atleast till i was convenient for you.

And why doesn't it? There is no demonstrable harm, either to the individuals involved nor to society at large, in granting same gender couples the same rights, privileges and responsibilities traditional couples have long enjoyed in the institution of marriage. Whether one wishes to call it a "civil-union" or "marriage" is simply semantics if the same rights are conferred by the state.

Oh...And lest you forget, Jim Crow laws were a state's rights issue as well.

glockmail
06-02-2008, 11:00 AM
....There is no demonstrable harm, ......

It looks like the Chief Queer Enabler is back- after getting his ass kicked in another thread. :lol:

actsnoblemartin
06-02-2008, 01:47 PM
But I want to marry my owner

sincerely Sparky the golden retriever :poop:

Article 4 Section 1 of the United States Constitution states,

<blockquote>Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.</blockquote>

New York will live up to this commitment in the decision by Gov. David Paterson to honor same-gender unions from other localities, which are currently limited to Massachusetts, California and Canada.

<center><a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/29/nyregion/29marriage.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin>New York to Back Same-Sex Unions From Elsewhere</a></center>

Contrary to the protestations of opponents of same-gender unions, this will not lead to cats and dogs copulating with each other in the streets...fire and brimstone falling from the sky...every straight person waking up one morning with a hankering to screw their neighbors of the same gender...or halitosis.

bullypulpit
06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
It looks like the Chief Queer Enabler is back- after getting his ass kicked in another thread. :lol:

You mistake boredom with your stupidity on my part with victory on your part. :finger3:

bullypulpit
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
But I want to marry my owner

sincerely Sparky the golden retriever :poop:

Jesus Marty...You been listening to Rick Santorum again? The only ones suggesting that marriage, whether traditional or same-gender, should be between anything but consenting adults are the right wing-nuts who, for reasons known only to them, are opposed to same-gender unions.

glockmail
06-02-2008, 03:45 PM
You mistake boredom with your stupidity on my part with victory on your part. :finger3: I will consider your insult to me in response to your ass kicking from me to be acknowledgement that your ass is thus bruised.

bullypulpit
06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I will consider your insult to me in response to your ass kicking from me to be acknowledgement that your ass is thus bruised.

Ummm...Not so much. It's mostly a sharp pain behind my left eye from reading your inane, jejeune posts.

Now, do you want to debate the issues raised here? Or are you just trolling again? Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question as we all know it's the latter. :)

Dismissed.

glockmail
06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Ummm...Not so much. It's mostly a sharp pain behind my left eye from reading your inane, jejeune posts.

Now, do you want to debate the issues raised here? Or are you just trolling again? Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question as we all know it's the latter. :)

Dismissed. Look who’s trolling now. We've debated this before, and you always pull the same shit Lucy.

bullypulpit
06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Look who’s trolling now. We've debated this before, and you always pull the same shit Lucy.

What shit might that be? I present facts with citations and links...You tap dance away. The only shit here is yours, and it's weak at that. Put up or shut up, troll.

Now, why should same gender couples be denied equal protection under the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution since their unions are now recognized in three US states?

glockmail
06-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Everything that I've posted here is searchable. If you can’t remember, then knock yourself out. And blow those “tap dance” and “troll” comments out your ass. :pee:

With respect to your new argument: States Rights.

bullypulpit
06-03-2008, 04:59 AM
Everything that I've posted here is searchable. If you can’t remember, then knock yourself out. And blow those “tap dance” and “troll” comments out your ass. :pee:

With respect to your new argument: States Rights.

I knew you'd scurry away like a cockroach when the lights are turned on. You may have provided links, but their objectivity and independence of the sites linked to is suspect, and I'm being generous.

With respect to "State's Rights": Jim Crow.

glockmail
06-03-2008, 07:44 AM
I knew you'd scurry away like a cockroach when the lights are turned on. You may have provided links, but their objectivity and independence of the sites linked to is suspect, and I'm being generous.

With respect to "State's Rights": Jim Crow.

You seem to forget that your "unbiased, peer reviewed” researcher was unmasked as the pro-queer advocate that he is.

With regards to Jim Crow, you are trying to equate race with a sexual deviancy. Sorry, but that don’t fly. Also, as another poster has already told you, for your argument to be true, my concealed carry weapons permit would have to be honored in all 50 states. Oops.