PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: Seriously Impaired?

Joe Steel
05-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Despite having built his campaign on his wish to occupy Iraq, John McCain has a serious misunderstanding of the military conditions there.

In politics, as in life, when one is in a hole, he or she should stop digging. This advice was not heeded by John McCain's campaign today. Both the Senator and his aides sought to brush away his factually inaccurate statement that American troops in Iraq were down to pre-surge levels. In the process, they made the hole even bigger.

Reminded that troops in Iraq currently number 155,000, well above the pre-surge level of 130,000, McCain refused to acknowledge on Friday that he had misspoke.

In An Iraq-Related Hole, McCain Keeps On Digging (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/30/in-an-iraq-related-hole-m_n_104364.html)

Is McCain too infirm for the Presidency?

05-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Did you ever stop to consider that maybe a US Senator might know a few more things about national security than you do?

theHawk
05-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Despite having built his campaign on his wish to occupy Iraq, John McCain has a serious misunderstanding of the military conditions there.

Is McCain too infirm for the Presidency?

And your solution is to vote for a moron whos says he'll go back into Iraq after withdrawing "if" AQ is there....when they are already there now?
Vote for a moron who doesn't know what languages are spoken in Afghanistan and Iraq?
Vote for a slackjawed liberal who has never even served one day in the military to be the commander in chief during wartime?

Sitarro
05-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Vote for an empty suit that backs Islam and doesn't have a clue, within 9, of how many states there are in our country. You are a bigger idiot than I would have ever imagined....... and I have a great imagination.

Noir
05-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Did you ever stop to consider that maybe a US Senator might know a few more things about national security than you do?

Which part of the OP are you disputing? there doesn't seem to be much to disput

McCain said current troop levels were below 130,000
They are not, they are 155,000
He refused to admit a mistake

What bit would he know that we wouldn't?

Psychoblues
06-01-2008, 04:10 AM
John McCain: Seriously Impaired?

Yes.

Joe Steel
06-01-2008, 05:56 AM

I'm sure quite a few of them know more about national security than I do.

I don't think John McCain knows enough about it to trust with national security.

Joe Steel
06-01-2008, 05:58 AM
And your solution is to vote for a moron whos says he'll go back into Iraq after withdrawing "if" AQ is there....when they are already there now?

Vote for a moron who doesn't know what languages are spoken in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Vote for a slackjawed liberal who has never even served one day in the military to be the commander in chief during wartime?

We already know the Bush - McCain policy doesn't work so why not give peace a chance?

Joe Steel
06-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Which part of the OP are you disputing? there doesn't seem to be much to disput

McCain said current troop levels were below 130,000
They are not, they are 155,000
He refused to admit a mistake

What bit would he know that we wouldn't?

It would be an easy to thing for just about anyone else to say he got the number wrong. McCain has a problem, though. He's trying to sell his experience and competence in military matters. That means he has to be right about 100% of the policy 100% of the time. Unfortunately for him, he's not up to the challenge.