PDA

View Full Version : How Smart Is Obama?

red states rule
05-30-2008, 05:46 AM
For 7 years, the left was called Pres Bush an idiot for the way he butchers the English language. They pounce on every gaffe, and wait for the next one

But when Obama inserts his foot in his mouth, or out and out lies - they dismiss, ignore, and defend it

But how smart is this clown?

How Smart Is Obama?
The Weekly Standard: He Has A High Level Of Cognitive Ability But An Apparent Lack Of Book Knowledge

snip

Worse still, Obama seems to have a vague sort of arrogance that prohibits him from acknowledging what he doesn't know. If I were going to shoot my mouth off on WWII or the Cuban Missile Crisis with the world watching, I'd make sure I had my facts straight before I did so. For some strange reason, Obama seems allergic to having his staff perform even the most basic fact-checking.

And there's also what appears to be a lack of intellectual curiosity. Abe Greenwald of Commentary's blog calls our attention to this nugget from an enjoyable New York Times profile of Obama "body man" Reggie Love:

Along the way, some unofficial rules have emerged between the candidate and his aide. From Mr. Obama: "One cardinal rule of the road is, we don't watch CNN, the news or MSNBC. We don't watch any talking heads or any politics. We watch 'SportsCenter' and argue about that."

So how, pray tell, is Obama staying informed about what's going on in the world? When he's pressing the flesh at crummy rural diners and speaking before 75,000 adoring acolytes, he's talking, not listening. Don't you think a guy who might be president would be obsessed with world events? Don't you think that obsession would have driven him into the race? And don't you think as a potential wartime leader he might be using his downtime to study, just in case he wins? For instance, Barack Obama obviously knows nothing of war, but he could help himself if he opted to read some Thucydides rather than watch SportsCenter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/29/opinion/main4135058.shtml