PDA

View Full Version : McCain opposed gay marriage amendment

gabosaurus
06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Said he didn't think it fit in with ideals of the GOP. Voted against it.
Perhaps McCain has been "bought off" by gay lobbyists. Or otherwise persuaded. :)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/14/mccain.marriage/

theHawk
06-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Good because the federal government has no authority to prevent or ban a religious ceremony, just as state and federal government have no authority to force us to recognize gay marriages.

Pale Rider
06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Said he didn't think it fit in with ideals of the GOP. Voted against it.
Perhaps McCain has been "bought off" by gay lobbyists. Or otherwise persuaded. :)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/14/mccain.marriage/

He doesn't think it fits aye.... well, that's just another example of how out of touch mclame is with conservatives, not to mention he does have a problem with lobbyists.

Hagbard Celine
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Good because the federal government has no authority to prevent or ban a religious ceremony, just as state and federal government have no authority to force us to recognize gay marriages.

Aye, but government does have the authority to make the law recognize it. ;)

glockmail
06-03-2008, 03:42 PM
What the fuck is this thread about, some 2004 cnn article? He was on Ellen Degenerate a few weeks back and told her he didn't believe in queer marriage.

midcan5
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
What the fuck is this thread about, some 2004 cnn article? He was on Ellen Degenerate a few weeks back and told her he didn't believe in queer marriage.

"Now watch what you say
Or they´ll be calling you a radical
A liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Oh won´t you sign up your name
We´d like to feel you´re
Acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!"

actsnoblemartin
06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I dont object to your opinion, I object to your use of the word queer, you dont have to be hateful about it.

I am as straight as you, but i wouldnt want some gay person going, oh those fucking hetero's

glockmail
06-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I dont object to your opinion, I object to your use of the word queer, you dont have to be hateful about it.

I am as straight as you, but i wouldnt want some gay person going, oh those fucking hetero's
They were the ones who chose the word queer. Just like they chose their lifestyles. Besides, I did't say fucking queers, just queers.

bullypulpit
06-04-2008, 06:14 AM
"Now watch what you say
Or they´ll be calling you a radical
A liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Oh won´t you sign up your name
We´d like to feel you´re
Acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!"

Supertramp...Ha!

Most RWN's are more like lemmings than vegetables, but that doesn't rhyme.

bullypulpit
06-04-2008, 06:16 AM

It's called "flip-flop". You know, changing your mind on an issue to appeal to a given constituency.

bullypulpit
06-04-2008, 06:19 AM

Why do you care? How, exactly, are you harmed by same gender couples being granted the same rights, privileges and responsibilities under the law that traditional couples enjoy? Be specific please.

glockmail
06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
It's called "flip-flop". You know, changing your mind on an issue to appeal to a given constituency.
No I think you Libs are playing Straw Man. :pee:

06-04-2008, 10:30 AM
i find it amusing that you guys are coming here and attacking McCain when its clear that most of us already know McCain has alot of flaws and think he pretty much sucks.

Yeah we know McCain sucks. But McCain sucking, doesn't make Obama any better.