PDA

View Full Version : General: Bush guilty of gross incompetence

gabosaurus
06-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Ricardo Sanchez, a former leader of the U.S. ground troops in Iraq who was often lauded by the Bush administration, has gone the "life story" book route after retirement. I doubt the Bushies will be as happy when his story comes out.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/02/gen-ricardo-sanchez-bush-guilty-of-gross-incompetence-and-dereliction-of-duty/

In the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, I watched helplessly as the Bush administration led America into a strategic blunder of historic proportions. It became painfully obvious that the executive branch of our government did not trust its military. It relied instead on a neoconservative ideology developed by men and women with little, if any, military experience. Some senior military leaders did not challenge civilian decision makers at the appropriate times, and the courageous few who did take a stand were subsequently forced out of the service.

Gaffer
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Sounds interesting. I didn't notice a release date. will be interesting to see if he's complaining or finger pointing.

Psychoblues
06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Wow!!!!!!! I didn't see that coming!!!!!!!!!! Did you?

Silver
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Sanchez:

Some senior military leaders did not challenge civilian decision makers at the appropriate times, and the courageous few who did take a stand were subsequently forced out of the service
----------------------------------------------------

Sanchez should done some reading on the life of General McArthur....

To second guess or "challenge" the civilian authority is not good for a military career.. thats the way it is...and thats the way it should be...

Gaffer
06-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I want to hear if he challenged anyone and if he retired for that reason. If he didn't challenge anyone then why not? I suspect a lot of generals weren't listened too early in the occupation which is why things have gone the way they have. Hope he produces a tell all book and not some Bush bashing liberal bullshit.

Psychoblues
06-02-2008, 09:16 PM
'Zat all you got, Silver?

Sanchez:

To second guess or "challenge" the civilian authority is not good for a military career.. thats the way it is...and thats the way it should be...

Maybe he should have spoken up earlier? 'Zat what you're saying? The next star eluded him anyway, didn't it?

Silver
06-02-2008, 09:28 PM
'Zat all you got, Silver?

Maybe he should have spoken up earlier? 'Zat what you're saying? The next star eluded him anyway, didn't it?

Just an observation....

This country is ruled by ELECTED civilians ... not generals

Thats it...thats all...

manu1959
06-02-2008, 09:32 PM
yet another employee disagrees with his boss.....so he quits and complains about it..........what a stunner.....

retiredman
06-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Just an observation....

This country is ruled by ELECTED civilians ... not generals

Thats it...thats all...

haven't you deified Petraeus? Haven't you been grossly critical of elected civilians not buying what he has to say?

Psychoblues
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Give silver a break, mfm. This country is governed by civilians and the advise of soldiers that have retired and now speak as civilians is important to our understanding, no?

haven't you deified Petraeus? Haven't you been grossly critical of elected civilians not buying what he has to say?

I have never been a fan of Sanchez but I have always respected his stated opinions. Now I learn his opinions were somewhat shaded towards a political end. That is what pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Sanchez:

Some senior military leaders did not challenge civilian decision makers at the appropriate times, and the courageous few who did take a stand were subsequently forced out of the service
----------------------------------------------------

So.... Even in military matters, we should default to non-military on how best to perform military actions? Isn't that kind of like telling the doc he doesn't know what he's talking about in medicine, only to take the reccommendation of the local drunk?

Psychoblues
06-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Strawman, ds72.

So.... Even in military matters, we should default to non-military on how best to perform military actions? Isn't that kind of like telling the doc he doesn't know what he's talking about in medicine, only to take the reccommendation of the local drunk?

We have a political quagmire on our hands with no military resolution in sight. Do you have a military one that might negate the political considerations? I doubt it.

manu1959
06-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Strawman, ds72.
We have a political quagmire on our hands with no military resolution in sight. Do you have a military one that might negate the political considerations? I doubt it.

wait a second .....i thought it was a military quagmire with no political soultion is sight....

Psychoblues
06-02-2008, 11:03 PM
'Zactly, m'59. If the political problem had been resolved competently there would never have been a military quagmire of which I speak.

wait a second .....i thought it was a military quagmire with no political soultion is sight....

I hope you enjoy the rep, my friend!!!!!!!!