PDA

View Full Version : Fears grow that Obama can't win

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Obama is geting his ass kicked in another primary. This time he is losing by 36 points in Puerto Rico

Many libs are now worried Obama is a loser, and can't win in November

However, is it to late to go with Hillary?

Fears grow that Obama can't winAnalysts believe white working class Democrats will defect to McCain if Clinton is not the nominee

With senator Barack Obama poised this week to clinch his party's nomination for President, there are growing fears in some quarters that the Democratic party may not be choosing its strongest candidate to beat Republican John McCain.

Senator Hillary Clinton has been making that argument for weeks. Now some recent polls and analysis, looking particularly at vital battleground states and support among white voters, have bolstered her case - even as Obama looks certain to become the nominee.

Obama supporters reject this argument and point to his record of boosting Democratic voter turnout, especially among the young. But sceptics in the party, already nervous about nominating Obama after the furore over outspoken pastor Jeremiah Wright, are growing increasingly concerned. 'There is an element of buyer's remorse in some areas. The question is whether it gets really strong now or in September - or even after the election is over, if he loses,' said Steve Mitchell, head of political consultancy Mitchell Research.

Another boost to Clinton's case came late last week after a pro-Obama preacher gave a race-tinged rant against her at Obama's church in Chicago. In a recent sermon Michael Pfleger - a long-term Obama backer who is white - mocked Clinton as an entitled white person angry at a black man having beaten her. His angry, red-faced speech, in which he mimicked Clinton weeping, was played repeatedly across American cable channels and the internet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/01/barackobama.uselections2008

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2008, 05:13 PM
he can win, if the electorate was all black

:lol:

Obama is geting his ass kicked in another primary. This time he is losing by 36 points in Puerto Rico

Fears grow that Obama can't winAnalysts believe white working class Democrats will defect to McCain if Clinton is not the nominee

With senator Barack Obama poised this week to clinch his party's nomination for President, there are growing fears in some quarters that the Democratic party may not be choosing its strongest candidate to beat Republican John McCain.

Senator Hillary Clinton has been making that argument for weeks. Now some recent polls and analysis, looking particularly at vital battleground states and support among white voters, have bolstered her case - even as Obama looks certain to become the nominee.

Obama supporters reject this argument and point to his record of boosting Democratic voter turnout, especially among the young. But sceptics in the party, already nervous about nominating Obama after the furore over outspoken pastor Jeremiah Wright, are growing increasingly concerned. 'There is an element of buyer's remorse in some areas. The question is whether it gets really strong now or in September - or even after the election is over, if he loses,' said Steve Mitchell, head of political consultancy Mitchell Research.

Another boost to Clinton's case came late last week after a pro-Obama preacher gave a race-tinged rant against her at Obama's church in Chicago. In a recent sermon Michael Pfleger - a long-term Obama backer who is white - mocked Clinton as an entitled white person angry at a black man having beaten her. His angry, red-faced speech, in which he mimicked Clinton weeping, was played repeatedly across American cable channels and the internet.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:14 PM
he can win, if the electorate was all black

:lol:

Bad news for Obama and his Kool Aid drinkers - the bitter rural voters VOTE

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah, you mean their actually white people?

and they like guns?

perish the thought

:laugh2:

Bad news for Obama and his Kool Aid drinkers - the bitter rural voters VOTE

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:24 PM
yeah, you mean their actually white people?

and they like guns?

perish the thought

:laugh2:

and they drive to the polls in their pick up trucks and SUV's :laugh2:

Sitarro
06-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I predict that the first black President will be a Republican.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 05:47 PM

Michael Steele?

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 05:54 PM

Whoever it is, it isn't going to be hussein.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Whoever it is, it isn't going to be hussein.

Bad news for the terrorists and Dem; good news for America

5stringJeff
06-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Apparently, Puerto Rico only had about 20% turnout, near a record low. Certainly, that makes Clinton's victory less meaningful.

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Apparently, Puerto Rico only had about 20% turnout, near a record low. Certainly, that makes Clinton's victory less meaningful.

Weird, because historically they usually had more like an 80% turn out.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 06:28 PM

She is winning by over 130,000 votes

Seems meaningful to me

Pale Rider
06-01-2008, 06:31 PM
She is winning by over 130,000 votes

Seems meaningful to me

It's like, "whatever,"... the dems are going to nominate hussein and that's all there is to it. Hello President mccain.

red states rule
06-01-2008, 06:33 PM
It's like, "whatever,"... the dems are going to nominate hussein and that's all there is to it. Hello President mccain.

It is better then Pres Barry, Pale

BTW, with PR, Barry has lost 6 out of the last 8 primaries. He is crawling over the finish line

GW in Ohio
06-02-2008, 07:23 AM

That video clip of the idiotic Catholic priest making a fool of himself was mainly to boost the spirits of Republicans. It'll be forgotten by the end of this week.

glockmail
06-02-2008, 09:57 AM
That video clip of the idiotic Catholic priest making a fool of himself was mainly to boost the spirits of Republicans. It'll be forgotten by the end of this week.
You're a racist, and don't understand Black Liberation Theology.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 10:17 AM
You're a racist, and don't understand Black Liberation Theology.

From what I have seen, it is racist blacks and guilt ridden whites who support Barry

red states rule
06-02-2008, 10:19 AM

Not when you add the nutty black preacher, Ayers the terrorist, and Resko the mobster

Obama has a bunch of criminal and racist friends.

mundame
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM

Good, I agree.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Good, I agree.

A great ticket would be Michael Steele/Condi Rice

mundame
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
A great ticket would be Michael Steele/Condi Rice

Okay. Works for me.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Okay. Works for me.

Wow! My heart skipped a beat over that reply :laugh2:

mundame
06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I'm sure. http://macg.net/emoticons/smileevil.gif

red states rule
06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I'm sure. http://macg.net/emoticons/smileevil.gif

It's OK. I did not need a defibrillator :laugh2:

midcan5
06-02-2008, 12:59 PM
If the electorate choses to elect flip flop McSame over Obama we have to face that fact as Americans. Let's be honest here, no one can be worse than Bush and while the only known outcome of a McCain win is more children, wives, and mothers will cry themselves to sleep, most voters will not care and will stay in that bubble where they find comfort.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

red states rule
06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
If the electorate choses to elect flip flop McSame over Obama we have to face that fact as Americans. Let's be honest here, no one can be worse than Bush and while the only known outcome of a McCain win is more children, wives, and mothers will cry themselves to sleep, most voters will not care and will stay in that bubble where they find comfort.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

It will be much worse to elect Obama and give us Pres Peanut's second term

Voters are turned off by Obama's racism, and the racist and terrorist friends he hangs out with