PDA

View Full Version : Madrassa teacher beats boy to death

dread
05-31-2008, 09:11 PM
A blind seven-year-old student at an Islamic school in eastern Pakistan has died after his teacher punished him for not learning the Qur’an, police said yesterday.
Mohammed Atif was hung upside down from a ceiling fan and severely beaten by his teacher, Qari Ziauddin, at the seminary or madrassa in Vihari, near Lahore on Thursday, they said.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=221552&version=1&template_id=41&parent_id=23

Tell me again why we trust the Pakistanis?

Noir
05-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Tell me again why we trust the Pakistanis?

Because you can not jugde a nation and its citizens by the actions of one, inwhich case why would you trust the british after Harold Shipman? (A doctor who murdered hundreds of elderly women during the 90's)

dread
05-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Because you can not jugde a nation and its citizens by the actions of one, inwhich case why would you trust the british after Harold Shipman? (A doctor who murdered hundreds of elderly women during the 90's)

America has had YEARS of good experiences with Britian. The same can not be said about Pakistan...And this IS NOT just one incident. There have been many, many, many, many others....

Noir
05-31-2008, 09:21 PM
But it still stands you can not question a your country's relations with other countries because some people in those counties do evil, that will happen in any country.

Gaffer
05-31-2008, 09:22 PM

OK how about we just judge muslim pakistanis?

:pee: islam

Noir
05-31-2008, 09:23 PM
OK how about we just judge muslim pakistanis?

:pee: islam

Right, cus obviosly this guy represents all Muslim Pakistanis

Gaffer
05-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Right, cus obviosly this guy represents all Muslim Pakistanis

He represents everything islam stands for.

Noir
06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
He represents everything islam stands for.

Oh i see, so this kind of thing is accepted in islamic states, as this is what islam stands for?...

"The police said the teacher had been arrested on charges of torturing and murdering the boy. "

..well ain't that odd, maybe is cus its not what Islam teaches, and maybe you are just using an opportunistic tragedy to try and damn the name of Islam, rather than damn the true cause, man-kinds sick mind...then again, what do i know?

Hagbard Celine
06-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Savages. (shakes head)

Noir
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Savages. (shakes head)

well that's a bit harsh, Gaffer may be a bit of a fool, but not a savage :p

Gaffer
06-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh i see, so this kind of thing is accepted in islamic states, as this is what islam stands for?...

"The police said the teacher had been arrested on charges of torturing and murdering the boy. "

..well ain't that odd, maybe is cus its not what Islam teaches, and maybe you are just using an opportunistic tragedy to try and damn the name of Islam, rather than damn the true cause, man-kinds sick mind...then again, what do i know?

Actually it is accepted in islamic states. Cruel and harsh treatment of people is practiced daily in all islamic states. This is just one example of the millions of tragedies that go on daily throughout the islamic world. While they may live in the 21st century, they have a 6th century mentality.

Noir
06-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Actually it is accepted in islamic states. Cruel and harsh treatment of people is practiced daily in all islamic states. This is just one example of the millions of tragedies that go on daily throughout the islamic world. While they may live in the 21st century, they have a 6th century mentality.

...lets try this again:

IF the state had condoned such action there would be no reason to arrest and charge the man, therefore the state does not accept that this was a justified action under Islam

midcan5
06-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Does anyone in America read history any longer? Our own history is filled with injuries to people, and yet we don't criticize it. Read a good history JP Morgan actions sometimes, he has become a hero to many but his actions would have sent him to the lowest places in hell.

Gaffer
06-07-2008, 08:38 AM
...lets try this again:

IF the state had condoned such action there would be no reason to arrest and charge the man, therefore the state does not accept that this was a justified action under Islam

Let's see what happens when he goes to trial. He's being tried because the boy was a muslim. Had the boy been any other religion there would be no trial. If he can in any way show the boy was insulting allah or islam then he will walk. If he can't show this he will be executed within 30 days of the trial.

Gaffer
06-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Does anyone in America read history any longer? Our own history is filled with injuries to people, and yet we don't criticize it. Read a good history JP Morgan actions sometimes, he has become a hero to many but his actions would have sent him to the lowest places in hell.

I am a big history buff. I know the sins of the past. But pulling them up to blame America for what is going on today doesn't prove anything. World history is full of evil doings as well as the good. Blaming what went on in the past does not make anything better now. It is a source of learning to avoid future evils.

I refuse to feel guilty for things our forefathers did. Your not going to change it, so study and learn from it. Don't repeat the evil. At the same time don't appease the evil because of guilt trips from the past.

Noir
06-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Let's see what happens when he goes to trial. He's being tried because the boy was a muslim. Had the boy been any other religion there would be no trial. If he can in any way show the boy was insulting allah or islam then he will walk. If he can't show this he will be executed within 30 days of the trial.

Okies dokies, we'll wait and see, in the mean time can i enquire as to wheather torturing and murdering a blind student is enough to get the death penalty in the US?

Gaffer
06-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Okies dokies, we'll wait and see, in the mean time can i enquire as to wheather torturing and murdering a blind student is enough to get the death penalty in the US?

You might want to know that the koran demands beating a child that fails to memorize the koran.

In the US if he willfully tortured and murdered the child he would very likely get the death penalty in most states.

Noir
06-08-2008, 03:19 PM
You might want to know that the koran demands beating a child that fails to memorize the koran.

I didn't know that, as i have yet to cast my gaze apon the koran, i assume you have?

In the US if he willfully tortured and murdered the child he would very likely get the death penalty in most states.

So if he is found guilty, he'll be sentenced to death, that would be the same as if he had committed the crime in America?

Gaffer
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I didn't know that, as i have yet to cast my gaze apon the koran, i assume you have?

So if he is found guilty, he'll be sentenced to death, that would be the same as if he had committed the crime in America?

If he's found guilty he will be executed within 30 days. They don't have lengthy appeal processes. He will be hung, shot or beheaded. They also don't worry about whether he suffers.

If it's determined he acted in the interest of the koran then he walks.