PDA

View Full Version : My my.... the DNC is imploding....

Pale Rider
05-31-2008, 12:08 PM
... I'm watching the news today and between the protestors in Florida and Michigan, the dems have bigger problems than has ever been seen before in the history of politics... :laugh:

Looks like the race between the dog eared racist boy and junior hitler is going to be REAL MESSY!

ranger
05-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Kind of makes you want to just kick back with a bowl of Orville Redenbacher and enjoy the show. :popcorn:

Pale Rider
05-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Kind of makes you want to just kick back with a bowl of Orville Redenbacher and enjoy the show. :popcorn:

I am... it's kind of a lazy day, and I'm just watching the TV, listening to the breaking news about the shuttle about to launch and the democratic party fighting like cats and dogs. There's thousands of protesters outside the DNC headquarters in Florida carrying signs that say count or votes or down with the DNC.

Yup... the dems got REAL big problems... and I love it.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Brings to mind that old comedian's phrase:

"I don't care who wins, as long as it's a fight to the death." :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Hillary in Die Hard 5........

Pale Rider
05-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Brings to mind that old comedian's phrase:

"I don't care who wins, as long as it's a fight to the death." :laugh2:

It ain't over yet... no matter what the dems do, they're going to have a major uprising. If they go with the dog eared racist, roughly a third of the dems will either not vote or will vote for mccain. If they go with hitlery, the blacks will riot like we've never seen before, and they'll acuse America of being racist, and they'll say that all the racism and hate rev wright has been preaching was right on.

Right now, the dems are looking at a lose, lose situation... :laugh:

Roomy
05-31-2008, 01:55 PM
It ain't over yet... no matter what the dems do, they're going to have a major uprising. If they go with the dog eared racist, roughly a third of the dems will either not vote or will vote for mccain. If they go with hitlery, the blacks will riot like we've never seen before, and they'll acuse America of being racist, and they'll say that all the racism and hate rev wright has been preaching was right on.

Right now, the dems are looking at a lose, lose situation... :laugh:

As an outsider I have to say the Repubs are on a hiding to nothing whichever way you look at it.

05-31-2008, 04:10 PM
both parties are imploding. which basically tells me we are screwed no matter who wins.

Dilloduck
05-31-2008, 04:18 PM
both parties are imploding. which basically tells me we are screwed no matter who wins.

don't we always ?

theHawk
05-31-2008, 05:22 PM
This DNC meeting looks like a media circus.

I love how that liberal bitch running the committee has to stop and lecture the audience to sto their cheering and shut up so they can sit up there and sound smart without interruption.

theHawk
05-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Hahaha, 15 nay to 12 yes, the motion to restore all delegates from Florida has failed.

What a bunch of liberal elitist asswipes!

Pale Rider
05-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Hahaha, 15 nay to 12 yes, the motion to restore all delegates from Florida has failed.

What a bunch of liberal elitist asswipes!

They're cutting their own throats. If hussein wins the dem nod, then 30%+ dem voters are going to vote for mccain, and mccain is going to need it, because many, many conservatives like me won't vote for mcamnesty on a bet.

I hope a third party makes a good showing this election. Maybe it will really shake things up in Washington and bust up this death grip the repubs and dems have on the system. God knows we need it.

theHawk
05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
A third party will only help dems get into office. It wouldn't shake anything up.

This one half vote count thing for the Dems is really going too piss off Florida voters.

Pale Rider
05-31-2008, 07:00 PM
A third party will only help dems get into office. It wouldn't shake anything up.

This one half vote count thing for the Dems is really going too piss off Florida voters.

I don't know... with the dem party seriously fractured as it is, I think a third party might even have a chance. Close enough to put the fear in the dems and the repubs.

I'm voting third party, or write in myself. The outcome be damned. I'm going to be content when I look in the mirror knowing that I voted for who I wanted, not "held my nose" and voted for someone I didn't.

Noir
05-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I hope a third party makes a good showing this election. Maybe it will really shake things up in Washington and bust up this death grip the repubs and dems have on the system. God knows we need it.

As far as i know Bob Barr is standing for the libertarians, and he's pretty much a republican in libertarians clothing, if this is right then i think that the 3rd party will siphon a respectable number of votes from McCain. Will that be a telling factor come ellection time?

ranger
05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
I think all of Hillary's supporters will vote for McCain. This way, Obama gets pasted in November and Hillary becomes the automatic front runner for 2012. She has too much of an ego to play second fiddle to Obama.

Pale Rider
05-31-2008, 11:16 PM
As far as i know Bob Barr is standing for the libertarians, and he's pretty much a republican in libertarians clothing, if this is right then i think that the 3rd party will siphon a respectable number of votes from McCain. Will that be a telling factor come ellection time?

I was going to vote libertarian if Wayne Root got the nomination. Bob Barr is a little too lax on illegal immigration for me.

I'll probably vote for Ron Paul, even if I have to write him in.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Well, now Dems say their voters count as half a person

I could not have written this script better myself :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Amazing, isn't it? The party of inclusion just disenfranchised their own people. :coffee:

Abbey Marie
06-01-2008, 12:01 PM

I understand that Stalin said this: "It doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes"

Couldn't be more appropriate than today! :laugh2:

red states rule
06-01-2008, 01:53 PM
I understand that Stalin said this: "It doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes"

Couldn't be more appropriate than today! :laugh2:

Democrats have come a long way since the 2000 election, eh?

Dems are really uniting their party :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 03:39 PM
And I see BO is getting his ass KICKED by hitlery in PR... I'll tell ya... the dems are going to nominate BO, and then he's going to get his ass KICKED again in the general election. These people just can't seem to do ANYTHING right.... well, heh, I guess they are all "left,"... :laugh:

red states rule
06-01-2008, 03:41 PM
And I see BO is getting his ass KICKED by hitlery in PR... I'll tell ya... the dems are going to nominate BO, and then he's going to get his ass KICKED again in the general election. These people just can't seem to do ANYTHING right.... well, heh, I guess they are all "left,"... :laugh:

This clown is falling fast, and the libs are to color blind to see it :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 03:59 PM
This clown is falling fast, and the libs are to color blind to see it :laugh2:

The dems want a black man for President SOOOOOO bad pard, they're blind to the errors of their ways... and I think it's hilarious.

Clinton stands a far greater chance of winning the general election against mccain. Every poll that's been taken points that out, but yet the dems are going to go ahead and nominate hussein anyway. What a bunch of dumb fucks.

And isn't it also funny how QUITE our board dems are about this all.... :laugh:

They don't know what to say either... :lmao:

red states rule
06-01-2008, 04:01 PM
The dems want a black man for President SOOOOOO bad pard, they blind to the errors of their ways... and I think it's hilarious.

Clinton stands a far greater chance of winning the general election against mccain. Every poll that's been taken points that out, but yet the dems are going to go ahead and nominate hussein anyway. What a bunch of dumb fucks.

Barry is getting killed by 36 in PR right now, and over at DNCTV - Chris Matthews and the tax cheat Keith Overbite are still ranting how Hillary needs to drop out

Barry is still losing the same key voting blocks, and libs are still trying to put the makeup on the pig

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
The democratic party: everyone gets a trophy (err nomination)

red states rule
06-01-2008, 04:07 PM
The democratic party: everyone gets a trophy (err nomination)

Chances are the Dems will change their insane nominating procedure so they will not have to go through this comedy show again

But it has been fun watching Dems rip into each other and show how well Obama is a uniter :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2008, 04:08 PM
A uniter of misery :cheers2:

Chances are the Dems will change their insane nominating procedure so they will not have to go through this comedy show again

But it has been fun watching Dems rip into each other and show how well Obama is a uniter :laugh2:

red states rule
06-01-2008, 04:11 PM
A uniter of misery :cheers2:

and they will all be united in misery on Election night :laugh2:

If the McCain people run out of champaign, they can buy some from the Obama campaign at a wholesale price - they will not be needing it

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I can't remember any other time in my life where the dems have been in a bigger mess. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They know that if they don't nominate hussein, there will be black riots like this country has never seen, and NO ONE will vote for a dem, PERIOD. They'll all be too sick of the freak show. So they almost have no choice but to nominate hussein, who they MUST know is a SURE LOSER!

Yeah they're fucked, one way or the other, and the beauty of the situation is, they've done it all to themselves... :laugh:

red states rule
06-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I can't remember any other time in my life where the dems have been in a bigger mess. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They know that if they don't nominate hussein, there will be black riots like this country has never seen, and NO ONE will vote for a dem, PERIOD. They'll all be too sick of the freak show. So they almost have no choice but to nominate hussein, who they MUST know is a SURE LOSER!

Yeah they're fucked, one way or the other, and the beauty of the situation is, they've done it all to themselves... :laugh:

Libs scream McCain is a Pres Bush third term

Hell, Obama will be Pres Peanut Carter's second term :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Libs scream McCain is a Pres Bush third term

Hell, Obama will be Pres Peanut Carter's second term :laugh2:

As far as I can see there's only two things that mccain is the same as bush, and that's the war in Iraq and amnesty for twenty million illegals. The two most important issues I'll be voting on, and not for mccain.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:10 PM
As far as I can see there's only two things that mccain is the same as bush, and that's the war in Iraq and amnesty for twenty million illegals. The two most important issues I'll be voting on, and not for mccain.

We agree on amnesty Pale. Obama wants to give illegals free health care - McCain has not gone down that road YET

As far as Iraq, even the Washington Compost is now reporting on the progress being made. That may be why Obama does not want to go to Iraq - the last thing he wants to see is the US is winning

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
We agree on amnesty Pale. Obama wants to give illegals free health care - McCain has not gone down that road YET

As far as Iraq, even the Washington Compost is now reporting on the progress being made. That may be why Obama does not want to go to Iraq - the last thing he wants to see is the US is winning

mccain wants to give all the illegals amnesty too. He's a traitor in my eyes.

As far as Iraq, I believe bush was told about the impending oil crisis on the horizon, much of which we're experiencing now, and that's why he invaded Iraq, to secure those oil fields. I also believe, even though congress turned over their power to declare war to bush, that wasn't legal. That's against the constitution, and as far as I know there hasn't been any amendment to the constitution saying congress had the power to do that. This war is illegal.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:20 PM
mccain wants to give all the illegals amnesty too. He's a traitor in my eyes.

As far as Iraq, I believe bush was told about the impending oil crisis on the horizon, much of which we're experiencing now, and that's why he invaded Iraq, to secure those oil fields. I also believe, even though congress turned over their power to declare war to bush, that wasn't legal. That's against the constitution, and as far as I know, there hasn't been any amendment to the constitution saying congress had the power to do that. This war is illegal.

Pale, AQ attacked us on 9-11, and they said Iraq was their main battle ground with their war against the US

We have all but wiped them out in Iraq. Recent studies have shown terrorists are on the run, and their support worldwide is falling

Dems have shown what they think and how they feel about the troops. With them in power, they will surrender and appease the terroists. that will not make us safer

We can agree to disagree on this - but I agree with your view on illegals

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Pale, AQ attacked us on 9-11, and they said Iraq was their main battle ground with their war against the US

We have all but wiped them out in Iraq. Recent studies have shown terrorists are on the run, and their support worldwide is falling

Dems have shown what they think and how they feel about the troops. With them in power, they will surrender and appease the terroists. that will not make us safer

We can agree to disagree on this - but I agree with your view on illegals

Our opinion of why we went into Iraq and it's legality might differ, but our opinion that we need to kill every last terrorist we're capable of killing is the same. They want me dead. I want them dead.

And no knows better than I do that the dems hate the military. Every time a dem is in the White House our military is decimated, moral falls into the toilet, and the world begins to laugh at us.

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2008, 05:25 PM
here is what illegals trying to cross over here deserve, a bullet between the eyes

here is what illegals living here deserve, deportation

Not one penny should be spent on those fuckers, and those racist hispanics and their special interest groups are more racist then the nazi's and the iranian hitler

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Our opinion of why we went into Iraq and it's legality might differ, but our opinion that we need to kill every last terrorist we're capable of killing is the same. They want me dead. I want them dead.

And no knows better than I do that the dems hate the military. Every time a dem is in the White House our military is decimated, moral falls into the toilet, and the world begins to laugh at us.

Can you see the troops and officers having to serve while Barry is the CIC?

It will be hard for them to do their duty as they are holding their side laughing

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Can you see the troops and officers having to serve while Barry is the CIC?

It will be hard for them to do their duty as they are holding their side laughing

They won't be laughing... they'll be getting out like rats jumping from a sinking ship.

If people think we have a retention problem in the military now, put hussein in charge. We won't have a military period. I wouldn't serve under that fucking elitist little racist nigger if they quadrupled my pay.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:33 PM
They won't be laughing... they'll be getting out like rats jumping from a sinking ship.

If people think we have a retention problem in the military now, put hussein in charge. We won't have a military period. I wouldn't serve under that fucking elitist little racist nigger if they quadrupled my pay.

They could be doing both

Lord knows they will not be fighting the terrorists, Obama will have them delivering their prayer mats and copies of the Koran

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 05:36 PM
They could be doing both

Lord knows they will not be fighting the terrorists, Obama will have them delivering their prayer mats and copies of the Koran

He'll probably see if he can top bubba clintons base closing total and set a new record, as he sits and plays patty cake with junior hitler in Iran.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:37 PM
He'll probably see if he can top bubba clintons base closing total and set a new record, as he sits and plays patty cake with junior hitler in Iran.

You got it Pale. Obama refuses to meet with Gen Petreus, but will sit down with that piece of shit from Iran

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 05:45 PM
You got it Pale. Obama refuses to meet with Gen Petreus, but will sit down with that piece of shit from Iran

This is what I see when I look at hussein...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2213/2529349160_72202a5d59_o.jpg

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:47 PM
This is what I see when I look at hussein...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2213/2529349160_72202a5d59_o.jpg

and when John McCain reaches out to Obama, and asks they go to Iraq together - he calls it a cheap political stunt

Is this the "change" he wants to bring to DC and the nation?

He is a loser Pale, and so are his pea brain supporters

crin63
06-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Whether we should or should not have gone into Iraq will be argued for many years to come. But since were there, lets just win and finish what we started. Seems simple to me.

It is a wonderful turn of events watching the Dems chewing off their own leg trying to get out this trap of their own making. They've spent all these years cultivating the feeling among certain groups of people that they are being victimized by conservatives and Republicans, now they have to turn their backs on one or more those groups. This is quite fun to watch.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Whether we should or should not have gone into Iraq will be argued for many years to come. But since were there, lets just win and finish what we started. Seems simple to me.

It is a wonderful turn of events watching the Dems chewing off their own leg trying to get out this trap of their own making. They've spent all these years cultivating the feeling among certain groups of people that they are being victimized by conservatives and Republicans, now they have to turn their backs on one or more those groups. This is quite fun to watch.

Libs have no desire to win in Iraq, since they have named this war "Bush's war". By winning, Pres Bush would get credit. Dems are willing to screw the troops and help the terrorists for political reasons

It is fun to watch the Dems beat each other up - and it is not over yet

On to Denver!!!!

GW in Ohio
06-02-2008, 07:07 AM
... I'm watching the news today and between the protestors in Florida and Michigan, the dems have bigger problems than has ever been seen before in the history of politics... :laugh:

Looks like the race between the dog eared racist boy and junior hitler is going to be REAL MESSY!

Well, we'll just have to see, won't we?

The Democratic primaries wrap up tomorrow. As soon as they are over, Obama should pick up enough super delegate support to go over the top.

And then the Democrats will come together. If you're expecting disaffected Democrats to switch to McCain, don't hold your (gin-soaked) breath.

Democrats will look at the alternative (McCain) and come together real quick.

If the sight of Democrats kissing and making up upsets you, you'd better look away. Try focusing on the framed picture of Richard Nixon you keep in your living room.

mundame
06-02-2008, 10:14 AM

The Democratic primaries wrap up tomorrow. As soon as they are over, Obama should pick up enough super delegate support to go over the top.

And then the Democrats will come together. If you're expecting disaffected Democrats to switch to McCain, don't hold your (gin-soaked) breath.

If the sight of Democrats kissing and making up upsets you, you'd better look away. Try focusing on the framed picture of Richard Nixon you keep in your living room.

Maybe...............................

But remember the last time we put our faith in Dems?

2006, when we elected lots of Dems to stop the Iraq War.

They didn't bother to, though. Still fall right in line with ol' Bush whenever he demands more money to continue the war.

So I wonder if people will really suspend disbelief that the Dems have anything for us after all these betrayals --- they didn't stop the war, they're okay with any amount of black racism against whites, etc.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 10:21 AM

I heard the same thing about McGovern

I heard how the youth vote would come out for Gore and Kerry

Libs said in 2002 they would make the Republicans pay for FL 2000

Dems have pissed off alot of women, and Obama is turning off white middle class workers

Obamas and Dems chickens are coming home to roost

red states rule
06-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Maybe...............................

But remember the last time we put our faith in Dems?

2006, when we elected lots of Dems to stop the Iraq War.

They didn't bother to, though. Still fall right in line with ol' Bush whenever he demands more money to continue the war.

So I wonder if people will really suspend disbelief that the Dems have anything for us after all these betrayals --- they didn't stop the war, they're okay with any amount of black racism against whites, etc.

Eh, one Dem has come out and admitted Democrats lied about ending the war

Why would anyone trust them now?

Is surrender your main issue?

mundame
06-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I heard the same thing about McGovern

I heard how the youth vote would come out for Gore and Kerry

Libs said in 2002 they would make the Republicans pay for FL 2000

Dems have pissed off alot of women, and Obama is turning off white middle class workers

Obamas and Dems chickens are coming home to roost

Good post.

How much weight can a campaign successfully carry, you know?

And the most frequent complaint I read about Obama in the reporting from the countryside is that he's a Muslim!! He isn't, apparently, but people are willing to believe that. It doesn't look good for Obama to me.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Good post.

How much weight can a campaign successfully carry, you know?

And the most frequent complaint I read about Obama in the reporting from the countryside is that he's a Muslim!! He isn't, apparently, but people are willing to believe that. It doesn't look good for Obama to me.

Dems have a long history of making promises - and a long history of breaking them

Look at all the ones made in 2006

mundame
06-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Ending the Iraq War is my main issue.

It's most Americans' main issue, polls are saying.

If the economy went really bad, that could replace worrying about Iraq, but so far it hasn't; we aren't actually in a recession.

But your point --- "Why would anyone trust them now?" --- is a very important one, IMO.

I believed they would stop the war after the 2006 election: lots of people did.

I understand now why they didn't: it would rock the boat and unpredictable things might happen to get in the way of their main objective --------- which was to take complete control of

--- the White House

--- the Supreme Court

--- and both houses of Congress.

That was what was really important, not to serve the people. So they didn't stop the war (they could have, of course, simply by stopping funding)----------------------------------------

Because they were sure that we'd all vote for them again in 2008 even though they betrayed us in 2006, because we have no alternative.

I have an alternative, however; I can bail out of the whole crooked mess.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
If Dems gwet their liberal paws onto both Congress and the WH libs say we would avoid a Bush third term

What we will get is Peanut Carters second term

I laigh at the Bush haters who say this economy is so bad, when some lived through Peanuts Carters economy

Terrorists know how Dems will deal with them - that is why they are endorsing Obama

mundame
06-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I laigh at the Bush haters who say this economy is so bad, when some lived through Peanuts Carters economy

This is true.

I was a young housewife during Jimmy Carter's presidency, and we were so poor -- that was the worst financial time I can remember. Now is nothing like so bad, at least for us.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM
This is true.

I was a young housewife during Jimmy Carter's presidency, and we were so poor -- that was the worst financial time I can remember. Now is nothing like so bad, at least for us.

and Obama will give us an even worse one

Higher income taxes on workers and companies; higher SS taxes for workers and companies; higher capital gaines taxes; nearly $900 billion in more government spending;

Yep, Pres Peanust is smiling at hios agenda

GW in Ohio
06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Ending the Iraq War is my main issue.

It's most Americans' main issue, polls are saying.

If the economy went really bad, that could replace worrying about Iraq, but so far it hasn't; we aren't actually in a recession.

But your point --- "Why would anyone trust them now?" --- is a very important one, IMO.

I believed they would stop the war after the 2006 election: lots of people did.

I understand now why they didn't: it would rock the boat and unpredictable things might happen to get in the way of their main objective --------- which was to take complete control of

--- the White House

--- the Supreme Court

--- and both houses of Congress.

That was what was really important, not to serve the people. So they didn't stop the war (they could have, of course, simply by stopping funding)----------------------------------------

Because they were sure that we'd all vote for them again in 2008 even though they betrayed us in 2006, because we have no alternative.

I have an alternative, however; I can bail out of the whole crooked mess.

Two things I've learned about American politics:

Never underestimate the Republican attack machine. This election, they will do everything they can to take the voters' minds off the issues and onto a lot of extraneous personal stuff, like Obama's former pastor.
Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter. We say, by 70% to 30% that the Iraq invasion was a huge mistake and we want to get our people out of there. So will we elect John McCain, who says we might have to be in there for the next 100 years? Could happen.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 12:39 PM

Never underestimate the Republican attack machine. This election, they will do everything they can to take the voters' minds off the issues and onto a lot of extraneous personal stuff, like Obama's former pastor.
Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter. We say, by 70% to 30% that the Iraq invasion was a huge mistake and we want to get our people out of there. So will we elect John McCain, who says we might have to be in there for the next 100 years? Could happen.

Translation:

1) Never underestimate the truth about Democrats to be exposed to the light of day. Our friends in the liberal media will do all they can to bury it, but the damn internet and talk radio hosts will blow our cover

2) When we lose we can;t admit the voters rejected our liberalism. We will insult them and make excuses. Our aggogance prevents us from admitting we were wrong on the issues, and nominated weak candidates

mundame
06-02-2008, 12:46 PM

I don't mind about the Republican attack machine: Obalama deserves it.

Very likely, your second point. Crazy, but Obama is just too weird, is my guess. People may well prefer someone reasonably normal and the Iraq War going on forever to a President Hate-Whitey.

I don't prefer either of them, but for some reason, habit I guess, a lot of people will probably vote, more fool them.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't mind about the Republican attack machine: Obalama deserves it.

Very likely, your second point. Crazy, but Obama is just too weird, is my guess. People may well prefer someone reasonably normal and the Iraq War going on forever to a President Hate-Whitey.

I don't prefer either of them, but for some reason, habit I guess, a lot of people will probably vote, more fool them.

Obama has his work cut out for him if he wants to unite the Dem party :laugh2:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=14867

GW in Ohio
06-02-2008, 01:13 PM

When you say "surrender" you frame the Iraq issue in George Bush supporter terms.

Since I don't agree to frame Iraq in terms of "winning" and "losing," the word "surrender" is meaningless, except in a GOP propaganda context.

What's that? How would I frame the Iraq issue?

It was a colossal error in judgment, an example of hubris run rampant, a gigantic fuckaround.

There is no winning or losing, and it doesn't matter if we disengage tomorrow or 5 years from now.

Actually, it does matter. If we disengage tomorrow we'll save American lives and we'll be able to deploy our troops and our resources in meaningful ways.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 01:17 PM
When you say "surrender" you frame the Iraq issue in George Bush supporter terms.

Since I don't agree to frame Iraq in terms of "winning" and "losing," the word "surrender" is meaningless, except in a GOP propaganda context.

What's that? How would I frame the Iraq issue?

It was a colossal error in judgment, an example of hubris run rampant, a gigantic fuckaround.

There is no winning or losing, and it doesn't matter if we disengage tomorrow or 5 years from now.

Actually, it does matter. If we disengage tomorrow we'll save American lives and we'll be able to deploy our troops and our resources in meaningful ways.

Even the liberal Washington Compost had an article asking why the progress in Iraq is not being reported. Hell, all they have to do is look in the mirror

It is surrender if you tell the enemy on what day you are leaving before the mission is complete

It is why Obama and Dems have no desire to go to Iraq - they do not want to see the progress

Look what the party of surrender did to Joe Lieberman when he said we are winning

red states rule
06-03-2008, 07:22 AM
The liberal mmedia is even trying to hide ther bias toward Obama, now some are admitting it

WaPo's Capehart: Hard for Media 'Not to Get Swept Up' in Obamamania
By Mark Finkelstein | June 3, 2008 - 07:32 ET

There's a great moment in the video clip here in which WaPo editorial writer Jonathan Capehart dithers, then palpably decides to bite the bullet and tell the truth: yeah, the media's in the tank for Obama. His admission against interest came in response to a question from Pat Buchanan on today's Morning Joe.

PAT BUCHANAN: That brings up the question of the substance of what Clinton said when he talked about the media coming down on Hillary and they're working for Obama, and all the rest of it. Obviously there's real bitterness on the part of Clinton. But is there not, as there was, and the reporters admitted it after 1960, hasn't there been sort of a melding between a lot of journalists and this enthusiastic Obama campaign?

The first African-American president, he's young and he's fresh. And all the journalists admitted later: yeah, we were for Jack Kennedy. We loved the guy. We didn't like Nixon. Isn't there some truth, in other words, behind his bitterness?

JONATHAN CAPEHART: Well, you know, Pat, I think, um, that, eh, yeah. I think there is some truth to his bitterness. Um, you know, it's hard to, let's remember: reporters are human. And reporters are covering both these campaigns. And it's hard not to get swept up, I would think, into the enthusiasm and the drama and the excitement behind one of those huge Obama rallies.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/06/03/wapos-capehart-hard-media-not-get-swept-obamamania