PDA

View Full Version : what is the worst pain to experience

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Discuss Here

I believe, Trigeminal Neuralgia is the worst pain one can expierience because many who have this disease have committed suicide because of its unbearable pain, while the knee, with surgery and time can heal, and child birth, with drugs, and stitches can heal, and women volunteer to do it multiple times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterior_cruciate_ligament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childbirth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia

Abbey Marie
06-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Hard to say since I have only experienced one of these, but I would say that the worst pain is a continual pain with no hope of real relief. I also hear that the treatments for third degree burns are excruciating.

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 04:35 PM
So far BACK pain tops the list!

Abbey, I could tell a story or two about 3rd degree burn patients...I will say they are HEAVILY medicated.

April15
06-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Rotator cuff surgery pain lasts a good 5 months. Pinched nerves in the lower spine are more painful than lower back muscle spasms. But the pinched nerve can cause muscle spasms.
The worst pain of all is anything BUSH.

PostmodernProphet
06-01-2008, 08:13 PM
the election of a liberal president.....it lasts four years....

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 08:17 PM
The worst pain of all is anything BUSH.
Stay away from pussy...it gets alimony too.

82Marine89
06-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I would have to vote having appendicitis misdiagnosed by a navy doctor, gangrene set in, finally being medivaced from 29 Palms to Camp Pendleton for emergency surgery, being placed in a surgical coma for four days while the wound drained, losing 21 pounds in 9 days, not being allowed to drive for two months for fear in insides would land in my lap when applying the brakes, and having a six inch scar that gives me ghost cramps to this day.

After that I would vote dislocating my left knee jumping from an airplane.

April15
06-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I would have to vote having appendicitis misdiagnosed by a navy doctor, gangrene set in, finally being medivaced from 29 Palms to Camp Pendleton for emergency surgery, being placed in a surgical coma for four days while the wound drained, losing 21 pounds in 9 days, not being allowed to drive for two months for fear in insides would land in my lap when applying the brakes, and having a six inch scar that gives me ghost cramps to this day.

After that I would vote dislocating my left knee jumping from an airplane.Going septic beats dislocation.

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 08:30 PM

After that I would vote dislocating my left knee jumping from an airplane.
Never saw a knee on an airplane, dislocated or not. :poke:

82Marine89
06-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Never saw a knee on an airplane, dislocated or not. :poke:

I had line twist and bounced. Actually never felt any pain until after surgery.

manu1959
06-01-2008, 09:20 PM
my wife says childbirth was a breeze compared to knee surgey to repair her acl.....

my broken ribs were pretty bad.....but only when i brathed, coughed or moved......

dislocated shoulders hurt like hell.....all four times.....

got poked in the eye with a stick....didn't hurt but being blind for a week sucked....

Mr. P
06-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I had line twist and bounced. Actually never felt any pain until after surgery.

Static line? Ouch!

Missileman
06-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Having your ear drum blow up like a balloon from a eustachian tube clogged from sinusitis and then have it rip slowly open is probably the worst pain I've ever experienced...almost passed out.

Kathianne
06-02-2008, 04:45 AM
So far BACK pain tops the list!

Abbey, I could tell a story or two about 3rd degree burn patients...I will say they are HEAVILY medicated.

There may well be worse pain, I just haven't experienced it. I managed to herniate two discs making a bed. It was a Saturday and I was home with the 3 year old, while the other two were at soccer and baseball games with their dad. I fell to the floor and crawled to the kitchen. Derek of course thought I wanted to play, until he saw the tears. Then he joined me in crying. Got to the doctor who gave me Darvon and something else. Didn't make a dent in the pain, finally we went to the ER. Traction helped, but took 10 days.

diuretic
06-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Kidney stones.

82Marine89
06-02-2008, 07:28 PM
My third most memorable pain... Flash burn..... twice.

Gaffer
06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Open heart surgery, quadruple bypass.

Kathianne
06-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Kidney stones.

Never had stones, but this past January I had a kidney infection. It was surely painful, though not to the degree of my back. Certainly more dangerous though, if I wanted to keep living. :laugh2:

diuretic
06-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Never had stones, but this past January I had a kidney infection. It was surely painful, though not to the degree of my back. Certainly more dangerous though, if I wanted to keep living. :laugh2:

I wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone. It's the only pain I've had that was so bad I vomited. I had to get taken to the hospital (I was at work on night shift) and the nice doctor gave me some stuff that made me feel like I was laying on fluffy pink clouds....:laugh2:

midcan5
06-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Psychological pain, number one being the loss of a child.

Trigg
06-03-2008, 12:53 PM
The worse pain I've experienced is childbirth. At least you get a cute little baby after all the pain though.

gabosaurus
06-03-2008, 03:14 PM
The worst pain of all is a broken heart. Depression is pretty bad as well.

Stay away from pussy...it gets alimony too.

:laugh2: :laugh2: