PDA

View Full Version : Rambo 08

namvet
05-29-2008, 05:37 PM
just out on DVD. I rented a copy today. I thought is good. so much so I burned a copy. lots of violence guys. in the end John comes back to the states to live with his dads. anyone else seen it ?????

theHawk
05-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Yea I just bought it on Blu-ray and watched it for the first time. Great movie. Just a plain 'ol good guys versus bad guys movie. Plot is overrated lol.

It is kinda of ironic that the movie was based in Burma, showing a tyrannical regime in charge. After they've refused to allow aid into the country to help the tens of thousands in need of it, you have to wonder how accurate the portrayal of the government is in this movie.

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 09:02 PM
My sister has seen all the Rambo movies. Since all of them (except perhaps the first one) have been among the worst films ever made.
Her opinion is that Rambo 08 is certainly not the worst of the lot. But it is difficult to accept the 60-plus-year-old Sly as a credible buff action figure.

Said1
05-29-2008, 09:08 PM
My sister has seen all the Rambo movies. Since all of them (except perhaps the first one) have been among the worst films ever made.
Her opinion is that Rambo 08 is certainly not the worst of the lot. But it is difficult to accept the 60-plus-year-old Sly as a credible buff action figure.

Plus, there probably aren't any scenes involving prayer rugs or gay weddings. Soo, uncool.

namvet
06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Yea I just bought it on Blu-ray and watched it for the first time. Great movie. Just a plain 'ol good guys versus bad guys movie. Plot is overrated lol.

It is kinda of ironic that the movie was based in Burma, showing a tyrannical regime in charge. After they've refused to allow aid into the country to help the tens of thousands in need of it, you have to wonder how accurate the portrayal of the government is in this movie.

remember they guy in charge of the all the killings???? he was not an actor. in real life he fought agianst the government. his family was captured and he fled into Thailand. he agreed to make this movie knowing if he was seen his family may have been murdered.

LiberalNation
06-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Watched in the theater when it first came out. Awsome action movie, lots of killing and shooting with just enough of a plot to keep things interesting.

namvet
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
it was filmed just 3 miles from the Burma border. avg temp was 130 degrees. they had to stop filming because the younger actors were losing to much weight and dehydrating. ive been to Bangkok 3 or 4 times during the war. its a furnace. the beer there is called Singha typically pronounced by foreigners to Thailand as sing-ha. 6% alcohol-by-volume. in 130 degree heat your 1 beer and out !!!! an officer I served with retired there in the early 80's. he and I met on military.com in 2000 and we still mail a lot even today.

sing-ha

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/BiereSingha.jpg/400px-BiereSingha.jpg

Abbey Marie
06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
it was filmed just 3 miles from the Burma border. avg temp was 130 degrees. they had to stop filming because the younger actors were losing to much weight and dehydrating. ive been to Bangkok 3 or 4 times during the war. its a furnace. the beer there is called Singha typically pronounced by foreigners to Thailand as sing-ha. 6% alcohol-by-volume. in 130 degree heat your 1 beer and out !!!! an officer I served with retired there in the early 80's. he and I met on military.com in 2000 and we still mail a lot even today.

sing-ha

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/BiereSingha.jpg/400px-BiereSingha.jpg

Yup. I've always pronounced it sing-ha. What is the correct pronunciation?

namvet
06-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Yup. I've always pronounced it sing-ha. What is the correct pronunciation?

got me. im an American so it was always sing-ha. and the Tai bartenders knew it

Abbey Marie
06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
got me. im an American so it was always sing-ha. and the Tai bartenders knew it

Great tasting beer, however you pronounce it. :D :beer:

namvet
06-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Great tasting beer, however you pronounce it. :D :beer:

any beer tasted good in that climate. we spent a lot of time in the Philippines and drank more San Miguel than any brand. we called it "san mcgoo". but it went thru you like crap thru a goose !!!!

http://www.zianet.com/tedmorris/dg/sanmiguel1.jpg

http://www.zianet.com/tedmorris/dg/Beer.jpg

vHLnC7dZoVY