PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax County VA welcomes illegals, but threatens to sue the Army

red states rule
06-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Once again, the liberals show their priorities. They love and welcome illegals, but have distain for the US military

BTW, according to a local radio station, the school system does NOT observe Veterans Day

Fairfax County welcomes illegals, but threatens to sue the Army
June 1, 2008 07:49 PM

Enough Obamessiah, people. Via a long chain of blogs I ended up at this post, which points out an interesting contrast in the priorities of the lovely Fairfax County, VA.

This week, the Fairfax County School Board threatened to sue the Army:

The top elected school official in Fairfax County said the system may sue to force the Army to recognize that an upcoming job influx at Fort Belvoir will bring a flood of new students.

Ok, I understand that Fairfax County is just trying to shake down the Federal Government for as much money as it can get. That’s ugly, but hardly unprecedented. But they need to understand how bad it looks when they welcome illegal immigrants with open arms, but give the cold shoulder to the Army.

You see, as discussed before on this blog, Fairfax County is a sanctuary county for illegal immigrants. When asked about his stance on illegal immigration, Board of Supervisors Chairman Gerald Connolly explained, “I can just tell you Fairfax County is not going to go the route of some of our neighbors. We’re not going to demagogue. We’re not going to essentially roll back the welcome mat.”

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/01/fairfax-county-welcomes-illegals-but-threatens-to-sue-the-army/