PDA

View Full Version : Even Andrew Sullivan Is Cautioning Obama

Kathianne
06-03-2008, 11:58 AM
The surge is working better than anyone could have foreseen, well at least Sullivan and the anti-war crowd. More power to him, he at least has the honesty to say what needs to be said:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/06/obama-and-iraq.html

Links at site:

Obama And Iraq

01 Jun 2008 07:59 pm

The WaPo reflects what I've been trying to understand better: the surprising success (after a rocky start) of the Iraqi Army in Basra, the neutralization of the worst parts of the Sadr forces in Sadr City, increasing success in Mosul, and four-year lows in sectarian violence. The caveats are still there and should never be discounted: Sadr's militias are still strong in the shadows, sectarian tensions can still flare up, national reconciliation (with a few recent bright spots) remains elusive, Iran is meddlesome, etc. But that the Maliki government is stronger now than anyone anticipated a few months ago seems beyond doubt. WaPo:

If the positive trends continue, proponents of withdrawing most U.S. troops, such as Mr. Obama, might be able to responsibly carry out further pullouts next year. Still, the likely Democratic nominee needs a plan for Iraq based on sustaining an improving situation, rather than abandoning a failed enterprise. That will mean tying withdrawals to the evolution of the Iraqi army and government, rather than an arbitrary timetable; Iraq's 2009 elections will be crucial. It also should mean providing enough troops and air power to continue backing up Iraqi army operations such as those in Basra and Sadr City. When Mr. Obama floated his strategy for Iraq last year, the United States appeared doomed to defeat. Now he needs a plan for success.

The trap Obama must not be caught in is one of excessive pessimism. Conditions now favor expeditious withdrawal more than they did only a few months ago. But the manner of withdrawal, its pace, and its concomitant diplomacy now require a different cast, and may require an even different one next February and March. None of this means that this war was not a mistake; it does suggest it need not in the medium term be a catastrophe. Petraeus deserves the lion's share of the credit; luck and time and the self-defeating nihilism of the Jihadists have helped. But Bush and McCain equally merit points for pursuing the surge, even though the metrics pointed to failure. Obama needs to capitalize on these gains, not dismiss them.

Psychoblues
06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Are you quoting Mr. Fag, Andrew Sullivan? Did you get a chance to kiss his bride? I am certain any man would suffice for you, kitty.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Are you quoting Mr. Fag, Andrew Sullivan? Did you get a chance to kiss his bride? I am certain any man would suffice for you, kitty.

:laugh2:

mr fag, is that the new gay superhero?

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Mr. Fag has been a reich wing hero for some time, martin. Is he your new hero?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 01:08 AM
NO, im not left wing or right wing, in neutral :laugh2:

as far as the war goes, im very confused :coffee:

Mr. Fag has been a reich wing hero for some time, martin. Is he your new hero?

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Everyone is confused about the war, martin.

NO, im not left wing or right wing, in neutral :laugh2:

as far as the war goes, im very confused :coffee:

If Mr. Fag is your man, admit it. The question was about the wisdom of the war and YOU made the fag issue a superfulous point. Care to explain your analogy?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 01:31 AM

If Mr. Fag is your man, admit it. The question was about the wisdom of the war and YOU made the fag issue a superfulous point. Care to explain your analogy?

I am a goofy man ok :laugh2:, I like to take tense moments and use humor to make them more comfortable. I dont know if that answers your question, but i tried.

I dont understand what mr fags point is, can u cliff note it, and then ill tell you.

why dont u like him?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 01:33 AM
my fear with leaving iraq is the oil fields for starters i mean can the iraqi people stop a well oiled iranian military?

how do we know the shiites wouldnt just work with iran, and enjoy the good life, they were denied under saddam?

then we are really fucked...

I dont know, i dont claim, to be a genius here, not even close.

whats the alternative, honestly im listening

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 01:34 AM
the war is always such a tense issue, that normally brings high emotions and anger out of people.

it scares me to bring it up sometimes.

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 02:07 AM
War is an issue the certainly should scare you, martin.

the war is always such a tense issue, that normally brings high emotions and anger out of people.

it scares me to bring it up sometimes.

Where was your critical thinking during the ramp up of the gwb administration?

Were you sitting in a corner shitting your pants and believing every word being fed to you by a compliant media and an overwhelmed congress?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 02:17 AM
I was a fucking moron, I not only believed everything i was told, i thought it would be easy and wanted the war, cause i thought it would be a cake walk, on that issue i was a retard (stupid)

I have no problem admitting i was wrong

War is an issue the certainly should scare you, martin.

Where was your critical thinking during the ramp up of the gwb administration?

Were you sitting in a corner shitting your pants and believing every word being fed to you by a compliant media and an overwhelmed congress?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 02:20 AM
president bush and the media :suck:

the american people :poop:

anyone who dared speak up was treated like this: :splat: :banana2: :blowup:

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzShg7yXik

Sitarro
06-09-2008, 02:31 AM

Hey psicko, why don't you leave the kid alone? He is one of the few, if any, on this planet that can put up with your garbage. Funny how a homosexual who may sometimes be more conservative is a fag to a "progressive" like you. Typical leftist....... you are an elitist, racist, anti homo........ so typical. Have another case of beer.

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Hey, zero. You are a sad circumstance. Your mission is only to admonish me? Have at it, cowgirl.

Hey psicko, why don't you leave the kid alone? He is one of the few, if any, on this planet that can put up with your garbage. Funny how a homosexual who may sometimes be more conservative is a fag to a "progressive" like you. Typical leftist....... you are an elitist, racist, anti homo........ so typical. Have another case of beer.

Are we having fun yet?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:00 AM
you're talking about andrew sullivan?

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 03:12 AM
I don't think so, martin.

you're talking about andrew sullivan?

zero was talking about YOU.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:19 AM
im sorry, but are you calling me a homosexual?

just cause i am a gay activist doesnt mean im gay.

There are many heterosexuals that are gay activists, those who believe in gay causes

I do appreciate you standing up for me, but psycho doesnt say anything to hurt my feelings, we are cool :)

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Please forgive zero for being such a zero, martin.

There are many heterosexuals that are gay activists, those who believe in gay causes

I do appreciate you standing up for me, but psycho doesnt say anything to hurt my feelings, we are cool :)

Quite simply, he just can't help it, don't you know?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:32 AM
so, what are you up to pb

Please forgive zero for being such a zero, martin.

Quite simply, he just can't help it, don't you know?

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 03:52 AM
You tryin' to be cute, martin?

so, what are you up to pb

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:53 AM
oh no thats my girlfriends job :laugh2:

You tryin' to be cute, martin?

Sitarro
06-09-2008, 07:36 AM

No, I was talking about Psickshit and his labeling of Andrew Sullivan a fag. You are suppose to be the gay activist martin and you don't have a problem with psickoshit referring to a national homosexual figure as fag. Makes about as much sense as you defending rapist and killers but are in favor of women killing babies for convenience.

So Martin, if someone raped and killed your girlfriend, you wouldn't want him fried?