PDA

View Full Version : May Ratings: FNC Stays On Top

red states rule
05-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Despite a concentrated effort by the rabid libs to dis credit, Fox Remains #1

No wonder LSDNBC, Chris Matthews, and Keith Overbite is pissed at Fox News

May Ratings: FNC Stays On Top
For the 77th consecutive month, FNC finished first in total day and prime time ratings during May. FNC was the sixth highest rated cable network on all of basic cable during prime time for the month (CNN and MSNBC finished 19th and 26th) and the seventh rated network in total day (CNN and MSNBC were 19th and 27th).

FNC also had 11 out of the top 13 programs in cable during the month in Total Viewers. The O'Reilly Factor was the #1 program in cable news for the 90th consecutive month, and saw gains in Total Viewers year-to-year (26%).

Amercia's Newsroom (9-11amET) was up 30% year-to-year, with the program averaging more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined during the time period.

Meanwhile, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren has been #1 for 73 consecutive months in Total Viewers while Hannity & Colmes has been #1 in its timeslot for 54 consecutive months.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/may_ratings_fnc_stays_on_top_85816.asp

Classact
05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I used to watch Bill O'reilly every night but lately he just pisses me off. I think he is either an Obama supporter or is kissing up to him to get him on his show and the other stupid shit he says about gas prices and so on is garbage. I never miss Hannity, I love the dude like a brother!

Little-Acorn
05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
It refers only to Fox News Channel, which features news and opinion shows only, not the various Fox affiliates showing American Idol and other general shows. Completely stomping its more liberal competitors as viewers flee CNN, MSNBC etc. in search of programming that clearly separates News from Opinion.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 11:05 AM
I used to watch Bill O'reilly every night but lately he just pisses me off. I think he is either an Obama supporter or is kissing up to him to get him on his show and the other stupid shit he says about gas prices and so on is garbage. I never miss Hannity, I love the dude like a brother!

Bill is a fair guiy ahnd calls it down the middle. He is wrong about gas prices and his rants against the oil companies

Sean is great. Every night he chews up and spits out the liberal moonbat Alan Colmes

red states rule
05-29-2008, 11:07 AM
It refers only to Fox News Channel, which features news and opinion shows only, not the various Fox affiliates showing American Idol and other general shows. Completely stomping its more liberal competitors as viewers flee CNN, MSNBC etc. in search of programming that clearly separates News from Opinion.

As far as cable news networkk, Fox News destroys CNN, MSNBC, an HN

The libs hate these numbers, because they see people do not want to see the news slanted toward Dems

Fox News is fair and balanced. They have many libs on to give their opinions -something the other cable news nets do not do

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Is this supposed to be important?
Well, I know it is important to RSR, since he has nothing to do but watch TV and post on this board. I wonder if he ever leaves the house.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Is this supposed to be important?
Well, I know it is important to RSR, since he has nothing to do but watch TV and post on this board. I wonder if he ever leaves the house.

Gabby does have this obsesion with me. She can't even attempt to address the topic, but has to change the subject and attack

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Gabby does have this obsesion with me. She can't even attempt to address the topic, but has to change the subject and attack

I did address the topic. Nobody cares about Fox's ratings. Except you.
Of course I am obsessed with you. As a psychology major, I am drawn to people who need help. And lots of it. :lmao:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Of course I am obsessed with you. As a psychology major, I am drawn to people who need help. And lots of it. :lmao:

Nobody cares? Your fellow moonbats over at CNN, LSDNBC, and HN care. They are liosing viewers and money. Libs are constantly attacking Fox News, yet the network keeps growing

As far as you being a shrink, you need to see one to help you with your obsession over me. Are all liberal shrinks so tolerant as you are? :laugh2:

glockmail
05-29-2008, 12:01 PM

Actually advertisers rely on these figures, then toss money at the high earners to get their products exposed to the most people.

By the way, isn't Glen Beck the highest rated show on CNN Headline? I wonder whay that is?

red states rule
05-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Actually advertisers rely on these figures, then toss money at the high earners to get their products exposed to the most people.

By the way, isn't Glen Beck the highest rated show on CNN Headline? I wonder whay that is?

Glen was CNN's token conservative and he has the top show?

Wolfe Blitzed must be so pissed :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Perhaps you care if you depend on cable news channels for your information.
I personally don't care who succeeds and who flounders. I watch Fox as much as I watch CNN or MSNBC. Which is nada.

RSR cares because he doesn't have anything to do but watch TV.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I personally don't care who succeeds and who flounders. I watch Fox as much as I watch CNN or MSNBC. Which is nada.

RSR cares because he doesn't have anything to do but watch TV.

Where do you get your "news" from? Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Dem Underground?

I do not watch TV at all during the day. I listen to Rush, Sean, and Mark Levin via the internet

Fox News kills the competition by a 2:1 margin

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_tuesday_may_28_85864.asp#more

glockmail
05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
.... .

And you get yours from where, dear?
:laugh2:

glockmail
05-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Glen was CNN's token conservative and he has the top show?

Wolfe Blitzed must be so pissed :laugh2: http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/21/news-or-nancy-grace-headline-news-viewers-have-voted-with-their-remotes/#more-844

Check out the vitriol by the Lib commentors. :lol:

Little-Acorn
05-29-2008, 01:45 PM

It's always a hoot to see people like gabby press their hands over their ears, squeeze their eyes tightly shut, and repeat "I can't hear you, I don't care, it doesn't matter, I can't hear you, I don't care......" over and over very loudly.

And she calls this "addressing the topic". :lol:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 01:49 PM
It's always a hoot to see people like gabby press their hands over their ears, squeeze their eyes tightly shut, and repeat "I can't hear you, I don't care, it doesn't matter, I can't hear you, I don't care......" over and over very loudly.

And she calls this "addressing the topic". :lol:

Gabby is what you would call a professional whiner

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
So how is saying that I don't care which cable news channel is top rated considered whining? It's merely a statement of opinion.
This is Los Angeles. We have good local news channels. I can also keep up with anything on the internet.
It's not like I am living in Bumfuck, Pennsylvania where Fox is the only provider.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
So how is saying that I don't care which cable news channel is top rated considered whining? It's merely a statement of opinion.
This is Los Angeles. We have good local news channels. I can also keep up with anything on the internet.
It's not like I am living in Bumfuck, Pennsylvania where Fox is the only provider.

Much to your dismay Gabby, the voters here in "Bumfuck, Pennsylvania" vote, and we do not vote for Dems :laugh2:

Yurt
05-29-2008, 07:38 PM

i thought you live in OC...tsk tsk, i'm telling my OC friends you said that :laugh2:

mundame
05-29-2008, 08:43 PM
I think Fox is just better television, that's why it's ratings are good.

The Brit Hume panel, for instance --- we watch it every weeknight.

The wild swooping special effects they've started with the Shep Smith news at 7, though, that badly needs to be toned down. I have to turn it off, it's such a light show.

But they experiment a lot and dare to be bold; I like it generally.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 08:46 PM
I think Fox is just better television, that's why it's ratings are good.

The Brit Hume panel, for instance --- we watch it every weeknight.

The wild swooping special effects they've started with the Shep Smith news at 7, though, that badly needs to be toned down. I have to turn it off, it's such a light show.

But they experiment a lot and dare to be bold; I like it generally.

and they are not biased to one party, and do not play favorites

mundame
05-29-2008, 08:48 PM
and they are not biased to one party, and do not play favorites

They are fairly rightwing, but they're okay.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
They are fairly rightwing, but they're okay.

Fox News has more liberals on to give their opinions then the numbers of conservatives that are on CNN and PMSNBC have conservatives on combined

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I live in Orange County. Our local news comes from Los Angeles stations.
Duh....

Fox News has more liberals on to give their opinions then the numbers of conservatives that are on CNN and PMSNBC have conservatives on combined

:laugh2: :laugh2:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I live in Orange County. Our local news comes from Los Angeles stations.
Duh....

:laugh2: :laugh2:

So you care to take the challenge? You tell us the names of conservatives that appear on CNN and PMSNBC to give their opinions, and I list the libs that Fox News has on (almost daily)

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 09:08 PM
REAL liberals do not appear on Fox. I would term the ones you are thinking of as moderates at best.

Your problem is that you consider any political pundit who is not in the Bush camp as "liberal."

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:10 PM
REAL liberals do not appear on Fox. I would term the ones you are thinking of as moderates at best.

Your problem is that you consider any political pundit who is not in the Bush camp as "liberal."

So Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Wesley Clarke, Mary Ann Marsh, Bob Shrum (to name just a dew) are not REAL liberals?

Yurt
05-29-2008, 09:47 PM
So Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Wesley Clarke, Mary Ann Marsh, Bob Shrum (to name just a dew) are not REAL liberals?

gabs thinks hillary is not a liberal...:eek:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:48 PM
gabs thinks hillary is not a liberal...:eek:

Gabby is to the left of Castro

red states rule
05-30-2008, 04:57 AM
A great example why LSDNBC is losing viewers to Fox News

Olbermann Touts Truce—Then Proposes Impeachment
By Mark Finkelstein | May 29, 2008 - 23:25 ET

Of all the people to call for a "truce" on excessive partisanship . . .

Interviewing Scott McClellan tonight, Keith Olbermann sanctimoniously suggested that a "truce" on rough political tactics "would be nice." But speaking with John Dean just minutes later, the Countdown host—he who has repeatedly called President Bush a liar and a fascist—reverted to form and regretted that it might be too late to impeach him.

SCOTT MCCLELLAN: [The 1988] election was very much a turning-point election. I think that George Bush, George Bush 41, George Herbert Walker Bush, is a decent individual, and a man who really believes in civility, but he, his advisors around him, knew the only way they could win was to bring down his opponent and go fully negative, and paint Michael Dukakis completely to the left. A guy who had painted himself—who had a record of trying to work to the center in a lot of ways [Ed: ?].

And, um, that legacy continues to this day, and Senator McCain says that he's going to speak out against that and not let that happen. I think that would be good for the country if that is the case. But there are certainly plenty of groups on the Republican side that are going to go forward with that kind of strategy. [Unlike groups on the Dem side. You know, like the kind-and-gentle one that ran the dragging-murder ad against W in 2000.]

KEITH OLBERMANN: Yeah. Truce would be nice.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/05/29/olbermann-wishes-partisan-truce-then-proposes-bush-impeachment

mundame
05-30-2008, 09:30 AM

Right.

Mort Kondracke, for example. He is often on the Fox News Panel, but it was only this spring I even realized he was a Democrat (Fred Barnes accused him of it on air)! He's so moderate, I thought he was a disapproving Republican.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Right.

Mort Kondracke, for example. He is often on the Fox News Panel, but it was only this spring I even realized he was a Democrat (Fred Barnes accused him of it on air)! He's so moderate, I thought he was a disapproving Republican.

You also have Kristian Powers, who worked in the Clinton adminiatration. You also see Ellen Ratner on Fox News, who has her own liberal radio talk show

I guess they are not "real" liberals either to Gabby