PDA

View Full Version : Summer travel plans anyone?

gabosaurus
05-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Because of the new addition, we will be helping the airline industry stay afloat this summer.
The current travel slate includes:

Las Vegas
Minneapolis
Dallas-Austin-San Antonio
Washington DC
New York City
England
Germany
Switzerland
Italy

Anyone else with travel plans?

Abbey Marie
05-31-2008, 03:19 PM
A couple of college road trips for our daughter.
And the annual trip to Maine.

Roomy
05-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Paphos in Cyprus for 3 weeks in the middle of August when it is at it's hottest:cool: I shall be parading by the pool in my speedo's or thong, I will alternate:laugh2:

Sitarro
05-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Because of the new addition, we will be helping the airline industry stay afloat this summer.
The current travel slate includes:

Las Vegas
Minneapolis
Dallas-Austin-San Antonio
Washington DC
New York City
England
Germany
Switzerland
Italy

Anyone else with travel plans?

Really, is that how you justify burning all that fuel and creating a huge carbon footprint for your selfish tourist joyride. Why don't you stay home and help your neighbors? Liberals are the biggest hypocrites.:laugh2:

jackass
05-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Myrtle Beach for a long weekend with friends. Probably Virginia and New Jersey for a little bit. Hopefully we can sneak off with Abbey on her annual trip to Maine! :D

Abbey Marie
05-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Myrtle Beach for a long weekend with friends. Probably Virginia and New Jersey for a little bit. Hopefully we can sneak off with Abbey on her annual trip to Maine! :D

We will be in VA for the college road trip. Perhaps our paths will cross on I-95.

Maine will be reading, canoeing, shopping for antiques, a little golf, a lot of lobster, many board games, walks in the woods, and especially, a lot of just "looking at the lake". Does that sound appealing to a young, strapping, studly guy like you? :) :beer:

5stringJeff
05-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Driving down to Atlanta ahead of the moving van.

jackass
05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Does that sound appealing to a young, strapping, studly guy like you? :) :beer:

Oh that was me (Jackass) who said we were going to sneak off with you!! :laugh2::laugh2:

Yes...it all sounds very cool! I can wait to get to Maine. One day.

What college in va?

Noir
05-31-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll be spending most of the summer going between home and england to my girlfriends, would also like to go abroad with her aswell tho, either France or the Netherlands.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh that was me (Jackass) who said we were going to sneak off with you!! :laugh2::laugh2:

Yes...it all sounds very cool! I can wait to get to Maine. One day.

What college in va?

:laugh2: I knew it was you!

We will be touring UVA, and William & Mary. But what we really should be touring is Fort Knox to get money to pay for it.

gabosaurus
06-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Really, is that how you justify burning all that fuel and creating a huge carbon footprint for your selfish tourist joyride. Why don't you stay home and help your neighbors?

What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Sure utter bitterness. :rolleyes:

I will go back to being liberal after all our relatives and friends get to meet my daughter. And not before. :p

AFbombloader
06-01-2008, 01:03 AM
I will be flying from Seoul to Indy for my midtour break from South Korea and then driving to Tennessee and Michigan. Unfortunately I will have to come back to this god forsaken country for a few more months untill I retire.

AF:salute:

Sitarro
06-01-2008, 01:37 AM
What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Sure utter bitterness. :rolleyes:

I will go back to being liberal after all our relatives and friends get to meet my daughter. And not before. :p

How convenient for you, jump back and forth and because you are a true liberal at heart, one married into money......... you see nothing wrong with anything you do, just what others do........ typical. I believe like Obammy, Algore, Teddy Boy and all of the rest of the shits out there, it's "Do what I say, Not as I do" ..... right Gabby? Yea right.

Grow up, you're a Mother and need to teach your kid real values, not the childish crap that the Liberal Party stands for.

stephanie
06-01-2008, 01:46 AM
My one Big trip this summer, will be on June 14th..
A one way airplane ticket out of Alaska, after living here for 15yrs... moving to Missouri.
Two weeks away..

Sad and excited all wrapped into one..

:cheers2:

Nukeman
06-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I will be flying from Seoul to Indy for my midtour break from South Korea and then driving to Tennessee and Michigan. Unfortunately I will have to come back to this god forsaken country for a few more months untill I retire.

Look forward to seeing you!!!:coffee:

Hopefully you will find time for friends as well as family.....:cheers2:

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Myrtle Beach for a long weekend with friends. Probably Virginia and New Jersey for a little bit. Hopefully we can sneak off with Abbey on her annual trip to Maine! :D Before the trip be sure an ask Jim where that great T-shirt shop is he likes so much. :laugh2:

Is terminal leave possible these days? I ETS'd on leave. Just a thought to keep from going back over there.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2008, 11:03 AM
My one Big trip this summer, will be on June 14th..
A one way airplane ticket out of Alaska, after living here for 15yrs... moving to Missouri.
Two weeks away..

Sad and excited all wrapped into one..

WHAT?!!!!!

stephanie
06-01-2008, 11:56 AM
WHAT?!!!!!

Yep, it's true.
I've been mailing my stuff out for the last couple of months, sold my vehicles, gave a lot of stuff away and will fly out June 14th.
The winters up here in Fairbanks are getting harder and harder for me to deal with..
I'm moving down with my sister, and will be closer to my family in Ill.

p/s
My friends up here are starting a pool to bet on which month they think I will return in..:slap::laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-01-2008, 12:03 PM
It just won't seem like YOU, Stephanie.

Plus, who will be on late at night now?

But, I'm happy for you if it's easier for your life.

stephanie
06-01-2008, 01:00 PM
It just won't seem like YOU, Stephanie.

Plus, who will be on late at night now?

But, I'm happy for you if it's easier for your life.

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Yep, it's true.
I've been mailing my stuff out for the last couple of months, sold my vehicles, gave a lot of stuff away and will fly out June 14th.
The winters up here in Fairbanks are getting harder and harder for me to deal with..
I'm moving down with my sister, and will be closer to my family in Ill.

p/s
My friends up here are starting a pool to bet on which month they think I will return in..:slap::laugh2:

AUGUST! But welcome home.

stephanie
06-01-2008, 01:17 PM
AUGUST! But welcome home.

:laugh2::slap:

Trigg
06-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Well my son has great summer travel plans. We're sending him to Finland to visit my sister for 2 weeks.

Other than that we'll be camping off and on all summer. We are still thinking about driving down to Tennessee for a family get together, but that's still up in the air.

jackass
06-01-2008, 03:39 PM
:laugh2: I knew it was you!

We will be touring UVA, and William & Mary. But what we really should be touring is Fort Knox to get money to pay for it.
Very cool!

Before the trip be sure an ask Jim where that great T-shirt shop is he likes so much. :laugh2:

I dont know about this T-shirt shop.....

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I dont know about this T-shirt shop.....

Oh just ask Jim..he got a great deal..$100 bucks I think it was.:laugh2:

jackass
06-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Oh just ask Jim..he got a great deal..$100 bucks I think it was.:laugh2:

Is this the candy bar story??? :laugh2:

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Is this the candy bar story??? :laugh2:

Don't think so...it's a $100 dollar T-shirt story...from Myrtle B...

Jim LOVES to tell it, so much so I may be banned..:laugh2:

manu1959
06-01-2008, 09:18 PM
just got back from our anual trout fishing trip to a ranch in the sierra foothills....

oregon in late summer......

Dilloduck
06-02-2008, 06:42 AM
just got back from our anual trout fishing trip to a ranch in the sierra foothills....

oregon in late summer......

welll---------------where are the fish pics ???????????

glockmail
06-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Planning on taking the kids and two of their friends on a car camping trip through 4WD country in the western NC mountains. We'll do some hiking, swimming and fishing. I'm planning on setting up a solar shower on the roof of the Expedition. Maybe I'll take the canoe too.

AFbombloader
06-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Look forward to seeing you!!!:coffee:

Hopefully you will find time for friends as well as family.....:cheers2:

You know I will find time for you and Trigg!:coffee:

We have to go to TN to see my Grandma at Dollywood, family reunion thing, but the rest of the 27 days I will be in the area. We will definantly hang out and have a beer. I have a few bottles of Soju for you and Chris.

AFbombloader
06-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Is terminal leave possible these days? I ETS'd on leave. Just a thought to keep from going back over there.

My actual retirement date is 1 Feb 09. I will leave Korea in the beginning of Nov for my terminal and permissive tdy (job and househunting). So I will have almost 90 days of "free" leave. I will have to go back to Korea for about 3 months.

Hagbard Celine
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
This Thursday, Jimmy Buffett in Atlanta.
This weekend, family reunion in South Alabama.
Next weekend, camping and food in Stone Mtn. Park.
Weekend of July 18th, river rafting on the Ocoee River.
August, I may go to 311/Snoop Dogg--I haven't decided yet.
August 22-24, San Francisco for the Outside Lands Music Festival in Golden Gate Park.
Then in September, cruise and then Bahamas for my friends' wedding.
It's gonna be a good summer.

crin63
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Me and my wife will be going to Tombstone, AZ for a week in July to celebrate our anniversary. We love old western and mining towns.

Kathianne
06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm hoping to be able to not work this summer. Time will tell. ;)

gabosaurus
06-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Me and my wife will be going to Tombstone, AZ for a week in July to celebrate our anniversary. We love old western and mining towns.

We stopped at Tombstone on our graduation trip in 2002. I would definitely recommend it. Definitely put aside a day for it, since there are a lot of things to see. The town has been very authentically recreated.

crin63
06-04-2008, 09:55 AM
We stopped at Tombstone on our graduation trip in 2002. I would definitely recommend it. Definitely put aside a day for it, since there are a lot of things to see. The town has been very authentically recreated.

Were pretty much going to spend the whole week there. Were staying right in town for the week. We were there a full day last year but it just wasn't enough time to see everything and do everything.

We went to several mining and western towns last year. We went from L.A. to the Grand Canyon and then worked our way down to Houston via old towns.

Calico
Oatman
Jerome
Tombstone
Lincoln New Mexico
The Alamo

glockmail
06-04-2008, 11:15 AM
You mean "restored"?

gabosaurus
06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I didn't mean "restored" because most of the older structures were not still around. Tombstone was recreated using old maps, diagrams, photos and illustrations. You should see Boot Hill. Every last gravestone and epitaph is there.
There are dirt roads, saloons, even horses tied up outside businesses. It's amazing.

glockmail
06-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I didn't mean "restored" because most of the older structures were not still around. Tombstone was recreated using old maps, diagrams, photos and illustrations. You should see Boot Hill. Every last gravestone and epitaph is there.
There are dirt roads, saloons, even horses tied up outside businesses. It's amazing.
Bin there sweetheart. I can tell the difference between the real thing and Disney:

Boot Hill Graveyard is a must. The cemetery holds the graves of many of Tombstone's bad men, as well as most of the early settlers of the mining camp. Most of the historic buildings are along the boardwalks that line Allen Street, one block west of the highway. Gunfights and barroom brawls are staged along Allen Street on several Sundays each month. The Bird Cage Theater, from 1881 the home of bawdy entertainment -- a dance hall, saloon, theater, brothel and gambling house -- has no performances today but is open for tours. Bullet holes score the theater's old walls.

The Crystal Palace Saloon is an 1879 watering hole and gambling den that has been faithfully restored; the long back-bar is not the original but a fine replica. The saloon is open daily for drinking and eating, with entertainment on weekends.

O.K. Corral and Historama provides a 30-minute presentation which re-creates Tombstone's early years with films and animated figures on a revolving stage. Next door to the Historama is the corral where it is said the legendary gunfight between the Earp and Clanton brothers and Doc Holliday took place (it didn't). The fight actually took place on what is now a vacant lot near the corral on Fremont St. There are life-sized figures that portray the five men (three dead and two wounded) during the gunfight. Nearby there are several other historic buildings including the photographic studio of C. S. Fly, which has a showing of historic photos. An admission fee is charged for these attractions.

An old 1880s home is now the Rose Tree Inn Museum. In the courtyard is a rose tree more than 100 years old -- reputed to be the world's largest. Covering a huge arbor (8,000 square feet) the old rose plant blooms each April.

A large brick structure at the corner of Toughnut and Third Streets, the Tombstone Courthouse was built in 1882. It's now a state historic park and museum filled with artifacts and photographs of the 1880s. The town gallows is on display in the courtyard, and the gift shop is the best place in town to buy books on the history of the town and region. You can visit the old offices of the Tombstone Epitaph -- now a museum -- to see how pioneer newspapers were produced and purchase a souvenir copy of the second-oldest continuously published paper in Arizona.
http://www.onroute.com/destinations/arizona/tombstone.html