PDA

View Full Version : Families Separated By Raid On Sect Are Reunited

Pale Rider
06-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I still have major reservations about this cult. I think there's been surplus child molestation going on. I think the state better keep a real close eye on these weirdos, and keep investigating them non stop.

Families Separated By Raid On Sect Are Reunited

2008-06-02 21:25:56
By MICHELLE ROBERTS Associated Press Writer

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) — More than 400 children taken from a polygamist sect's ranch two months ago began returning to the arms of their tearful parents Monday, hours after a judge bowed to a state Supreme Court ruling that the seizure was not justified.

"It's just great day," said Nancy Dockstader, whose chin quivered and eyes filled with tears as she embraced her 9-year-old daughter, Amy, outside a foster-care center in Gonzales, about 65 miles east of San Antonio. "We're so grateful."

Her daughter and four other children were among the roughly 430 children ordered released after two months in state custody, much of it spent in foster care centers. Because siblings were separated at facilities hundreds of miles apart, it will probably take several days for all the families to be reunited.

On Monday, 129 children were returned to their parents. A church leader also said any future marriages would only involve sect members who were of legal age.

OH BOY... we can all relax now.... :uhoh:

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14685169&feedid=14

dread
06-02-2008, 11:46 PM
I am still waiting for Jeff Warrens DNA results to come back...Those people look like inbred freaks...

Psychoblues
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
They all thank Jesus for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pale Rider
06-03-2008, 02:11 AM
I am still waiting for Jeff Warrens DNA results to come back...Those people look like inbred freaks...

I agree. The mono brows, the blank stares, the matching hair, the matching dresses, they may as well droll to complete the picture. There's bad things going on in that cult.

crin63
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
First off let me say that I am completely opposed to the beliefs of those people and their lifestyle. It's very possible that children were abused but I just think we always need to act or react with a little caution. There is a difference between presumed guilt and proven guilt.

Take the McMartin preschool incident in California for example. I had a friend that actually went by and shot up the place over his anger. Those people were ruined and never proven guilty of a crime. The charges were dropped eventually but their lives were ruined. California used it to pass daycare legislation so they could tax daycares all in the name of protecting the children.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I think its better for a guilty man to go free than for an innocent man to be imprisoned. Let the courts sort it out. Sometimes they get it right.

5stringJeff
06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
First off let me say that I am completely opposed to the beliefs of those people and their lifestyle. It's very possible that children were abused but I just think we always need to act or react with a little caution. There is a difference between presumed guilt and proven guilt.

Take the McMartin preschool incident in California for example. I had a friend that actually went by and shot up the place over his anger. Those people were ruined and never proven guilty of a crime. The charges were dropped eventually but their lives were ruined. California used it to pass daycare legislation so they could tax daycares all in the name of protecting the children.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I think its better for a guilty man to go free than for an innocent man to be imprisoned. Let the courts sort it out. Sometimes they get it right.

I agree. There were 5 girls who were either molested, pregnant, and/or in a "marriage." The others were not believed to be in immediate harm, and should not have been separated from their mothers. The ones who ought to be taken from the compound are the child-molesting fathers.