PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past?

Little-Acorn
05-29-2008, 07:40 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gm080508.jpg

After the 2000 election, Al Gore kept asking for recount after recount, even as every one showed he had lost. It got so silly, that Brit Hume finally played the clip from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", where King Arthur fights the Black Knight, and the Knight refuses to acknowledge defeat even as Arthur chops off one limb after another.

Now the Democrats are at it again, with Hillary insisting she can win even as Obama's lead remains pretty much constant and there are fewer and fewer primaries left.

What is it about Democrats that make them consistently unable to accept reality?

mundame
05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
What's the percentage in Hillary accepting "reality"?

That means defeat.

I'd rather see a president type fight on.

Yurt
05-29-2008, 08:43 PM
dem rules - SD's can vote for who they want, so theoretically, she could still win

mundame
05-29-2008, 08:45 PM
dem rules - SD's can vote for who they want, so theoretically, she could still win

It's the only reason I'm still talking about politics, Yurt. Not that I'm all that in love with her, but she is the only major candidate I'm willing to vote for.

Weird situation. Hard to believe she can drag it out all the way to the convention, but it's been done.