PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton: 'This May Be the Last Day I'm Ever Involved in a Campaign of This Kind'

red states rule
06-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Is this a sign the end is near for Bill and Hillary? Did Hillary OK this comment, or is Bill helping her again?

Bill Clinton: 'This May Be the Last Day I'm Ever Involved in a Campaign of This Kind'

June 02, 2008 12:48 PM

ABC News' Sarah Amos Reports: Speaking to a crowd in Milbank, SD former President Bill Clinton admitted that today could be the last time he has such an active role in presidential politics.

"I want to say also that this may be the last day I'm ever involved in a campaign of this kind. I thought I was out of politics, 'til Hillary decided to run. But it has been, one of the greatest honors of my life to go around and campaign for her for president," said Clinton as he began his speech.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/06/bill-clinton-th.html

glockmail
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Is this a sign the end is near for Bill and Hillary? Did Hillary OK this comment, or is Bill helping her again?

Bill Clinton: 'This May Be the Last Day I'm Ever Involved in a Campaign of This Kind'

ABC News' Sarah Amos Reports: Speaking to a crowd in Milbank, SD former President Bill Clinton admitted that today could be the last time he has such an active role in presidential politics.

"I want to say also that this may be the last day I'm ever involved in a campaign of this kind. I thought I was out of politics, 'til Hillary decided to run. But it has been, one of the greatest honors of my life to go around and campaign for her for president," said Clinton as he began his speech.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/06/bill-clinton-th.html He'll be back with Hillary in 2012. There won't be a black man to spoil the party for them next time.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
He'll be back with Hillary in 2012. There won't be a black man to spoil the party for them next time.

Bill and Hillary will give Obama the same level of support they agve Kerry in 04

glockmail
06-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Bill and Hillary will give Obama the same level of support they agve Kerry in 04 Its the Queen Bee Syndrome (QBS).

red states rule
06-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Its the Queen Bee Syndrome (QBS).

To the Clinton's the hell with the party - they want it and will stop at nothing to get it

mundame
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM

"I want to say also that this may be the last day I'm ever involved in a campaign of this kind.

Huh. Today? It does sound as though he knows she's leaving the campaign, and has spilled the beans.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Huh. Today? It does sound as though he knows she's leaving the campaign, and has spilled the beans.

Leave it to Bill to take the spotlight

Another reason the Dems turned their back on Hillary

retiredman
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Question: If she drops out in the next few days, where does that leave RSR's prognostications concerning floor fights in Denver?

Answer: about the same place as his predictions that Rudy would sweep the republican primaries and win the nomination.

06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Even with incredible blow outs tomorrow Barrack can't clinche the nomination as no super delegate is bound until the convention.

I dont think Bill's statements are an indication that Hillary will drop out tomorrow. But tomorrow is the final primary so the campaigning would be with the super delegates.

red states rule
06-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Even with incredible blow outs tomorrow Barrack can't clinche the nomination as no super delegate is bound until the convention.

I dont think Bill's statements are an indication that Hillary will drop out tomorrow. But tomorrow is the final primary so the campaigning would be with the super delegates.

Hillary can still take this to the credentials committee, can go to court, and we still have many left wing groups ready to protest in the streets of Denver

Yep, Obama is showing what a uniter he is :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
06-02-2008, 05:13 PM
apparently then he has no intention of stumping for Obama?......

red states rule
06-02-2008, 05:15 PM
apparently then he has no intention of stumping for Obama?......

As I said before, the Clintons will show the same support for Obama as they did for Kerry

The last thing the Clintons want is for Barry to win in November

Abbey Marie
06-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Bill's comment is code for, "I will be back to 100% hound availability soon".

red states rule
06-02-2008, 06:43 PM

You mean Bill's prowling that were covered in Vanity Fair? It only took them 16 years to finally write about Bill's social habits

stephanie
06-02-2008, 06:44 PM

teehee...:laugh2:

red states rule
06-02-2008, 06:45 PM
teehee...:laugh2:

I did not know he ever stopped

retiredman
06-02-2008, 09:27 PM
true to form, RSR has avoided my question.

why am I NOT surprised?

red states rule
06-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Yep, Obama is brining the Dem together - for John McCain :laugh2:

White Women Take the Gloves Off
By Froma Harrop

The woman who shouted "McCain in '08" at the Democratic rules committee was speaking for a multitude. After mounting for months, female anger over the choreographed dumping on Hillary Clinton and her supporters has exploded -- and party loyalty be damned. That the women are beginning to have a good time is an especially bad sign for Barack Obama's campaign.

"Obama will NOT get my vote, and one step more," Ellen Thorp, a 59-year-old flight attendant from Houston told me. "I have been a Democrat for 38 years. As of today, I am registering as an independent. Yee Haw!"

A new Pew Research Center poll points to a surging tide of fury, especially among white women. As recently as April, this group preferred Obama over the presumptive Republican John McCain by three percentage points. By May, McCain enjoyed an eight-point lead among white women.

What's dangerous for the Democratic Party is that, for many women, the eye of the storm has moved beyond Hillary or anything she does at this point. The offense has turned personal.

They are now in their own orbit, having abandoned popular Democratic Websites that reveled in crude anti-Hillary outpourings -- and established new ones on which they trade stories of the Obama people's nastiness.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/06/white_women_take_the_gloves_of.html

mundame
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
What's dangerous for the Democratic Party is that, for many women, the eye of the storm has moved beyond Hillary or anything she does at this point. The offense has turned personal.

They are now in their own orbit, having abandoned popular Democratic Websites that reveled in crude anti-Hillary outpourings -- and established new ones on which they trade stories of the Obama people's nastiness.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/06/white_women_take_the_gloves_of.html

Horrible insults from men on the right AND left focusing on Hillary's sex ------- and she went from being a shoo-in to some young black man getting the nomination!!

Of course it's sexism. http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif

06-04-2008, 10:37 AM
In reference to the last day Clinton will be involved in a campaign like this:

Hallellujah! :thewave::banana::dance::dance::dance::cheers2:

mundame
06-04-2008, 10:41 AM

Hallellujah! :thewave::banana::dance::dance::dance::cheers2:

Bill Clinton saying that was bizarre; upstaging his wife's exit?

Also the wild condemnation of the Vanity Fair reporter.

On Fox last night commentators were literally wondering aloud if it could have been a brain effect from his open heart surgery.

I think so. Alexander Haig was off the wall after he had a quadruple bypass. So that can be a problem on occasion.

glockmail
06-04-2008, 11:23 AM

Hallellujah! :thewave::banana::dance::dance::dance::cheers2: Until there's an oak stake through her heart- she'll be back.