PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama’s Unlikely Supporter: Rupert 'Fox News' Murdoch

Yurt
05-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Barack Obama’s Unlikely Supporter: Rupert 'Fox News' Murdoch
Posted May 29, 2008 12:34pm EDT by Sarah Lacy in Investing, Internet,

Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg had a long day of grilling executives at their All Things Digital Conference. But they saved Rupert Murdoch -- their Wall Street Journal overlord -- for last. The highlight? Murdoch’s not-quite-but-almost endorsement of Barack Obama for president

The founder -- and defender -- of Fox News said he expected Obama to win in a landslide, citing widespread unhappiness with the current administration and his disenchantment with Republican contender John McCain. Murdoch added that after a long career in the Senate, McCain had been forced to compromise too much and doesn’t stand for much. Murdoch even nonchalantly owned up to influencing the New York Post to back Obama in the New York primary.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/20951/Barack-Obama%E2%80%99s-Unlikely-Supporter-Rupert-'Fox-News'-Murdoch?tickers=nws,msft,yhoo,nyt

viva la revolution

PostmodernProphet
05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
not good....the libs will be lost without him to hate.....

retiredman
05-29-2008, 04:44 PM
we'll get over it really quickly.

Can you imagine if he mobilizes ALL of his media outlets to shill for Obama? Methinks we might soon be watching the Colmes and Hannity Show!:lol:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, HN, and most newspapers are currently shilling for Obama.

Why would they change?

retiredman
05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, HN, and most newspapers are currently shilling for Obama.

Why would they change?

Are they owned by Rupert Murdock?

red states rule
05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Are they owned by Rupert Murdock?

A recent study shows once again, the liberal medias bias

Character and the Primaries of 2008May 29, 2008
If campaigns for president are in part a battle for control of the master narrative about character, Democrat Barack Obama has not enjoyed a better ride in the press than rival Hillary Clinton, according to a new study of primary coverage by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism and the Joan Shorenstein Center on Press, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University.

From January 1, just before the Iowa caucuses, through March 9, following the Texas and Ohio contests, the height of the primary season, the dominant personal narratives in the media about Obama and Clinton were almost identical in tone, and were both twice as positive as negative, according to the study, which examined the coverage of the candidates’ character, history, leadership and appeal—apart from the electoral results and the tactics of their campaigns.

The trajectory of the coverage, however, began to turn against Obama, and did so well before questions surfaced about his pastor Jeremiah Wright. Shortly after Clinton criticized the media for being soft on Obama during a debate, the narrative about him began to turn more skeptical—and indeed became more negative than the coverage of Clinton herself. What’s more, an additional analysis of more general campaign topics suggests the Obama narrative became even more negative later in March, April and May.

On the Republican side, John McCain, the candidate who quickly clinched his party’s nomination, has had a harder time controlling his message in the press. Fully 57% of the narratives studied about him were critical in nature, though a look back through 2007 reveals the storyline about the Republican nominee has steadily improved with time.

http://www.journalism.org/node/11266

retiredman
05-29-2008, 04:55 PM
are you capable of answering a simple question?

are the media outlets you listed owned by Rupert Murdock? yes or no:lol:

midcan5
05-29-2008, 08:56 PM
A recent study shows once again, the liberal medias bias

HUH!!! Did I miss that part or do have liberal as a cataract?

McCain is a flip flopper par excellence, even a rabid wingnut like you should see that by now.

MSM is conservative, McCellan proved it once more.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:01 PM
HUH!!! Did I miss that part or do have liberal as a cataract?

McCain is a flip flopper par excellence, even a rabid wingnut like you should see that by now.

MSM is conservative, McCellan proved it once more.

The liberal media even gives money to mostly Democrats. How shocking :laugh2:

SHOCKING Study: Journalists give primarily to Democrats!!!
Right now, you could knock me over with a feather.

MSNBC made the SHOCKING discovery:

A CNN reporter gave $500 to John Kerry's campaign the same month he was embedded with the U.S. Army in Iraq. An assistant managing editor at Forbes magazine not only sent $2,000 to Republicans, but also volunteers as a director of an ExxonMobil-funded group that questions global warming. A junior editor at Dow Jones Newswires gave $1,036 to the liberal group MoveOn.org and keeps a blog listing "people I don't like," starting with George Bush, Pat Robertson, the Christian Coalition, the NRA and corporate America ("these are the people who are really in charge").

MSNBC.com identified 144 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission. Most of the newsroom checkbooks leaned to the left: 125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 17 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties.

The pattern of donations, with nearly nine out of 10 giving to Democratic candidates and causes, appears to confirm a leftward tilt in newsrooms.

Gee, you mean most mainstream media journalists lean to the left and support liberal causes!? Say it isn't so!!!

http://cassyfiano.blogspot.com/2007/06/shocking-study-journalists-give.html

and

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19113485/

retiredman
05-29-2008, 09:04 PM
keep running away from embarrassing questions, RSR. You make a living doing so.... but not for that much longer, eh?

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:06 PM
keep running away from embarrassing questions, RSR. You make a living doing so.... but not for that much longer, eh?

The only one embarrased on this board is you. That is why you are not here much anymore :laugh2:

midcan5
05-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Gee, you mean most mainstream media journalists lean to the left and support liberal causes!? Say it isn't so!!!

You show me some hard hitting news and I'll start to think the MSM is tough and leans liberal. I see nothing but blather. A few opinion people lean left but they are countered by lots of right wingnuts. Scott McClellan is the only hard hitting news recently and guess who he was.

retiredman
05-29-2008, 09:10 PM
The only one embarrased on this board is you. That is why you are not here much anymore :laugh2:

not at all. Are you saying that you are actually going to start answering my questions, or is that all bullshit like everything else you post?

If so, try answering #5

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:12 PM
not at all. Are you saying that you are actually going to start answering my questions, or is that all bullshit like everything else you post?

If so, try answering #5

Since you kiss the ass of Barry, you would never admit the liberal media is in the tank for Obama

It is clear for all to see, and the ratings of CNN and PMSNBC show people do not want their news slanted in any direction

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:32 PM
So please tell us again how the liberal media is not in the tank for Obama.....

Newsweek Pens Cover Story That's a Friendly Obama Advice Memo
By Tim Graham | May 29, 2008 - 17:43 ET

The cover of this week’s Newsweek read "Obama, Race, and Us." But the cover story isn’t really a news report at all. It’s Newsweek’s Evan Thomas playing Obama adviser, writing a memo offering all his wisdom on behalf of the Democrat. When you really want the Democrats to win, you apparently start telling them how they should (and shouldn’t) do it. The headline was "Memo to Senator Obama: Given his successes, it's easy to argue that Barack Obama doesn't need advice. But how he'll handle race going forward is by no means a settled issue. Our open letter."

Thomas oddly argued that Obama will be the beneficiary of gaffes (not the provider?), but must provide the people with solidly liberal policy alternatives that will be the more helpful to the lower-income voters than the Republicans:

You are asking the wary to trust you, so your promises, and policy, must ring true. Your opponents will make gaffes, and you'll be able to capitalize on them. Last week Clinton referred to Robert F. Kennedy's June 1968 assassination in defending her decision to keep her campaign going. (She later said she regretted if her comments were "in any way offensive.")

But it's a tricky business. You can't seem petty or muddle your message of running a different kind of campaign. You wisely resisted the temptation to pander on gas prices, to scorn McCain and Clinton for offering a gas-tax "holiday" this summer that would probably not do much to lower gas prices – but could put more greenhouse emissions in the air and loot into the bank accounts of the petro-dictators. But you have much to offer lower-income voters. It is a fact that more poor and uninsured people will get better health care under your plan than McCain's. (McCain has called your plan too expensive and said it would saddle the government with an "entitlement program … that Washington will let get out of control.") The Republican candidate's answer to the vanishing of jobs offshore is to tell voters that, in the long run, free trade is good for them. You can promise to bring those jobs home with tougher trade policies. McCain wants to continue the Bush tax cuts; you will raise taxes on the rich to pay for benefits that will primarily help the middle and lower class.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/05/29/newsweek-pens-cover-story-thats-friendly-obama-advice-memo

retiredman
05-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Since you kiss the ass of Barry, you would never admit the liberal media is in the tank for Obama

It is clear for all to see, and the ratings of CNN and PMSNBC show people do not want their news slanted in any direction
but you ignored the subject of the thread!

not exactly a surprise
:lol:

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:43 PM
but you ignored the subject of the thread!

not exactly a surprise
:lol:

Not at all. The owner of a "right wing" network thinks Obama wil win. Kind of blows the libs rants about Fox News being biased

You on the other hand, stick your head in the sand over the liberal bias of most of the media

retiredman
05-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Explain then, how your post #4 had ANYTHING to do with my post #3, and why you have avoided answering my post #5.

I'll wait

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Explain then, how your post #4 had ANYTHING to do with my post #3, and why you have avoided answering my post #5.

I'll wait

More ducking, ducking, and trying to change the subject

No wonder you are not taken seriously here anymore,

retiredman
05-29-2008, 09:56 PM
More ducking, ducking, and trying to change the subject

No wonder you are not taken seriously here anymore,

Rupert Murdock IS the subject. Now quit spinning and answer the question....

or run away.

your choice.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Rupert Murdock IS the subject. Now quit spinning and answer the question....

or run away.

your choice.

So the head of Fox News like Obama. So what

Does that counter the reast of the liberal media being in the tank for Obama as much as you are?

retiredman
05-29-2008, 09:59 PM
So the head of Fox News like Obama. So what

Does that counter the reast of the liberal media being in the tank for Obama as much as you are?

run away from the posts... fly fly

coward.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 10:04 PM
run away from the posts... fly fly

coward.

You are the on flying south - in both reputation and honesty

You are determined not to admit the liberal media bias - or since they think like you - the coberage seem reasonable

retiredman
05-29-2008, 10:05 PM
You are the on flying south - in both reputation and honesty

You are determined not to admit the liberal media bias - or since they think like you - the coberage seem reasonable

answer my question, pussy.

red states rule
05-29-2008, 10:11 PM
answer my question, pussy.

Ah, your "preachr" side is starting to come out :laugh2:

Rev MFM preaching from the Book of Insults and Colorful Metaphors

retiredman
05-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Ah, your "preachr" side is starting to come out :laugh2:

Rev MFM preaching from the Book of Insults and Colorful Metaphors

RSR running away from debate.

ho hum

red states rule
05-29-2008, 10:27 PM
RSR running away from debate.

ho hum

Mr -8767 trying to change the subject when the facts bite him on his wrinkled ass :laugh2: