PDA

View Full Version : Dream ticket in the making????

Silver
06-03-2008, 05:58 PM
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton told colleagues Tuesday she would consider joining Barack Obama as his running mate, and advisers said she was withholding a formal departure from the race partly to use her remaining leverage to press for a spot on the ticket.

"I am open to it," Clinton replied, if it would help the party's prospects in November. Her direct quote was described by two lawmakers who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak for Clinton.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton

The women has no pride..no self esteem at all...:laugh2::laugh2:

glockmail
06-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I think that she'll probably do it. If if they lose to McCain, she can still run again in '12. Edwards did. But Obama would have shot his wad.

Little-Acorn
06-03-2008, 07:37 PM
The only way Obama has a chance, is if he picks a relatively conservative running mate to offset his flaming liberalism. Of course "conservative Democrat" is a contradiction in terms. Even so-called "conservative" Joe Lieberman never saw a tax increase he didn't like, or a spending program either... and he would wipe out ALL Obama's hate-the-war kook base.

TWO flaming libs like Obama and Hillary would suffer a McGovernesque defeat. And for much the same reasons McGovern did.

06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
more like nightmare ticket.

Mr. P
06-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Obama is dumb as dirt if he goes for this.

Dilloduck
06-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Obama is dumb as dirt if he goes for this.

Absolutely. I can see his wife threatening him now. If he chooses her for VP, Hillary WILL have won.

Mr. P
06-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Absolutely. I can see his wife threatening him now. If he chooses her for VP, Hillary WILL have won.

Exactly..and with all her skeletons he losses.

GW in Ohio
06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton told colleagues Tuesday she would consider joining Barack Obama as his running mate, and advisers said she was withholding a formal departure from the race partly to use her remaining leverage to press for a spot on the ticket.

"I am open to it," Clinton replied, if it would help the party's prospects in November. Her direct quote was described by two lawmakers who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak for Clinton.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton

The women has no pride..no self esteem at all...:laugh2::laugh2:

And no class.

Abbey Marie
06-04-2008, 09:18 AM
The only way Obama has a chance, is if he picks a relatively conservative running mate to offset his flaming liberalism. Of course "conservative Democrat" is a contradiction in terms. Even so-called "conservative" Joe Lieberman never saw a tax increase he didn't like, or a spending program either... and he would wipe out ALL Obama's hate-the-war kook base.

TWO flaming libs like Obama and Hillary would suffer a McGovernesque defeat. And for much the same reasons McGovern did.

Exactly what I have been saying. Obama will pick a moderate white male.

ranger
06-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Hillary said she would accept it but I don't think she wants it. She wants Obama to go down in flames by himself so she'll be the sole survivior for 2012.

GW in Ohio
06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Hillary said she would accept it but I don't think she wants it. She wants Obama to go down in flames by himself so she'll be the sole survivior for 2012.

I think you may be right. She's done everything she can to sabotage Obama, and she continues to try to marginalize him.

Team player? Not hardly.

Nukeman
06-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Exactly what I have been saying. Obama will pick a moderate white male.Obama doesn't "get to pick" he has to take who the DNC gives him, they run things a little differently than the Repub's. So if she schmoozes enough people she can get the nod frrom the DNC for the Vice Presidency. If they feel that will give them the best chance of winning they will do it!!!! IMHO

mundame
06-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Hillary said she would accept it but I don't think she wants it.

Hillary was the only person I would have voted for (and not an optimal candidate, IMO), but her as Number 2 doesn't work for me. So I'm out.

06-04-2008, 10:34 AM
And no class.

She's a Democrat

GW in Ohio
06-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Obama doesn't "get to pick" he has to take who the DNC gives him, they run things a little differently than the Repub's. So if she schmoozes enough people she can get the nod frrom the DNC for the Vice Presidency. If they feel that will give them the best chance of winning they will do it!!!! IMHO

Actually, Obama does get to pick his running mate.

Hagbard Celine
06-04-2008, 10:42 AM
She's a Democrat

Yeah because Republicans are shining examples of class :rolleyes: What a big fat joke. :lol:

06-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah because Republicans are shining examples of class :rolleyes: What a big fat joke. :lol:

You're the one assuming that the Republicans are shining examples of anything. Ive never said such a thing.

glockmail
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Absolutely. I can see his wife threatening him now. If he chooses her for VP, Hillary WILL have won. QBS between Hill and Michelle? :clap:

Hagbard Celine
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
You're the one assuming that the Republicans are shining examples of anything. Ive never said such a thing.

You insinuate it by always laughing it up whenever anything negative about a Democrat comes out or either keeping quiet or defending everytime anything negative about a Republican comes out.
Don't insult my intelligence by pretending that you're just a "fair and balanced" guy at heart. Please :rolleyes:

06-04-2008, 12:27 PM
You insinuate it by always laughing it up whenever anything negative about a Democrat comes out or either keeping quiet or defending everytime anything negative about a Republican comes out.
Don't insult my intelligence by pretending that you're just a "fair and balanced" guy at heart. Please :rolleyes:

I didnt realize there was intelligence to insult. Just the truth.

Monkeybone
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM

ACtually, while it is common practice to give the candidate the option of choosing, the chose for them with the delegates voting.

Hagbard Celine
06-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I didnt realize there was intelligence to insult. Just the truth.

You wouldn't know the "truth" if it slapped you in the face with its dick.

06-04-2008, 12:45 PM
You wouldn't know the "truth" if it slapped you in the face with its dick.

Such a witty retort. I don't know how I can deal with your intense intellectual capability. Woe is me! I am going to have to go wallow in a corner in dispair.

retiredman
06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
the choice is all Obama's.

The DNC does not make the VP call.

I personally like Richardson who would put red states NM, AZ, CO in play, make McCain have to campaign in TX, and solidify CA.

stephanie
06-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Such a witty retort. I don't know how I can deal with your intense intellectual capability. Woe is me! I am going to have to go wallow in a corner in dispair.

I :laugh2:ed

mundame
06-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I personally like Richardson who would put red states NM, AZ, CO in play, make McCain have to campaign in TX, and solidify CA.

Richardson is the one who watched the Superbowl with Bill Clinton and then defected to Obama, infuriating both the Clintons. So I assumed at the time he'd had an offer from the Obama campaign.

Monkeybone
06-04-2008, 01:17 PM

yes, but at the same time the party can say no and nominate who they want. it's just that they usually honour the candidate's choice and nominate them

retiredman
06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
yes, but at the same time the party can say no and nominate who they want. it's just that they usually honour the candidate's choice and nominate them

when is the last time that happened? ;)

Abbey Marie
06-04-2008, 04:10 PM

Yup. I predicted Richardson would be the choice a few months ago, whoever got the nomination. In the interim, he appears to have had a falling out with the Clintons, though, so this matchup is even more likely.

Hagbard Celine
06-04-2008, 04:58 PM

That's a good idea. You spend a lot of time there so go ahead and settle into your groove and have a good, long cry.

Monkeybone
06-04-2008, 05:50 PM
when is the last time that happened? ;)

*sigh* i know. i just wanted to sound smart. emphasis on sound

Sitarro
06-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Obama is nothing but a slave puppet, the monied white masters that pull the strings will tell that punk who they will allow to be VP and his inadequate ass will like it or else. According to their calculations, they know they need a Mexican to go with an African. Being white, they know full well how racist blacks and hispanics are so they will load the ticket. They also know what a bunch of pussy followers that liberal whites are(Gabbit, Celine, GDoink from Ohio, etc) so they will play to their feelings of inadequacies to all things with colored skin pigment.

Soros is playing the idiot left like a Stradivarius. You libs are a joke.:laugh2:

Sitarro
06-04-2008, 10:22 PM

It's an incredible waste of time to talk to you about class or politics. Judging how extraordinarily weak your avatar is and how proud you are of it, it would be a waste of time to talk to you about illustration and what a joke MSPaint is. Basically, you are a pathetic waste of time and fit the stereotype of a Democrat perfectly........ not that I'm trying to insult you personally, really, I swear.

manu1959
06-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Exactly what I have been saying. Obama will pick a moderate white male.

like mccain?

DragonStryk72
06-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah, no chance in hell he's going with Clinton, it just wouldn't work. Beyond the fact that both of them have flatly said no to that idea (Except now Hil wants something different than that, so that doesn't count as something that she did during her 35 years of "experience"), there is the simple fact of the egos involved. Hilary does not work and play well with others, she's getting stung by it.

glockmail
06-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Obama is nothing but a slave puppet, the monied white masters that pull the strings will tell that punk who they will allow to be VP and his inadequate ass will like it or else. According to their calculations, they know they need a Mexican to go with an African. Being white, they know full well how racist blacks and hispanics are so they will load the ticket. They also know what a bunch of pussy followers that liberal whites are(Gabbit, Celine, GDoink from Ohio, etc) so they will play to their feelings of inadequacies to all things with colored skin pigment.

Soros is playing the idiot left like a Stradivarius. You libs are a joke.:laugh2: There's a lot of truth to this.