PDA

View Full Version : "The Confederate States of America"

gabosaurus
05-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Someone sent my sister a copy of this film. She has given it to me to watch, which I haven't done yet.
The premise is the Confederacy having won the Civil War, and the film being a "documentary" look at the history of the CSOA. With a bit of a twist.
With the prevailing attitude of many DP members towards the Confederacy, perhaps some of you might enjoy it.
Here is a link a found for the film on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/CSA-Confederate-America-Charles-Frank/dp/B000FZEU0Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1212111924&sr=1-5

Nukeman
05-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Someone sent my sister a copy of this film. She has given it to me to watch, which I haven't done yet.
The premise is the Confederacy having won the Civil War, and the film being a "documentary" look at the history of the CSOA. With a bit of a twist.
With the prevailing attitude of many DP members towards the Confederacy, perhaps some of you might enjoy it.
Here is a link a found for the film on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/CSA-Confederate-America-Charles-Frank/dp/B000FZEU0Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1212111924&sr=1-5

I saw this movie! it is very campy to say the least. it is a "COMEDY" mocumentry (fake documentry). it was not done for "real". You might enjoy the commercials they put in the film.

The movie was obviously produced and directed by a VERY liberal and biased individual. It does nothing but make fun and insult EVERY white and southern person.

This should be right up your alley Gabby.....

dan
05-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Ehhh, I saw this a few years ago. Really interesting idea done in as simple a way as possible. It's every much as dumb and cliched as any Larry the Cable Guy routine.

glockmail
05-30-2008, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Nukeman;252956]I saw this movie! it is very campy to say the least. it is a "COMEDY" mocumentry (fake documentry). it was not done for "real". .....QUOTE]

You ruined it for her man- she thought it was an actual documentary.

Gaffer
05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I read the book, about 20 to 30 years ago. It was a pure speculation book and in the end the confederates and union reunited. I didn't know someone actually took this to the level of making a movie of it.

Pale Rider
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Looks good... do they have it on Blu-ray? :laugh: .... :salute:

gabosaurus
05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
I know it is a "mockumentary" film. But it would place a bunch of you in feel good land for a couple of hours or so.

Nukeman
05-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I know it is a "mockumentary" film. But it would place a bunch of you in feel good land for a couple of hours or so.

Not really, its a crappy movie! Like I said in my earlier post it was obviously directed and written by some loony liberal that "thinks" they know how southerners and white think. Unfortunately all they did was perpetuate stereotypes. Don't whites in general get all kinds of grief if THEY use stereotypes??? Or is it only fair if it is directed towards whites?????

ranger
05-31-2008, 12:54 AM

I know a lot of others things that would put me in feel good land that I would actually enjoy.