PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Up To Children

stephanie
03-04-2007, 02:38 AM
:clap:
March 3, 2007 at 10:56 pm Vox Populi, Bob Parks, BlogWonks
By Bob Parks

Global Warming has become a defining issue of our time. Those who believe humans are the cause, believe that they have the power to alter the course of nature. They also believe that they may do so by any means necessary.

America’s left is both a stereotype and fact. To be an American liberal, one cannot believe in God, since he would represent something greater than that liberal. Nothing is greater than the American liberal’s self-adoration. No one is smarter than the American liberal, and for that reason liberals consider themselves free to use whatever gets them what they want.

In this case, I’m talking about the television campaign running on most broadcast and cable stations, including those channels where children are the primary audience. I’m talking about that commercial featuring kids of different races and at least two sexes describing the potential catastrophe that is global warming.

This commercial lays the fault of global warming solely on humans. Those of us that disagree are, as usual, called names by those who believe. In this case, we are called “deniers”. According to the dictionary, to deny means

“to state that (something declared or believed to be true) is not true: to deny an accusation”

This is what we have here. A difference of opinion.

“to refuse to recognize or acknowledge; disown; disavow; repudiate: to deny one’s gods”

An interesting choice of words by dictionary.com…. To “deny one’s gods”. Since many liberals don’t believe in God, if there was one they deemed important and it was publicly denied, all hell would break loose. Or, they’d make commercials.

The commercial in question was produced by a group that hosts a website called stopglobalwarming.org. An interesting paragraph on the site reads, “If you’re not already convinced that global warming is an issue that you need to care about, click here to learn why.”

Before I get into the reasons why I don’t believe humans are the sole cause of global warming, I wish to register my complaint with stopglobalwarming.org and all the other liberal entities that feel children are theirs to use for whatever reason they deem imperative.

If liberals are so intellectually superior that they can look down upon all of us unwashed with disdain, why won’t they debate adults that disagree with them publicly? Why the constant need to use kids, like showing kindergarten kids books on same sex relationships so they can introduce them to fisting later in middle school? Why the need to use Spongebob Squarepants to scare elementary school kids by insisting people are intentionally killing animals, heating up the world, and by the way… we’ll all be dead in a hundred years?

Because the liberals in question are arrogant, close-minded, narcissistic people who believe they hold the answer to world peace, poverty, education, health care, while leaving out the fact that most of their solutions have never worked.

On the stopglobalwarming.org website, it defines global warming as,

The Earth as an ecosystem is changing, attributable in great part to the effects of globalization and man. More carbon dioxide is now in the atmosphere than has been in the past 650,000 years. This carbon stays in the atmosphere, acts like a warm blanket, and holds in the heat — hence the name ‘global warming.’

Where did this “heat” come from…?

The reason we exist on this planet is because the earth naturally traps just enough heat in the atmosphere to keep the temperature within a very narrow range - this creates the conditions that give us breathable air, clean water, and the weather we depend on to survive. Human beings have begun to tip that balance. We’ve overloaded the atmosphere with heat-trapping gases from our cars and factories and power plants. If we don’t start fixing the problem now, we’re in for devastating changes to our environment. We will experience extreme temperatures, rises in sea levels, and storms of unimaginable destructive fury. Recently, alarming events that are consistent with scientific predictions about the effects of climate change have become more and more commonplace.

Again, no direct mention of our solar system’s primary heat source. Just a rather stinging indictment on human beings, and specifically America. Sure the United States uses a lot of the world’s energy. It’s also obvious to most that America creates the things the world needs. But we are the ones who are changing the way the world turns. Every tornado or tsunami or drought is the fault of the United States, and it will be us, the nation’s taxpayers who will be forced to pay for our selfish ways.

That would be the bottom line, right? The United States should pay restitution to the rest of the world, probably via the United Nations.

So why am I still a denier? Well, besides pushing Al Gore’s Inconvenient Truth movie on almost every page of the website, I had trouble finding any reference to the greatest source of heat we have: The Sun. Check it out….

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says
by Kate Ravilious, National Geographic News, February 28, 2007

Read the rest of this great article at....
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/03/03/global-warming-up-to-children/

Hugh Lincoln
03-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I think it's high time we put the blame for global warming where it belongs: on the children.